CAG Fighter Thread XL (40) - SSF2T HD RMX / SF IV / SC IV / TKN 6 / BB / GG XXX / OMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='heavyd853']I don't have it, but only because I don't have a wii.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I may not be a huge Smash fan, but I'd buy it if I had a Wii. I do know somebody with a Wii and Brawl though, so I'll get some good hands-on time soon.

I played so many random games with my lil' brother tonight...

Super Street Fighter II TURBO on Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2 (PS2)
Tekken 5.0 (PS2)
Sunset Riders (SNES)
Double Dragon Returns (SFC)
Super Mario Bros. - The Lost Levels on Super Mario All-Stars (SNES)

Good times...

When using Bryan Fury today in Tekken I landed his taunt to f,b+2 in a match... ^_^

[quote name='gunm']It's weird not having Brawl. I wonder how many CAGs have this game overall? I can probably count the number of folks I know who don't have it on one hand it seems like. :p[/QUOTE]
I don't have it, and I'll probably never own it. Maybe in the far future if it ever becomes cheap. I don't like the Nintendo characters, so the game has no appeal for me.

[quote name='MarkMan']I played so many random games with my lil' brother tonight...

Super Street Fighter II TURBO on Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2 (PS2)
Tekken 5.0 (PS2)
Sunset Riders (SNES)
Double Dragon Returns (SFC)
Super Mario Bros. - The Lost Levels on Super Mario All-Stars (SNES)

Good times...

When using Bryan Fury today in Tekken I landed his taunt to f,b+2 in a match... ^_^[/QUOTE]

damn, nice. I never could get into using the taunt with bryan when I started playing higher level plays... that's mainly why he never became my main.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']damn, nice. I never could get into using the taunt with bryan when I started playing higher level plays... that's mainly why he never became my main.[/quote]

Takes some getting used to/practice.

Also depends on how you use the taunt.

There are certain situations where a taunt would be guaranteed on hit/block...

Also some people hit all 3 simultaneously... some people buffer... I do a mix of both, I'm weird.

Anyone else have experience with Bryan's taunt game? I usually hold 3+4, then tap one and cancel with f or b... but then if I want a single one I'll hit all three.

[quote name='MarkMan']shrug... I hope soon.

Here's some awesome Tekken 6 matches...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OKjsEFj2j_o

The Feng Wei player is Yuu of NO RESPECT... He's one of Japan's top players (Kanto Region).

The Dragunov player in this vid is fuckin AWESOME (this one's for you RR!)...[/QUOTE]

Wow... thank you so much MM. You don't realize how happy that makes me. I was starting to get pissed that I haven't seen any good Dragunov players... :(

The guy in the vid is damn insane! I've never seen someone use Dragunov's special ground recovery so well (at 0:50 in the vid). wow... fuck. damn that was a good fight.

ggs small wind sorry abou that first match. i was using the wiimote and it totally sucked. i had to switch back to my wavebird. you've got a hella good kriby. i need to get better

the best part was when my jigglypuff had your kirby dug on the ground, and put to sleep, and i decided to put jigs to sleep too. I still missed with the critical hit. lmao. good times.

Favorite Fighting Game Right Now: Power Stone Collection PSP
Most Wanted Fighting Game of 2008: Tekken 6
Preference, Stick Or Pad?: X-Arcade (I know I know)
Random Fighting Game Related Story: I used to own a Mortal Kombat arcade cabinet that I sold with some other cabinets to build a Mame cab but never did it and now I have no arcade cabinets.
Favorite Fighting Game Quote: The sound people make when beat by me.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']
Pics:
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0803/game080313c.shtml[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the pics Rodimus. The game looks nice.

I do have to 100% agree with Chac on this one though. With so many new/great fighters coming out overseas and domestically this year, it's hard to wait out for this one.

I've said it before but the longer I wait for STHD, the less I care about it.

I'll add gigan and Jim in brawl hopefully tonight!

I kinda feel like you guys do about STHD, The janky animation( I know it's the same as the original but the original looked better...) and the wait are kinda killing the initial excitement for me. :(
-G

I think STHD is gonna feel like playing an old king of fighters game (like 94 or 95) with fancy sprites, at least compared to SF3.

Or it could also just feel like playing SF2 with fancy sprites I dunno.

Open that shit and play as sonic.

At least you can get new material for your Sonic Fanfics chac.
Those were starting to get stale.

hey FIGHTING GAMERS~!!

yo what the slut?!?!?!

what the slut guys?!?!

doods?!?!

jerks?!?!

this is JEKKI!!

JEKKI!

JEKKI u understand JEKKI?!?!?!

check it out,

I got dat shyt for yall.

dat sheeeeeeeeeeeyit~~~

u kno that?!?!

that's dat sheeeeeeeeeeeyit~~~

ayo...

check THESE out:

http://www.meatbun.us/catalog/produ...id=30&osCsid=24ac5c149e6a9df510e92a92c24bd0ca
http://www.meatbun.us/catalog/produ...id=29&osCsid=24ac5c149e6a9df510e92a92c24bd0ca

man $30 aint shyt to me u kno?!?!

dood, I stay fresh to death.

FRESH TO DEATH!!

Ridicilously close to buying that shirt. Anyone know what size their shirts generally run? I'm right between a medium and a large. If they're small mediums, I'll order a large.

Please help ASAP, that'd be great. Thanks!

nevermind found this. copy and paste in case anyone else finds it helpful

Sizing
Our shirts on 100% combed cotton, and made in the USA. They’re super soft, have a flattering cut, and aren’t bulky and heavy like other tees. They tend to run a tad slimmer than some other tees, so if you’re not sure what size to get or if you’re in-between sizes, you may want to order the next size larger.

33.16 isn't TO hard to swallow for a T-Shirt

_>
>_

[quote name='akilshohen']Is Amy an assist trophy? I've heard she is, but I haven't seen anything that says she is.[/quote]

No she's not. Shadow is the only Assist Trophy from the Sonic series. But there is an "Amy Trophy" to unlock. Maybe someone got confused.

-- 3rd Strike (I suck at the game but that doesn't stop me from loving it. It's like loving a girl that doesn't put out.)

-- SF IV and SSFT Remix (Both will be good games that will absorb way too many hours)

-- Saturn pad

-- I used to love watching this one guy at my old arcade in Glendale, CA. He'd destroy people at SFII even with a lit cigarette dangling from his lip. I don't know how he even saw the screen but he was an arcade hero for a couple months. I haven't heard from him for over a decade but he's one of those guys that was absolutely awesome at something that didn't pay anything. He'd roll up in an old rusty bike and smoke those filterless Camels that they sell in Mexico but he could destroy anyone at anytime with any character. Good times.

-- "Hadoken!"

[quote name='gunm']Ach, that shirt has too much words. I like readin' an all, but not on my clothes--it's a fashion don't! :nottalking:[/QUOTE]dui, wo ye.

but I think it's OK this time coz there's other things going on,

I jus hate shirts with words when theyre trying to make a mother freakin statement or something.

like "I like weiners" or "My emo is better than your emo" or shyt like that...

I mean... I want that Type or Die shirt too!!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']not when 90% of my clothes are either home made or under $5 :)

it's cheap being an artist, but expensive making art.

those shirts are really nice though.

also, MM, I still hav eyet to get KoFXI... KoFXII is distracting me alot though.[/QUOTE]do u make shirts with Iron On + t shirts?!?!

what Iron On do u recommend?? a lot of the ones I got off ebay look like crap... I wanna make a Phoenix Wright shirt!!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I'm really surprised none of the KOF games have made it onto the PSP. Is Sony pulling the same shit they did with the PS2?[/quote]

They let Capcom get away with it on SFA3 & Darkstalkers. I'm guessing it's SNK/P's fault for not getting on the PSP boat.

wow... It's never really stuck me for a while, but it's amazing at how close namco got Tekken DR on the PSP as it should be.

The PSP is definitely underrated. Tekken DR is probably the second best looking portable game out there in 3d (first is GoW:COO, though I care not to play it). Actually, I still remember playing twisted metal online on PSP launch day and my brain collapsed. All I could think was "WoW! Shit! I'm playing a full on 3d working damn good game and online all on a portable!" took me a while to comprehend.

I say all this because I picked up Tekken DR again on my PSP and I just can't beleive how good it feels to juggle someone or Mach Fist while on the bus.

though, I do play portables more than home consoles.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wow... It's never really stuck me for a while, but it's amazing at how close namco got Tekken DR on the PSP as it should be.

The PSP is definitely underrated. Tekken DR is probably the second best looking portable game out there in 3d (first is GoW:COO, though I care not to play it). Actually, I still remember playing twisted metal online on PSP launch day and my brain collapsed. All I could think was "WoW! Shit! I'm playing a full on 3d working damn good game and online all on a portable!" took me a while to comprehend.

I say all this because I picked up Tekken DR again on my PSP and I just can't beleive how good it feels to juggle someone or Mach Fist while on the bus.

though, I do play portables more than home consoles.[/QUOTE]

I hated Tekken 5 DR because from a technical standpoint, it just sucks compared to the source material. I would've much rather had it on the PS2... though it's on the PS3 now, so that made dumping the PSP version incredibly easy.

[quote name='Chacrana']I hated Tekken 5 DR because from a technical standpoint, it just sucks compared to the source material. I would've much rather had it on the PS2... though it's on the PS3 now, so that made dumping the PSP version incredibly easy.[/QUOTE]

it's still damn incredible for fitting on a portable.

In terms of technical stuff I say it's impressive. I can see gripes about changing framerates (I still don't understand this since I barely hear shit similar when talking about movies), lower graphics (expected when porting arcade to portable), and... that's all I can think of.

It's a damn mirracle the game even came to the PSP. I was expecting them just to port Tekken 3 or something.

I still want Soul Calibur on PSP... that would be sweet.

It's impressive as a tech demo, but I just don't want to play a version of the game that's far worse. It was mostly just annoying at the time because they clearly could've put the game on the PS2, but nooo, they had to get creative.

But yeah, it's a good tech demo.

[quote name='Chacrana']It's impressive as a tech demo, but I just don't want to play a version of the game that's far worse. It was mostly just annoying at the time because they clearly could've put the game on the PS2, but nooo, they had to get creative.

But yeah, it's a good tech demo.[/QUOTE]

I still disagree as a tech demo. It's the most full game out there. Yeah, it sucked at the time that it wasn't on a home console, but who gives a shit now that it's on the PS3?

It's really nice to say I can play tekken while sitting on the john.

From a game system standpoint, T5DR on the PSP was done really well. The only differences are the graphics(obviously)... But before DR on PS3 came around, I was all about the PSP version... shitty dpad and all..

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I still disagree as a tech demo. It's the most full game out there. Yeah, it sucked at the time that it wasn't on a home console, but who gives a shit now that it's on the PS3?

It's really nice to say I can play tekken while sitting on the john.[/QUOTE]

That's true - playing Tekken on the TV, then playing it on the shitter is about as good as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back