CAG Comic #2: Best Buy Customer Centricity

[quote name='Wombat5277']I just noticed that the weapon the Best Buy employee is holding in frame 6 is a revolution controller, thats pretty darn funny[/QUOTE]

I saw that too, pure genius.

[quote name='chakan']I've toyed with the idea of printing a tshirt that says "Demon Customer", just for my visits to BB[/QUOTE]

We should make a whole line of shirts. Plain shirts with "Ray", "Barry", etc This way it'll be easier for the employees to spot us!

damn, and I thought I as the 1st one to discover Al holding the Revolution controller!

Nice job, let's not wait another year for the next one, or the next CAGcast!

[quote name='glowworm']damn, and I thought I as the 1st one to discover Al holding the Revolution controller!

Nice job, let's not wait another year for the next one, or the next CAGcast![/QUOTE]

I noticed that too..

no only buy at best buy when there are games to be had for mega cheap.. and even then only if i'm going there because the family wants to go. I hate when stores stereotype customers.. and you know.. I hate everytime i go to the fucking video game section some fucker comes by and asks me if i need help.. I mean.. I thought I looked devil enough (come to think of it.. i shoudl get a devil costume on halloween and wear the horns, tail and bring a pitch fork every time i go to BB from now on.. so theres no denying i'm a devil) heh

hehe, nice comic. i hate best buy...argh...

today i went to best buy to try to price match we love katamari for $19.99 from fry's ad. i got the last copy and tried to PM it and they denied. why you ask? because the ad says "LIMIT 1 PER CUSTOMER". seriously, wtf? i didn't feel like fighting it so i left. i think the lady at the customer service hates me cause i've tried PMing GT4 during the $37 compusa sale and she wouldn't let me. also refused to sell me a penny guide and said you have to buy the game to get it. i friggin hate best buy.

They tried doing something like that at Toys R Us 4 or 5 years ago...I think it lasted a couple weeks before everyone forgot about it.

[quote name='Scahom1']We should make a whole line of shirts. Plain shirts with "Ray", "Barry", etc This way it'll be easier for the employees to spot us![/QUOTE]

That would be so freaking awesome!

[quote name='Scahom1']We should make a whole line of shirts. Plain shirts with "Ray", "Barry", etc This way it'll be easier for the employees to spot us![/QUOTE]

Sounds great! I'd buy some costume devil horns to go with it though.

[quote name='chakan']I've toyed with the idea of printing a tshirt that says "Demon Customer", just for my visits to BB[/QUOTE]
Ok, here's what we need, on the back in red letters with fire "Demon Customer" On the front, start with the template of Cheapy D's icon at the top left of the screen, make it larger, keep the same pose and expression. Then alter it, changing the skin tone to a red, make the nose with more of a point, add horns, a goatee (the most evil of facial hair), and red gargoyle-style wings. As far as the color of the T-shirt, either black or Best Buy blue.

An optional addition is the same logo and slogan at the top of the page but add ".com" in the same green lettering, and place that below the "Cheapy D Devil" image.

As a former employee of Best Buy twice, I'm going to have to show my approval by laughing my ass off. Sorry, but it's absolutely true.

From an internal standpoint, BBY has been pumping this Customer Centricity BS into their employees like there's no tomorrow. I worked in PC's, and I can't tell you the number of meetings we had within just a month regarding "Barry" and how to chase him down and refer him to the different (i.e. profitable) sections of the store, namely Best Buy for Business and Magnolia (hi-fi entertainment center only available in Best Buy stores in Profitable regions such as Montgomery County, MD and various parts of CA). Obviously they never told us about the origins of their research and the whole "devil customer" notion but it was pretty much a given. Welcome to Big Business.

Anybody else fill out the www.bestbuycares.com survey after buying something from BB? The numbers to take the survey are listed on your receipt. I do it everytime and just love saying how much I hate them in their survey.

I wonder if that disqualifies me from winning the $500 gift card?!? :D

I am not even gonna bother being a devil customer. After my Reward Zone card expired last July, I never went back again. Not for their cheap games clearance, not for their DVD blowout, not for any new releases. Nada. After they pulled some BS stunt and changed my RZ certificates from mail delivery to email delivery (which failed to print and is then canceled out and can't be printed again, they promised to mail out a printed copy after I called to complain but it never came in the mail), I know this is one business that does not deserve a penny of my hard earned money.

Being a devil customer doesn't hurt them. Stop shopping there does. The strip got it right... F'it, let's go shop elsewhere!

[quote name='Legolas813']Anybody else fill out the www.bestbuycares.com survey after buying something from BB? The numbers to take the survey are listed on your receipt. I do it everytime and just love saying how much I hate them in their survey.

I wonder if that disqualifies me from winning the $500 gift card?!? :D[/QUOTE]

I just did one recently after buying "Millennium" Season 3 and "Space: Above And Beyond." I totally ripped the store apart then told them that they could keep the $500 gift card as I would just throw it away. :applause:

Another kickass CAG exclusive. You guys rock. :)

Great work on the comic and article. Very, very funny stuff. Can't wait to hear the BB response. /signed DEVIL.

[quote name='Scahom1']We should make a whole line of shirts. Plain shirts with "Ray", "Barry", etc This way it'll be easier for the employees to spot us![/QUOTE]Actually, that's an awesome idea! I'd love to have a black t-shirt that says "Barry" on the front in large white print and then, in green, "www.cheapassgamer.com" across the back shoulder-line.

Cheapyd! Think this could get some wings?

Didn't feel like reading all the post (kind of in a hurry too) but does this mean that if I go into Worst Buy looking like a bum they won't bother me??? If so, SWEET!

I used to work at bestbuy, and they taught us all this crap with their stupid team meetings in the morning. Its not really top secret data, every bestbuy employee knows about this.

Lol it all makes sense now...no wonder I always see atleast TWO employees standing around DOING NOTHING but talking and watching people. This is got to be the only retail store that has a ok policy of employees standing around doing nothing...every other store I never see this. As a former retail employee myself (3 years former :) ) if I was standing around doing that, I would get yelled at by management.

I just go in there for DVDs/CD and thats it 98% of the time.

oh so now im a "BUZZ" huh?

[quote name='demomanTNA']I just did one recently after buying "Millennium" Season 3 and "Space: Above And Beyond." I totally ripped the store apart then told them that they could keep the $500 gift card as I would just throw it away. :applause:[/QUOTE]

If you ever throw away a $500 gift card, throw it my direction.

I just started working at best buy (geek squad) and I went through all that barry, jill, buzz training junk. It's actually a pretty good way to show employees how to sell to certain people, but it's not like I have to do much of that anyways =P

[quote name='punqsux']i dont mean upfront as in advertising them in their stores, but they make you agree to not form or join a union when working there (that seems upfront) and i assumed it was common knowledge that they just promote mostly men, and just pay off any discrimination lawsuits they get about not promoting equally if not more apt women

must just be me though[/quote]You mean you thinl Walmart is better because they're fucked up beyond belief?

Anyway I'm bumping this cause I wanna see another comic.

bread's done
Back