CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='eastx']I'll take the PCB, dude. Don't throw it away.[/QUOTE]

Sorry man. I didn't get the reply in time.

Decided to change out my art on one of my sticks a few days ago. Didn't have a template so I kinda made an educated guess at where the buttons would be lol.

p1050071u.jpg

p1050114i.jpg

I want to dual mod my Hori FS3 so I can use it on my Xbox 360. I was thinking of using the wired Xbox 360 controller PCB for this but I'm having trouble with the original PCB of the FS3. How do I tell which side is ground and which side is signal? lol and how will I solder the USB cable? If anyone done dual mod on FS3 please give me some inside or even a tutorial will be much appreciate.

[quote name='luan87us']I want to dual mod my Hori FS3 so I can use it on my Xbox 360. I was thinking of using the wired Xbox 360 controller PCB for this but I'm having trouble with the original PCB of the FS3. How do I tell which side is ground and which side is signal? lol and how will I solder the USB cable? If anyone done dual mod on FS3 please give me some inside or even a tutorial will be much appreciate.[/QUOTE]

Both PCBs have to be common ground. The FS3 PCB will be fine, but you would need to specifically find a common ground 360 pad (not the official MS pad).

Here's the FS3 PCB map I made though:

horifightingstick3pcb.jpg

Also you will probably have trouble if you connect the 360 PCB's trigger buttons - many PCBs' triggers would require resistors and such if connected in a dual PCB setup.

Hey anubis, I'm trusting you not to post any previews of my stick materials so I can #1, be totally surprised and, #2 post it here in all it's glory once it's fully assembled.
BTW, I want to put together some type of package for you once everything is all said and done. Please PM me if you have any ideas of random stuff you may like from Japan.

[quote name='dv8mad']Hey anubis, I'm trusting you not to post any previews of my stick materials so I can #1, be totally surprised and, #2 post it here in all it's glory once it's fully assembled.[/QUOTE]

For all to see a preview of DV8s stick

SEXYGIRL_ARCADESTICK.jpg

[quote name='coolsteel']Namco whore[/QUOTE]

I sense jealousy in your words

[quote name='anubis20']For all to see a preview of DV8s stick

SEXYGIRL_ARCADESTICK.jpg

I sense jealousy in your words[/QUOTE]

:cry: Now no one will be surprised... :cry:

Are the Seimitsu PS-14-KN 30mm Pushbuttons on Lizard Lick's site Screw-In or Snap-In buttons?

Also do they fit relatively easy in an HRAP2SA and TE without a dremel of any kind?

[quote name='asianxcore']Are the Seimitsu PS-14-KN 30mm Pushbuttons on Lizard Lick's site Screw-In or Snap-In buttons?

Also do they fit relatively easy in an HRAP2SA and TE without a dremel of any kind?[/QUOTE]

they are indeed screw-in they fit just fine, i've used them in HRAP, SE, and TE.

Those buttons are screw-ins. Note the securing nut sitting under the button in Lizard Lick's photos.

Both the HRAP2SA and the TE come with snap-in buttons stock, and can accept either type. (The TE reportedly is a bit of a tight squeeze using screw-ins due to how close one button is to the mounting plate, but I don't think this problem affects Seimitsu buttons.)

EDIT: Beaten in the time it took me to walk downstairs and reset my cable modem orz

hey does anyone know if the street fighter te' stick manufacturer warranty starts after purchase or after opening it

because im buying one from a public seller and wont open it till december

Should be at the date of purchase. I wouldn't worry about something going wrong with it, Im sure MC will take care of you if there is a problem.

[quote name='blitz6speed']What is the fastest way to get a chuthulu and a imp board? Im in so cal if that matters. Need to dual mod my TE stick ASAP.[/QUOTE]

gamingnow.net

[quote name='jonathanp']What would be the best stick to get as far as budget and quality?[/QUOTE]
I would go with a SE FightStick. You can always mod it later if you want to and it is a great stick stock. Nothing cheaper out there compares to the quality of the SE.

[quote name='Halo05']Aw yeah, both my new sticks are arriving today.

HRAP EX SE and... whatever the new (to the US) PS3 HRAP is called.[/QUOTE]

I had those on pre-order from amazon but I cancelled since im getting the Tekken 6 LE along with the Tekken 6 HRAP from Japan.

[quote name='coolsteel']To hell with any more sticks, just bought an ASCII SNK dreamcast stick and Namco psone stick yesterday, wallet is hurting[/QUOTE]

and you were about to buy more today, face it you need an iintervention.... you're addicted

[quote name='anubis20']and you were about to buy more today, face it you need an iintervention.... you're addicted[/QUOTE]

I've seen your closet Tekken boy, you're going to be sleeping on arcade sticks yourself soon enough. Maybe we can trade each other for the most comfortable box.

Reminds me latest stick

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmm, the HRAP3 SA is a dream. Happily it works with PS2 games as well as 1 and 3, that was a bit unexpected, I could've sworn someone somewhere told me it wouldn't.

[quote name='jonathanp']What would be the best stick to get as far as budget and quality?[/QUOTE]

Get a Hori EX 2 for your Xbox 360. Cheap quality stick from Hori. There might be other Hori sticks that will fit your budget with better quality. Hori is one of the best in this business if not "The Best".

[quote name='coolsteel']I've seen your closet Tekken boy, you're going to be sleeping on arcade sticks yourself soon enough. Maybe we can trade each other for the most comfortable box.

Reminds me latest stick [/QUOTE]

Markman is tekken boy, not me. I only have 3 tekken sticks ;)

I see the magical optimus stick that I put together.

I wasn't thinking of getting Tekken 6, but the Tekken 6 with wireless arcade stick bundle dropped to $140 at Amazon recently. Using the $5 off coupon and an old ECA code, I managed to preorder the bundle for $120 w/ release day shipping. I'm looking forward to poking around with the stick, though I generally dislike Hori's button layouts.

Dv8, your stick is looking great! Nice art.

The Tekken 6 wireless fight stick is surprisingly well designed! It appears to be a new shape, thin and sleek as opposed to fat and huge like many Hori sticks. The art definitely needs to go.
Can't comment on the stick or button quality, nor have I opened it up yet.

The Tekken 6 wireless fight stick is surprisingly well designed! It appears to be a new shape, thin and sleek as opposed to fat and huge like many Hori sticks. The art definitely needs to go.
Can't comment on the stick or button quality, nor have I opened it up yet. Still, I think they should sell the stick by itself. Once modded, it'll be extremely comfortable to use.

[quote name='eastx']The Tekken 6 wireless fight stick is surprisingly well designed! It appears to be a new shape, thin and sleek as opposed to fat and huge like many Hori sticks. The art definitely needs to go.
Can't comment on the stick or button quality, nor have I opened it up yet. Still, I think they should sell the stick by itself. Once modded, it'll be extremely comfortable to use.[/QUOTE]

I am curious if the board on the Ps3 version is common ground or not. If it is, the dual ps3/360 wireless stick can actually become a reality. Also, does anyone know if the ps3 version uses bluetooth or a dongle?

How much smaller is it to the normal Hori stick ( ie any model from the ps2, HRAP: EX, or Pro 3) Bomber? I've come to really like the bigger case on the older models. Btw you need to rip that sucker open, still no word on qd or not, I doubt it but would like to know.

That artwork on your TE is amazing, grey. I wish it was what they used on all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LostRoad']How much smaller is it to the normal Hori stick ( ie any model from the ps2, HRAP: EX, or Pro 3) Bomber? I've come to really like the bigger case on the older models. Btw you need to rip that sucker open, still no word on qd or not, I doubt it but would like to know.[/QUOTE]

No QD, PCB is soldered to the buttons.

[quote name='anubis20']No QD, PCB is soldered to the buttons.[/QUOTE]

:roll: The dark ages live on then. That stick looks smaller than a SE. Bla, things are not looking good for our hero.

[quote name='BlueSwim']That artwork on your TE is amazing, grey. I wish it was what they used on all of them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. You should see my other one.
It's also signed by daigo, seth killian, yoshinori ono, and justin long.

I am gonna be modding my SE stick since I can't tolerate the sticking buttons any more and had to go back to my DOA 4 stick, however this has brought up a question for me.
I found my movement in Tekken 6 on the DOA 4 stick was MUCH better then with the SE stick, from what I gather the Sanwa sticks are looser then Seimitsu sticks which are stiffer with less throw distince. The DOA 4 stick feels stiffer then the stock SE stick to me. So is the Seimitsu stick likely a better option for my play style?

I was thinking we could use a stickied Buy/Sell/Trade thread in the trading forum. Markman could put a link to it here in the OP. Then all the "I have a stick for sale" posts would stay out of here. I was thinking this due to wanting to sell/trade one myself. Though this isn't the place for it IMO. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back