CAG Car Thread!

Goddamn, that sucks dude. Glad the wife is ok.

How's it drive? Looks like there might be some suspension damage. Are you hoping for a total?

looks like a total to me. Glad she's safe.

perhaps you can convince her that she should get this now ;)?

zqzamrnl8tdmvwey60lf.jpg

Had my car dyno'ed a few weeks ago. Was a learning experience.

I have learned a dyno may be a dyno, but the operator is the wildcard, it hit 5400rpm every pull, but then the dyno graph went crazy, but it still have over 1000 RPM to go before redline.

The operator told me a its was a timing or fuel issue. I put the graph up on several classic sites and a lot of people suspected operator error, and one site directed me to a particular guy who had a "ton of dyno experience".

He looked at my graph and said it looked like wheelspin, Then throttle down. so basically it was trying to run off the dyno. The big thing is the operator never once mentioned he was having issues.

Sad thing is the closest shop with experience dealing with cars with power like mine is over an hour and a half away.

So, basically, it was a waste

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered a new car last week. 2015 Corvette Z51, Shark Gray Metallic exterior, black interior. Had to order it through a dealer out of state since the dealers here in South Florida are still asking MSRP+ for Corvettes. The dealer I put my deposit with accepted the GM credit union discount, which is the same as supplier pricing (i.e. right about invoice price). Should take about 6-8 weeks to build and have shipped directly from the plant in Bowling Green to a local dealer which is doing a courtesy delivery. This is my first ever brand new car purchase and I'm stoked. Especially since my current car is pushing 13 years old at this point.

I just ordered a new car last week. 2015 Corvette Z51, Shark Gray Metallic exterior, black interior. Had to order it through a dealer out of state since the dealers here in South Florida are still asking MSRP+ for Corvettes. The dealer I put my deposit with accepted the GM credit union discount, which is the same as supplier pricing (i.e. right about invoice price). Should take about 6-8 weeks to build and have shipped directly from the plant in Bowling Green to a local dealer which is doing a courtesy delivery. This is my first ever brand new car purchase and I'm stoked. Especially since my current car is pushing 13 years old at this point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InGtiEXQyF0

The car was totaled. Will be looking for another Subaru very soon.
Great news. But instead, get 2 Subaru's: a BRZ and WRX. Then you'll be ballin like gofishn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InGtiEXQyF0

Great news. But instead, get 2 Subaru's: a BRZ and WRX. Then you'll be ballin like jms493.
LOL, that video brings me back to high school. I guess I'll be "ballin'" as much as a skinny white guy can be.

I really had to get something new, I currently have a 2003 350Z and while there's nothing mechanically wrong with it, it's just getting worn out and a lot of little things have broken at this point. The passenger's side window is stuck up, the paint on the plastic parts above the windows is faded out, the leather is starting to look worn, water leaks in through the windows when it rains (which is pretty much every day here), somebody keyed the driver's side door for no reason, etc. Otherwise, the Z has been, by far, the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned and I've driven it hard, including several track days at Sebring which is absolutely brutal on cars. Anyway, I'm getting married next August so I figured this is pretty much my last chance to have another sick sports car so why not go all out.

LOL, that video brings me back to high school. I guess I'll be "ballin'" as much as a skinny white guy can be.

I really had to get something new, I currently have a 2003 350Z and while there's nothing mechanically wrong with it, it's just getting worn out and a lot of little things have broken at this point. The passenger's side window is stuck up, the paint on the plastic parts above the windows is faded out, the leather is starting to look worn, water leaks in through the windows when it rains (which is pretty much every day here), somebody keyed the driver's side door for no reason, etc. Otherwise, the Z has been, by far, the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned and I've driven it hard, including several track days at Sebring which is absolutely brutal on cars. Anyway, I'm getting married next August so I figured this is pretty much my last chance to have another sick sports car so why not go all out.
Haha...I meant to say jms493 would be ballin like you. But don't be like me and buy a sports car only to get your partner pregnant 4 months later. That Corvette is probably less baby friendly than my BRZ lulz.

But yeah, congrats on a beautiful car and the engagement!

I actually used to hate that song when it came out, but I've grown to love it in my old age. :D

2015 Vette was the top of my list but my wife kept insisting on a back seat since we have kids :lol:

Here is a video of my last dyno pull. Didn't hit record in time but got most of it.

1967 Firebird 541 V8 Dyno Pull: http://youtu.be/Xt_-wAXVcDM

Man, from a Z to a Corvette. You sir, have lived the high life. :)

A picture of my cute/manly car with the top down.  I was thinking of tinting the windows and maybe getting some aftermarket wheels.

[attachment=8077:IMG_20140709_081357.jpg]

A picture of my cute/manly car with the top down. I was thinking of tinting the windows and maybe getting some aftermarket wheels.

attachicon.gif
IMG_20140709_081357.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9P8FzF6d5s

Tint will come in handy on hot sunny days. I say go for it if you got the loot. And on the rare occasion that it needs to be the baby hauler, you won't be burning out the baby's retinas.

2015 Vette was the top of my list but my wife kept insisting on a back seat since we have kids :lol:

Here is a video of my last dyno pull. Didn't hit record in time but got most of it.

1967 Firebird 541 V8 Dyno Pull: http://youtu.be/Xt_-wAXVcDM
Good lord, that's awesome.

So this is the way it looks on the Chevy website with all the options I got.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24878]
I talked to the dealer today and the order is now in GM's system, so I should know if GM picks up the allocation by next Tuesday. I'm thinking I should have the car sometime in early November. Unfortunately once I get the Corvette, it's going to have to live outside in the driveway since I only have a one car garage, and this guy has that spot locked down :)

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24872]

Noob question.  Is it impossible for a recent college grad with no credit history to get a car loan?  I am currently looking for a job and will need to buy a car as soon as I find one.  I have some funds in the savings that I could use for a down payment, but would still need about $12-13k in a loan for the car I'm interested in.

Noob question. Is it impossible for a recent college grad with no credit history to get a car loan? I am currently looking for a job and will need to buy a car as soon as I find one. I have some funds in the savings that I could use for a down payment, but would still need about $12-13k in a loan for the car I'm interested in.
It's not necessarily impossible. It will be highly dependent on your credit score. Sign up for Credit Karma or Mint and get a free credit score to see what you're dealing with. Car loans aren't that difficult to get and you can usually get really good interest rates since they're a secured loan, and it's very easy for a lender to re-take their security interest (i.e. repo the car). I would highly suggest a credit union as a lender. I'm going to try and use Alliant Credit Union and get a loan from them at 1.74%. I know PenFed is also very good but they're rates are around 2.24% depending on the term of the loan and your credit.

It's not necessarily impossible. It will be highly dependent on your credit score. Sign up for Credit Karma or Mint and get a free credit score to see what you're dealing with. Car loans aren't that difficult to get and you can usually get really good interest rates since they're a secured loan, and it's very easy for a lender to re-take their security interest (i.e. repo the car). I would highly suggest a credit union as a lender. I'm going to try and use Alliant Credit Union and get a loan from them at 1.74%. I know PenFed is also very good but they're rates are around 2.24% depending on the term of the loan and your credit.
The thing is, I don't have any credit history at all. Would I even have a credit score?

The thing is, I don't have any credit history at all. Would I even have a credit score?
I'd assume so. You'll definitely need to start building a credit history though either way. Like I said, try signing up for Mint or CreditKarma and see what it tells you your credit score is (it's free).

....have to live outside in the driveway since I only have a one car garage, and this guy has that spot locked down :)
65? Looks great!

My dad had a gorgeous 67 when I was in 5th grade. A lawyer who restored cars to relax had owned it before, and he had done a fantastic job.

Thanks, I wish I could have gotten a full dyno. Operator couldn't keep it controlled over 5,400 RPM, so my dyno never was completed.

These built Pontiac V8s like mine make peak power over 6,000, found some engine dynos of ones similar to mine and they made their peaks 6100-6500. Since it made probably 600-640 flywheel @5400,( which was 480 RWHP), figure at the rate it was climbing, if peak was 6100, it should easily be over 700 at the engine.

And even more now, since I just removed 10 degrees of retard, finished a tune up, and it's running better.

I talked to a pro cam grinder who swears he can get me and additional 100RWHP.

Noob question. Is it impossible for a recent college grad with no credit history to get a car loan? I am currently looking for a job and will need to buy a car as soon as I find one. I have some funds in the savings that I could use for a down payment, but would still need about $12-13k in a loan for the car I'm interested in.
Well since I do auto loans for a Credit Union I can give you the best answer. With no credit history your score will default to a non credit score. For instance ours defaults to a 640 if you have no score. My recommendation to really find out what you can do without getting ripped off is go to a local credit union and get a pre-approval. That way they can explain to you what you can do and what you can qualify, if you don't qualify for the vehicle you want then they may ask for a cosigner or more money down. However Money down is huge in the approval process. As far as rate I can tell you what is a good rate once you find out your score. Just be careful where you go to get the loan.

Big banks will tell you your rate is 6% even though really they bumped your rate for the heck of it and you actually qualified for 4%. overall it will comedown to what your default score is, your income, your debt, and how much you are looking for. For a first time car, most people should get a car around $12,000 total, unless your income warrants a lot more. Until you find that job, you really can't say i want this car or this because you really have no idea.

65? Looks great!

My dad had a gorgeous 67 when I was in 5th grade. A lawyer who restored cars to relax had owned it before, and he had done a fantastic job.

Thanks, I wish I could have gotten a full dyno. Operator couldn't keep it controlled over 5,400 RPM, so my dyno never was completed.

These built Pontiac V8s like mine make peak power over 6,000, found some engine dynos of ones similar to mine and they made their peaks 6100-6500. Since it made probably 600-640 flywheel @5400,( which was 480 RWHP), figure at the rate it was climbing, if peak was 6100, it should easily be over 700 at the engine.

And even more now, since I just removed 10 degrees of retard, finished a tune up, and it's running better.

I talked to a pro cam grinder who swears he can get me and additional 100RWHP.
Yeah it's a 65. Paint is near flawless and the interior is excellent too. It's pretty much all show and no go though. It's only 289, so it's still slow despite the full exhaust, Edelbrock 1406 carb, Shelby intake manifold, GT40 valves, and a couple other things. It sure sounds good though. Right now it's got drum brakes all around, but I've got a set of huge SSBC disc brakes for the front and a new master cylinder, but just haven't had the time to put them on yet. The calipers are powder coated red so it should look pretty cool with the red interior.

I've always loved those early Firebirds and Camaros. I actually wanted a first gen Camaro initially, but the deal I got on the Mustang was too good to pass up. I've also got a 1970 Datsun 240Z, but it's one of those never ending projects and it's not nearly in as good of shape as the Mustang.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24873]

^A simple macro is not good enough for you, good sir:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

Yeah it's a 65. Paint is near flawless and the interior is excellent too. It's pretty much all show and no go though. It's only 289, so it's still slow despite the full exhaust, Edelbrock 1406 carb, Shelby intake manifold, GT40 valves, and a couple other things. It sure sounds good though. Right now it's got drum brakes all around, but I've got a set of huge SSBC disc brakes for the front and a new master cylinder, but just haven't had the time to put them on yet. The calipers are powder coated red so it should look pretty cool with the red interior.

I've always loved those early Firebirds and Camaros. I actually wanted a first gen Camaro initially, but the deal I got on the Mustang was too good to pass up. I've also got a 1970 Datsun 240Z, but it's one of those never ending projects and it's not nearly in as good of shape as the Mustang.
I was looking for a 69 Camaro(had one several years ago). Then I found the firebird, and paid about the mount of money that was invested in the engine bay for it, so it was hard to pass up. I justified it as I basically bought an engine and suspension components with a car attached.

Its not perfect, all the attention was put on the drivetrain, I've been going through getting things sorted out. I'm Wanting to redo the interior, its functional but too race oriented, back seat was an after thought. You can tell where the builders priorities were :lol:

http://imgur.com/a/5nL0C

A picture of my cute/manly car with the top down. I was thinking of tinting the windows and maybe getting some aftermarket wheels.

attachicon.gif
IMG_20140709_081357.jpg
I used to see a guy driving his Eos in the middle of winter with his top down on my commutes to work.

That is a very nice fleet :drool:

I was looking for a 69 Camaro(had one several years ago). Then I found the firebird, and paid about the mount of money that was invested in the engine bay for it, so it was hard to pass up. I justified it as I basically bought an engine and suspension components with a car attached.

Its not perfect, all the attention was put on the drivetrain, I've been going through getting things sorted out. I'm Wanting to redo the interior, its functional but too race oriented, back seat was an after thought. You can tell where the builders priorities were :lol:

http://imgur.com/a/5nL0C
So sick. I also want your garage haha.

So sick. I also want your garage haha.
Thanks. When I was looking at houses 10 years ago, the Realtor asked what I was looking for. I had two rules: "Brick, I don't want to paint. Three car garage at least. Everything else is up with in the air."

He thought I was kidding. :lol: problem was I never thought about a future wife's car! :lol: so now my Mazda sleeps outside.

Congrats,if I didn't buy my current car I probably would have gotten a Z51 C7 also. That is one fine looking car.

I heard they were pausing sales though due to airbag issues?

I got coal rolled on yesterday by an F350.  There were two left turning lanes and this guy was already in the left lane.  I got on the right lane since I was taking the right exit after the turn.  The light turns green, and we both proceed to make the left.  Naturally, the guy is in front of me since he was on the inside lane but then decides to take up both lanes and spews a crap load of black smoke on me.  It freaked out my wife, but I just kept going since I had read about these db's before.  

Anyway, he takes the right exit I was also taking and takes off like a bat out of hell on the highway.  I catch up to him at the next exit since there is a line of cars taking the on ramp we are both taking.  After getting on the next highway, he stays in the right lane going slow, I pass him in the middle lane and luckily he didn't do anything else.

I have no idea what I did to piss him off.  I'd heard of them doing that on a Prius, but on a Touareg?  

I got coal rolled on yesterday by an F350. There were two left turning lanes and this guy was already in the left lane. I got on the right lane since I was taking the right exit after the turn. The light turns green, and we both proceed to make the left. Naturally, the guy is in front of me since he was on the inside lane but then decides to take up both lanes and spews a crap load of black smoke on me. It freaked out my wife, but I just kept going since I had read about these db's before.

Anyway, he takes the right exit I was also taking and takes off like a bat out of hell on the highway. I catch up to him at the next exit since there is a line of cars taking the on ramp we are both taking. After getting on the next highway, he stays in the right lane going slow, I pass him in the middle lane and luckily he didn't do anything else.

I have no idea what I did to piss him off. I'd heard of them doing that on a Prius, but on a Touareg?
Too German. 'Merica!

Congrats,if I didn't buy my current car I probably would have gotten a Z51 C7 also. That is one fine looking car.

I heard they were pausing sales though due to airbag issues?
Yeah they are, something to do with airbags and the parking brake. Mine hasn't even been built yet so it doesn't impact me. I'm hoping to have it by November. Buying this thing has been a huge pain since the local dealers are all trying to scam MSRP+ on them, and the only way to get a decent deal was to order one from an out of state dealer that accepts GM supplier pricing, which is just about invoice.

Yeah they are, something to do with airbags and the parking brake. Mine hasn't even been built yet so it doesn't impact me. I'm hoping to have it by November. Buying this thing has been a huge pain since the local dealers are all trying to scam MSRP+ on them, and the only way to get a decent deal was to order one from an out of state dealer that accepts GM supplier pricing, which is just about invoice.
It didn't help when GM bumped up the price after the first 6 months to deal with "demand" (yeah, you raidbthe price 1,200 on a 60K car, Im sure that was to slow "demand")

It didn't help when GM bumped up the price after the first 6 months to deal with "demand" (yeah, you raidbthe price 1,200 on a 60K car, Im sure that was to slow "demand")
They raised it another grand at the beginning of August too, just before I placed my order :wall:

Typical GM thinking, "hey we have a really popular car that's selling well, lets deal with the demand by raising the price instead of increasing supply." Oh well. If you're interested, check out mygmdiscount.com which is the website for the credit union discount. It has a build and price tool which shows you the available discounts just for being a member of a credit union. It's a pretty significant discount from MSRP on the Corvette. The caveat is that dealer participation in the program is optional, hence why I had to buy mine through a dealer in Michigan even though I'm in Florida.

They raised it another grand at the beginning of August too, just before I placed my order :wall:

Typical GM thinking, "hey we have a really popular car that's selling well, lets deal with the demand by raising the price instead of increasing supply." Oh well. If you're interested, check out mygmdiscount.com which is the website for the credit union discount. It has a build and price tool which shows you the available discounts just for being a member of a credit union. It's a pretty significant discount from MSRP on the Corvette. The caveat is that dealer participation in the program is optional, hence why I had to buy mine through a dealer in Michigan even though I'm in Florida.
If I remember correctly, that was mostly the model year price increase I think they added some features, especially if you ordered the new 8 speed auto that shifts quicker than the Porsche PDK.

tl;dr: Make sure your tires are properly maintained and toss them if they're too old.

slidecage-like story below:

So the "in-law's" car(99 Camry) finally got a flat on Monday afternoon and needed AAA to throw on a spare(tires are almost 8 years old, cracked, and rotting away). They take care of our daughter(free child care is awesome btw), so they need a reliable vehicle. They crash at our place for the night(not a big deal) and my partner says that her father wants to keep one of tires on a wheel as a spare. No biggie. We tried to get it done later that afternoon at BJ's, a local wholesale club, but it was too late to get any work done and they were the cheapest place.

The next morning, Granddad tells me that he wants to keep all of the tires(umm..whut?) and that Toyota has a $100 off 4 tire purchase. He doesn't speak english so I accommodate him. Turns out that Toyota charges $150 more than BJ's, so I say F-that, tell him the bad news and head to BJ's. Jump into the car and as I drive down the street, I notice that the steering wheel has to be cocked 45 degrees to the right in order to drive straight. fuck, the car needs a major alignment. How the hell did no one notice and why did no one bother to tell me? It's not like you can't NOT notice that the car doesn't drive straight. Got to BJ'swhen they open and apparently, they outsource all their work to Monroe, which opens a whole hour earlier, so there are already 3 cars ahead of me and the manager tells me it's going to be at least 3 hours before they can even get to it. fuck, now I have to take the entire day off instead of just a couple hours. I made sure I told them to keep one of the tires on a wheel to use as a spare and dump the rest.

When they start working on the car, they ask me if I want an alignment. I tell them I want to take the car for a spin first because the crazy bad alignment might be from the spare since we suspect that it was one of the original tires that came with the car; it was clearly worn an on it's last legs. Frankly, I'm surprised that it made the 15 mile trek back home on Monday. Half an hour later, they come out and tell me that 2 studs were crossthreaded when the spare was put on! SHIT! Now I need to call AAA to complain and open a case to get reimbursed. After 45 minutes of calls, I was finally able to open a case with them and they said to keep the studs and drop them off at the closest AAA office. They will be expecting me. Work is done and I take the car around the parking lot. fuck, the car still pulls to the left. I remember to check the spare and it turns out they gave me the beat up spare that's almost as old as the car. fuck, now I have to waste more time and tell them that they fucked up. I go into the bays and the Monroe manager was like, "Well what does he want? I don't have time for this shit!" I don't have time for this shit either, asshole. I guess I won't be getting an alignment here after all. The rep throws on the correct tire, I pay, and I take off with studs in hand back to my place to take my own car to AAA.

Get to AAA and let them know I'm here and what I'm there for. I try to tell the worker that's packaging everything that the name on the work order is my father's(he has the BJ's membership), I'm the one that opened the case, and that the AAA membership is under my partner's name cause I don't want them to fuck this up. I whip out my laptop to give them the contact info for the AAA rep that opened the case cause that's what the rep told me to do, and one of the ladies was like, "Why are you taking THAT thing out?" I explain why and she shuffles around for a few minutes looking for the info that they "already have." I'm like whatever. Meanwhile, the lady that I'm telling the info to is not writing anything down and looking at me and speaking to me in a very non-customer friendly way, which makes me wonder more about their competence. She finally writes the info down and I leave to call the rep I spoke to and told her that I wasn't happy with the service and to expect the package. I call the local Toyota dealership to get an alignment and I'm on my way.

I finally get to Toyota around 2:30pm and I'm SUPER irritated from driving around all day with no lunch. Turns out they price match all local deals AND they give a free alignment with tire purchases. fuck. I could've just gone to Toyota and have them do all the work, which would've saved me a lot of time, but not much money. Jump back into the car and notice that the alignment still isn't where it should be; 3-4 degrees to the left this round. At that point, it's 3:40 and I need to pick up my partner from work by 5 and she's 35 minutes away thanks to traffic, so there's no time to have them fix it. I call them later than night about the problem and that there was a 20% coupon that could've been applied, but I forgot to mention it; I AM a CAG afterall! :D They say bring it in when I can to get the alignment corrected and I'll get the money back on my card.

Grab some brazilian bbq on the way to pick up the partner and we're home by 6, which is 30 minutes to an hour earlier than we're usually home. Silver lining I guess?

Cadilliac Wins the Pirelli World Challenge 2014 (3 Consecutive Wins)

http://www.racer.com/component/flex...celebrate-at-awards-banquet-in-salt-lake-city

It was a tough year for Cadillac & Johnny but they managed to pull the win due to some luck and aggressive driving. A great sendoff for the Gen 2 CTS'

Summary Video of the year
[video=youtube;xUgLRE3Dghw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUgLRE3Dghw[/video]

Can't wait to see how they do next year with the ATS GT3 Cars. Plus they've added Laguna Seca to the schedule!

1307258583192484314.jpg

16129395261647268579.jpg

Someone described this best as the "best motorsports competition that nobody watches"

My sister bought a 2005 Mazda 3i in 2007 or 2008 and hasn't had any major issues with it.  She's just kept up with regular maintenance and the car is at around 100k miles now.  The only thing she complains about is some rust on the rear quarter panel, but thankfully, no mechanical issues.

My sistsr has a 2012 mazda 6, its been in the shop 5 times already, gas mileage is no where near estimated use... just fyi

hmmm thanks for the feedback.  I'm still unsold on the mazda brand.  Luckily I have till about Jan to make up my mind.  

anyone know what the civic and mazda 3 release cycle is?  I tried to google release date like i would a damn video game and just get spammy aggregate type sites.

hmmm thanks for the feedback. I'm still unsold on the mazda brand. Luckily I have till about Jan to make up my mind.

anyone know what the civic and mazda 3 release cycle is? I tried to google release date like i would a damn video game and just get spammy aggregate type sites.
2015 civics are due in a few weeks I think. I would love the euro sport version to be sold here.

I hadn't seen that redesign before. It looks pretty cool. Is the type r coming to the US?
LOLZ...you should know better than to ask that! :rofl:

On the car front, it looks like we're getting a second vehicle. What I REALLY want is the new WRX, but the baby momma ain't sold on Subaru and would prefer something a little less rugged like a Camry, not to mention is being way too expensive spec'd out the way I want. With a budget of about $25k, I'm looking again at the CT200h, IS250, and TL. I like the small hatch and hybrid aspect of the CT(50mpg on regular gas? hell yeah!), but I wish it had more power, which the IS and TL provide as well as having AWD options. Or maybe I should just get a TSX wagon and join the wagon club? What I should've done was just pick up the 2 year old TSX SE with 19k miles for $20k last month. Still kicking myself for that. :(

LOLZ...you should know better than to ask that! :rofl:

On the car front, it looks like we're getting a second vehicle. What I REALLY want is the new WRX, but the baby momma ain't sold on Subaru and would prefer something a little less rugged like a Camry, not to mention is being way too expensive spec'd out the way I want. With a budget of about $25k, I'm looking again at the CT200h, IS250, and TL. I like the small hatch and hybrid aspect of the CT(50mpg on regular gas? hell yeah!), but I wish it had more power, which the IS and TL provide as well as having AWD options. Or maybe I should just get a TSX wagon and join the wagon club? What I should've done was just pick up the 2 year old TSX SE with 19k miles for $20k last month. Still kicking myself for that. :(
How about a 2015 Ecoboost Mustang? They should be right around that price. Or is that a little to small interior-wise for your needs?

Test drove the CT200h and IS250 this weekend. OMG the CT200h has like NO torque and the IS feels like boat. I think the CT would be a decent family hauler, but the lack of trunk space is a bit of a concern. It almost feels like the trunk in the BRZ is bigger. Now to give Acura a shot, but I'm super tempted to just go down a trim level in the WRX and call it a day since winter is coming soon and ordering one would leave me with a 3-4 week wait.

http://www.jeep.com/en/2015/renegade/

What do you guys think of this? This is exactly what I had in mind for my next vehicle, a basic crossover that wasn't a hulking SUV but not a car either. It looks like the old Liberties they made from like 04-07 which is what I was looking to get originally. I'm not a fan of Jeep apart from those old Liberties but that thing looks like it could be what I'd like. Only problem is I did not want to buy new and that's not even out yet. I'm split at the moment as I really would like to get something soon but so far that looks pretty good and even if I held out another year so I could get one of these used I won't save much, MAYBE a couple grand if I'm lucky unless whoever had one put 125k+ on it in less than a year and it's priced lower because of that.

Just got back from the Hawthorne Airport where Telsa unveiled the D version of the model S. the 3.2 s to 60 is no joke. My poor V Wagon is dead to me now :(

The auto pilot stuff is quite impressive too

10672430_10152411820279142_946245594903348049_n.jpg

10153147_10152411820164142_3416855638047689978_n.jpg

Didn't get to drive it, which makes sense since they had an open bar. On a side note, I've never seen so many tesla model S's in my life and it was quite amusing. Esp to the valet people when people couldn't tell if a car was theirs.

bread's done
Back