CAG Beta/Feature Updates: Price Tracker, Collections, Boxart Upload, Reviews Live!

Nice job with the trading feature. I can't wait to see this go live.

The only (potential) issue I see is there is no way to specify if the game is Player's Choice/Greatest Hit/Platinum. Will a separate game need to be created in the database, or is there some way we can specify this when we put up the game for trading?

I honestly hope people actually take the time to add their collections. And set up trades, instead of having to search through a bunch of trade lists threads.

[quote name='ditogi']Under my awards tab I have two Searcher awards. I am guessing we are only supposed to get each award only once... ;)[/QUOTE]
Duplicate award has been removed, but the number of awards is still at 8 on the awards tab, while I only have 7.

A request:
When you type a game name in the search bar, sayResident Evil, a bunch of games show up in the search box. When I select one of those games to open in a new tab instead of the same window, the search box disappears and the search bar goes blank. Would be nice if one could open a bunch of games in different tabs without the search box in the current window disappearing. This is with Firefox 3.0.10 btw.

Games Database problems:
Fight Night Round 3 and LEGO Indiana Jones were never released for Gamecube.
Lots of duplicate entries for the various Resident Evils for Gamecube.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Pricetracker shows inFamous for $36 at GoGamer, and that is not right -- wish it was![/QUOTE]
Didn't see anyone acknowledge this - but I keep getting emails about inFamous at GoGamer for $36.49. When I go to the site it's $52.

[quote name='thejokell']Didn't see anyone acknowledge this - but I keep getting emails about inFamous at GoGamer for $36.49. When I go to the site it's $52.[/QUOTE]
It was addressed here.

Feature request: Having the search bar go to an actual search page and having it display closest matches.

For example, if I want to find users with "Bioshock" in their names, I can't. Furthermore, if I type in "Bioshocked," the user Bioshocked shows up, but Bioshocked360 does not.
Even the old CAG search didn't have issues like that.

Cheapy, I'm sure you're already aware, but the "Add game to database" or "new version" options don't appear to be working at the moment, the new pages aren't loading properly.

Love the changes so far, and I can't wait to get my entire collection entered.

Keep up the great work, everyone involved.

***Update***
Appears to be an issue with IE only, Chrome loads the pages just fine. Are others having this issue with IE? I upgraded to IE8 over the weekend...that must be it.

[quote name='youbastards']***Update***
Appears to be an issue with IE only, Chrome loads the pages just fine. Are others having this issue with IE? I upgraded to IE8 over the weekend...that must be it.[/QUOTE]

Looking into it now, thanks.

It would be nice to have a flag to "own" a game and default it to "yes." That way, you can set it to "no" if you beat a game, but no longer own it.

- When looking at your video game collection, what about being able to show only games by a certain system? Click on the XBox 360 icon to see all the XBox 360 games in your collection? Or maybe a row of game system icons on the left that updates as you add new games to your collection?

- When you sort your collection by platform instead of alphabetically, it would be nice to sort them by platform then alphabetically.
Example:
Microsoft XBox 360 A-Z
Nintendo Gamecube A-Z,
Sony Platstation 2 A-Z

- Is there a way to modify the system list when adding a game to the database? I would like to add some obscure foreign systems to the system list if possible. (Wonderswan, Turboduo, maybe a few others...)

I don't know if this is related to feature updates, but my blog header image "disappeared" and the system will not allow me to upload a new one - it after I hit 'submit' it just dumps me to a blank screen.

Strange, because I've had the same graphic without alteration since CAGblogs began.

Firefox 3.0.10

Amazing. Is there no more beta testers? I look forward to the new trading system, it will be a lot faster than looking scrambling thoroughly. =D

Is the "Email Notification" working for Subscriptions to a Thread in Social Groups? if so is it suppose to happen after any new post or a set day/time?

Cheapy I would like to thank you for the e-mail alerts. Got my first one. Question though, does it only work once, or does it work for multiple retailers.

For example I had Far Cry 2 for $20, but it was at J&R, will it e-mail me again if amazon or a store like Gamestop drops it too? Would be nice to know if I had credit or a discount to someplace.

[quote name='CheapyD']Trading platform sneak peek attached. Coming E3 2009![/QUOTE]

I hate to be "that guy," but...

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I hate to be "that guy," but...[/QUOTE]

Had a few technical problems, I'm working on getting it online now.

Hate to keep drawing attention to an area not high on the list at the moment so I'll just ask would it be better to hold back on the questions, concerns or suggestions regarding the social groups? I've read where its not the highest priority at the moment?

[quote name='Romis']Anyone notice the "Hide Spoiler" is not showing after you click "spoiler" in a post when using Chrome?[/QUOTE]

Yeah i have noticed that as well.

I noticed the game trading is up...two things

1. There is no direct link to the main page, had to click on a user to get a link.

2. It tells me there are 13 games available from other users....but there is no way to find out beyond the 4-5 games listed on the front page what those games are without clicking each game on my wishlist

One more thing.... i filled in an address.....but where will it grab my name from?

keep working hard guys

[quote name='comic0guy']I noticed the game trading is up...two things

1. There is no direct link to the main page, had to click on a user to get a link.

2. It tells me there are 13 games available from other users....but there is no way to find out beyond the 4-5 games listed on the front page what those games are without clicking each game on my wishlist

One more thing.... i filled in an address.....but where will it grab my name from?

keep working hard guys[/QUOTE]

While the core functionality of the trading system is up and running, most of the features that make it really usable are going up in the next 24 hours. Consider it an alpha version until you see trading links appear in the navbar. ;) (Quick search and pagination are being added to the "available games" section, for a start.)

Also, we'll be adding a name field to the addresses section, thanks for the feedback.

Please don't submit DLC to the CAG DB unless it exists on a retail disc. Thanks!
Fallout 3: Broken Steel DLC doesn't really belong

Hey guys, nice job on the database. I've encountered a few duplicates in the system though, Final Fantasy XII CE, Final Fantasy X-2, and a few others I can't remember. Are these going to be fixed?

A great feature I found at another trading website was the ability to match your tradeable games with those of other users. That way, you get a quick glimpse of what you can trade to get what you want. Any chance we'll see that here?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I don't know if this is related to feature updates, but my blog header image "disappeared" and the system will not allow me to upload a new one - it after I hit 'submit' it just dumps me to a blank screen.

Strange, because I've had the same graphic without alteration since CAGblogs began.

Firefox 3.0.10[/QUOTE]

Blog headers are being changed to use a different system, they'll be back with a bunch of other blog changes shortly after I'm done with the trading system.

[quote name='John']Blog headers are being changed to use a different system, they'll be back with a bunch of other blog changes shortly after I'm done with the trading system.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, John! Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a glitch or PEBKAC.

Awesome, finally got into the beta. Can't wait to check it all out!

Hey John! Trading System Looks good and all but it still says my Feedback is at 8 positive when its actually 14. I'm sure its the case for many other users as well, when will it be updated?

[quote name='fazfznz']Hey John! Trading System Looks good and all but it still says my Feedback is at 8 positive when its actually 14. I'm sure its the case for many other users as well, when will it be updated?[/QUOTE]
Feedback totals will be a little off for a week or so.

Hey, so I have the greatest hits version of Forza 2 up for trade/sale, and there's no way for me to differentiate it from the other versions listed. The GH version includes a lot of the DLC, which is definitely something a buyer might want to consider, but there's no way for me to communicate that to anyone casually browsing.

I'd love to get in on the Beta for the trading. I love trading via Goozex (you can see the details in the signature), and would like to see what CAG has in store. Cheapy sent me a code yesterday via Twitter, but obviously some squatter grabbed the code intended for me, as all Twitter replies are publically available.

[quote name='retrovertigo']I'd love to get in on the Beta for the trading. [/QUOTE]

You and everyone else. If Cheapy wants to send you another code he can direct message it to you over twitter. D Your_Twitter_Username_Here will send private messages that the code snatchers can't see.

[quote name='gemini']Hey, so I have the greatest hits version of Forza 2 up for trade/sale, and there's no way for me to differentiate it from the other versions listed. The GH version includes a lot of the DLC, which is definitely something a buyer might want to consider, but there's no way for me to communicate that to anyone casually browsing.[/QUOTE]

Click the pencil icon that allows you to go full edit. Then put it in the notes field.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Click the pencil icon that allows you to go full edit. Then put it in the notes field.[/QUOTE]

Can other people see that? I was under the impression that was private.

Okay, so Notes works reasonably okay, though it would still be nice if there was some indication on the main trading page.

Here is a feature request: Letting CAGs know if one of the older games in their collection has become significantly more valuable on Amazon marketplace/Half/eBay. I know I wish I'd've tossed my MGS Twin Snakes on the market for $60 last summer during the MGS4 hysteria. Perhaps there is some way to tie into http://www.videogamepricecharts.com ?

Hi,

I'm posting a bug here concerning the price tracker.
(I'm using IE7 on Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit, not that I think it matters.)

I have "Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust" on my wish list and on my price watch (at $10).

GoGamer currently has it on sale (at least for the next 5h 45 min) via their Madness Mall pricing at $9.90.

However, the Lowest Price lists Amazon as the current price leader at $19.99. Consequently, I did not receive an email alert to the sale. (FWIW, I have not received any email alerts to date, so there's a remote possibility that that is to blame, but I think the lowest price's state says it all.)

Now, oddly, the price chart strip indicates a price drop on June 11 to $9.90, so I'm wondering why this hasn't translated to GoGamer's being the newer price leader. Clicking on the GoGamer's price under the strip chart, which is shown as $19.90, *does* take me to the correct item, on sale for $9.90. The page says:
Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust for PC

Platform:PC DVDROMPublisher:CodemastersPackaging:Retail BoxAvailability:Ships within 24 hours Item #:6655258348 Hour Madness! ™Special Price $9.90
Regular Price $19.99
(Save 50%)

I'm not complaining here -- I'm just trying to help make the system better.

Thanks!

Just realized the trading is up, is there a way that I can add a game to my collection and make it available to trade at the same time? I have to click on the game to add to my collection, than I have to go look it up in my collection to make it available to trade. Is there a way to do it both at the same time? So far I like the setup and it exceeds expectations. Great new feature to the site!!

Oh, I also looked up Ghostbusters for the PS3 and there are two listings for it at gogamer, one was for $36.xx and the other was the right price. Of course it was at the higher price when I clicked on the lowest link to gogamer, is that a glitch to have it on twice?

Where did the "user cp" button go? It used to be on the front page whenever I'd log in, but now I have to click on the Forums button to get to my cp and subscribed threads. It also used to appear as a drop-down option under my user name, but it's not there anymore.

[quote name='Cleaner7']It's after "price tracker" on the new drop down menu.[/QUOTE]

But that's only for changing your profile picture and stuff. I want to quickly go to my subscribed threads.

Oh, I did find the "subscriptions" option in the forums drop-down, so it's all good.

[quote name='shieryda']But that's only for changing your profile picture and stuff. I want to quickly go to my subscribed threads.

Oh, I did find the "subscriptions" option in the forums drop-down, so it's all good.[/QUOTE]

You can also access it directly by clicking on the gear icon to the right of the price tracker.

I tried to change some of my Blog descriptions and I kept getting this error. I'm using Firefox, latest version. Not sure what the deal is:

Fatal error: Field showblogheaderpic is not defined in $validfields in class vB_DataManager_User in [path]/includes/class_dm.php on line 485

bread's done
Back