CAG Car Thread!

Any particular cars you guys can recommend for someone like me who is looking for a "small" SUV? I'm thinking along the lines of the 06 Jeep Liberty or Nissan Xterras. Everything is made so big now and the mid-size ones are what I'm interested in. I would even go for an old Chevy Tracker if I could find one in good order. Basically just want something that sits higher than a car and is AWD/4WD. New or used, anything in their size departments.

Any particular cars you guys can recommend for someone like me who is looking for a "small" SUV? I'm thinking along the lines of the 06 Jeep Liberty or Nissan Xterras. Everything is made so big now and the mid-size ones are what I'm interested in. I would even go for an old Chevy Tracker if I could find one in good order. Basically just want something that sits higher than a car and is AWD/4WD. New or used, anything in their size departments.
Toyota Highlander or Honda Pilot are low cost and reliable alternatives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ended up getting a 2016 Tacoma SR5 Double Cab.  Had it now for a week and I absolutely love it.  Little longer than my Jeep so it's gonna take some getting used to (parking wise) but I really can't complain.  It's a joy to drive.

Bored at work so decided to check out how my old bimmer was doing.  Not good, lol.  

It went from this:

TkexkKb.jpg

To this: 

FxROUwa.jpg

ioCgNcZ.jpg

It's actually pretty cool to see how safe the car is.  That seems like a pretty big impact, but the cabin looks fine.  

Wow, haven't checked on this thread in a while.  We turned our VW Jetta Sportwagen in for the buyback and traded in our Eos on two new cars:

[attachment=26411:mazdaspeed doc.jpg]

[attachment=26412:mazdaspeed doc 2.jpg]

[attachment=26413:journey.jpg]

2013 Mazdaspeed 3 and 2016 Dodge Journey.  I know everyone hates the Journey, but it was hella cheap and had the three rows my wife wanted.

Wow, haven't checked on this thread in a while. We turned our VW Jetta Sportwagen in for the buyback and traded in our Eos on two new cars:

attachicon.gif
mazdaspeed doc.jpg

attachicon.gif
mazdaspeed doc 2.jpg

attachicon.gif
journey.jpg

2013 Mazdaspeed 3 and 2016 Dodge Journey. I know everyone hates the Journey, but it was hella cheap and had the three rows my wife wanted.
Nice rides! Was that the last year for the Speed 3? My sister is looking for a 2014 3 to replace her 2005 3, but I haven't seen any Speeds in my searches.

Nice rides! Was that the last year for the Speed 3? My sister is looking for a 2014 3 to replace her 2005 3, but I haven't seen any Speeds in my searches.
Thanks! Yep, 2013 was the last year, I was looking specifically for the last year with the Tech package. :) It's a pretty fun ride, I considered the Focus ST and Fiesta ST, but the Focus cost a little more then the Speed 3, and the Fiesta felt a little too cheap for me.

Car guy story:

I was browsing Craigslist for fun and ran across a 35th Anniversary Edition Camaro, which I have always liked. I started looking closer and noticed it was missing several things, black and silver wheels, embroidered headrests. I started an email conversation and the guy was telling me it really is a 35th, the VIN says so. Without going into GM specific details yhat doesn't make a lot of sense.(all 2002 camaro had a little plaque on The dash saying 35th anniversary, most people don't realize that doesn't mean it's the special edition, which has RPO code Z4C on the sheet in the door jam). He couldn't send a pic as he was out of town.

I started looking into it and found out the company that made the performance edition cars like Firehawk, 4th gen SS, etc, offers free VIN lookups to see if the car is in their database so you can easily check to see if it's fake or not. I used it on the car locally and a real 35th on ebay. I didn't want to waste time driving to see it if the option sticker shows the Z4C, the code for the limited edition Anniversary Package.

The one on ebay specifically shows the Anniversary edition package was installed at the factory. The one I was look by into does NOT, just the basic package. So I Google the Vin to see if there has been other discussion about this car.

Here is the kicker. Someone(same guy?) bought it a few months ago at a Leake Classic Car auction, and it looks like it was advertised as a special edition. All it really is is a red SS with $350 of Z4C stripes and stickers, that's someone paid thousands too much for. No wonder he is in denial. People are even faking inexpensive 15 year old camaros now.

This is why I like to buy new cars. :lol:

bread's done
Back