CAG Gaming Group - Madden 08 Tournament (Second round underway)

ThatDamnDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
The logistics of getting through an entire season as a CAG group can be tricky and while I wish that group well, I thought maybe a tournament-style bracket would have a better chance of getting a good turnout.

So, I'm going to throw my hat into the ring to run a 2008 Madden tournament. To see if we can get through all of the matches, I'm going to suggest a 16-team tournament. If there's sufficient interest, we can modify that later, but for now let's plan on 16 interested parties.

As my commission for running the tournament and keeping track, I'm going to claim one of those 16 spots. I always hate that those that happen to be on the page when a post like this is uploaded get the best teams, so I'm going to simply say that you can be any team you like, I only ask that you pick one team and stick with it for the duration of the tournament.

If you are interested, reply with your gamertag, the team you'd like to be (multiple people can choose the same team) and maybe a personal note about how you'll be dominate, misguided as that may be.

Once we have the field selected, I'll divide up matchups and give those teams a week to carry out their game. It is up to you to figure out a time that works with your opponent. Each round will be given a week and you can post your results here for all to revel in.

Best of luck all.

(Which ballsy manager is going to pick the Browns?)
Answer: The UMX

Tournament Entrants (CAGName - Xbox Live Name - Team Choice)
1. ThatDamnDave - ThatDamnDave - Denver Broncos
2. saddamizer - squadoosh - Philadelphia Eagles
3. Tanimal - m2nster - Cincinnati Bengals
4. shinryuu - awwjayzin - Buffalo Bills
5. lordwow - Wowous - New England Patriots
6. moonknight25 - Moonknight26 - Jacksonville Jaguars
7. lyric706 - lyric706 - St. Louis Rams
8. ReturnofBoltz - BostonDynasty - New England Patriots
9. mr ryles - WinnemuccaRyles - Carolina Panthers
10. hlb96 - hlb96 - New Orleans Saints
11. mrcheapo11 - hanksdreamrun12 - Pittsburgh Steelers
12. Azumangaman - Azumangaman - Minnesota Vikings
13. Walt Jay - WaltJay - Chicago Bears
14. Ultimate Matt X - Ultimate Matt X - Cleveland Browns
15. kennistond - Dmackin01 - Detroit Lions
16. y2jrevolution - Y2J - Dallas Cowboys

Alternate (Because someone will no-show, guaranteed):
1. Swift900 - swift fix - ?

First Round Matchups
(Using random.org to pick the number associated with each owner)
hanksdreamrun12 - Pittsburgh Steelers
vs.
WaltJay - Chicago Bears

hlb96 - New Orleans Saints
vs.
m2nster - Cincinnati Bengals

Azumangaman - Minnesota Vikings
vs.
Wowous - New England Patriots

ThatDamnDave - Denver Broncos
vs.
Ultimate Matt X - Cleveland Browns

Y2J - Dallas Cowboys
vs.
Dmackin01 - Detroit Lions

BostonDynasty - New England Patriots
vs.
WinnemuccaRyles - Carolina Panthers

lyric706 - St. Louis Rams
vs.
Moonknight26 - Jacksonville Jaguars

squadoosh - Philadelphia Eagles
vs.
awwjayzin - Buffalo Bills

Second Round Matchups:
squadoosh - Philadelphia Eagles
vs.
WinnemuccaRyles - Carolina Panthers

hlb96 - New Orleans Saints
vs.
Wowous - New England Patriots

For those that had first round matchups that they didn't complete. You can still go ahead and play them and if you do, you'll play someone else who didn't finish their first round match. Outside of that, this is our group going forward.

Let's see if we can't get these done by Monday, September 17th. Thanks much. If there are issues, let me know. Also, we have an alternate if someone drops out.

I haven't been playing Madden, but I'm always on my 360 so maybe this will peak my interest back into Madden. I'll takkkkeee.. the Bills. =d

awwjayzin - Buffalo Bills

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I always hate that those that happen to be on the page when a post like this is uploaded get the best teams, so I'm going to simply say that you can be any team you like, I only ask that you pick one team and stick with it for the duration of the tournament. [/quote]

I take it you mean that you can pick ANY team (even if already picked) as long as we stick with that team?

If that's the case I'd like to be the Patriots. If I mis-understood what you meant, I'll take the Chargers.

Is it possible to change sliders in multiplayer games? Of course it would probably mean the game wouold be unranked, but I'm sure nobody really cares about that. The default sliders are just horrible =p

[quote name='ReturnofBoltz']I take it you mean that you can pick ANY team (even if already picked) as long as we stick with that team?

If that's the case I'd like to be the Patriots. If I mis-understood what you meant, I'll take the Chargers.[/quote]

Yeah, anyone can pick any team, just so long as they stick to that team for the duration of the tournament.

hanksdreamrun12- Steelers
I was interested in the Patriots, but I don't want to copy another person, and it might be more fun to play as a team I like just as much

Multiple people can have the same team. We're not limiting it for the purpose of this tournament. So, Azumangaman, Broncos or Vikings?

Ultimate Matt X - Browns

Also, for those that asked I'm still planning a league. It's just moving a little slower than I'd like. I'll keep everyone updated.

Dave my XBL is actually Squadoosh so make sure you change that in the initial post so people can find me.

Also new roster update comes out tomorrow...

so all the Vick cheesers?

Today is you final day of glory.

I'll give it a shot if you don't mind. I've gamed with a few of the CAG's back in the past on Rainbow Six Vegas(R.I.P), Dave, Gomer, & etc. I'm not the best at madden and truthfully this is the first madden I've owned since 2005, but I'm a decent all around gamer, and I don't mind lossing.

If yoy happen to not find a 16th player I can get my brother to play. He's a CAG member (M Rated).

GT: bipolar LION
team: Baltomore Ravens

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Walt Jay can take the last spot over me since my post was a bit later.[/QUOTE]

TDD go ahead and let Ultimate Matt X take my spot. I'm having severe lag issues with Madden online. IDK why, my connection is decent, but when I play online I'm suffering from 1 to 1+ seconds of lag. it's like I'm playing on a controller with a low battery or worse.

Ok, looks like we have a full field and I'll fix the OP with the slate. I'll do pairings today and we'll shoot for having first round games done by the 18th?

Stay tuned.

Just going by standard ranked match rules? i think the best way to do it is have the 2 guys playing meet up in a lobby and just challenge the other to a ranked match.

And BostonDynasty if you can play today, lets get it done. I'm off work all today.

If not I'm west coast and don't get off work till 7PM, so We'll have to work in a late game.

[quote name='lordwow']Defeated Azumangaman 21-17. Good game though![/quote]
Yeah, that was fun. Sorry, I kind of talk a lot :D
Crap though, I was very close. Great game.

wow invited me as opposed to meeting in a lobby, guess we'll do that next time

[quote name='Azumangaman']
wow invited me as opposed to meeting in a lobby, guess we'll do that next time[/QUOTE]

Ah didn't know you could do that.

I didn't even know I was in this since it seemed like someone else got my spot. :)

ThatDamnDave, I can play late tomorrow or whenever Wednesday. Might even be able to play tonight if I get this paper done quick.

still haven't got mine in, me and boston dynasty are on totally different schedules. I think I was only online once at the same time he was.

Dave, sorry if I missed you, I was on yesterday some though. I'm going to be gone this weekend, but I'll be back Sunday night late. Though I might try to take the 360 with me if I can. Lag might be bad at home though.

Panthers (winnemuccaryles) - 28
Patriots (bostondynasty) - 21

Came down to a short pass over the middle to Dwayne Jarret with about 10 seconds left just trying to get myself into field goal range and call a timeout. Well he slipped the tackle and broke off running to the endzone. Left Patriots with about 3 seconds left for a final hail mary, but no luck.

And you should have seen the Amazing 1 handed TD grab by Jarret earlier in the game, it was glorious.

We'll give this until Friday, the 28th for the first round to finish. After that, the winners will play. Gotta cut it off at some point (I'm no better, I haven't found a good time with my opponent yet either, sorry UMX).

bread's done
Back