CAG Car Thread!

LOLZ...I hate you so much. I'm juggling 4 dealers trying to get the best deal on a 2016. :rofl:

And shouldn't you have posted a pic?
Oh I forgot.

I'm so tired today.

I'll post one tomorrow when I get home from work, its dark already now lol

I have to go back in a week, my husband had them order a subwoofer for the car so I have to go back for them to put it in.

And I had thought you had ordered yours already?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I forgot.

I'm so tired today.

I'll post one tomorrow when I get home from work, its dark already now lol

I have to go back in a week, my husband had them order a subwoofer for the car so I have to go back for them to put it in.

And I had thought you had ordered yours already?
No order yet. Got a slightly better offer on the car, so I'm at $700 under invoice. The only issue is the value of my trade. No point in $700 under if I'm low balled by $2k on my BRZ.

No order yet. Got a slightly better offer on the car, so I'm at $700 under invoice. The only issue is the value of my trade. No point in $700 under if I'm low balled by $2k on my BRZ.
Yup, probably why you got that price then if they lowballed it.

Personally I would go with whoever actually gave me an honest price and a great trade in value just to avoid a whole bait and switch debacle when the car got there or whatever (just my opinion from when I sold cars, I was an internet mgr for 3 years)

Yup, probably why you got that price then if they lowballed it.

Personally I would go with whoever actually gave me an honest price and a great trade in value just to avoid a whole bait and switch debacle when the car got there or whatever (just my opinion from when I sold cars, I was an internet mgr for 3 years)
That's pretty much what I got when the 2015 got swiped from me...haha. The price is good though and would apply even without a trade considering I got the quotes before mentioning it. The $700 under invoice quote is the combination of $600 under and a lower dealer fee. I'm still waiting to hear back from the dealer that had the 2015 in regards to matching the $600 under invoice offer.

So everyone buying cars currently, are you really going to dealerships to purchase your vehicles?  A shame that you could be saving a ton more money by buying through an Auto broker rather then the dealership...

The couple of Auto brokers we work with can easily get you $1000 - $2000 off of invoice, and they don't charge dealer fees as well.  So somewhere in the neighborhood of $1500-$2500 you can save, and they can usually get you more on trade as well since they aren't as limited on types of cars as dealers may be...  just saying.

I would never buy from a broker…I remember dealing with them, their a bunch of sleazy slime balls.
You have a completely warped view of what a real broker is... it all depends on where you go and the research you do. The credit Union I work with, works directly with Two Auto Broker companies that have to hold a certain standard, review rate, and the LTV on autos has to hit a specific thresh hold to be a part of our preferred brokers. Like I said, they average anywhere from $1500-$2500 off of book. If I am saving that much money on a factory new vehicle, I am not quite sure where the sleazy slimeball comes from?

Personally, my experience with brokers, wether it be a credit union to some person doing it on their own for someone, they're not that good of a deal. They're good at making you think you're getting a good deal, but remember they're getting paid, for something anyone can do if they put in enough patience and work. 

Personally, my experience with brokers, wether it be a credit union to some person doing it on their own for someone, they're not that good of a deal. They're good at making you think you're getting a good deal, but remember they're getting paid, for something anyone can do if they put in enough patience and work.
Again with proper research it is the better deal. Our auto brokers can get vehiclesfor much less than invoice, they make there money by charging a little more than that, they don't need to make as much as a dealer because most of the time they don't have cars sitting in their lots losing money like dealers do. You can still get the car for less money then you would at the dealer even after paying the broker, everyone has to make money somehow. It's logistics, you are the one in charge, so how you keep says my I had a bad experience, they make you think you are getting a good deal, is all about you not them, you know everything up front.

Car buying is about how much work you want to put in to get the best deal. But if you know what you want and don't care how you get it, then we'll that's how the dealer really makes their money.

I'm glad you have it like that or feel like that or what have you, perhaps the state you live in is different, but as someone who was an internet fleet manager for almost 4 years, I know how we dealt with brokers, what we thought of them, and what they did with customers. So I'll agree to disagree with you if you please. :)

On a car with $1600 in holdbacks, I don't see how much better I can do than $900 over dealer cost when they can barely keep the model on the lot. :cry:

I think I'm at $3k under msrp already. Not sure how a broker would help me in this situation except on the trade, which by the time I take delivery, will be one model year older.

On a car with $1600 in holdbacks, I don't see how much better I can do than $900 over dealer cost when they can barely keep the model on the lot. :cry:

Not sure how a broker would help me in this situation.
You could always let them know since they would be ordering a car, or selling it as it flies off the lot they'll get the financial reserve so thats more money for them. Not sure if that would help you at all in negotiating?

You could always let them know since they would be ordering a car, or selling it as it flies off the lot they'll get the financial reserve so thats more money for them. Not sure if that would help you at all in negotiating?
Lower is better of course, but even most people on the forums aren't getting below invoice, so I'm good with not getting the car cheaper than anyone else. I'd have to live in Colorado to get it cheaper than I am now.

I'm going to try and see if mentioning Edmunds will help with the trade, but like I said, the 2016 BRZ's will be out by delivery of the WRX and dropping the value further. *sigh*

Lower is better of course, but even most people on the forums aren't getting below invoice, so I'm good with not getting the car cheaper than anyone else. I'd have to live in Colorado to get it cheaper than I am now.

I'm going to try and see if mentioning Edmunds will help with the trade, but like I said, the 2016 BRZ's will be out by delivery of the WRX and dropping the value further. *sigh*
Have you tried the auto trader trade in? Certain dealerships partner with them and have to agree with that certificate to buy it at that price, we used to use it when I sold cars, sometimes it did help when I was trying to win deals.

Have you tried the auto trader trade in? Certain dealerships partner with them and have to agree with that certificate to buy it at that price, we used to use it when I sold cars, sometimes it did help when I was trying to win deals.
I have tried them and dealers are beating their quote by a bit over $500. I've gotten quotes of $17k-$18k from dealers, which isn't terrible considering the tax incentive and leaves room to negotiate a little on it between the dealers I'm talking with to try and match offers. I know they'll sell it at $20k easy and retail it at $21k, so if they're going to make like $4k on this deal, I don't think getting some accessories thrown in(like all weather mats, trunk tray, and wheel locks) and a heavy discount/invoice price for port-installed options(remote start, body molding, auto-dim mirror) is unreasonable when I can easily get the stuff for 20-25% off msrp and install everything myself..

Or maybe it is unreasonable? You tell me...haha.

I think I found a winning offer: Net $700 under invoice, refundable deposit, $17.8k trade, and all accessories at invoice. With the trade, I'm going to get around a $1k sales tax credit and a check for about $900 from Subaru for the remainder of the extended warranty I got on the BRZ.

Pretty solid deal I think.

I think I found a winning offer: Net $700 under invoice, refundable deposit, $17.8k trade, and all accessories at invoice. With the trade, I'm going to get around a $1k sales tax credit and a check for about $900 from Subaru for the remainder of the extended warranty I got on the BRZ.

Pretty solid deal I think.
Sounds good

Did you also get the $500 subaru loyalty rebate?

I can't find it, but my husband thinks he has it with his paperwork. I'll let you know when he gets home :)
My daughter thanks you!

The funny thing is that I think I remember getting one in the mail for $200 or $250 a little after I got my BRZ. I'm pretty sure I threw it away...haha.

My daughter thanks you!

The funny thing is that I think I remember getting one in the mail for $200 or $250 a little after I got my BRZ. I'm pretty sure I threw it away...haha.
My husband can't find it either, but if you let finance or the sales person know they should know (subaru loyalty cash). My sales person (who we've dealt with 3 times already, says its a universal code that he just remembered from memory so he never got the actual coupon from us since i had forgotten it at home)

My husband can't find it either, but if you let finance or the sales person know they should know (subaru loyalty cash). My sales person (who we've dealt with 3 times already, says its a universal code that he just remembered from memory so he never got the actual coupon from us since i had forgotten it at home)
:cry:

Thanks for looking anyways. I don't suppose you could get the code from him...haha.

I did some digging and it looks like Subaru sends $500 vouchers to those that purchase the Subaru maintenance package for sure and it was confirmed when I called customer service, but I'm pretty sure one came in the mail with a new ownership packet introducing me to the brand. Some people on other forums also confirm that they've gotten them via email or calling customer service. Sometimes after getting rejected, cs will sometimes call back the next day with the voucher or just mail one out. My fingers are crossed, but I'll probably call back tomorrow.

I'll probably call in my order and deposit tomorrow or Friday too. I probably won't be taking delivery for at least 12 weeks anyways. :lol:

:cry:

Thanks for looking anyways. I don't suppose you could get the code from him...haha.

I did some digging and it looks like Subaru sends $500 vouchers to those that purchase the Subaru maintenance package for sure and it was confirmed when I called customer service, but I'm pretty sure one came in the mail with a new ownership packet introducing me to the brand. Some people on other forums also confirm that they've gotten them via email or calling customer service. Sometimes after getting rejected, cs will sometimes call back the next day with the voucher or just mail one out. My fingers are crossed, but I'll probably call back tomorrow.

I'll probably call in my order and deposit tomorrow or Friday too. I probably won't be taking delivery for at least 12 weeks anyways. :lol:
I know we didn't buy any package, ours just says a loyalty coupon on it. Although I know for California you automatically get so many oil changes for free, so maybe thats also might be what they're referring to? I see my sales person soon because I have to go back for them to put a subwoofer in the car, I can ask for you then if thats cool?

I know we didn't buy any package, ours just says a loyalty coupon on it. Although I know for California you automatically get so many oil changes for free, so maybe thats also might be what they're referring to? I see my sales person soon because I have to go back for them to put a subwoofer in the car, I can ask for you then if thats cool?
Yeah, according to the forum, it's pretty inconsistent in regards to who gets it outside of getting the maintenance plan, which also extends to owners that get it when they call cs.

I'll take the code anyway you can get it...haha. $500 is a big chunk of change!

edit: Just placed my deposit. CAN'T WAIT

I finally got in contact with the guy who originally built my bird. Found out some interesting stuff.

I have put it up for sale(found a NICE, low mileage classic European car which I wont disclose because its a nice find and I want it). When at a show, a guy saw it for sale and sent a pic to the original builder(they are buddies) when hearing I had some questions for him.

Was built 10.2:1 to do best on 91(I had estimated 10:5 or more, as I was missing a spec for the engine). Said he didnt run more unless he had a "big" shot of Nitrous.

He said, when I asked if he raced it after the last rebuild, what it did, he said, if I heard right, it could run 10.17s all day long.

The engine started in the car, and when blown made over 1200HP. He then took it out and put it in his Funny Car, and the car sit for a while. He then took it back out of the Funny Car, rebuilt it to its current 91 octane friednly state, and put it back in the Firebird and started converting the car to a more street friendly state(the front tubular and coil over suspension, etc)

I told him about sone odd stuff I had to fix(wont get technically, but little dumb things) and he said the previous owner must had tried working on it when he shouldn't have.

I have had four people interested.

I possibly, literally, scared off one buyer during the test ride. Too much power for him.

The latest two are interesting. One is a car collector, and I saw one of them, a MINT condition GT350, and was told by people who know him that is just the start of them.(he parked by me at a show, came straight to my car. That'll make ya feel good!)

The other is in Germany, just getting that conversation started, via a intermediary that is a Pontiac Collector.

My 1967 Firebird. RIP.

Not a wreck, and nothing I did.
Don't want to talk about it.

Nope. Had a nice afternoon drive. After finally getting to talk to the builder, decided to take it to the track(guy said he ran consistant 10.17 in the quarter). Went out and bought a nice new Bell helmet just before I left. A mile from the house I heard some noise. It has race muffler on it so the car was loud, hard to tell what it was.... Yup, the exhaust WAS,past tense, loud. I never even made it to the track...

Flashback.....

Earlier that day I was in contact with two interested buyers, one if which was in Europe, for $28,000. One was wanting to trade a SL550 benz for it. Problem was he forgot to pick up his car(was having it spiffied up) in time preventing a possible transaction that afternoon. His car was locked up for the weekend in a shop. We put it off until monday

Flash forward...

And hours after that trade would have possibly occured, the $15k engine with around 2,000 miles since a minor rebuild, goes out.

I was ticked. Two guys agreeing on a value around 28k and wanting it. A top shelf parts list for an engine with a recent rebuild. Hours earlier I had gone for a drive and it was running normal.

Juat sold it a few hours ago, took a nice hit on it, but was too frustrated to keep it. I had owned it less than a year, but didn't feel like sorting it out.

My wife was wanting a CUV, so just picked up a Soul Red 2016 CX-5. Everything but AWD. Gorgeous. Having Xpel put over most the front clip today. Installer thought sides of fenders was overkill due to design, so skipped that part(shop has done Astons and Ferraris, so it's a top notch place)....

Also, behold the power of the LG G4 camera.

eqzOYVO.jpg

JHhabcl.jpg
1mnzegd.jpg

itHliOO.jpg
RvSY8qZ.jpg

My wife was wanting a CUV, so just picked up a Soul Red 2016 CX-5. Everything but AWD. Gorgeous. Having Xpel put over most the front clip today. Installer thought sides of fenders was overkill due to design, so skipped that part(shop has done Astons and Ferraris, so it's a top notch place)....

Also, behold the power of the LG G4 camera.
Interesting advice on the installer's part, then again, my fenders are pretty clean and I don't remember that many chips on my previous car either. I'm still debating on getting the new car wrapped and I think it's going to come down to the manufacture date since I've been reading that you shouldn't get it wrapped until the paint's been given 3 months to fully cure. I'm guessing your installer didn't say anything about it?

My WRX is due in about 3 weeks. Can't wait! I debated getting the STi body kit and exhaust like Qbanita, but decided not to since you never know how brutal the winters can get and I think the exhaust is loud enough stock...lolz

Interesting advice on the installer's part, then again, my fenders are pretty clean and I don't remember that many chips on my previous car either. I'm still debating on getting the new car wrapped and I think it's going to come down to the manufacture date since I've been reading that you shouldn't get it wrapped until the paint's been given 3 months to fully cure. I'm guessing your installer didn't say anything about it?

My WRX is due in about 3 weeks. Can't wait! I debated getting the STi body kit and exhaust like Qbanita, but decided not to since you never know how brutal the winters can get and I think the exhaust is loud enough stock...lolz
I never did the body kit, I don't like that shopping cart handle on it ;)

My husband got a sti with exhaust and I just got a wrx with subwoofer :)

I had someone ask me if they could sponsor me over the weekend. I was like dude, do you see my car seat in the car? I don't race :/

That's actually ancient advice, originally came from waxing. Only applies to shade tree painters now, or small body shops.

Factories have massive ovens(remember those old Altima commercials?) that bake the painted car at very high temps to cure it very quickly.

Got it back, he covered the first 6 inches of the roof, full A Piller and back to the same point, entire hood and bumper, and mirrors, ans fron 4" of fenders. Also matched the front window tint to the back. $1250.

The shop had a lot of cool cars there, of note was a 911 RS America, a new M3 and RS4.

That's actually ancient advice, originally came from waxing. Only applies to shade tree painters now, or small body shops.

Factories have massive ovens(remember those old Altima commercials?) that bake the painted car at very high temps to cure it very quickly.

Got it back, he covered the first 6 inches of the roof, full A Piller and back to the same point, entire hood and bumper, and mirrors. Also matched the front window tint to the back. $1250.

The shop had a lot of cool cars there, of note was a 911 RS America, a new M3 and RS4.
Yeah, I know cars get baked, but this is the first car I'm buying that I'm intending to keep until the maintenance becomes too expensive, so I'm too cautious for my own good. I kinda knew my RSX and BRZ were going to be temporary...haha.

$1250 is an amazing price though. Front clip wrap with tints would probably cost me about $1800. :cry:

Yeah, I know cars get baked, but this is the first car I'm buying that I'm intending to keep until the maintenance becomes too expensive, so I'm too cautious for my own good. I kinda knew my RSX and BRZ were going to be temporary...haha.

$1250 is an amazing price though. Front clip wrap with tints would probably cost me about $1800. :cry:
Something odd with xpel that I noticed. Instructions say to use Xpel film sealant asap after install.

Their care instructions say never to use any wax or sealant that is dyed. It could cause discoloration.

Xpel film sealant is green.

Ummm.....

I just used Blackfire Crystal Seal instead.

Drove down to the beach to visit my wife and in laws who went on vacation this week while I worked, got a nice three hour drive with the top down.  I love owning a convertible. :)

Yup. It's how I roll!

Picking it up tomorrow morning. I'll probably get it wrapped and tinted next week. Hopefully I won't get too many rock chips by then...lulz.
I rented a car until I got the wifes new car in for the film. Wasn't happy, reserved a Fusion, got a Jeep Patriot. That thing barely got better mpg than my modified Tahoe 4x4 and you could sand off a callious on the dash.

bread's done
Back