CAG ESPN NHL 2k5 (Xbox) online league - PLAY YOUR GAMES BY 10/14

If you guys need a replacement for a dropped player, let me know. I'm probably willing to hop in. If you guys still have problems with players not playing their games, my advice is to start over as soon as possible. That's why I didn't try to drag the 32 man NFL league and decided to start the 12 team league up.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']If you guys need a replacement for a dropped player, let me know. I'm probably willing to hop in. If you guys still have problems with players not playing their games, my advice is to start over as soon as possible. That's why I didn't try to drag the 32 man NFL league and decided to start the 12 team league up.[/quote]

Sounds good.

For current players, if you add your email to your profile on the league website, you get a daily email with league news. Pretty neat.

I thought i noticed something about trades needing to be "approved" by the league creator or something like that....also... you interested in a deal for Mike Keane or Matt Cooke?

[quote name='bkrobson']I thought i noticed something about trades needing to be "approved" by the league creator or something like that....also... you interested in a deal for Mike Keane or Matt Cooke?[/quote]

yeah, trades need to be approved by the league creator, that way there aren't any knuckleheads who'll trade kariya and selanna for 2 random scrubs.

i have a trade that was accepted on both ends, but there's no real rush to approve it, as long as it's done before the next game.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='bkrobson']I thought i noticed something about trades needing to be "approved" by the league creator or something like that....also... you interested in a deal for Mike Keane or Matt Cooke?[/quote]

yeah, trades need to be approved by the league creator, that way there aren't any knuckleheads who'll trade kariya and selanna for 2 random scrubs.

i have a trade that was accepted on both ends, but there's no real rush to approve it, as long as it's done before the next game.[/quote]

yeah i just made a trade with thatsto bad, which is why i was asking. just wondering how it works out. as long as they are implemented for the next week. is there a deadline?

bkrobson...arent you the blue jackets? interested in giving up sanderson or jean luc grande pierre? i would be more than willing to part with them, seeing as i have too many checkers as is, im looking for offense more than anything. we'll work somthing out...

bkrobson...arent you the blue jackets? interested in giving up sanderson or jean luc grande pierre? i would be more than willing to part with them, seeing as i have too many checkers as is, im looking for offense more than anything. we'll work somthing out...

grande pierre is on washington now..... but i want to keep sanderson.... how about zherdev for cooke

[quote name='bkrobson']

grande pierre is on washington now..... but i want to keep sanderson.... how about zherdev for cooke[/quote]

dam i forgot thats who he played for, i used to really like him when he play for the sabres. how did the jackets get Geoffry back anyway? free agent i imagine. zherdov of cook looks good, unless you want to do it for keene...but as far as getting morrison, i need a better center, and im not really interested in your centermen.

My opponent hasn't even read the PM I sent yet.

bkrobson I responded to your offer... Actually, if anyone wants to get in touch with me, I will see it a lot sooner if you PM me here.

not to be a downer but are we going to be starting a new league with less teams? too bad we couldnt get a full 30 going...

i'm guessing it wouldn't pe possible to continue this league while dropping the players that need to be dropped. i mean, if that can be done, i'd be into that, but at the same time, i'd probably be ok with just starting over (and that has nothing to do with the fact that i lost my first game...well, maybe a little bit).

[quote name='thatstoobad']i'm guessing it wouldn't pe possible to continue this league while dropping the players that need to be dropped. i mean, if that can be done, i'd be into that, but at the same time, i'd probably be ok with just starting over (and that has nothing to do with the fact that i lost my first game...well, maybe a little bit).[/quote]

yeah sure :wink: ...

for real though, i thnk that 7 games have been played if im not mistaken? that seems to be enough to get one rolling, but if a new leauge is put up, would everyone be interested or able to make the time to play every 3 days rather than 7? it would help it go along a bit quicker and we can have a few more leauges after this one, at the current pace it would take over six months to play since we are on a 34 game schedule.

Im sure we could pull off a 16 teamer since there were a couple guys trying to play but couldnt get their opponents... 3 days is possible but kinda short... considering some games just got played yesterday (5th day of the week)... im sure 4 or 5 days would be more realistic though...

What happens if everyone plays their games before the 7 days are up? Can we then move on to the next round.

I think I can just drop the dead weight teams if I am not mistaken.

I'll probally be out if we switch to a game every 3 days since I probally won't have enough time for that.

I tried a couple of times to get in touch with Scorch about our game, but we never could work anything out. It's partly my fault for waiting until Thursday to start trying. I'd like to stay in the league, Cheapy, but go ahead and drop me if you think you need to.

[quote name='CheapyD']What happens if everyone plays their games before the 7 days are up? Can we then move on to the next round.

I think I can just drop the dead weight teams if I am not mistaken.[/quote]

if you drop the players that need to be dropped, will a new schedule be generated? that's what i'm hoping.

CheapyD - I've tried getting in touch with Chaos Rules (Washington) and he never responded. I was on tonight hoping he'd sign in at least, but no luck. I'd like to stay in the league, but with no opponent, there's not much I can do.

well we had 18 people play games, and I'm willing to bet that at least 3 other people wanted to play games but didn't. Cheapy as admin of the leauge, can't you give them a loss or tie or something ? I think people should have 2 no-shows before you throw them out.

[quote name='CheapyD']
Meanwhile, check out this game result:
http://leagues.espnvideogames.com/t/game.php?l=38410&g=511415[/quote]

that score is nuts, he must have been making shots left and right.

As seen on the CAGHL website, Brett Hull of the Detroit Red Wings is up for trade.

Give me your best offer.

I'm interested but I don't think I have what it takes to get him... Best I could probably do is Murray and another player.

well my game went unplayed, but not in part by me!!! I couldn't get my opponent to answer any notifications. I still want to play.

So we can't play today? I mean I was going to play my week one game on Oct 4th, which is today...someone clue me in.

[quote name='dafoomie']I'm interested but I don't think I have what it takes to get him... Best I could probably do is Murray and another player.[/quote]

I'd be interested in a trade with Glenn Murray and Travis Green.
Let me know what you think.

I'm also willing to throw other players in the trade.

[quote name='KingDox']well we had 18 people play games, and I'm willing to bet that at least 3 other people wanted to play games but didn't. Cheapy as admin of the leauge, can't you give them a loss or tie or something ? I think people should have 2 no-shows before you throw them out.[/quote]

I think it's only fair what CheapyD had in mind earlier. If you don't play your games and have attempted to contact your opponent then you get the win as long as you let CheapyD know.

I'd take a tie, though, as long as both parties check in saying they were unable to get a suitable time to play each other.

In the future, please make sure to check the league pages' boards so we can actually keep track of whose trying to track down their opponents.

Pootie works until 6:30. idk if that's EST or what. His AIM is Pootie Thang Rawr, so try to leave him one there. He's online, but away at work right now.

I played my first game but my opponent for my second game has not yet played the first game. What am I going to do if he is dropped or does not play again?

I hope we get this all resolved and move onto week two. I've already contacted my week 2 opponent to schedule our game. Everyone needs to keep their correspondences in the league page since that may be an easier way to contact other players.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I hope we get this all resolved and move onto week two. I've already contacted my week 2 opponent to schedule our game. Everyone needs to keep their correspondences in the league page since that may be an easier way to contact other players.[/quote]

same here. we were meeting online and discovered we werent going to be able to play.

I awarded victories to those who I felt tried harder to contact their opponent. Basically, if you posted in this thread about it, PMed me, posted on the ESPN site, you got the W.

Game 2 schedule is now active.

well, my next game is against danh920, who was apparently a hard one to get ahold of last week. i just sent him a PM here, a PM on the CAGHL site, and a friend request on XBL, so hopefully i can get a game played with him this week.

[quote name='thatstoobad']well, my next game is against danh920, who was apparently a hard one to get ahold of last week. i just sent him a PM here, a PM on the CAGHL site, and a friend request on XBL, so hopefully i can get a game played with him this week.[/quote]

let me know if you dont here from him in a few days and I will find a more reliable replacement.

rawr i'm playing this game every night by myself rawr, i want to join this league i'm usually a redwings diehard fan but i'll accept anything at this point

Give the "non-players" this week. If they still don't show, bring in Maynard.

BTW, Maynard, your sig pic/avatar have to be the best on this site.

i play montreal next and it looks like they lost by forfeit last game, maybe if im lucky we can play. Are the owners that arent playing going to be replaced or is a new league going to start instead?

bread's done
Back