CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Jest']Happened to be first post in the BST when I checked.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=205090[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That seller in that thread seems to be MIA atm, but honestly, there is no way I can afford that price.

I'm looking at the Hori Fighting Stick SS or Virtua Stick HSS-0136, though shipping from Japan is dreadful. Are these the two best options on the Saturn? If anyone has any suggestions, please share.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']If anyone has any suggestions, please share.[/QUOTE]If you have a PS2 stick there's a converter for the Saturn. http://www.tototek.com/store/index...._id=52&zenid=9e6166af97c6e0d5a89e064fb3ba0229

-----
Some new balltop.

http://www.akihabarashop.jp/article_info.php?articles_id=40&osCsid=68a32a780306cfbd66b883f144fddcc4

2vknedd.jpg

Just got this today, a VSHG with a hacked official 360 wired pad.
2ez6793r.jpg

The colored buttons use Sanwa RG micro-switches. The thick light blue wire between the stick and 360 controller pcb is a cat5 cable.
r8ugw0.jpg

--
10rnvde.jpg

@LostRoad sorry for you, i was just replying on my marked threads i dont have any intentions of spamming. Stop accusing me. LOlX

[quote name='SmallWind']Just got this today, a VSHG with a hacked official 360 wired pad.
2ez6793r.jpg

The colored buttons use Sanwa RG micro-switches. The thick light blue wire between the stick and 360 controller pcb is a cat5 cable.
r8ugw0.jpg

--
10rnvde.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Pimpin'. I want to dual mod my VSHG.

[quote name='dkreegz515']where did that star ball top come from?[/QUOTE]

http://www.akihabarashop.jp/

You can pick them up there. Not sure if any other place carries them at the moment.

@Reichan if you arn't spamming with dumb shit, then perhaps think out what you want to put more in threads. Seems you read the last two posts of any thread and then post a comment in it, with comments only regaurding to the last two posts. There are more than a few threads you have done this in , in the short time you have been here, each post clearly showing you haven't read the thread and seem to post just to post. That's not spamming?

@LostRoad well what can i say that was your opinion, All i know is i just started to readt the last comment maybe your right im relying on the last posts, what do you expect from a new comer? do i have to read all the *shits your talking about? its a hundred posts LoL im making my move to have a collaboration w/ others so stop bugging me, im not doing anything wrong.

Anyway thanks to you im now posting long thread answers as you requested, LoL :)

[quote name='eastx']You should check out my dual modding guide in the Shoryuken.com Tech Talk forums. It's stickied.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up eastX. I saw that thread and it super useful. Problem is I am terrible at Soldering, Wiring and such. Hoping I can pay one of my buddies to do it for me :)

Also I might try to Balltop/Button Mod my HRAP2SA as a test project before I mess anything else up. I was reading Tingboy SRK's tutorial and it seems pretty straight-forward, just keeping track of screws, washers and button layouts/mapping.

Do you have to take apart the entire Joystick to replace the stock Balltop with a Clear/Bubbletop? The guide seemed unclear about that.

The new designs are good, but you guys need to hurry up and release a fighting pad with a proper button layout like Japan's getting. The current one's no good for Castle Crashers, whereas one with triggers in the right places would be perfect.

eastx: as of right now we're not allowed to until we make a non licensed version (easier said than done)...

---

IGN Blog: Harada fleshes out details on the TEKKEN 6 wireless arcade sticks...

http://sdtekken.com/2009/09/22/ign-blog-more-limited-edition-info-on-art-book-fighting-stick/

---

My two cents...

The wireless arcade stick is very good. If you're looking for a tournament level arcade stick or something using high end Sanwa components, this stick might not be for you.

But if you want something that plays solid and has the convenience of wireless, then this is definitely the stick you want to get. I have over 120 arcade sticks in my collection, and I will definitely be using this on my X360/PS3 when training at home/in practice mode due to the convenience of sitting on my couch and relaxing rather than propping up my TE stick on my table/on the floor.

The stick itself is compact and comfortable enough to play with on your lap or on a table. Wireless signals have come a long way and if you're worried about lag/latency, you shouldn't be.

The battery life per set of AA batteries on these sticks is very long, it's not like the Li-Ion battery on the Dual Shock 3/SIXAXIS controllers where you get less than 20 hours out of your gaming sessions.

Isn't there a Tekken 6 bundle for these sticks?

And I'll assume the Round 2 sticks/pads are wired on 360, wireless on ps3, right?

Round 2 sticks are wired.

Pads are same (wired for 360; wireless for PS3).

---

If anyone cares...

Xbox 360 Asian Edition Mad Catz Tournament Edition sticks available now! !

pa.162466.2.jpg

pa.162466.3.jpg

pa.162466.4.jpg

I finally found a madcatz game stick (the atari 2600 controller for 360). Brand new and still sealed, got it from a really sweet girl locally, and funny enough, she knows valle, wong and all the major scene guys. It was pretty awesome lol. Will be hacking this pad soon to dual mod my T5 stick which i just put sanwa buttons into.

Oh mang. Hori is stepping up their game. Has Madcatz put the pressure on them in Asia Mark?

WTF is up with the licensed. That shit ain't going on your lap.

I really don't think they'll be making that (at least not mass market). Probably web only.

I'm in for one though.

I think it is pretty much obvious. The arrival for another company to take over the arcade stick market (90%) was probably a wake up call for the good guys at Hori. I'm glad they answered back. Time for me to show all my cards ;) Or maybe 2 or 3.

Do want the HRAP VEEEEEEEEEEE very badly.

Maybe if it doesn't come out for like seven months I'll have a job and be able to buy one.

I got 4 more sticks this past week -_-

This pushes me over 130. I'm never going to fit all this crap in one room. October is going to kill me. Eff you Hori. This is what I'm getting:

2 x Hori Fighting Stick VX
2 x Hori Fighting Stick V3
2 x Hori Real Arcade PRO 3 (TEKKEN 6 Edition)
2 x Hori Real Arcade PRO EX (TEKKEN 6 Edition)
2 x TEKKEN 6 Wireless Arcade Stick Bundle (Xbox 360)
2 x TEKKEN 6 Wireless Arcade Stick Bundle (PS3)
1 x Hori Real Arcade PRO EX SE (Xbox 360) - US Release
1 x Hori Real Arcade PRO 3 SA (PS3) - US Release

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK MY WALLET.

That's not counting the SF Round 2 stuff.

Shiet.

^^^
lol. Wouldn't you get the R2 stuff as a complimentary gift for working on it though? Did you ever find a suitable shelf/bookshelf for your sticks?

Well.. I already have them.. But I don't really count them as part of my collection ya know... more like work stuff lol.

If I added up just all the sticks in my house/I have at my office it'd be a bit crazy.

[quote name='MarkMan']I got 4 more sticks this past week -_-

This pushes me over 130. I'm never going to fit all this crap in one room. October is going to kill me. Eff you Hori. This is what I'm getting:

2 x Hori Fighting Stick VX
2 x Hori Fighting Stick V3
2 x Hori Real Arcade PRO 3 (TEKKEN 6 Edition)
2 x Hori Real Arcade PRO EX (TEKKEN 6 Edition)
2 x TEKKEN 6 Wireless Arcade Stick Bundle (Xbox 360)
2 x TEKKEN 6 Wireless Arcade Stick Bundle (PS3)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK MY WALLET.

That's not counting the SF Round 2 stuff.

Shiet.[/QUOTE]

How do you afford all this stuff?!? I have some of the same stuff on pre-order and paying them off little by little, like $25 here, $32 there, so that come October im not wallet raped. This is what I got on PO

1 x Hori Real Arcade PRO 3 (TEKKEN 6 Edition)
1 x TEKKEN 6 Wireless Arcade Stick Bundle (PS3) Might cancel this one in favor of the Japanese Tekken HRAP.

So I bought a SFIV TE (Great stick)

But I am not used to the squared gate. I have a modded EX with a Octogon plate.

I really need to switch it out since playing SFIIHD I switch back cause I couldn't get used to it.

Since I cant go back 200 pages (i went back about 20) is it a easy mod? I know Lizardlicks for the parts but I would rather not drill like I did last time. Is it a snap in snap out type process?

yeah its pretty simple opening it up and swapping, though i have heard of some people having the nut that holds the screws in place fall off inside the joystick

If someone is loosing anything in just swapping out gates they are taking to much off. It is just four prongs that you push in to remove the old one and snap the new one on. Should not take you more than five min to open it up replace and close again.

[quote name='lostroad']if someone is loosing anything in just swapping out gates they are taking to much off. It is just four prongs that you push in to remove the old one and snap the new one on. Should not take you more than five min to open it up replace and close again.[/quote]

great!

Well, two buttons on my Hori EX2 stopped working (one works occasionally) so I decided that I would buy the parts to mod my stick. After a lot of reading here, and through the linked threads, I've decided to do the mod from pineconeattack.com. My wife has made stained glass art before, so she is has the soldering skills to help me. I'll be switching out the buttons this weekend and putting new artwork on it. The stick works fine, and I like the square gate so I am not changing those.

Wish me luck on my first trial, and I'll post a pic if successful.

You can do it, Kreutz! But just do you know, sometimes it's the PCB that's gone bad and not the buttons. Still, replacing the buttons first is a good idea.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but alas...

Success was not meant for me. Following the guide was simple enough, but the soldering proved more difficult than expected. The circuit board still had the resin from hot glue apparent at the solder points (?) and when we attempted to solder the wire connections to these points the solder rolled off the wire onto the board itself, almost like mercury. Nevertheless, we finished the project and hooked the stick up to see how it turned out. Three buttons worked, while, unsuprisingly, the three that gave us soldering problems did not. We troubleshooted for a little while, and even tried re-connecting some of the buttons that did not work, but it was to no avail.

I did notice that the soldered button-wires-pcb design added more space to the stick, pushing the pcb too far away from the buttons to fit into the casing. We worked around that. Also, lami-labelling is very affordable ($2.50 at FedEx Kinkos) and the Sanwa buttons felt amazingly better than the Hori stock buttons.

In the end we trashed the stick. This proved to be an expensive failure for me, but fortunately I just received my student loan refund (frivolous expenditures of this money... but I'd not have tried to mod my stick if I didn't have those funds in the first place).

My Hori EX 2 gave me hours of fun with HD remix, SFIV, MvC2, Battle Fantasia, and even a little DoA4, and now it is no more. Fortunately my birthday is in November, so I'll have to pick up a new arcade stick. Qucik disconnects have become a very important feature for this purchase ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back