CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going on a month now without getting my SE stick back from MadCatz. What a joke. Spend $80 on a broken piece of crap and wait over a month to get it back.

Hey guys, finally was able to pick up a stick at a decent price (Thanks Trakan!). Anyway, I got the HRAP for the 360 so I was just wondering how good it is for shooters, like Ikaruga and such, and Virtua Fighter 5? Anyone with any experiences?

[quote name='docvinh']Hey guys, finally was able to pick up a stick at a decent price (Thanks Trakan!). Anyway, I got the HRAP for the 360 so I was just wondering how good it is for shooters, like Ikaruga and such, and Virtua Fighter 5? Anyone with any experiences?[/QUOTE]

it works great with Ikaruga and VF5. I love mine.

My Freshly Modded Pair. All Sanwa-Buttons, Ball Tops (Blue is Limited Mesh Ball), GT-Y Gates

main.php

[quote name='anubis20']i believe you can run a wire straight from the button to the big pcb[/quote]

do you know how i could go about this? I want to mod the stick anyway, so this should make for less soddering if i dont need the daughter board.

[quote name='Layd Dly']My Freshly Modded Pair. All Sanwa-Buttons, Ball Tops (Blue is Limited Mesh Ball), GT-Y Gates

main.php
[/QUOTE]

I like that blue color! Are you planning to put any art on it?

[quote name='docvinh']I like that blue color! Are you planning to put any art on it?[/quote]

Yup waiting on my Plexi Top Cover from someone on SRK to come in, so then i can change as often as i want.

My fs3 is starting to give out on the fierce button, which makes run stop fiercing really annoying. I may have to mod it soon.

When is lizardlick opening up again?

Finally got the HAIS converter in, all I have to say is ... wow, simply wow. This things makes it blatantly obvious that the old one may not of been lagging on the PC but it sure as hell was on the PS3. My stick works sooo much better now. I was able to pass the trial I was having a hard time on too with ease.

I decided to go for something a little different for my artwork. Not as hilarious as the Pedo Bear one, but a little unusual (for the target demographic of SF IV, I really could care less) It's been a long time since I worked on Photoshop. Good to know I have some sort of skill with this program. Hoping to get it printed out at Kinko's FedEx Office soon.

minniemousetefightstick.png

As it creeps up on end-March/early-April, I'd really like to get in on the next batch of Mad Catz TE sticks. I imagine a majority will be going to those with outstanding pre-orders. Any recommendations on picking one up without obsessively refreshing retailer pages or compulsively checking CAG to see if anybody new is starting to sell them again?

It's the Hori clone that some Taiwanese company has been releasing since Tekken 5 was out.

If you look at the case design it is the same as the real arcade series (Not HRAP) by Hori. The Real Arcade series started at Saturn/PS1 (Virtua Fighter 2, Tekken 3) and carried up until the PS2 (Tekken Tag, Tekken 4, Soul Calibur II).

I know too much about sticks -_-

I still have a preorder at Gamestop for a TE stick that hasnt been filled. I get the feeling its not going to be. This most recent production run (2nd?) is the last, right?

[quote name='flizmo007']Going on a month now without getting my SE stick back from MadCatz. What a joke. Spend $80 on a broken piece of crap and wait over a month to get it back.[/QUOTE]

That's the sad state of MadCatz I'm afraid.

[quote name='MarkMan']It's the Hori clone that some Taiwanese company has been releasing since Tekken 5 was out.

If you look at the case design it is the same as the real arcade series (Not HRAP) by Hori. The Real Arcade series started at Saturn/PS1 (Virtua Fighter 2, Tekken 3) and carried up until the PS2 (Tekken Tag, Tekken 4, Soul Calibur II).

I know too much about sticks -_-[/quote]

Do you own one of these sticks? What's your ranking compared to other sticks...The casing looks decent enough...

I'm having a hell of a time cutting through this Plaskolite stuff with a spade bit. I am going to pick up a Forstner bit today, anyone have any tips for cutting it without breaking? I'm down to my plast peice of acrylic.

[quote name='rcaido']Do you own one of these sticks? What's your ranking compared to other sticks...The casing looks decent enough...[/quote]

I don't own one of the knock offs. But the originals are very good IMO.

So I can't speak on the build quality of the one in that link. But if you can get your hands on one of those older gen Hori sticks, go for it. Those Hori sticks were from when Hori made good buttons, not the mushy feeling ones like in the HRAP2 on.

[quote name='docvinh']Just played my hrap ex and wow, what a huge difference from the pad playing Virtua fighter 5! Unfortunately, no one online to play with.:([/QUOTE]

It's awesome for VF5. And I agree, there's nobody online usually. :cry:

Not bad. The Euro manufactured happ sticks are much nicer than the newer ones, which actually spin the shaft as you spin the stick, which is really retarded.

I'd say its not a bad deal for 83 bucks, especially if you can fit a cthulu in there easily.

That seller should really get somebody to make him a decent art template. It looks thrown together. But the price is good!

[quote name='Furashu']did anyone recently order from LizardLick?

I ordered on March 6 and i haven't gotten any email or anything, 23/24 days now![/QUOTE]

Lizardlick Order Update Page - You can see from here what order dates they are currently processing.

I placed an order with them on March 4 but canceled after a week once I heard about the JLF shortage.

Does anyone (meaning Markman) know what kind of gates are in the PS2 Neo Geo sticks? I have a couple downstairs and I'm tempted to bring one up for some old KoF/Last Blade action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back