CAG Game Collections - Race to 500,000 $500 Giveaway - Winner Posted

I just added a ton more games I have, but I couldn't put them all on because all the options were filled (Ms. Pac-Man for GameBoy, etc.). I also couldn't put DragonHeart on there because it's not on the sight period (for GameBoy).

Hey Cheapy, Can you add a catagory for Neo Geo Aes games. I know there is only a few of us but hey it will help me place a good number of my games in the CAG Game Collection database.

Added all the games in my immediate vicinity, which is 185. Now I need to pull out my old Gameboy and NES games to add those.

[quote name='CheapyD']...just enter one to get into the contest. I know John was working on a way to import from other collections...[/QUOTE]
Cool...that's what I did. Will add the rest when/if an import feature is added.

[quote name='TheOtherBarber']I just added a ton more games I have, but I couldn't put them all on because all the options were filled (Ms. Pac-Man for GameBoy, etc.). I also couldn't put DragonHeart on there because it's not on the sight period (for GameBoy).[/QUOTE]

Okay, there's a workaround for the first issue. If you go to "Browse Games" and select the platform that the game is on, you can then leave the search entry blank and just pick the game from the list of games for that platform.

If a game isn't in the database, you can submit it under "Submit Game to CAG". I went ahead and added DragonHeart for you: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?do=gameinfo&gameid=19639

I added my entire collection sometime ago, but I've been having some trouble adding specific games to it. This isn't just the collection system either, but also the search bar. It only displays so many results with no option to see more, so if you add a game from a large series all the other games may take up the list without you finding the one you're looking for.

For example, this happened when I tried to add Resident Evil 0.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I added my entire collection sometime ago, but I've been having some trouble adding specific games to it. This isn't just the collection system either, but also the search bar. It only displays so many results with no option to see more, so if you add a game from a large series all the other games may take up the list without you finding the one you're looking for.

For example, this happened when I tried to add Resident Evil 0.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... Resident Evil 0 shows up in the quick search bar for me, but if you ever need more results go to Browse Games and use the Search Function at the bottom of the screen. This needs to be made more obvious, but it displays more results.

[quote name='CheapyD']There is a ton of stuff we can do with the collections. We gotta get on that.

Yeah, in the meantime...just enter one to get into the contest. I know John was working on a way to import from other collections. xycury, is your collection on another website or in a spreedsheet?[/QUOTE]

Ditto on the request for an import feature. I have over 800 games and most are in IGN's list:

http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&lid=100018&owner=jthieme&mode=vown

But I also have a local access database with them too since not all of the games I own are in IGNs database. Having the ability to import from a .csv file should work for me and I would expect most game databases would have the ability to export to a .csv.

Yeah, it's appearing in the search bar now too. Back when I first added it I don't believe it did, tho. Thanks for the tip.

Hmm I'm loving the game collection feature and the wish list and the pricing notification and just about everything. I was wondering if I'm just not seeing it or if there isn't an option at the moment to leave a quick blurb about a game.

Not quite a full review just sort of quick personal thoughts, possibly why someone gave the game a single star or why they threw down all five.

Like infinite space I want to give it a five star and its probably getting that but I sorta also want to leave a warning that its not exactly fast paced but the plot has managed to sucker punch me two or three times now, which is shamelessly awesome feat for any game to have accomplished. Or Mayhaps why I gave Skies of Arcadia a 5 for the DC but gave the GC version a paltry 4, well that and I'm just plain interested in what other CAG members though about (insert random game).

[quote name='Buuhan1']I added my entire collection sometime ago, but I've been having some trouble adding specific games to it. This isn't just the collection system either, but also the search bar. It only displays so many results with no option to see more, so if you add a game from a large series all the other games may take up the list without you finding the one you're looking for.

For example, this happened when I tried to add Resident Evil 0.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dumlaox']Is there a way to add pages when searching for games? I'm trying to add a few games (Donkey Kong, for example) and while it does show up, it's not showing the system I have it for. I'm trying to add Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong, Jr., both for the ColecoVision.
[/QUOTE] It's in the system. The problem is that there are so many versions of "Donkey Kong" you need to be a bit more specific.

Add the platform name ( example: "donkey kong coleco") of whatever game you are searching for and it will pop up to the top.

If this is as successful as I think it will be, hopefully we do it again to hit the million mark.

Is there a way to see the cag collection? There was mention of 400,000, but I'd kind of like to see how many of each game, it'd be pretty interesting.:)

Really, is there a chance in hell of winning? I know I have one of the bigger gaming collections around here so I'm not going to add the entire thing. Adding one or two will likely do me no good here.

Just the push I needed to do this. Good idea Cheapy, added a few games that i wouldn't mind selling/trading.

[quote name='shipwreck']Hmm... Resident Evil 0 shows up in the quick search bar for me, but if you ever need more results go to Browse Games and use the Search Function at the bottom of the screen. This needs to be made more obvious, but it displays more results.[/QUOTE]

When I go to Browse Games and use the Search Function at the bottom of the screen... the games come up with pages of choices- which is fantastic. HOWEVER, when adding games htis way, I cannot see what I have added already, AND it also takes off of the page to fill in more info. The quick search is vastly superior in this regard... I just wish it had the pages of choices too...

Regardless, this is a welcomed feature to CAG.

So what is the total up to now?

*edit*

Also there should be a way to move games directly from our wishlists to our collections.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I dont think its right to let the " Newer " CAGs to be entered :([/QUOTE]

Why not? Without them the CAG Game Collections wouldn't be where it is now, no?

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I dont think its right to let the " Newer " CAGs to be entered :([/QUOTE]

To me, you're newer; you've been here less than a year so you're out.

I don't think it's right to exclude ANYONE who is using the site for the functionality that the CAG crew has worked hard to implement for us. I can get behind not giving DLC codes to lurkers who don't contribute to the community, but using the site as intended should be encouraged in any way shape or form regardless of how long you've been visiting the site.

I forgot to mention this earlier,but I really love the games collection feature.Its really fun to use and I think you guys had a good idea with this! :)

[quote name='mitch079']To me, you're newer; you've been here less than a year so you're out.[/QUOTE]
:applause: Now that's funny

bread's done
Back