CAG Fund for Child's Play: $27,345 raised! Winners posted!

Made a video with the hope of getting some of my youtube subscribers on board:
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVAFKCuF3ZA[/MEDIA]

[quote name='CheapyD']Made a video with the hope of getting some of my youtube subscribers on board:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVAFKCuF3ZA[/quote]

I believe I have uncovered a screen shot of the actual "undoctored" footage from the video.

cheapyd_drool.jpg

[quote name='abreed']Chipped in only $5, since I am a poor college student. Next year may be different.

Thanks.[/quote]

Hey all you $5 people: The average donation is still around $15 so your $5 is still a great help. Many of us were in college at some point and even the small amounts are appreciatied.

-T

I'm in for $50. Does using that link automatically enter you in the raffle? It was unclear to me. Oh well, it's the donation that counts!

Next year the goal should be $50,000 and we should start it around Thankgiving as a lot of people will come to this site for black friday deals and such.

[quote name='ananag112']Next year the goal should be $50,000 and we should start it around Thankgiving as a lot of people will come to this site for black friday deals and such.[/QUOTE]

That's good thinking. On a side note, I gave another $10 this morning. Nice vid, Cheapy!

Well, I got my Christmas bonus and it was more than expected so Child's Play gets another $100 from me.

Lets hit $20k!

[quote name='Justden']I believe I have uncovered a screen shot of the actual "undoctored" footage from the video.[/quote]
Haha, good one. That's not drool either.

Nice vid Cheapy. I'm putting in another $10, the $20k mark is looking pretty good at this rate.

Jeezus, this year is unprecedented w/all the donations, monetary and otherwise.

Big props to all participating CAGs--Cheapy will need his own Charity Organization at this rate.

It's not much, but I Chipped in $5. Nice fundraiser. Hope it's truley going to a good cause as promoted.

Happy Holidays.

I'm a bit low on cash, since I'm a college student working part time. Christmas is hell when you are broke. Anyways, I'm going to try my best to at least donate a little something. Hopefully this weekend I can scrape up $20 or something.

Anyone know which hospital this is going to? I followed the childs play link and it has hospitals in different states and countries.

In for 10.

For those that don’t know this is an AWESOME charity as I have experienced it first hand. My little 4 year old boy was diagnosed with ALL leukemia last Nov (btw he is doing GREAT) but we had to spend a few months in the hospital to get him healthy again. Before we went in, every night before he would go to bed, he and I would play Marvel UA on the 360. He LOVES Spiderman and to "beat up the fat guys" Anyway while in the hospital he wanted to play it like we had been before he would go to bed. The hospital (Children’s Mercy in KCMO) is hooked up through Child’s Play and had a 360 and M:UA on hand so my son and I could continue our bedtime tradition. Still brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it and what the CAG community is doing to help out these sick kids who REALLY need something to brighten their day. I hope this story helps those who are sitting on the face about doing it. Your money IS going to where it is needed!!!

[quote name='MrX']In for 10.

For those that don’t know this is an AWESOME charity as I have experienced it first hand. My little 4 year old boy was diagnosed with ALL leukemia last Nov (btw he is doing GREAT) but we had to spend a few months in the hospital to get him healthy again. Before we went in, every night before he would go to bed, he and I would play Marvel UA on the 360. He LOVES Spiderman and to "beat up the fat guys" Anyway while in the hospital he wanted to play it like we had been before he would go to bed. The hospital (Children’s Mercy in KCMO) is hooked up through Child’s Play and had a 360 and M:UA on hand so my son and I could continue our bedtime tradition. Still brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it and what the CAG community is doing to help out these sick kids who REALLY need something to brighten their day. I hope this story helps those who are sitting on the face about doing it. Your money IS going to where it is needed!!!
[/QUOTE]

wow great story, makes it really worthwhile, let everyone keep it up

hey cheapy what happened to the video, it says it was taken down

Wow, I didn't think it was going to get this high. I wonder if cheapy could get some retailers or something to donate some prizes too for next year.... oh and to the forum members that donated prizes, that's awesome. Thanks!

At the rate this thing is going, they'll be shopping for HD sets to go along with all those PS3's and 360's and Wii's.

Oh wait...this is for games for kids right? They can scratch the PS3 off that list.

HAR HAR HAR..errr...merryxmass....

I'm so glad CheapyD decided to go with Child's Play again this year. Donating to Child's Play through CAG is starting to become an annual tradition for me now.

Yeah I'm seeing PayPal making atleast $5,000 if not more as of now.

I donated $15 and I wanna donate more as soon as I can get some money in my Paypal account. Thankfully it doesn't end before Christmas. This is really awesome. You have a chance to win a prize for helping out sick kids. It's win-win.

[quote name='MrX']In for 10.

[/quote]

Its great to think that hundreds of kids will get to take their minds of their troubles for a few hours each day thanks to all these "cheapass" cags. An amazing job, donors.

Cheapy has one of the best gaming communities on the net.

Hello Cheap Ass Gamer. Destructoid.com posted about this on the main page. Thank you for making it so easy to contribute to Child's Play. It's such an amazing charity, I'm happy to contribute my $5. I know it's not much, but every bit helps.

I'll try to come around often, this place seems right up my alley.

:applause:

just want to congratulate all fellow CAG's as well as others who have stumbled on this site from youtube or other sites. we are EASILY going to hit the 200k mark which is fantastic, it should help make a lot of sick kids smile a little more this holiday season!

Just donated, glad to make a difference. Oh and Drnick, i think you mean the 20k mark 200k is going to be hard.

You know what? I love the fact that the pound's so strong against the dollar right now - not only am I able to buy games from the US in true cheap ass fashion, it also means I can donate fifty buck like it ain't nothin'. :)

Donated $10 a while ago, but kinda-sorta-forgot to check this thread haha. Awesome idea, and thanks for setting this up! Makes donating a lot easier than doing it by yourself, you know?

[quote name='Willeth']You know what? I love the fact that the pound's so strong against the dollar right now - not only am I able to buy games from the US in true cheap ass fashion, it also means I can donate fifty buck like it ain't nothin'. :)[/quote]

This will probably be the only time in my entire life where I'm happy that the US dollar is so much weaker than the pound.

bread's done
Back