CAG ESPN NHL 2k5 (Xbox) online league - PLAY YOUR GAMES BY 10/14

[quote name='bkrobson']i play montreal next and it looks like they lost by forfeit last game, maybe if im lucky we can play. Are the owners that arent playing going to be replaced or is a new league going to start instead?[/quote]
Montreal and Nashville will be replaced this evening.

That's right the Predators are coming for ya BigMes. :) Actually, I probably shoulda picked Montreal since they are better, but the Predators had a cooler logo.

Where do you guys try to keep most of the game setup stuff at?

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']That's right the Predators are coming for ya BigMes. :) Actually, I probably shoulda picked Montreal since they are better, but the Predators had a cooler logo.

Where do you guys try to keep most of the game setup stuff at?[/quote]

Check the first post in this thread.

I leave everything as default. I not sure but I think the adim has control of the basic gameplay setup, but you can mess around with your team setup. When can you play Matt let me know. I always Jam with you anyways so I figure It will not be difficult to get the game going.

Matt you also need to dump the old football league and get the new one started up.

Lets go Bears!

Go Senators!

I'll catch you later :D

Buffalo, Washington, and Florida are available for a new owner who can commit to playing one game a week.
PM me if you are interested.

[quote name='CheapyD']Buffalo, Washington, and Florida are available for a new owner who can commit to playing one game a week.
PM me if you are interested.[/quote]

Whoever takes Washington, PM me since I'm playing you this week.

anyone know the GAG username of Atlanta: DavidM ? I've gotten no response using the ESPN PM and want to give him a PM over CAG.

wow outraged at pathetic players on NHL 2k5 outside of us guys. I think we're the only respectable person's on ESPN. I join games and i just learned about an exploit. If you set the difficulty to amatuer and play a game it's possible to do a single move and get a goal everytime, i just played a game against avsfan9090 and he had 6 goals in the first minute of play. Truly pathetic i dropped from the game and reported him as a cheater, and i've emailed espn about it. That is the second time this has happened to me, and i know its not your guys fault but i had to rant to someone and unfortunately you guys are it :( rawr i'm done good game today bkrobson even though i threw my controller across the room because you DIDN"T GET CALLED FOR SLASHING ME! :p

Heres an idea, don't play at Amateur difficulty.

Its not an exploit, its just that Amateur is increadibly easy. Play at least on Pro difficulty.

[quote name='dafoomie']Heres an idea, don't play at Amateur difficulty.

Its not an exploit, its just that Amateur is increadibly easy. Play at least on Pro difficulty.[/quote]

pro is incredibly easy also. i recommend that you check out the stats of who you are playing, if they average more than 5 gpg, dont play them, it wont be good hockey.

[quote name='Maynard']wow outraged at pathetic players on NHL 2k5 outside of us guys. I think we're the only respectable person's on ESPN. I join games and i just learned about an exploit. If you set the difficulty to amatuer and play a game it's possible to do a single move and get a goal everytime, i just played a game against avsfan9090 and he had 6 goals in the first minute of play. Truly pathetic i dropped from the game and reported him as a cheater, and i've emailed espn about it. That is the second time this has happened to me, and i know its not your guys fault but i had to rant to someone and unfortunately you guys are it :( rawr i'm done good game today bkrobson even though i threw my controller across the room because you DIDN"T GET CALLED FOR SLASHING ME! :p[/quote]

on amatuer difficulty, there are two types of players, people that really suck and people that like to play high schoring arcadey-type games. i'll play on amatuer every now and then, but usually it will be an unranked game, since the score would always total more than 20 goals. plus, i'm pretty sure that "avsfan9090" is the person that is always ranked #1 and played something like 100 games with no defeats.

even more exciting is the notion that if someone keeps doing the same move, DEFEND IT. it's not cheating if the game allows him to do it.

[quote="thatstoobad"

even more exciting is the notion that if someone keeps doing the same move, DEFEND IT. it's not cheating if the game allows him to do it.[/quote]

how does that make a game fun? defending the same move everytime? its repetative and quite annoying, i do agree that you should never play on anything less than all star online- except of course this leauge- but there needs to be a serious revamping of online gaming. little glitch hos get the dills.

[quote name='Maynard']wow outraged at pathetic players on NHL 2k5 outside of us guys. I think we're the only respectable person's on ESPN. I join games and i just learned about an exploit. If you set the difficulty to amatuer and play a game it's possible to do a single move and get a goal everytime, i just played a game against avsfan9090 and he had 6 goals in the first minute of play. Truly pathetic i dropped from the game and reported him as a cheater, and i've emailed espn about it. That is the second time this has happened to me, and i know its not your guys fault but i had to rant to someone and unfortunately you guys are it :( rawr i'm done good game today bkrobson even though i threw my controller across the room because you DIDN"T GET CALLED FOR SLASHING ME! :p[/quote]

That guy was ranked number 5 before the stat reset, and he has one hell of a bad rep. He only faces people with records worse than him. I had a solid record before the reset and he always refused my challenge. After the stat reset and he was 11-0 and I was 0-0, he challenged me. See my point?

Still looking for players to replace Buffalo, Washington, and Florida.
Come on, surely some of you guys have friends who can join us!

[quote name='CheapyD']Still looking for players to replace Buffalo, Washington, and Florida.
Come on, surely some of you guys have friends who can join us![/quote]

did you actually drop the person playing as buffalo, or are you just planning to if someone else wants to play? the reason i ask is because me and the buffalo player have tentative plans to play tomorrow afternoon at 3 PM, so i'm kind of hoping that he isn't dropped yet.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']how does that make a game fun? defending the same move everytime? its repetative and quite annoying, i do agree that you should never play on anything less than all star online- except of course this leauge- but there needs to be a serious revamping of online gaming. little glitch hos get the dills.[/quote]

don't get me wrong, i wasn't trying to say it was fun or ok or anything, it's just that using the same move isn't "cheating" so much as lame. people are stupid, but you can't deny it's enjoyable to crush the soul of some lame kid who is probably like 15 and thinks he's really good at the game by using that one move, and celebrates every goal by playing a song by ashley simpson and touching himself, in a punk rock sort of way.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='CheapyD']Still looking for players to replace Buffalo, Washington, and Florida.
Come on, surely some of you guys have friends who can join us![/quote]

did you actually drop the person playing as buffalo, or are you just planning to if someone else wants to play? [/quote]

No, I didn't drop him. I won't drop him now that I know he is in communicado.

If people try and swoop down and across the goalie all the time i usuall just hang out by the goalie on defense then kneel in their path... that seems to work very well.... are you sure i slashed you, or was it a dive? :D

damn- i think the name was chad321 or something, but this dude should not be played with. it was ill. i had four goals on 12 shots. why you ask? dude must have never played hockey in his life...the reason i only had 12 shots though was because he would hover back with one of his wings, therefore leaving three guys infront of the net every time down- then he woudl hold the left trigger and just flop the stick back and forth- if the shot doesnt (or cant) hit the goalie it doesnt count. never the less, he would pass to his center, let the computer take over and the computer scored six goals. unbelieveable. this dude was such a weenie. it was on all star no less.

Anyone else having problems sigining into their league webpages? I'm signed into my Passport account on other sites, but it won't work with ESPN. I click Sign In, but I just stay on the same window.

CheapyD,

I'm not sure what happened to our game. I was up 1-0 with 7:46 left in the 3rd when we got the error message cancelling our game. Two tries later, I got a black screen saying "wait for opponent" and the timer reached zero, which gave me a 0-0 win. Is there any way we can replay our game with 7:46 left in the third with me up 1-0 like it was?

So did anyone ever hear from Pootie Thang during the first week? I sent him a PM on Wednesday about our game but never got a response. Oh well, hopefully I'll get to actually play a game one of these weeks... :)

[quote name='seebelow']So did anyone ever hear from Pootie Thang during the first week? I sent him a PM on Wednesday about our game but never got a response. Oh well, hopefully I'll get to actually play a game one of these weeks... :)[/quote]

send a friend request on to him on XBL. he's on my friends list, and i've noticed that he's online often, though it seems that he's usually playing nfl 2k5.

He's always on AIM (Pootie Thang Rawr).

By the by, anyone else having problems with signing into the league sites? I've got it bookmarked, but that just takes me to the sign in page now. I click sign in, but nothing happens. I just stay at that page.

[quote name='CheapyD']Buffalo, Washington, and Florida are available for a new owner who can commit to playing one game a week.
PM me if you are interested.[/quote]

^^ That's what led me to think that you were filling that slot already. I haven't heard a peep from the guy that is currently Washington. PMed him here and on the ESPN website. This is also a guy that got simmed for a loss in week 1.

[quote name='Gojtron']Sorry I missed our game, I had vehicle issues yesterday and couldn't find anyone to fix it quickly.[/quote]

That's no big deal, if we can still get our game in just let me know.
When is the deadline for this week anyway, is it today??

SJ41, I need to know when you want to get our game going. I asked you in the other topic we posted in and I sent you a message on XBL but never got a reply. Let me know.

come ON guys we're video gamers right! LETS FREAKIN ROLE i want to play some damn hockey it shouldn't be this effen difficult! :eek:

peace

:shock:

so, since there's only an hour left to play your games by the end of 10/14, and there's still 6 games that need to be played, what are we going to do? just the same thing as last week?

What's going to happen to the league? CheapyD do you have plans?

are we dropping to 12 teams?

aaahhhh so many questions :lol:

[quote name='thatstoobad']so, since there's only an hour left to play your games by the end of 10/14, and there's still 6 games that need to be played, what are we going to do? just the same thing as last week?[/quote]I'm going to play my game tomorrow if possible. If not, than I guess I'm out of the league. :(

Hey, what would it take to get Don Sweeney off you? He was my favorite player. Maybe if you made a trade, you'll look active :p

I think if you're honestly making the effort that you won't get bounced out, it would probably take more effort to do that than to keep you anyway.

[quote name='dafoomie']Hey, what would it take to get Don Sweeney off you? He was my favorite player. Maybe if you made a trade, you'll look active :p

I think if you're honestly making the effort that you won't get bounced out, it would probably take more effort to do that than to keep you anyway.[/quote]I'm open to trading alot of my players, so we can talk tomorrow about trades if anyone is interested. :)

And I'll try to be as active as possible. My opponent was ready today, but I was extremely busy and I'm doing homework right now. Tomorrow is Friday, so I'll have plenty of time to play my game. :)

[quote name='dafoomie']Great, their league is full... Thanks a lot guys.[/quote]

Forget what i've said! see you there dude!

bread's done
Back