CAG Fund for Child's Play 2008 Raffle - $32,667 Raised! - Winners Posted!

I put in $10. First time for me. CAG has saved me a lot of money, definitely, though simultaneously cost me a shitload of money too, but I don't hold it against them. :)

w00t, looks like the reminder got everybody to start donating again.
As for myself, I should be able to throw another $5-10 on top of the $10 I've already donated here in a few days :)

Great to see how much this picked up in the last day. I hope that we can push sneak by the 30k goal. I'm feeling the need to chip in my 3rd $20.00!

Well i want to thank everyone for the site and thanks for giving me a chance to give. I don't post much on the forums but seeing stuff like this makes me smile and glad to be alive.

I finally put my donation in today. Also I offered up a $20 PSN card and 1600 MSP card to cheapy for the prize list!

Glad to see the number pick up so much today! Let's finish the year out strong and hit the CAG goal. Every little bit counts!

I donated $10!

One question though - how does the raffle work? Like, how does Cheapy know which CAG donated what? When I paid via PayPal, I obviously had to use my real name and credit card info. How does that register my CAG name? Or did I miss something and now have no raffle entry =(

Did I miss something? In the past two days it seems as though donations have skyrocketed? That's awesome. Is it because its the end of the month and people are getting paychecks?

[quote name='FecesBreath']I donated $10!

One question though - how does the raffle work? Like, how does Cheapy know which CAG donated what? When I paid via PayPal, I obviously had to use my real name and credit card info. How does that register my CAG name? Or did I miss something and now have no raffle entry =([/QUOTE]

I presume that if you win, they email you and ask you what your CAG username is!

Can't believe I missed this (Firefox and Adblock FTL?) I'm in as soon as I get home and can use a computer with Flash installed. As tough as times are, they are definitely tougher for someone else. Great work on organizing this Cheapy... as you can clearly see, your influence is making a difference. :D

Like I promised, I chipped in $20. Except its more like $25 because the exchange rate is fucked. Otherwise I would've done $25-30.

I also have a (sealed) prize to donate. I know its a bit late and its no Final Fantasy 7 or anything, but I'll PM Cheapy (or whatever the OP says to do).

alright cheapy, i was nice before about a week ago, i think i'll put in a good portion of my surprise bonus in this year....your plea worked

[quote name='pop311']Did I miss something? In the past two days it seems as though donations have skyrocketed? That's awesome. Is it because its the end of the month and people are getting paychecks?[/quote]

It's probably because it was stickied on the front page with a plea to donate. Most likely there were a lot of people who either didn't see it originally, or saw it and said "I'll get around to it later" and forgot. Last year it was stickied at the top of the main page, and thus was far more consistent.

I think we are on track. I have some cashback coming in the next day or two and am sending it this way.

Also excited to see marten's random box once again!

Donated $20 a week ago. Hope it makes some kids happy...

Out of curiosity, do we have to do anything to get the raffle tickets? I was not aware of this site last year so I have no experience here.

Donated today, a few weeks ago I held a charity bingo event for MDA so regardless of the contest I would have chipped in I like helping people and especially kids

Wow, front paging this thing really helped out. I think it almost doubled the amount of donors if I remember right.....awesome.

bread's done
Back