CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='StarCreator']Being a licensed stick, it's not -really- a HRAP (true HRAPs are never attached to a game license). I believe it was confirmed the stick uses an LS-32 (I want to say Famitsu was the source but I can't recall at the moment) but there was no word on the buttons, so they're probably generic Hori. Also no word on whether or not the buttons are on quick disconnects or soldered to a PCB.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Yeah, I understand it's not a true HRAP. My question was really more about confirming what parts were in it, though I'm sure it's just the standard "generic" buttons that the licensed sticks use.

[quote name='NegativeZero']Are both the TE and SE non-BC for PS2 games on the PS3. I've got an 80 GB from the MGS bundle.

TIA[/QUOTE]

Well TIA, unfortunately the PS3 SE and TE remain non-backward compatible. However, if you get a 360 SE or TE and dual mod it with a Cthulhu, or replace a PS3 SE or TE's PCB with a Cthulhu, the Cthulhu IS fully backward compatible for PS2 games played on a PS3.

[quote name='eastx']Well TIA, unfortunately the PS3 SE and TE remain non-backward compatible. However, if you get a 360 SE or TE and dual mod it with a Cthulhu, or replace a PS3 SE or TE's PCB with a Cthulhu, the Cthulhu IS fully backward compatible for PS2 games played on a PS3.[/QUOTE]

lol, thank you. TIA = Thanks In Advance
I was hoping to do without modding.
Is it possible that the Tekken 6 stick will be BC?

3869807785_0a780218e8_b.jpg

new artwork ftw

Where do you guys find custom art for your sticks? Excuse me if I missed a link somehwere in the OP, but I would love to customize my stick (Arcade stick noob here) and Don't mind getting my hands dirty.

Damn. I want that PAX exclusive stick because it has the violet bezel around the artwork and the violet buttons. It would make the theme I'm working on so much easier.

The girly in me wants that stick. Also it would be cool if madcatz sold those color bezels/empty bases so we could just switch em out.

[quote name='djbooba']Damn. I want that PAX exclusive stick because it has the violet bezel around the artwork and the violet buttons. It would make the theme I'm working on so much easier.[/QUOTE]

Same here. This saves me the trouble in having to try and order purple Sanwa parts and swap them out on the regular TE.

I'd probably switch out the artwork though. Oh well, I have 4 days to decide :)

[quote name='BlueScrote']Where do you guys find custom art for your sticks? Excuse me if I missed a link somehwere in the OP, but I would love to customize my stick (Arcade stick noob here) and Don't mind getting my hands dirty.[/QUOTE]

u make da picture with photoshop or something..

http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/

Hey Markman, do you have any insight on what time on the 4th that stick will be available on the Capcom Online store/Gameshark Online store? Its gonna be F5 city all day otherwise.

Any chance of just getting that artwork template so that I could put it on my existing TE Stick? I love the concept and design, but I really don't want to spend another $160 for another TE stick that I don't need :p

Here is my Rose themed TE Fight stick. I have to do something about the red bezel since it kinda dosent match. But its got the Pearl Seimitsu buttons with the clear bubble top ball. The stick looks much better in person since the black background is a canal picture from Italy so the detail looks much better. Let me know what you guys think. I was thinking of painting the bezel yellow since its on outline like her scarf.

img0165d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Markman,
When do the new MvC 2 TE sticks-new artwork SF4 TE sticks/fightpads come out? Needing a PS3 fightpad and that Cammy one is better than the Chun-Li one.

That rose stick is pretty s2k!

Anyone use stick art from MameMarquees.com? I got a polycarbonate laminate control panel sticker from them. It's great but it bubbles up in a few places. Is there an especially good way of smoothing those out?

[quote name='ZForce']Femme Fatale sticks are now up on the Gameshark store, I ordered one, guessing they won't last long[/QUOTE]

nice, as much as I want to order one. I must resit...spent too much last month.

I hear you there, but I keep telling myself that I'll kick myself later if I don't get one. I'll just have to sell my other TE Stick to recoup some of the cost.

[quote name='anubis20']i cant get one of those femme TE's, my photoshop skills suck and i could still come up with better art[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it looks totally slapped together

[quote name='coolsteel']Agreed, it looks totally slapped together[/QUOTE]

I actually like the Femme Fatale design with the purple buttons more than the MvC2 TE stick design.

[quote name='coolsteel']With the Virtua Stick High grade, how can you tell if you have the "S" revision?[/QUOTE]

Look at the bottom. It should be stamped directly below the label.

[quote name='distgfx']You mean the SE or TE? TE doesn't really need to be modded unless it's for aesthetics, but it's very easy if you want to.

Here's some info if you want to mod the SE with higher quality parts:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=175882[/QUOTE]
The SE. It looks like it costs about $54 for the parts; do these guys ever have a sale, or is it ever cheap on ebay?

[quote name='cleaver']The SE. It looks like it costs about $54 for the parts; do these guys ever have a sale, or is it ever cheap on ebay?[/QUOTE]

Join up with shoryuken and hit up the trading forum, people have buttons and parts for sale all the time that they don't need.

Hey guys,
I want to get an arcade stick for the 360, but not sure which is a good one to get. I see the street fighter iv ones but didn't know if there was other better ones out that were better.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back