CAG ESPN Tournament Pick'em (Free!)

Maizrim

CAGiversary!
I thought I'd go ahead and create one for CAG since I haven't seen one posted yet. (Guys at Fark always do this as well)

Go here and join/sign in:

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/frontpage
(It's FREE - but I would use a crap email account because of spam)

Group: CAG Stinky Brackets
Password: cheapyd

Not sure what the limit is - but I've seen upwards of 150 people in one group.

Actually, I thought about it but couldn't think of anything good to give to the winner.

Maybe some of us could chip in something to make it worth everyone's time.

I know that would make the games even more exciting to watch.

(It would not be money - so technically not gambling, right?)

As for myself, I have plenty of books (Sci-Fi and Fantasy) I could put up.

[quote name='rawisjericho']I just signed up, I will do my picks later tonight[/quote]

Thanks for joining the group - so far we have 16 entries.

Shadyville Shady
cheezhead430 cheezhead430
Dolphay Jones Entry 1
Louisiana jer0009
Twin Cities gameguy22006
MoVal Mattitude
Madison rynomite6489
FREEPOrT Jobbercho
Bay Area ninjaZ
indy evilmojo
Green Entry 1
THE SHIZNIT
CSideGamer RandomPicks
ZVille BLUEDEVILS13
RawisJericho
Maizrim's Maniacs

As for actually making the picks - the brackets won't be ready until this Sunday night, after the Sunday Selection special.

I'll be watching with fingers crossed hoping my Charlotte 49ers will get a 5th Seed.

Two loses last week hurt their chances, and unless they can pull off some big wins this weekend, they will probably be a 6th Seed.

EDIT: Updated the teams

[quote name='rawisjericho']I just signed up, I will do my picks later tonight[/quote] Wow, you're good. I don't even know who's in yet. :D I just signed up. I always do the espn one anyways.

[quote name='lnguyen831']I signed up, but don't know much about this. What are we supposed to do?[/quote]

After the NCAA men's conference tournaments are finished this Sunday afternoon, a committee will select a bunch of at-large bids to add to the list of conference winners. (automatic bids)

There will be 65 teams (2 teams playing each other just to get into the "Field of 64") total.

After they set up the official tournament bracket, ESPN.com will put the bracket online for us to make our picks.

If I remember correctly, it's pretty simple. Just click or drag (however they do it this year) the team you think will win each matchup.

Do this for each round and eventually pick who you think will make it to the Final Four, as well as who you believe will win it all.

Submit your bracket and the web site will do the rest.

I believe you can change your picks up until the first game, but to be honest you should always go with your first guess.

If you have the very best bracket overall, you can win some big prizes from ESPN.

In our group - you will win supreme bragging rights until next year.

If nothing else, it is a lot of fun - you can even compare your scores to those who pull for the same teams. (It asks you who your affiliates are when you sign up - I'm in the Cleveland Indians and Charlotte 49ers Affiliate Groups)

HTH

[quote name='greendc27'][quote name='rawisjericho']I just signed up, I will do my picks later tonight[/quote] Wow, you're good. I don't even know who's in yet. :D I just signed up. I always do the espn one anyways.[/quote]

I'm guessing you can tell that I don't watch college basketball. :wink:

[quote name='rawisjericho'][quote name='greendc27'][quote name='rawisjericho']I just signed up, I will do my picks later tonight[/quote] Wow, you're good. I don't even know who's in yet. :D I just signed up. I always do the espn one anyways.[/quote]

I'm guessing you can tell that I don't watch college basketball. :wink:[/quote]
Just remember, the teams that get ranked 16th are the best, and the teams ranked 1 are the worst...Now pick accordingly.

[quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='rawisjericho'][quote name='greendc27'][quote name='rawisjericho']I just signed up, I will do my picks later tonight[/quote] Wow, you're good. I don't even know who's in yet. :D I just signed up. I always do the espn one anyways.[/quote]

I'm guessing you can tell that I don't watch college basketball. :wink:[/quote]
Just remember, the teams that get ranked 16th are the best, and the teams ranked 1 are the worst...Now pick accordingly.[/quote]

I know how it works, I won the league I was in last year :D

bump around, bump around... bump up, bump up and get down...

(finally done with my paper - can now concentrate on basketball this weekend)

I joined. Fear the MoVal Mattitude!

SPOILER: I'll probably pick my favorite teams to go all the way- my hometown University of Illinois and Wake Forest.

[quote name='Matt Young']I joined. Fear the MoVal Mattitude!

SPOILER: I'll probably pick my favorite teams to go all the way- my hometown University of Illinois and Wake Forest.[/quote]

Sounds good enough for you to do well - most of my friends live in the Raleigh/Durham area and it's just crazy this time of the year.

Most people are usually Duke or Carolina fans, but these guys went to NC State and pull for the Wolfpack. Because of these guys, I was lucky enough to see Duncan play against NC State his last year at WF.

College basketball is a lot different here than when I lived in Ohio.

Ah... well see, I grew up not too far from Champaign-Urbana, which is why I like the Illini. As for Wake Forest, I became a fan during the Tim Duncan days and still follow them. My Duncan jersey from 1997 (7th grade) actually fits me again now that I've lost weight, heh.

I just joined the league, my hometown team, the Minnesota Gophers, just beat Indiana in the Big Ten tournament today so it looks like they are going to get in.

[quote name='Matt Young']Ah... well see, I grew up not too far from Champaign-Urbana, which is why I like the Illini. As for Wake Forest, I became a fan during the Tim Duncan days and still follow them. My Duncan jersey from 1997 (7th grade) actually fits me again now that I've lost weight, heh.[/quote]

There are a bunch of current NBA players from that era of the ACC. Good times, good times.

I remember Gary Williams getting soooo mad at us for yelling at him, that he turned around and flipped us off. This was well before NC State moved into the new RBC Center.

Btw, the Wolfpack just finished wupping up on a Chris "Nutshot" Paul-less WF team. Sorry 'bout that. :p

A UNCC fan, eh?

NC State grad here. Hate that you guys'll have to go back home so quickly. *g*

And thanks to that smack-talk, I've just guaranteed my team's early departure.

Yeah, UNCC alum here.

But I have a bunch of NCSU grads coming to Charlotte to watch the game at my house tomorrow.

Should be a good one - we beat you guys by 20 the last time we met in Raleigh in 2000.

(That was Rodney White's only year with UNCC before he went on to the NBA to become a Jim Jackson like player who gets traded every year)

I wish we were playing Wake or UNC because I actually like State when compared to Carolina or Wake Forest.

My wife graduated from ECU, so we hate WF and UNC equally.

Congrats to me on winning. Complete results:

1 FREEPOrT Jobbercho
2 Madison rynomite6489
2 Twin Cities gameguy22006
4 Louisiana jer0009
5 MoVal Mattitude
6 Dolphay Jones Entry 1
7 THE SHIZNIT
8 Green Entry 1
9 Maizrim's Maniacs
10 indy evilmojo
11 CSideGamer RandomPicks