CAG Fund for Child's Play 2012 Charity Raffle: $38K+ Raised, Winners Posted!

My girlfriend just spent a week at the hospital while one of the kids at her job had back surgery -- she said they had a single PS2 chained to the wall. Just bumped our donation up to an even $100.

[quote name='PR Mega X']My girlfriend just spent a week at the hospital while one of the kids at her job had back surgery -- she said they had a single PS2 chained to the wall. Just bumped our donation up to an even $100.[/QUOTE]

More than I had when I was hospitalized. Spoiled kids!

could they get in trouble for pushing the date back.. someone could say i entered into the drawing that was to close on xxx date but they keep pushing that date back....

never win anything and really dont care to win anything was just wondering

Finally did it... times are tough... but the thought of a little kid feeling just that bit better playing a killer game... worth it!

Threw in an additional $25. Even if we don't beat the record I'm still impressed. Anyone think that a "Last Day for Raffle" announcement might help?

anything would help. It's really too bad Cheapy couldn't find time to promote as he wanted through the 2 extensions. But he meant well and CAG did our best. Almost $40K is damn good.

Just put in $50. Not much, but just got out of the hospital and have a lot of bills coming. Sure wish someone had set me up with some games while I was there. Talk about boring.

Threw in another $15, not much but I have to start watching my expenses more closely. I'll stay in this Superbowl Sunday instead.

Put my donation in. Would have put more in but my wife is going in for surgery next week, no idea what the bill for that will be.

So, when do we find out the results of the winners and as far as who we send our codes to? (I almost couldn't find this page and luckily it is in my signature so I looked that way.)

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Put my donation in. Would have put more in but my wife is going in for surgery next week, no idea what the bill for that will be.[/QUOTE]

god bless you,your wife,and both of your family as she's in surgery and what she's having for make's her better and well and also the doctor does great in the surgery

[quote name='Lonedrifter1989']So, when do we find out the results of the winners and as far as who we send our codes to? (I almost couldn't find this page and luckily it is in my signature so I looked that way.)[/QUOTE]

It usually takes Cheapy awhile to get the data together. I would expect a couple weeks at least.

[quote name='jayntampa']It usually takes Cheapy awhile to get the data together. I would expect a couple weeks at least.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I wasn't sure how easy or difficult it is, like if our donations went into a program that randomly selected us. I just want to make sure the winners get their prizes from me, & best of luck to any of us winning prizes. I know that Amazon Gift Card would be really awesome!

[quote name='Lonedrifter1989']Okay, I wasn't sure how easy or difficult it is, like if our donations went into a program that randomly selected us. I just want to make sure the winners get their prizes from me, & best of luck to any of us winning prizes. I know that Amazon Gift Card would be really awesome![/QUOTE]

I don't think it's just randomly picking names out of a spreadsheet. I might be wrong, but I think this raffle (or at-least the drawing) is actually conducted by a bonded third party (accounting firm or something). When their dealing with this many prizes and this much money I'm sure Cheapy will make sure his drawings are 100% legal and legit. Long story short, it will take a while but I would not be too worried about your prizes not getting to the correct winners.

[quote name='donssword']I threw in a couple of bills. Hope it brings some needy kids a little distraction in tough times.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they need your bills :lol:

[quote name='slidecage']question if you win a prize can you toss it back or do you have to take it... like is there any runners up.[/QUOTE]

I can just see it now

CheapyD Brady: Ok, you have the $20 PSN Gift Card, now you can take it......or trade it in for what's behind door number 3 where Inexpensive Ann is standing

*Audience yells suggestion*

Contestant: I'll take Door Number 3

Announcer: you win..........a donkey *cue Let's Make a Deal Zonk cue"

(Couldn't resist)

"I'll take the box, Kuni!"

:lifts box:

"Nothing! Absolutely nothing! You so stupid Weaver!"

I love UHF.

I just spent a few days in the hospital and it would of sucked even more without my PSPGo and cell phone for games so I can imagine it being even worse for kids. My favorite charity.

[quote name='TeamSwish']"I'll take the box, Kuni!"

:lifts box:

"Nothing! Absolutely nothing! You so stupid Weaver!"

I love UHF.[/QUOTE]

Supplies!!

I'm glad someone else out there likes / even knows about UHF.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Supplies!!

I'm glad someone else out there likes / even knows about UHF.[/QUOTE]

"You get to drink from the firehose!"

(tries not to covet getting to rummage through oatmeal)

This is pretty good watermelon....tastes like poop.

Wore out my vhs copy in the 90's. Need to pick it up on dvd. Have the cd soundtrack around here somewhere.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']This is pretty good watermelon....tastes like poop.

Wore out my vhs copy in the 90's. Need to pick it up on dvd. Have the cd soundtrack around here somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Sadly we did not raise enough money to S.O.S. - Save - Our - Station

[quote name='Lonedrifter1989']How are things coming along with this?[/QUOTE]

since they didn't reach the goal all the prizes are going to the kiddies as well

[quote name='hwmusic']since they didn't reach the goal all the prizes are going to the kiddies as well[/QUOTE]

Is that true? I don't care anyway, when I donate time, money, or gifts I am donating it, anything else I get back is a nice treat, like in a raffle. However, I would like to know if that was just a joke or not, as would people who really want to win something.

[quote name='WFOAssassin']Is that true? I don't care anyway, when I donate time, money, or gifts I am donating it, anything else I get back is a nice treat, like in a raffle. However, I would like to know if that was just a joke or not, as would people who really want to win something.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's a joke.

An update would be appropriate around now. "soon" is pretty subjective and it's been 10 days since the conclusion. Even just a set date for the draw/announcement would be nice (even if it is in a week or more.

Yeah... I know, it's about the kids, but there is also a raffle and whether you believe it or not - people wouldn't have donated that much money if there wasn't a raffle.

And by the way, I have no dilusions of winning anything. I just want to see this done with.

[quote name='Stanger31']An update would be appropriate around now. "soon" is pretty subjective and it's been 10 days since the conclusion. Even just a set date for the draw/announcement would be nice (even if it is in a week or more.

Yeah... I know, it's about the kids, but there is also a raffle and whether you believe it or not - people wouldn't have donated that much money if there wasn't a raffle.

And by the way, I have no dilusions of winning anything. I just want to see this done with.[/QUOTE]

As I mentioned on an earlier post, I believe only a page back, every year this has been done, it has taken Cheapy several weeks to get the data together. It has to be compiled manually then run through a randomizer to get the winners. This is no different than prior years, I suspect. It'll happen, it just takes time.

If everyone here had listened to the most recent CAGCAST you would know that Cheapy said the results of the raffle would be published sometime this week....

[quote name='jimijumper']If everyone here had listened to the most recent CAGCAST you would know that Cheapy said the results of the raffle would be published sometime this week....[/QUOTE]
haven't listened yet, but I have it downloaded and ready to go. Just haven't had to travel yet/commute. I like to save my podcast for when I have to drive, or fly. Thanks for the info.

The winners have now been added to the OP. Thanks for your patience.

Community Prize Winners
Whomever sees the list first is free to contact the other party.
If a partial email address is listed, that means we could not find a CAG username connected with your Paypal address. The prize donor will receive the full email address so they can contact you.

Corporate Prize Winners
Winners will be contacted by either myself or the business themselves.

Even though we didn't meet our $50k goal, $38k is nothing to sneeze at. You all should be proud!

Wow. I won a few years ago a smaller prize pack, but this is really nice. I chip in each year gladly. Time to see what vgfive is all about. Thanks for running this event cheapy!

I've been donating for a few years and finally won!

It sucks we didn't hit the goal, but 38k is nothing to frown about, so congrats everyone!

bread's done
Back