CAG Call of Duty 4 Night [Wednesday, 8pm EST]

[quote name='torifile']Can we move the official CoD4 night to like Tues or Wed? I like to spend the weekend nights with my family or out with friends. What do you guys think?[/quote]

I'm usually on like every night, and I'm sure other CAGs are too. There will always be games going ;)

[quote name='M1garand']most of us are on everyday give me a friend invite (M1garand) and we'll play some games[/quote]

I tried a few days ago but I think it said your list was full. Last I checked you were on my list but I was waiting for the accept.

[quote name='Jest']I tried a few days ago but I think it said your list was full. Last I checked you were on my list but I was waiting for the accept.[/QUOTE]

Really? weird ive got a crap load of friends but i dont think its full i guess ill thin it out and send you an invite alittle bit later

All right, I still haven't opened my copy, but plan to take over this thread soon.

Although I know people play CoD4 daily (some), but I understand the nights haven't been completely organized or anything. What I decided is there will be CAG Official CoD4 nights twice a week, with the other days just being 100% optional. I'm thinking one weekday (I'll have everyone vote on a night, I'm thinking Monday - Thursday), and one weekend night (usually it will be Saturday, but sometimes Friday). That's personally what I feel is the best thing to do, and I'm going to fix up the clans.

Oh crap, terrible news.

I finally opened my copy of CoD4 and tried and was asked to download the Update 1.1. Every time I try to download the update, my PS3 beeps and resets back to the XMB (nothing is downloaded). I was wondering if there was something wrong with the game, so I unplugged my ethernet cable and tried playing it. I had no problems. I tried three times. First time was just normal. Second time I got a please wait (heard a little sound), then reset me. The third time, I disabled the firewall and other crap on my router and still no luck.

I know for sure my PS3 can download patches because I have for many other games without issues.

Damn it, I'm fucking pissed right now. I was woried this game would brick my PS3 like it has to others, but thankfully my games still work.

Btw, single player works.

EDIT: I also deleted a demo and tried clearing some space, but still issues (I have a 20GB PS3 btw). How big is the patch also?

So I just oopened my copy and tossed it in. The update is pretty small since it basically updated while I was typing this post.

Now checking the game data info I haven't done anything more than starting the game up and applying the updates and the game data is only 11 megs.

[quote name='Jest']I tried a few days ago but I think it said your list was full. Last I checked you were on my list but I was waiting for the accept.[/quote]

you can add me. psn is amicusu

i have m1garand and a bunch of the regulars on my list.

[quote name='M1garand']most of us are on every night send me a friend invite (M1garand) and we'll play some games

EDIT: sorry for double post[/QUOTE]

watch out for this guy. he's too damn good. :)

[quote name='josh_animebum']So I just oopened my copy and tossed it in. The update is pretty small since it basically updated while I was typing this post.

Now checking the game data info I haven't done anything more than starting the game up and applying the updates and the game data is only 11 megs.[/QUOTE]I got the patch download and I'm okay now. I had to restart my PS3 three times to get it to work.

God damn it! Every fucking time I try to play with you guys I get the stupid problem where the game just hangs on "Downloading Game Settings...". I even tried deleting the game data and re-updating.

I apologize, I wasn't aware of the invite I received later on took me to a different game. I'm still learning the game, sorry about that. I definitely want to play with you guys more and improve my rank. I'll try to play more to get a serious rank, since I do take FPS a bit more seriously than most genres (which may explain why I may swear more and take more risks).

Mana - not sure where you are going with the clan wars, etc, but I am definately interested in playing. I have played quite a bit with a lot of the guys on here, but it would be awesome to play some private matches with just CAG folks. Let us know when and I will make it as often as I can.

All right, I'm now the OP of this thread and it's under construction. I change things around a little like decide when our games will be.

I may also redo clans just a little.

Do not worry, I saved all clan member info and I'm going to redo the OP for clan members AND CoD4 nights.

EDIT: I'm going to take a look at nights, but here's how I'm going to probably do it.

One week:
Tuesday @ 9:30pm EST
Friday @ 9:30pm EST

Second week:
Wednesday @ 9:30pm EST
Saturday @ 9:30pm EST

I play COD4 almost nightly, so I'm definitely up for joining a clan and/or playing with a bunch of you guys. I need to become your friend Mana Knight, now that I actually play my PS3.

[quote name='prmononoke']I play COD4 almost nightly, so I'm definitely up for joining a clan and/or playing with a bunch of you guys. I need to become your friend Mana Knight, now that I actually play my PS3.[/QUOTE]
A spot was actually open earlier today, but now it was taken. I'll see what I can do and I'll let you know.

Anyway, in my previous post, I outlined how I may handle CoD4 nights. Basically, every two weeks the schedule repeats.

I decided to do 2/23 @ 9:30pm EST for the next Official CAG game. I need a few days to get use to the online and figure out how I'll bring the game together.

I'll start the party.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I decided to do 2/23 @ 9:30pm EST for the next Official CAG game. I need a few days to get use to the online and figure out how I'll bring the game together.

I'll start the party.[/quote]

Hey, what's the clan tag for the CAG clan? Chances are it's just CAG. Regardless, it would be good to know. Is it open to anyone on CAG?

[quote name='prmononoke']Hey, what's the clan tag for the CAG clan? Chances are it's just CAG. Regardless, it would be good to know. Is it open to anyone on CAG?[/quote]

It is CAG. For now at least. It's kinda just a token thing though, because once you're in a party it doesn't matter what your clan tag is, you all go into games together.

Mana - is there anything we need to do to be part of the Saturday night party? I'm not listed in the beginning posts of the clan stuff on this page, but I play pretty regularly as most people here can attest. :)

Please keep us updated on how we need to make this work, I'll try to add you as a friend tonight. THanks.

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']Mana - is there anything we need to do to be part of the Saturday night party? I'm not listed in the beginning posts of the clan stuff on this page, but I play pretty regularly as most people here can attest. :)

Please keep us updated on how we need to make this work, I'll try to add you as a friend tonight. THanks.[/QUOTE]No one is, since I just took over this thread recently. Just have your clan tag say "CAG" at least. I'm still figuring out how I will handle our games. I'm thinking of creating a private match this weekend.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']No one is, since I just took over this thread recently. Just have your clan tag say "CAG" at least. I'm still figuring out how I will handle our games. I'm thinking of creating a private match this weekend.[/quote]

A private game wouldn't be ranked, but on the plus side would allow for full customization along with being able to change sides etc.

EDIT: And thinking ahead, a private game would also allow for say clan on clan.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']A private game wouldn't be ranked, but on the plus side would allow for full customization along with being able to change sides etc.

EDIT: And thinking ahead, a private game would also allow for say clan on clan.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I know. Although I like ranking up in CoD4, I think that would be a good way for all of us to get together. I think most people here play ranked games almost on a daily basis anyway (I do), so it should be all right.

My clan tag is CAG. I was thinking in my head of private games as well. I would like to rank up as much as anyone (i would like to go through all the prestige modes, wondering if I have the attention span for that after my third trip though) but the private games would let us have all CAG fragfests, which is what I think would be the most fun.

On a side note, I think I'm going to pick up warhawk finally this week, I may see you on there as well. :)

Ghost_face_36 - I suck at TDM. :) Hit me up next time you want to play some domination. I don't get TDM. Running around without any objectives strikes me as sorta pointless. :\

[quote name='torifile']Ghost_face_36 - I suck at TDM. :) Hit me up next time you want to play some domination. I don't get TDM. Running around without any objectives strikes me as sorta pointless. :\[/QUOTE]

The objective is to get more kills than the other team, Duh!;) Next time we play I'll play some domination matches. I like to play mainly TDM.

[quote name='torifile']Ghost_face_36 - I suck at TDM. :) Hit me up next time you want to play some domination. I don't get TDM. Running around without any objectives strikes me as sorta pointless. :\[/quote]

Heh, I actually prefer team death match to anything else. I actually see objectives as kind of pointless.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I'm better at the modes where you have goals instead of plain old killing. I like team play more then anything really.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I'm not a twitch shooter so having an objective besides killing works well for me.

To let everyone know, what I plan to do is I'll invite those on my list, while I'll leave it up to everyone else to get the rest of the people in the game, is what I'm thinking. I may try to clear more room on my buddy list to add 1-2 CoD4 people, so I can expand who can play.

Tomorrow morning (if I do not forget), I'll be sending out several reminders to people about this.

I'm only on level 12, but I'd like everyone to tell me what types of games they like best. Also, not this week, but the weeks after this, I will put CoD4 at either 9pm or 10pm EST.

All right, I sent out some reminders and I may add 1-2 CoD4 players to my buddy list, in order to expand the number of people who can play CoD4 online with us. A question I do have is who here has several CAG CoD4 people on their buddy list?? I just need to check because they may need to invite some to the game.

Same here.

About the game types. I think you should do one of each. Everyone here has different game preferences so it'd be good to just do them all. I know some here just like domination, some team death match, myself I like sabotage (hardcore mode). Just a suggestion.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Same here.

About the game types. I think you should do one of each. Everyone here has different game preferences so it'd be good to just do them all. I know some here just like domination, some team death match, myself I like sabotage (hardcore mode). Just a suggestion.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this also we all tend to favor different games.

To let everyone know, the game is still on, but it will be far from perfect since this will be the very first time I hosted a private match. To let everyone know, I expect there might be some invite problems here and there.

I'm in a horrid mood unfortunately.

Ughhhh :bomb:

Mana, I received the invite when we all got separated. I accepted, but the game wouldn't let me join you guys. :headache:

Maybe next time things would run a bit smooother, like chocolate milkshake... Mmm, milkshake. :drool:

Sorry everyone, I'll explain everything in better detail.

Well, many people I told about CoD4 night didn't show up, so that kind of led to very few invites sent out. My plan was to hold private matches, but due to not many coming, I switched to party. The party thing worked out really well, but eventually when I tried joining a game with everyone in the party, the game listed NO one in the party. So I backed out, and not a single person was in the party. Some I re-sent out invites to worked, while others did not. And there were times I tried to back the party out, but everyone was still in (or does everyone have to back out together?). So I was having a rough time getting games together.

Do not worry, I will not give up, because I'm getting the hang of this, plan to add more to PSN (to hopefully increase the audience who can play with us).

Let me just say I had a really crappy day (not just with CoD4, overall) that I'd definitely kill (or severely hurt myself) after how my day went.
[quote name='freakyzeeky']Ughhhh :bomb:

Mana, I received the invite when we all got separated. I accepted, but the game wouldn't let me join you guys. :headache:

Maybe next time things would run a bit smooother, like chocolate milkshake... Mmm, milkshake. :drool:[/QUOTE]I understand, because the same happens to me a lot.

srry for not being on tonight i was playing the pc version, man i love being able to choose the map and the ability to see all games. stupid keyboard controls make me suck though im gunna stick with the ps3. might download the map maker tho and give making a map a shot

m1garand. both pc and ps3! thats dedication...

i couldn't come on either, i had guest over. and i won't make next week's game either i'm moving next weekend. but i'll be on throughout the week. only thing thats not packed.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']So I was having a rough time getting games together.[/quote]

If you're going into ranked matchs this happens a lot! Your best bet is to do private matches as then you reduce this problem by a lot!

Plus looks like the regulars all have good excuses. Other than js1 who was playing warhawk????

[quote name='amicus']m1garand. both pc and ps3! thats dedication...

i couldn't come on either, i had guest over. and i won't make next week's game either i'm moving next weekend. but i'll be on throughout the week. only thing thats not packed.[/QUOTE]

screw that. Amicus, come join my server on Feathermoon. :)

bread's done
Back