CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='rmb']I was thinking we could use a stickied Buy/Sell/Trade thread in the trading forum. Markman could put a link to it here in the OP. Then all the "I have a stick for sale" posts would stay out of here. I was thinking this due to wanting to sell/trade one myself. Though this isn't the place for it IMO. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Even if you were to do all of that, it'd probably be best just to make a TL over at Shoryuken.com where everybody buys this type of stuff mainly. Oh and PM me what ya have btw. ;)

[quote name='distgfx']Even if you were to do all of that, it'd probably be best just to make a TL over at Shoryuken.com where everybody buys this type of stuff mainly. Oh and PM me what ya have btw. ;)[/QUOTE]

:shock: Where have you been?

[quote name='distgfx']Over there ------> :wave:[/QUOTE]

Ah, there's your problem.
I don't read from right to left.
I'm going to need you to get

[quote name='dv8mad']Ah, there's your problem.
I don't read from right to left.
I'm going to need you to get

every once in a while so we can chill ... bring bayonetta, LOL!

[quote name='TheUnsane1']I am gonna be modding my SE stick since I can't tolerate the sticking buttons any more and had to go back to my DOA 4 stick, however this has brought up a question for me.
I found my movement in Tekken 6 on the DOA 4 stick was MUCH better then with the SE stick, from what I gather the Sanwa sticks are looser then Seimitsu sticks which are stiffer with less throw distince. The DOA 4 stick feels stiffer then the stock SE stick to me. So is the Seimitsu stick likely a better option for my play style?[/QUOTE]
A Seimitsu stick would probably suit you best for Tekken. The stick is a bit stiffer and the throw is a bit smaller. You could always just get an LS-32 spring and place it in your current stick to see if that helps with the looseness.

[quote name='rmb']I was thinking we could use a stickied Buy/Sell/Trade thread in the trading forum. Markman could put a link to it here in the OP. Then all the "I have a stick for sale" posts would stay out of here. I was thinking this due to wanting to sell/trade one myself. Though this isn't the place for it IMO. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

That would be a great Idea. Im looking for a decent stick on the west coast and using the search I get tons of threads that are outdated.

[quote name='djbooba']A Seimitsu stick would probably suit you best for Tekken. The stick is a bit stiffer and the throw is a bit smaller. You could always just get an LS-32 spring and place it in your current stick to see if that helps with the looseness.[/QUOTE]
i didn't see this, but i think the EX2 (DoA4 stick) is much closer to the Sanwa than the Seimitsu. i don't have an SE to compare, but I do have a TE and a HRAP EX-SA.

the throw on the EX2 is longer than the Sanwa and Seimitsu. Seimitsu's is definitely short and it's actually kind of jarring the first time you play on it.

Sanwa definitely feels a bit tighter than the EX2.

if you're looking for something closer to the EX2 go with Sanwa, Seimitsu's a different feel altogether.

personally the Sanwa feels better for Tekken... however, i play on the Seimitsu just because i'm too lazy to remap buttons, and i don't think it makes too much of a difference anyway.

I just assumed the SE was supposed to emulate the Sanwa feel and the SE stick and buttons to me are junk compared to the EX2 the buttons are a squishy mess and they get stuck, the stick feels so loose it's a chore to sidestep (it did work fine for circular motions on sf4 tho.).

Maybe I'll just order both a Sei and Sanwa and make a decision after putting a bit of time in with each since I haven't really had much experience with Sei. parts over the years, and it's been so long since I used sanwa even since the local(ish) arcade is closed still to my knowledge (university pinball in philly due to a fire over the summer).

One of my sanwa buttons is sticking, and sadly, it is my most important one, jab! Is there a way to fix it or just get it replaced? The other 7 are fine.

[quote name='blitz6speed']One of my sanwa buttons is sticking, and sadly, it is my most important one, jab! Is there a way to fix it or just get it replaced? The other 7 are fine.[/QUOTE]

You can open the button up and see if you are able to tell what side it is sticking to, and then shave off a little on that side. If that doesn't work you just have to get a new one. I have tried to lube them in the past and it never lasts for long.

Yah, i guess i'll just order a replacement. Can you guys also tell me which stick i need to replace the one on my T5? I changed the buttons to sanwas but im so used to my TE stick, that i need a similar stick. I do ok as it is, but i do much better on the TE.

Also, i need a chuthulu + imp board as well to dual mod my TE.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Yah, i guess i'll just order a replacement. Can you guys also tell me which stick i need to replace the one on my T5? I changed the buttons to sanwas but im so used to my TE stick, that i need a similar stick. I do ok as it is, but i do much better on the TE.

Also, i need a chuthulu + imp board as well to dual mod my TE.[/QUOTE]

You can throw a sanwa JLF into the T5, thats what I always do

A JLF-TP-8T will work just fine( stay very far away from Seimitsu on the t5 stick), it will Also feel just like your TE if you haven't changed out the stick. As for the boards no idea who is selling them anymore but I am guessing Bomber will.

On a side note as anyone played with the new Happ Perfect 360? Can't find any info about it but it looks soooo good.

Anyone take apart their Wireless Tekken 6 Hori Stick yet? I want to see inside without doing it myself.

My review of the stick is that is sucks ass(alright..it's ok). The wireless is the best part. It feels like a Hori EX 2 with a better base. The stick is loose IMO. The buttons need to be broken in, very unresponsive in my SFIV play, needs to be pressed pretty hard compared to Sanwas(obviously) and Seimitsus. I did lose a few matches in SFIV due to the stick not being as responsive to my inputs as I'm used to, my hand slipping off the stick, and worse of all the base moving around in my lap because of either the weight or size of it(works better on a table).
Overall, it is bearable, but if you are used to JLF's, Sanwa or Seimitsu buttons, than most sticks will feel like shit without what you're used to. I do play with it when I'm too lazy to plug in the cord, or when I'm playing more for fun than competitiveness.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Anyone take apart their Wireless Tekken 6 Hori Stick yet? I want to see inside without doing it myself.

My review of the stick is that is sucks ass(alright..it's ok). The wireless is the best part. It feels like a Hori EX 2 with a better base. The stick is loose IMO. The buttons need to be broken in, very unresponsive in my SFIV play, needs to be pressed pretty hard compared to Sanwas(obviously) and Seimitsus. I did lose a few matches in SFIV due to the stick not being as responsive to my inputs as I'm used to, my hand slipping off the stick, and worse of all the base moving around in my lap because of either the weight or size of it(works better on a table).
Overall, it is bearable, but if you are used to JLF's, Sanwa or Seimitsu buttons, than most sticks will feel like shit without what you're used to. I do play with it when I'm too lazy to plug in the cord, or when I'm playing more for fun than competitiveness.[/QUOTE]

I did a wireless mod on my TE since day 1, 98% of the time I'm too lazy to plug the cord. Also having no cord extends the life of my console because my dogs dont trip on the wires and bring the console down. One 360 suffered that fate and I was surprised it lasted 2 weeks after the drop before it RROD. I got the t6 stick but haven't played with it yet.

Pic of the inside from shoryuken

1103091450a.jpg

After using the Tekken 6 stick last night I felt it wasn't really all that bad in a this has potential sort of way. I thought the weight issue would bother me a lot more but I really didn't even notice, but stock parts were pretty crappy. Buttons are soldered on but that isn't all that hard to replace, I haven't been reading up on it enough to find out what is required for another stick though. .

Hori Wireless looks like a pain in the ass to mod. If I decide to get all the equipment to mod it, I might as well mod my friends Hori EX2 as well. You probably have to dremel the button holes too huh?

For Tekken 6, FGT, & Stick Thread Regulars
Whoever suggested that to email Bandai Namco about not receiving the Samurai Pack DLC yet from Amazon. Thanks. I just emailed them with a screen shot of my order and they emailed me back with a code in less than 5 mins. Anyone who didn't get theirs do it now.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']For Tekken 6, FGT, & Stick Thread Regulars
Whoever suggested that to email Bandai Namco about not receiving the Samurai Pack DLC yet from Amazon. Thanks. I just emailed them with a screen shot of my order and they emailed me back with a code in less than 5 mins. Anyone who didn't get theirs do it now.
[/QUOTE]
Wow thanks for the tip. Had mine in minutes.

So me and my gf decided to put some custom art in the SFIV SE Fight Sticks I picked up a few months ago and here are the results
dsc0423up.jpg

dsc0424c.jpg

I'm going to order some octagonal gates, Sanwa buttons and ball tops to finish customizing them, but just thought I'd post a picture of our progress so far.

Me and my gf decided to mod the SFIV SE Fight Sticks I picked up a few months ago with our own art, and get some new parts for them (especially since one of the gates is completely worn down). Below is a picture of the art we got put on them, since she finished them up yesterday and we wanted a small project to work on today.

dsc0424c.jpg

dsc0423up.jpg

I'm in the process of ordering some 8-way octagonal gates, Sanwa buttons and ball tops to finish decking them out, but I just figured I'd post a picture of our progress so far.

[quote name='eastx']What email address did you guys use to contact them?[/QUOTE]

Go to that site EastX: http://tekken.namco.com/DLC/faq.php
First Paragraph or so they give you the email. Just submit a screen cap of your Amazon.com invoice and send it to them explaining that you haven't received it. I'm guessing we'll also get the codes from Amazon as well.

[quote name='SL4IN']So me and my gf decided to put some custom art in the SFIV SE Fight Sticks I picked up a few months ago and here are the results
dsc0423up.jpg

dsc0424c.jpg

I'm going to order some octagonal gates, Sanwa buttons and ball tops to finish customizing them, but just thought I'd post a picture of our progress so far.[/QUOTE]

Pretty nice, I like the flowers for your GF stick(Unless that's yours).
I can see a common error with yours and most peoples SE custom arts. The white lining around the buttons due to not removing the holes lines in the templates before print. That would drive me crazy!

Also I played Pac-Man CE with my TE stick the other day. Man did I have a hell of a time. The Sanwa sticks are definitely not made for pac-man action.

A non jpn stick is better for Marvel ie Happ. If you must have a jpn then Seimitsu would be better. But at the end of the day its what works for you.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Also I played Pac-Man CE with my TE stick the other day. Man did I have a hell of a time. The Sanwa sticks are definitely not made for pac-man action.[/QUOTE]
Did you switch the restrictor to the 4-way position? That should make 4-way games like Pac-Man feel a lot better.

Hey guys, I've been informed by super programmer John that these insanely long threads are detrimental to site performance. I'm going to lock this one up and someone else can create a new one.

Going forward, lets lock these up and create new threads after 500 replies.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back