CAG Fighter Thread XL (40) - SSF2T HD RMX / SF IV / SC IV / TKN 6 / BB / GG XXX / OMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favorite Fighting Game Right Now:
All my Neo Geo and Capcom fighters on my Xbox

Most Wanted Fighting Game of 2008:
Street Fighter 4

Preference, Stick Or Pad?:
Stick

Random Fighting Game Related Story:
I'll never forget this guy that was telling his buddy to avoid Akuma's demon rush, just jump back. My buddy jumped in with a fierce and combo'd the demon rush. It was hilarious because everyone just yelled out, "JUST JUMP BACK"

Favorite Fighting Game Quote:
I dunno, I always like the weird Engrish ones.

It's funny because if this had come out last year around SPFIIHD, I would've picked it up w/o hesitation. Now, with SFIV KOFXII, T6, and more, I'm just gonna pass.

[quote name='gunm']It's funny because if this had come out last year around SPFIIHD, I would've picked it up w/o hesitation. Now, with SFIV KOFXII, T6, and more, I'm just gonna pass.[/quote]

Half the reason I bought my 360 was for SSF2X, SF4 is just icing on the cake. :)

The fugg.... Breaksk8 and Kaba Modern in the bottom two?

Let's make this fighting game related:

Kaba Modern is AZN, so they'll go home to play Guilty Gear. Breaksk8 is white trash and they'll go home to play Mortal Kombat Trilogy. Who deserves to win? The answer is clear.

Also, I'll be back home tomorrow, so I can stop pretending I'm doing a shoryuken motion and actually do it again. West Side.

Hello! I'm new to the fighter thread so be easy on me...

Favorite fighting game right now: King of Fighters XI

Preference: I don't really have one. A few years ago I'd have said stick, but been using pad a lot lately due to me being too cheap to buy a stick. So I've kind of gotten used to it.

Favorite fighting game quote: "Buster Wolf!"

Random fighting game related story: Despite all my friends being into Street Fighter, I became a SNK fan. Played Fatal Fury and KoF like it was my job. So I never got big into SF. I do enjoy 3S though. Even if I hate the way all the characters look...

Most Wanted fighting game of 2008: King of Fighters XII and Soul Calibur IV

Aw man, I saw "I'm new to the fighting thread," and I was like "hell yeah, now I can make fun of this guy's opinions." But KOF XI is a good choice.

[quote name='Chacrana']Aw man, I saw "I'm new to the fighting thread," and I was like "hell yeah, now I can make fun of this guy's opinions." But KOF XI is a good choice.[/quote]

What the fuck?

Chacrana shows some sympathy?

When is SC4?
Anyone hear anything?

Also Brawl is alot of fun, even though its not the most in depth fighter.

Favourite Fighter Right Now: Tekken 5: DR (but I've been assaulting my backlog so I haven't played any fighters for a while)
Most Wanted of 08: Tekken 6 no contest. Cuz theres no DOA5.
Stick or Pad: Stick, even though I'm still adapting
Fighting Game Related Story: I used to think violently mashing buttons= ULTIMATE SUCCESS

[quote name='Chacrana']Aw man, I saw "I'm new to the fighting thread," and I was like "hell yeah, now I can make fun of this guy's opinions." But KOF XI is a good choice.[/quote]
Don't worry, you can still make fun of me.

Is that World Heroes collection worth it? I remember playing the first 2 games when I was younger and thinking they were ok, but I have a feeling they probably didn't age well at all.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I'm only changing my avatar cause I feel bad for you, Chac.[/QUOTE]

You a dyke.

And Rei, I personally don't think it's worth it, but I've never been a huge fan of the World Heroes series. Honestly, there is far better stuff out there, and even though the collection's dirt cheap, I'd still rather save that money for a better fighter.

[quote name='kristianator']Preference, Stick Or Pad?: arcade stick, but i think i'm one of the few that prefer bat-top[/QUOTE]

I prefer bat-top also. My new 360 stick is going to be a bat-top. I should have it built this weekend, but I don't have any paint. I was going to paint it white, but that will have to wait.

I played a little of Brawl at GS today. I couldn't get a true impression of it since I had to use the remote and "Nunchuck." What a stupid ass name. It was OK, but I'm not too big of a fan of Smash.

Unless you're a die hard WH fan (like me) then pass.

And I guess Kabba Modern was too one dimensional?

Anyway, I'm not following that show closely...just let me know when Jabbawokeez win.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Is that World Heroes collection worth it? I remember playing the first 2 games when I was younger and thinking they were ok, but I have a feeling they probably didn't age well at all.[/QUOTE]

I think it's well worth it. World Heroes 2 Jet is the shitznit.

(I have WH2 Jet for my Neo Cab and it's awesome, I love that goddamn game.)

Also, am I the only one that thought that video didn't look bad? Ryu looked a little cheesy when he wasn't moving (because he moved so much) but other than that that video looked great. Cannot wait.

Haven't been posting in the fighter thread enough - I've been hella busy with all my school related shit. Looking forward to posting more in the future, and making fun of Rolento even more. Let's get a Gears night going soon.

[quote name='jimfoley16']

Also, am I the only one that thought that video didn't look bad? Ryu looked a little cheesy when he wasn't moving (because he moved so much) but other than that that video looked great. Cannot wait.

Haven't been posting in the fighter thread enough - I've been hella busy with all my school related shit. Looking forward to posting more in the future, and making fun of Rolento even more. Let's get a Gears night going soon.[/QUOTE]

I no longer have Gears :( I will get gears 2 though so all people on my team can receive "WTF" emotions.

We need a new social random shit talk game to play. In roughly a month I see that game being GTAIV since it'll have a nice online multiplayer mode :)

As for the SFIIHD vid, it's not bad, it just means I need to get use to it. It's like watching SFIII animations with nice sprites, and then watching SFIIHD with even better sprites but choppy animation >_<

I know it's alot smoother though if not played in turbo, but who dosn't play in turbo?

Son of a bitch... there is so much news I wish I could leak, but this time they can trace it to me.

Sons of bitches.

lol.

I dont leak.
You can whisper that shit to me, ya know............

Also Crimson Viper From SF4 looks like a Female Version of Travis Touchdown.
SF474.jpg

SF473.jpg

[quote name='MarkMan']Son of a bitch... there is so much news I wish I could leak, but this time they can trace it to me.

Sons of bitches.

lol.[/QUOTE]

Man, with all the info I've gotten in the last few weeks, I really don't feel the need to hear any leaks for a while. I feel like I know so much, and I like that feeling.

Either way, the most relevant info to me now is just simple stuff like "don't import." Because I will unless I hear that.

Aaanyway, today I've got my last test before I'm off for a while. When I get home, I'm gonna pick up Brawl, and my DJ Turntable controller should be there so I can finally play some Beatoff Mania IIDX 9th and enjoy it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Good News for us US kids!!!!

There will be a King of Fighters XII US location test at Family Fun Arcade.... :)[/QUOTE]lol what the hell, ppl at FFA dont even play that shyt.

they should test it at Arcade Infinity, hella taiwanese kids all over that game man..

and yeay man Kaba came weak, I thought they were gonna lose until I saw old dood land his hand on his friend when he flipped over him.

the judges aint even point that out too! had Bsk8 not been bottom 2 they prolly woulda hella criticized it, but when you're bottom 2 you lay off the harshness it seems.

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

what's up guys, how's it going? I got brawl the other day and decided to post back here wiht my code, so add me if you want. keep in mind that I'm not all that great, but competition is competition.

friend code :
gigan 5241-1570-3122

MM im making a trip to beat you up, take your SFIV arcade cabinet, eat your foods, and step 4. PROFIT.

I kid, I kid. Seriosuly that is beyond awesome man.

yeah man, I've eben tryign to finish up on school. I've got an associates in science now, but i know i can do better. I took the day off of work today to just relax

[quote name='gigan54']yeah man, I've eben tryign to finish up on school. I've got an associates in science now, but i know i can do better. I took the day off of work today to just relax[/QUOTE]

omg it's gigan!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PDuqk_DSMw[/media]

[quote name='MarkMan']
ARC Street Fighter IV JPN
Preorder: US$2590.00/each

In for 1.

Preorder available at www.ncsx.com
[/QUOTE]
That's awesome. I have the money, but I don't really want SFIV. Now if you see a KoFXII one I'd definitely be in for one of those!

I just saw this picture on kotaku.

2331219473_83c6d629e6.jpg

I'm so ready for some SSF2T HD Remix. I'm about to have a custom stick made for me here shortly from someone on the SRK forums. Will most of you be downloading HD Remix on the 360 or PS3?

Played Smash online for the first time today("Against Anybody"). Played about 5 matches and they were all kinda laggy. Hopefully that isn't the norm.

Here's my friend code.

Jim/ 3050-7267-2235

Just let me know if you add me. I'd like to get some games in with some fellow CAGs.

[quote name='jimfoley16']
Here's my friend code.

Jim/ 3050-7267-2235

Just let me know if you add me. I'd like to get some games in with some fellow CAGs.[/QUOTE]

Added your friend code foo.

Booya

[quote name='MarkMan']
ARC Street Fighter IV JPN
Preorder: US$2590.00/each

In for 1.

Preorder available at www.ncsx.com
[/QUOTE]

Nice. Since it's due to ship on August 20th, when will it hit consoles? Sometime this year, I hope.

I added B:L, Asian, SmallWind and Rodimus in Smash. I'll add everyone else from the thread next time I was on, I got sick of typing numbers in.

Hate Friend Codes.

Added Jim and B:L.

Updated the FT friend codes.

Fighters Thread Brawl Friend Codes
CAG - B:L
2105-8304-4709

CAG - Apossum
1032-0890-1754

CAG - Rodimus Donut
4296-2639-2154 / JareD

CAG - Small Wind
0001-2977-6806

CAG - asianxcore
3265-4742-2106

CAG - Mr.Beef
4081-5169-7703

CAG - JEKKI
4296-2695-2997

CAG - simplygriff
0087-2014-4891 / SMPLG

CAG - gigan
5241-1570-3122

CAG - JimFoley
3050-7267-2235 / JIm

Me and Smallwind are playing now, other CAGs get on and play!

AIM me at KillJimFoley to set everything up

Edit:

We just finished playing, GG's Smallwind. You're pretty good with Zelda. Looking forward to playing with more CAGs soon.

Damn, I'm done with Brawl for the night. I entered an online ladder that's sponsored by MLG, and I had some good games with a scary-good Olimar and Game & Watch.

It's weird not having Brawl. I wonder how many CAGs have this game overall? I can probably count the number of folks I know who don't have it on one hand it seems like. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back