CAG Burnout Paradise PS3 Night [6/14 @ 3PM - 9PM EDT ]

[quote name='KingBroly']Every team I was on won during CAG Night.[/QUOTE]
So there is an "I" in team. ;):lol:

Eh, I actually did quite well myself that night from what I remember, I just don't particularly care for Cops N Robbers. I -really- wanna get the rest of my challenges done before the Island is released.

freaking A. My family is calling me to come over for the weekend so it's very likely I won't be back on Sunday. Oh well I got to play with ArJay2k8 today and yesterday

It's ok.
I'm getting closer and closer to that 490. Last I checked I think I was at 422 or so. The closer I am to 490 come Sunday, the better chances of me hosting Cops N Robbers will be. I mainly need 4 and 7 player freeburn challenges, with a few 5 and 6 needed as well. I think I only need 3 times challenges, 2 7 player and 1 6 player.

I'm still stuck around 300 I think. But I haven't played much of Burnout the last couple of months, and I still haven't completed 2 sets of Freeburn Challenges yet :(

Hmm well, I was on around 5ish, and stayed on til like 7:30. I prolly saw about 2 or 3 people from CAG the whole time, and got invited to a room around 6:30 so I went with that. I don't seem to have any luck when it comes to hosting this haha.

It'll be a Big Surf Island Extravaganza! It'll also be murder on my bandwidth. But I don't care, my internet sucks enough already! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ya, ill be there adding to the mayhem. i would have kept playing after that one cops/robbers night, but people were posting here saying they didnt want to play that :\ and ive played enough regular burnout. heh

Wow, you hosting a six hour marathon KingBroly? I haven't played Burnout is a long time but may join in the fun this weekend. :)

[quote name='smiggity']So how do you play the cops and robbers mode? I could not figure it out this morning[/QUOTE]
It's an online only freeburn event that the host of the game has to start. Once the hosts activates it (from the easy drive menu via the directional pad) all those with the Cops and Robbers pack have a little time to change their car (if the host allows it) then a variation of capture the flag begins.

This Sunday's event isn't meant to be a 'you stay for 6 hours' event, but more of a 'you know, if you want to play on Big Surf Island, go here' event. There are only 10 Freeburn Challenges for Big Surf Island (Which are not split amongst the # of players in the room at the time of it starting) so those shouldn't take very long. It's more of an exploration sort of event with other people.

If anyone is up at the crack of dawn when the patch goes live, I'll probably be up to check it out if you want to do some Challenges or something (Not BSI related, of course). I still need help completing 1 2-player timed challenge as well as all of my remaining bike timed challenges (10 spanning from 2-8 players).

I'll be there for Sunday's game, mostly to complete to 10 Big Surf Island challenges. If you can't find anyone to help you with the regular timed challenges, I'll be there too. Freeburn challenges are a blast but trying to attempt them with strangers makes a person want to throw their controller out the window.

I managed to get all but 2 or 3 2-player bike time challenges done by playing with strangers. You'd be surprised how fast you get people if you start up a Bike room. I wish BSI added some Bike Content, but every since it came out, they've just neglected the Bike Content :(

[quote name='KingBroly']I managed to get all but 2 or 3 2-player bike time challenges done by playing with strangers. You'd be surprised how fast you get people if you start up a Bike room. I wish BSI added some Bike Content, but every since it came out, they've just neglected the Bike Content :([/QUOTE]
Well, technically there will be 12 more roads to rule day and night. Not much, but at least it's something lol. They def need to come out with a new bike pack for DLC though.

I want a Bike Park. Kinda like BSI but specifically made for bikes.

EDIT:
1.90 is up. 413mb.

EDIT 2:
Bah, it's only up in Europe right now.

EDIT ....:
WTH!? It's been out for like 3 hours and the PSN version refuses to prompt me for an update.

Last edited by a moderator:
what do you think I'm doing? I saw you go on/off fast and that's when I jumped on it and it was there. 14 minutes...

[quote name='KingBroly']what do you think I'm doing? I saw you go on/off fast and that's when I jumped on it and it was there. 14 minutes...[/QUOTE]
haha nice. It only took me about 5 minutes to download. I have pretty decent speed.
The update is nice, I like the new billboards and such....and I swear that little ferry thing on Webster is new. That bridge is taunting me now, man I hope the US PSN store updates soon.

I just got done downloading it and am about to play it. My internet sucks until about 4pm every day.

EDIT:
- They added an option so you can skip the BPN intro when you start the game up
- You can't use Showtime to get through the Toll Booth

IMO, I think the Billboards are to easily placed. After playing for just a little bit, I just need 6 more & also, the gates are a little bit too easy placed also, I just need around 20 more.

But it would be hard to make them challenging to get since the island is so small.

ya i played about an hour and im almost done :p except for the freeburns. ill be there sunday for that

and gates arent really supposed to be hard to find. theyre all easy in the main game too, the hard part was that there were so many.

I don't see how they could've made them harder to get, though. Same thing with the Smash Gates, although it took me a good 20 minutes to find the last 3 I needed. I've played it about 4 hours and I've got 64% on my License done. So, it's not terribly hard, and the content is definitely worth it.

It's especially worth it if you didn't buy any Toy Car or Legendary Car (Besides the Toy Bike) because you can earn Trophies from those toy versions of the Legendary cars. So basically the Legendary Cars and Toy Cars (Toy Bike being the exception) have no point anymore.

[quote name='KingBroly']

It's especially worth it if you didn't buy any Toy Car or Legendary Car (Besides the Toy Bike) because you can earn Trophies from those toy versions of the Legendary cars. So basically the Legendary Cars and Toy Cars (Toy Bike being the exception) have no point anymore.[/QUOTE]

Are you being serious Broly? :whistle2:o
'Cuz if so, hot damn! I'm getting me them trophies too, hehe! ;)

It just came to my attention that the license plates of the boost special cars are: P-DLC-SHR. Is that mean Please DownLoadable Content SHaRe? Is criterion games wanting you to join a DLC share group & share their content? Why would they want you to do that? They would be lossing money.

I'm guessing they want everyone to have the Island.

And yes, Freaky. That is what someone told me earlier about the Toy Legendary Cars. I don't know if they're true or not since I already have those Trophies.

The 3 Stunt Runs on the Island are kind of getting on my nerves right now because it seems you have to be so damn precise when it comes to stunts or else one centimeter of your car starts turning and you're screwed.

[quote name='KingBroly']

The 3 Stunt Runs on the Island are kind of getting on my nerves right now because it seems you have to be so damn precise when it comes to stunts or else one centimeter of your car starts turning and you're screwed.[/QUOTE]

why dont you just do it the old fashioned way and tap your boost all the way to the quarry? :D
...ya im lame

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm guessing they want everyone to have the Island[/QUOTE]No, I'm talking about the Boost special cars.

And also, when you complete either all the gates, billboards, or mega jumps. You get a car with each of those:

Toy 88 special: Hover mode, long ass boost exhaust trail that is fire! (hover mode goes alot faster, but harder to control.)

Toy Bootlegger: Tough little midget.

Toy Spirit: Ghost busters. Flashing lights. 1 of the better cars at taking sharp turns.

So I went back and I got 100% on the Island (you need to do all 10 Challenges to get 100%). It took about 6 hours to do get everything done. I haven't done the Bike Trials yet, but I'll do that tomorrow afternoon sometime. Will it get me anything? According to sources...nope. So, a good 6-10 hours of content is there depending on your skill level.

Worth the $13? Yup. I just sort of wish there were more than 10 Challenges as it really limits the online play aspects of the Island not including Marked Man (I'm assuming Cops n' Robbers and Road Rage will take you off the Island.

I just started by playing this game, bought he Nighthawk, and the Delorean. Maybe next week if I have some extra money I'll get the big surf island. I do have a question, I never did erase my game save but i'm able to get trophies, (although I have do things over again)... was their a patch that came out that made it so that we don't have to erase our game saves?

[quote name='Thomas96']I just started by playing this game, bought he Nighthawk, and the Delorean. Maybe next week if I have some extra money I'll get the big surf island. I do have a question, I never did erase my game save but i'm able to get trophies, (although I have do things over again)... was their a patch that came out that made it so that we don't have to erase our game saves?[/QUOTE]

I think you misunderstood. You never had to delete your save game, the issue is that you cannot get some of the trophies if you ahve already acheived them prior to the trophy patch. So if your save game had 15 gates smashed prior to your trophy patch, you will get all subseqeunt trophies except the first one for ten gates smashed.

Its not a big deal as you can get all the other trophies and then copy your save file to a flash drive, start a new game, earnt he missing trophies and then load your old save file back on again.

There was also a glitch related to some of the DLC car trophies that required you to mess around with your save file for the trophy to trigger (the 3 boosts on the nighthawk).

I think i had to back-up my save, delete it off my PS3, go in and get the trophy, then restore my save.

Sorry to double post- but I had some thoughts on the island.

It feels too removed from the city. I wish there were more bridges connecting the 2, or some sort of tunnel or something (missed opertunity for a glass inclosed strip of road under water). I only drove around in the buggy, but I got the feeling I wouldn't be having as much fun in the other cars.

[quote name='nbballard']Sorry to double post- but I had some thoughts on the island.

It feels too removed from the city. I wish there were more bridges connecting the 2, or some sort of tunnel or something (missed opertunity for a glass inclosed strip of road under water). I only drove around in the buggy, but I got the feeling I wouldn't be having as much fun in the other cars.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I was blown away at first but the more I play it the less impressed I am. To those who are familiar with the RUSH series may rememeber they had stunt areas set aside in some of the games and thats what this feels like. I think Ill either select the island from the outset and stay there or spend my time on the mainland.

That said, I love a lot of the new huge jump like the CRASH ski jump and the Lighthouse and there is something extremely satisfying about the spiral and the excellent freeburn challenge that goes along with it.

[quote name='nbballard']There was also a glitch related to some of the DLC car trophies that required you to mess around with your save file for the trophy to trigger (the 3 boosts on the nighthawk).

I think i had to back-up my save, delete it off my PS3, go in and get the trophy, then restore my save.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this was true... I just ignored the trophy, thinking the whole deletion process wasn't worth it.

They must have fixed it with the 1.8 patch, though, because I suddenly got the trophy sometime last week.

I'm not sure what the status is on the timed challenge trophy glitch.

Well the Legendary Toy Cars did help me get a couple of the 'Toy Car' trophies. They don't unlock the Legendary Car trophies though; already tried... so I guess I don't need to buy the Toy Car pack anymore to get 100% (trophies) in Burnout (exception is the Toy Bike, as Broly said eariler).

[quote name='freakyzeeky'](exception is the Toy Bike, as Broly said eariler).[/QUOTE]

you and i both know you want that trophy, and youll do what you have to to get it :p

bread's done
Back