CAG Buzz - Minicopter: Adventure Flight (Wii) Giveaway! Multiple Winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The contest is exclusively offered to the CAG community brought to you by CheapyD, GameQuest Direct, and the respected publishers!

How it works:
  1. An upcoming new release title will be featured as a CAG BUZZ topic.
  2. CAGS can view screenshots, special features, and possibly industry rumors!
  3. Three to five questions will be open for comments.
  4. Answer the questions with your gaming insights and be entered to win the game!
  5. One CAG will be selected every week for up to 5 weeks!
Visit this page often to see other CAGBUZZ contests and to check out past winners!

Contest Rules: User must answer the questions to be entered for the contest. How the questions are answered does not reflect chances of winning. Follow up comments are encouraged to open additional discussions within the community, but will not increase chances of winning. Keep the BUZZ going so that more users can have the opportunity to participate and win!

Winner Notification: One user will be selected and contacted through private messaging from GameQuest. User will need to reply to GameQuest with full name, shipping address, and contact number within 2 business days or another winner will be drawn.

Support future CAGBUZZ by preordering your games from GameQuestDirect!
Link: http://www.gamequestdirect.com/853466001087.html

CAG BUZZ: Minicopter: Adventure Flight (Wii)

Based on the popular RC Hobby, MiniCopter combines the customization of real life RC helicopters by engaging players in 42 missions in 7 different environments from a child’s bedroom to hospital location. Utilize your RC copter arsenal to clear obstacles and objectives, while gaining money to upgrade your aircraft. Publisher Aksys Games has made this title available for Nintendo Wii this April for all ages to enjoy.

Customize your RC Helicopter!
Outfit your helicopter with a variety of body kits and parts that can alter the performance of your heli and improve your scores in Mission Mode.

2 Player Split Screen Mode!
Battle against your friend in a Race for the Rings Mode to see who the best helicopter pilot is!

Customizable Controls!
Choose from the Wii Remote™ tilt, pointer controls or play with a Classic Controller!

CAG BUZZ ENTRY QUESTIONS:
  1. Based on the types of Wii titles coming out, would you recommend this title for family purchase?
  2. What would be an incentive for a Wii owner to buy this title?
  3. If you were a RC fanatic can you or would you see yourself buying this title?
Support future CAG BUZZ by preordering from GameQuestDirect
http://www.gamequestdirect.com/893610001099.html

1. I would reccomend it for hobbyist types of family who are into RC copters and cars type of stuff.
2. Wifi or new downloadble skins
3. Probably since it's a rarity for an RC game to be made.

CAG BUZZ ENTRY QUESTIONS:
  1. Based on the types of Wii titles coming out, would you recommend this title for family purchase?
    I would not likely reccomend this title as it seems like a cheap cash-in like a lot of the other games that come out on the wii
    It's possibly good for kids if the controls aren't broken.
  3. If you were a RC fanatic can you or would you see yourself buying this title?
    I doubt it. I think I would likely see it as more of an insult to the hobby

1. I would not recommend this game as a family title. Maybe as a family and son game, but for the casual gamer family. I don't think everyone would enjoy this.

2. It would be fun for really little kids.

3. Matters how big of a fanatic. If I was entirely in love with RC then yes, but anything lower then that probably not. Maybe if it is dirt cheap I would though.

Unfortunately, I cannot unless I tested it out before. With big titles such as Okami and Mario Kart Wii, this would be overlooked.

An RC fanatic, a good MSRP, extremely nice ratings

3.If you were a RC fanatic can you or would you see yourself buying this title?
Yea, why not? This is a rare style of gaming for sure. So why give up the chance?

1. I don't really think this is a "family" game.
2. An incentive would be some realistic physics, but then you'd probably just crash all the time. Flying RC helicopters ain't no joke son.
3. Again, if it realistically models RC helocopters yes, but if its just a crappy "arcade" title, no way.

No I wouldn't, there are much better family friendly games coming out.

Online multiplayer. Good Co-Op Modes. Not sucking.

Absolutely.

Not really.. I'd have to say that this doesn't look accessible to the average parental gamer. Great family games (as few as they are) need to at least address the interests of the casual users; thus, a broader gaming experience would be required. The average 30-40 something year old end user not familiar with gaming may get a little bored with it. I think Wii Sports is one of those rare all-encompassing family titles that can engage a myriad of audience demographics
Toy Commander for the Dreamcast was honestly incredible.. very engaging gameplay that left the user coming back for more. If that were mirrored here, I'd be interested in it. However, the Wii library has already been saturated with the "token puzzle/action game" theme.. so this one would have to stand out above the mediocrity of the competition. If it had a fun puzzle aspect that was easy to pick up and play, I'd find incentive in that. Also, I would find incentive in getting it for free ;)

The system's library is so saturated with crap games, it would take alot of marketing and a unique entertainment value to warrant purchase by a customer at full MSRP.
Honestly I wouldn't. Part of the hobby of RC aircraft is building them and then controlling them in the air. Creation is half the fun of it.. and I think that although the Wii is a great piece of hardware, it graphically isn't capable of creating the visual and audio realism that's part of that fun. The RC hobby is dying though (and has seen some revitilization in the easy-to-use Air Hogs copters, but not that much)... I'd say this would be more of a fun puzzle Toy Commander-esque model for all, instead of closing a target market of RC fanatics that already a very niche group.

Thanks for the contests!!!

Honestly, I wouldn't. Considering Brawl is out and Mario Kart will be out later this month, i'm 100% sure those games would keep a family more entertained than this one would.

Cheap MSRP and Wifi play.

If I was an RC fanatic and owned a Wii, probably. But only being the latter I can't really say. Nobody would buy a Wii just for this game.

1. Yes, all ages could enjoy the game, but specifically more a father/son game
2. Practice RC flying (depending on controls), multiplayer
3. Perhaps if I was, yes

1. I would recommend Super Smash Bros Brawl. Also, the wii is getting some good puzzle games like Octomania. Minicopter: Adventure Flight might also be a good fit for a family title game.

2. Well it is different from most games since it makes me think of flight simulators.

3. I would definitely buy this game for my kids if I had any.

No, it doesnt look that family friendly.

They'd have to be hardcore into RC or flight sims. The budget price is nice though.

Probably not.

1. Maybe not so much for family, but possibly casual gamer/couples, or just with friends. Basically, anyone with 1 or more players, but less than 4.
2. Multiplayer that stays fun, or good controls.
3. I don't think being an RC fan has as much to do with wanting this game, as being a fan of flying sim type games in general.

1. I'd have to see some reviews before I recommended it to anyone, as it looks a little questionable right now.
  2. Cool RC controller, cheap price
  3. I'm thinking RC Copter games are few and far between, so I'd probably jump on it.

1. I'd definitely recommend it as a good family title since it's slightly different from the typical Wii molding of Mini-Game-Collection-Equals-Profit.

2. A budget price would do wonders for this game. Parents (or RC types) see this on the cheap rack and it might set it apart from all the big names.

3. Since that's what it is, and if I was a "fanatic," sure. I don't see why not.

1. It depends on the game, if there is a bunch of FUN mini games and gets muti people involved, and the controls where half way decent maybe. But there is other games that would be better for family gamers.
  2. Cheap, Cheap and cheaper. Something like this is something you grab because its cheap and you tell your self why not!
  3. If I was I might, but since I had the real thing, id probably just play with that instead.

(1) No -- there are many other family-friendly Wii titles that, based on the first impression of this game, seem like a much better value.
(2) A Wii owner might purchase this game if it has exceptional motion controls, co-op play, or worthwhile online play.
(3) If I were an RC fanatic, I'd probably play with my RC models before I would play this game.

1. I would recomend it for anyone really into helicopters in general, as long as the game is fun.
2. The controls could be great for use with the wii if done properly.
3. Id grab it if it was for the right price. :)

1. Based on the types of Wii titles coming out, would you recommend this title for family purchase? yes i would if it a bargain game. no violnce and this could be a stepping stone to a father and son spending quality time outside with real rc copters, instead on on the couch
  2. What would be an incentive for a Wii owner to buy this title? if the controls are smooth and easy and not very complexed. if a 6 year old can control it then the controls will work for all
  3. If you were a RC fanatic can you or would you see yourself buying this title? sure becuase there are not many rc games out there plus i look at this as a micro machines type of game which is a good thing

1.Of course, if it offers family enjoyment and is fun for everyone!
2. If the controls and mulitplayer works fine then yeah.
3. Yes I can, just like any fanatic of anything they are willing to purchase stuff from what they are fanatic about.

1. I will recommend this title to a family with young children (7-9) due to the possible difficulty of the controls.
2. The only incentive to buy a title like this would be the simulation of flying a helicopter or an RC helicopter since this is the case.
3. I probably would not buy a title like this, unless the price is low and providing the multiplayer mode is entertaining.

1. I would recommend this title for family purchase. It's always good to try new types of games.

2. If you like helicopters in general, you should buy this game.

3. Maybe. There are not alot of these type of games being released. It also depends on the gameplay and controls.

1. Yes, A family or a younger person.
2. This game would be a good way to build interest and get started in the hobby.
3. I've had lots of different RC's even the more expensive types ($100+) and I know peple who are into the sport competitively, so yes I'd give it a try.

1 yes
2 rc chopper figures that do something that come with it, kinda like the elebits plushies except maybe they move or something
3 yea it looks fun

1. I could see this game being welcomed into a family who wants to play simple games. However, there are plenty of other games like Wii Fit, Wii Play, and even Mario Kart that will be better suited to the Family. This game looks more like it is meant for single player, even though it does have multiplayer mode.

2. Motion controls is why many people own a Wii. Plus it's budget price will look very attractive compared to some other more expensive games. The concept is pretty simple and straightforward, not a complicated RPG or Adventure, more of a pick up and play game.

3. I probably would if I was a fanatic. I have been interested in this game from when it was revealed, but I don't have all the money in the world to buy every game I want.

~Scott

1. I would definitely recommend this as a family purchase as it seems easy to get it and have fun with no matter the age.
2. The Wii provides intuitive controls that would seem to provide great gameplay.
3. No doubt about it as there are few if any similar games out there like this.

1. Maybe if all members of the family were into this sort of hobby

2. Online leaderboards , downloadble content , etc.

3.Maybe if i was a big fanatic of the hobby

1. No, I don't think my family would be interested in this game nor would any other familes i know..
  2. Low price, controls that work good, not some shoddy thrown together game.
  3. If i was a fantatic perhaps, more than likely would spend the money on my hobby rather than a game of it.

1. I would have to try it out, but it sounds like a good family game. No negative aspects. Although actually interacting with your family with real minicopters might be a fun idea, too.
  2. Full motion controls sound fascinating. Is this the first flying game to feature motion controls? I think it could pave the way for future sims.
  3. If I was an RC fanatic, I don't know if the video game could top the real thing. But I'm not, so this might be a quick way to get into the hobby or at least kill some time.

- Well Id have to play it first and see how well it plays. By the looks of it though it just seems mediocre.

- If the game was cheap, and played well.

- If I was a fan, yes. I don't recall seeing any other game like this recently, so there isnt much of an option.

1.) I would, but only if the household has at least one person willing to put in the effort to actually get through the game, or otherwise patience. (Talking about the customization)
2.) If you've played any kind of game that allowed you to customize features in your gameplay/experience, you'll be right at home here. Use the Wii's unique gameplaly capabilities in a game that is rarely seen (RC).Tight controls is an absolute must. It'd have to be proportional to what parts you put on your chopper of course, but controls must be consistent. Also, the difficulty of the game must be passable, but still challenging. I don't want to go through 4 levels to get hit with a challenge that is virtually impossible. A well gauged game difficulty would be greatly appreciated.
3.) If I were into RC vehicles/devices, there would be a strong chance that I'd buy this game. From my experience, I played guitar hero for 2 months before I got my first guitar. I've been playing for just over a year now and I'm lovin it. I guess my message is that some games can have strong relations with real life and vice versa.

No. With the wealth of family oriented games, recommending this game would be hard to do in the event the purchase budget is only enough for one game... especially since this is more of a specialized interest which will not always appeal to kids.

Online and co-op modes are always a bonus. A cheaper price and better controls would probably provide the best incentive, though.

3.If you were a RC fanatic can you or would you see yourself buying this title?
Personally, I do enjoy a good RC game... but I would buy this as a Wii-ware title or once it goes cheaper in price. I can't see paying full MSRP. I would love to see this added to a much larger title that included RC cars, RC planes and RC boats; however, then it would no longer be minicopter and be mini RC. The problem with limiting it to helicopters is that it wont appeal to consumers in a more broad manner.

1. Based on the types of Wii titles coming out, would you recommend this title for family purchase? I wouldn't recommend it based on what I see, but I think it could easily recommend itself to the same set of non-gaming families that buy things like the Kids(z?) Sports (z?) series.
  2. What would be an incentive for a Wii owner to buy this title? An entertaining world to interact with and multiple (or at least one really satisying) control schemes. Tilting the control could be fun, but I think even more exciting would be the option to hold the Wiimote vertically and use it as a joystick.
  3. If you were a RC fanatic can you or would you see yourself buying this title? I think so. It doesn't seem like there are that many games out therer for RC fantatics.

1) Definitely. This is a family-oriented title and seems easy enough for anyone to get into.2) The different types of controls and the multiplayer are big incentives. 3) Without a doubt. Being able to customize your own RC is what every RC fan loves doing best!

1. Probably not it doesn't look that good
2. interest in the subject matter
3. I am an RC fan. Not at that fanatic level yet and that's why I'm interested in this game.

1. Would recommend it it would be a great family game. It's kinda like those mini RC copters without breaking stuff in the house.
2. Downloadable skins and new maps.
3. I would really like to buy it. I and my son are big rc fans.(of course I tell my wife it's for my son.)

1. Probably, looks like it could be a good family game.
2. A solid muliplayer experience that never gets boring.
3. Yes, as long as the game got mediocre reviews.

1. Yes
2. They miss playing Pilotwings games?
3. If I was an RC fanatic... now thats a tough proposition in and of itself.... and no, I would prob be outside nerding it up with my glider.

1. At this point yes and no. Yes if they needed a game at this moment, no if they could wait a couple week for the deluge of great games coming out for the Wii. (Mario Kart, Boom Blox, Wii-fit etc...)

2. How well the motion controls work. Honestly, if a game has good motion controls it is an excellent selling point in my mind. There are too many games that avoid the main draw of the Wii.

3. I think by definition a fanatic would buy anything related to the hobby. So probably yes, but on the other hand I have not seen much in the way of advertisements towards that audience. Would they even know about this game?

1. Maybe. It looks safe enough. No violence, no blood. Why not?
  2. Lower price than other new titles coming out. Free extras, etc.
  3. If I were a fanatic, I'd probably play with the real thing.

1. I wouldn't yet know, as I haven't played it; however I've heard that it's fairly fun.
  2. Waggle in the form of waving your arms around your head to make the helicopter go. It would be goofy.
  3. Probably, yes. As it is though, I'm unlikely to get the game.

1- For a family, probably yes especialy if a young boy was in the group.

2-I would say to get it for the muli-player options.

3-Yes, if you are a fan you should buy the game.

1. For anyone who's interested in machines, I recommend buying this game.
  2. I would buy it if it had unique gameplay and something that gamers have not seen before.
  3. If I was and the game was good, I would definitely pick this one up.

1. I would not recommend this for a family game, it seems more like a kid game.

2. I think that a little kid would love to play this game and would ask his mom to buy it.

3. It really depends on how big of a fan and the price to it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back