CAG Fighter Fighting Game Matchmaking - SSFIV AE Games with Gold in June, Skullgirls Encore (free update) Out Now!

[quote name='woodcan']Sent a friend request to the CAG Fighter IV gamertag and added info to google doc.[/QUOTE]

Welcome!

I read this news about Dante on Neogaf from lowhighkang... I really hope this changes before the final build:
But he also said something is terribly wrong with Dante. As a person who could do a lot of advance BnB's on routine, he said Dante's day 1 combo proved difficult. In fact, the only combo that would land regularly with Dante was the day -50 combo. The magic series, into air magic series, killer bee, reverb shock, fireworks into million dollar.

If you relaunch after the killer bee, good luck landing the sky dance. It's not going to happen.

The bold cancel into volcano into air play into standing H, then launcher doesn't even land anymore....

Even the 'other' route, which is to launch into air juggle then prop shredder is fucked. The opponent drops faster after the prop shredder, making it much harder to land a relaunch, or even to teleport and then hammer. The hammer whiffs.

This is a really huge deal. If they wanted to knock Dante down a tier, they really just had to modify a few of his moves. The way it's looking now, he's been oversimplified, and they've unnecessarily crippled his moveset to the point of being silly. Either his normals push his opponents away, there's greater hitstun, or the opponents drop faster. Or a combination of the above. Regardless, it's too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='woodcan']Sent a friend request to the CAG Fighter IV gamertag and added info to google doc.[/QUOTE]
Added, welcome to the group!

[quote name='GuardianE']Welcome!

I read this news about Dante on Neogaf from lowhighkang... I really hope this changes before the final build:[/QUOTE]
I completely understand some of the stuff (Wolverine/Phoenix nerfs, Wesker health reduction), while other things are completely surprising. Sent can't HSF after an OTG Rocket Punch, Dante gets a bunch of nerfs, but Ammy & Zero are practically untouched. I'll reserve judgement until everything plays out with the new characters.

I'm going to start working on a new UMVC3 friendly team of Wesker/Iron Man/Spencer.

Maybe it's too early to tell, I doubt they would nerf him that bad. Or maybe it's to compensate for putting vergil in the game, I've never played DMC but I'm sure they play similar?

By the way, since EVO is this weekend - let's get a CAG Fighter IRC lobby going. For those of you unfamiliar:

- Go to www.efnet.org
- Type in desired nickname
- Channel: #cagfighter

Feel free to drop in & out all weekend!

[quote name='joe2187']Maybe it's too early to tell, I doubt they would nerf him that bad. Or maybe it's to compensate for putting vergil in the game, I've never played DMC but I'm sure they play similar?[/QUOTE]

It depends on what direction they want to take with Vergil. He could either A) just use Yamato (his Katana) or B) they could use the DMC3 playable rendition where he could use Yamato (Katana), Force Edge (Broadsword), and Beowulf (Gauntlets) all at once... so sort of like Dante, except Dante has more weapons and variety.

They share a few moves, but they are by no means clones. Opposite Dante, Vergil tends to be less flashy, less brash, and more efficient. I'd expect him to have a slower, more damaging moveset than Dante... and moves with a lot of startup, but have large hitboxes that strike quickly. Basically, Dante's supposed to have the long, drawn out combos. Vergil's supposed to be the one that will take you out before you know what's going on.

As for Dante, I'm not going to drop him. Like ever. DMC3 is one of my favorite games of all time. But it's kind of sad. I'd rather have seen more focused nerfs than just general combo crippling.

Dante and Vergil are pretty similar in the skill set but as guardian said he has yamato which is pretty much his best weapon and has swords as projectiles

if you got spare time pretty cool combo video from DMC to show what vergil can do
[youtube]3T_RdUPNg6k[/youtube]

Tattoo fail

sftat.jpg

Hey dudes. Sorry I've been out of it for so long. Shit's been crazy at the studio.

Gonna try to be on a bit more from now on. Started playing some AE too, so if I see you guys on, I'll be sure to hop in.

GGs to everyone last night. Lots of great games! Everything was really close, which makes for exciting matches.

Hopefully I'll see a lot of you in the CAG EVO chat this weekend.

[quote name='GuardianE']I can't get the IRC channel to work in my browser for some reason.[/QUOTE]
:cry:

Try another. As long as bs is not mod, he's mean D:.

EDIT: Top 32 about to start, join in guys!

41k viewers for top 32...

didn't finals last year just have 40k? Either way hella awesome weekend. Got laptop streaming MLG Anaheim starcraft2 on the bigscreen and AE on the comp

team spooky has been awesome but the only issue i had when it started was ustream. why?! Everyone uses justin.tv and teevox to view multiple streams...I guess maybe because g4 and other sights have the ustream player embedded...just seems like justin.tv is a better service & quality player.

Wow wolf got dominated by Fuudo

Winners: Daigo (yun) vs Poongko (seth); Latif (Viper) vs Fuudo (Fei) [japan vs korea; america vs japan]

Every top 32 match last night was hype. Unfortunately I had to get up this morning for work, so I didn't see everything. As exciting as last year was, this has been even better so far. See you guys in the chat later today.

Oh and Guardian, I believe this is what you're looking for:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/30/new-strategy-guide-umvc3-works-character-changes/

LOL, Pheonix health nerf. RIP Pheonix.

On the plus side, Wesker gets some sort of speed boost with his sunglasses :cool:.

wesker GETS FASTER!????????????????????????????//

fuck YOU!

Also, for anyone Interested they announced this yesterday

kofxiii_faithful_cdreveal_crop.jpg

[quote name='MtlTom']Every top 32 match last night was hype. Unfortunately I had to get up this morning for work, so I didn't see everything. As exciting as last year was, this has been even better so far. See you guys in the chat later today.

Oh and Guardian, I believe this is what you're looking for:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/30/new-strategy-guide-umvc3-works-character-changes/

LOL, Pheonix health nerf. RIP Pheonix.

On the plus side, Wesker gets some sort of speed boost with his sunglasses :cool:.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that last night (early this morning). Looks like the speed boost is a taunt mechanic where Wesker throws his sunglasses at his opponent? Finally a use for OTG-> assist -> taunt.

[quote name='joe2187']Also, for anyone Interested they announced this yesterday[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in KOFXIII. I'll pick it up, but I'd rather have Mai on my cover than Ash.

FYI, they recently confirmed that there will be no spectator mode in KOFXIII. I really don't like this bullshit trend. I hope they at least implement training mode or something while you're waiting.

Havnt played fighters in a month since im on a re5/me from start run but learned something

all the pros pretty much sit Indian style :)

Finals were so amazing last night. Just about every match was a nailbiter. I did end up watching SSF4 but I switched to my netbook & couldn't have the IRC chat & stream running.

Poongko vs Daigo was really exciting. I'm glad Poongko did well. Shoutouts to Latif for reppin the USA, taking out a lot of killers.

And Marvel speaks for itself. Would have loved to see Combofiend make it to the finals, but everyone (well maybe except Mine) really deserved that Top 8 spot. I'm glad Viscant won it though because he put in the time & it really shows. Lots of really smart play last night.

Happy to see a wide variety of characters being used on MK. After the infinite Bob vs Law matches in Tekken it was a refreshing change.

EVO's top 8 in both SSFIVAE and MvC3 were some of the most exciting matches I have ever seen. In both games, there was a huge upset won by a PERFECT (Daigo in AE; Wong in MvC3). Absolutely nuts. The competition this Evo seemed to really be on another level.

I've been reading a bit about UMvC3 changes. Apparently, Dante's double inputs have been made easier (wut?), and his Hammer is still very invincible (yay!). To do Hammer now, all you have to do is QCF+L~L. Similarly, BeeHive can be performed via DP+M~M. This will make dropped inputs nearly impossible. Not sure how I feel about that. I rarely had any issues with the double inputs except for BeeHive... and that was just due to timing. As far as other buffs go, he now has a triple jump and double airdash in Devil Trigger.

On the other hand, Dante allegedly had some hitbox nerfs on some normals... mostly vertical, his OTG timing is stricter (now impossible in some cases), and his bnb SkyDance is less reliable. Basically, we have to relearn what works and what doesn't work with Dante now.

Anyone tryna play tonight?

Edit:K, I guess Reach is the hotness today.

If there are any other beginners looking to play MK9,BBCS2,MVC3, please message me to play sometime! I want to take a break from AE, and want to play some friendly matches.

GT: Old Rasputin

[quote name='BackInBlack']Anyone tryna play tonight?

Edit:K, I guess Reach is the hotness today.

If there are any other beginners looking to play MK9,BBCS2,MVC3, please message me to play sometime! I want to take a break from AE, and want to play some friendly matches.

GT: Old Rasputin[/QUOTE]
We were knocking out a few achievables. One we finished we ended up playing Marvel. I didn't check CAG so I didn't know you were looking for games. If you see us in a party on Wed feel free to join to see what's up.

There was a little talking about playing BBCS2 next week though. Just a heads up.
------

GGs last night guys. I need to practice a little more with the new team. I'd really rather have Dorm in the middle because Dark Holes really help keep a lot of Hulk's stuff safe. I just wish he was a little faster.

EDIT: Oh, Guardian or Joe - do one of you guys mind posting that change list you were talking about from GAF?

[quote name='MtlTom']We were knocking out a few achievables. One we finished we ended up playing Marvel. I didn't check CAG so I didn't know you were looking for games. If you see us in a party on Wed feel free to join to see what's up.

There was a little talking about playing BBCS2 next week though. Just a heads up.
------

GGs last night guys. I need to practice a little more with the new team. I'd really rather have Dorm in the middle because Dark Holes really help keep a lot of Hulk's stuff safe. I just wish he was a little faster.

EDIT: Oh, Guardian or Joe - do one of you guys mind posting that change list you were talking about from GAF?[/QUOTE]

I won't paste the entire changelog here since it's pretty extensive, but here's a link:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29565096&postcount=7093

The changelog is incomplete, obviously. It gets updated as we get new information through playtesting and observations. Also, things are subject to change before the actual release. Credit to DahBomb for compiling all of this info on GAF for easy viewing.

bread's done
Back