CAG Gaming Group - XBLA Tuesdays! (Next Night: 7/31!)

ThatDamnDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
The Basics
The XBLA is a very diverse, very deep set of games and CAGs have these games in bunches. To hook up some games and generally just have a night of XBLA gaming goodness, enter the CAG Xbox Live Gaming Group and XBLA Tuesdays.

What started out as just compiling a list of XBL names to help CAGs populate their friend lists has expanded into a series of themed days during the week so that those that are into their Xbox 360s can quickly and easily find CAGs to play with. The original post and list of XBL tags of CAGs that want to populate their friend lists with other CAGs is here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140358

Tuesdays are XBLA Tuesdays and each week we will talk about what games people want to play and get online with some decent people that are in it to have fun.

Logistics
Because there are many XBLA games out there to choose from, we will be simply using this night to organize groups of people by what game they want to play. That means taht we can have a Catan group going and a Carcassone group going. Many of these games top out at 4 people, so that's really all we need for a particular game to get a group going.

Each week this thread will include chit chat about various XBLA games and people saying that they're interested in playing that week. For people that show interest (or those that have historically played with us), I'll compile a list in the OP so that everyone knows everyone else that is playing and can be sure to get an invite. Piece of cake.

So, speak up with what you're interested in playing on Tuesday and we'll keep track as we go along. Mark Tuesdays on your calendar as a day to get some multiplayer action with your favorite XBLA games with some CAGs. This is a little different the nights with specific games, so we'll just have to see how it goes and adjust if we need to.

Next XBLA Tuesday
July 31st - 9 PM EDT

Interested Players 7-24-07:
BIGMAN76 - Aegis Wing, Bomberman
blackmagiic - Bomberman
CokeCola - Bomberman, Carcassonne, Catan, Uno, Worms, TMNT
ColHotShotX - Aegis Wing, Catan
Demonxeno - Aegis Wing, Bomberman, TMNT
Gargoyle2500 - Worms
Jrcom - Aegis Wing, Bomberman
nuttyturnip - Carcassone, Bomberman, Catan, Aegis Wing
OneLucky7 - Aegis Wing, Bomberman
Rodimus Donut - Worms, TMNT, Street Fighter HF, Mortal Kombat
Shyreese - Bomberman
ThatDamnDave - Catan, Aegis Wing
TMNJohnny - Aegis Wing, TMNT

Interested Players 7-17-07:
CokeCola - Uno, Carcassonne, TMNT, Worms, Catan
DAEWEZZY - Aegis Wing
HumpedBurrito - Uno, Doom
Jrcom - UNO, Texas Hold'em, Aegis Wing,
Gomer V1 - Aegis Wing
Mr Sporadic - Catan, Worms
Renegade Zer0 - Carcassone, TMNT
Spectre3353 - Catan, Worms
ThatDamnDave - Catan, Aegis Wing
TheModium - Band of Bugs, Worms, Doom, Uno, Small Arms, Big Bumpin
TipYourMerchGuy - Worms, Uno, TMNT
Velvet396 - TMNT, Aegis Wing
Vergenc3 - Uno, Texas Hold'em, TMNT

The way I think this might work best is to have someone volunteer to run a game of a particular type and then people can speak up with interest in that game. This is just the first Tuesday, so we'll have to iron out the kinks next week, but this might work as a format.

I'm going to open an Aegis Wing game at 9 PM EDT and invite anyone that's on that mentioned Aegis Wing in this thread for the 24th.

There are lots of TMNT people out there, so hopefully those people can hook up. Use the thread and the games people are interested in to see if you can't match up. I know it's hectic, but when we're not all playing the same game, such is life.

Aegis Wing Room Leader
ThatDamnDave

I have a big project that I'll be working on that day but the week after I'd be up for something. Carcassone is great fun, or I could work on Golden Axe. Is Doom co-op with 4 people? That would be nuts.

I'll be in on most Tuesdays. I don't have Hounds, so I'm free all night (as far as the 360 goes, anyway). I've got a healthy selection of XBLA titles, but I'm most interested in playing Carcassonne, Worms, TMNT, and Uno. I have the Vision Camera, but I don't suppose I'll have it on (thank me later).

You know, if anyone is gonna be up late Tuesday after 2am to download Bomberman, I don't mind playing a few matches against you guys :D

[quote name='Logg']I want to play but my Gold just ran out and I dont know when I will be getting it back.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I can hook you up with a 48 hour code that you can activate before the event.

I'm good for UNO, Texas Hold'em, Aegis Wing, or soon Bomberman.

Tuesday is a good day for XBLA because it is a last hurrah for the game before we move onto the next one(or realize we like the current one). Wednesday is just as good because it's a new fresh game. Should we take a vote on it?

I'm pretty sure I'll be around for this tomorrow night. I have close to 30 XBLA games, but I'm most interested in playing Band of Bugs, Worms, Doom, Uno, Small Arms and Big Bumpin'. But, I'd be open to most anything that I have.

I think this is a great idea, but just a suggestion: why not have xbla nite on wed so that you can include the new releases into the mix?

I've been swamped today, but I'll try and organize some of these responses into game lists tonight so people have an idea of what's up. As a general idea though, just plan to be on XBL and send out some invites to people that mention games you're interested in. I'll try and organize beyond that, hopefully before 9 EDT rolls around.

Edit: Toper, just because we had started doing Gears of War Wednesdays, so didn't want to combine the two.

I just got Catan, and I'm not really enjoying playing with the computer. I'm just finding medium to be unbeatable - it's the same thing every time: I get to seven points, get "tagged" as the winner by the player with 4 fecking dev cards, get umpteen soldiers played on me in a row, the tagger gets largest army, reveals at least two points, and wins.

So, if you suck at Catan, I'm game.

I'll be on tonight, once again with Uno, Carcassonne, TMNT, Worms, and now Catan.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I've been swamped today, but I'll try and organize some of these responses into game lists tonight so people have an idea of what's up. As a general idea though, just plan to be on XBL and send out some invites to people that mention games you're interested in. I'll try and organize beyond that, hopefully before 9 EDT rolls around.

Edit: Toper, just because we had started doing Gears of War Wednesdays, so didn't want to combine the two.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok...thanks for the clarification. I need to add you to my FL, too. :)

[quote name='seanr1221']Personally, I'm up for some shadowrun.[/QUOTE]

Hey sean,

I haven't seen you on the last few times we've played...you're definitely welcome to join us if you ever see my online with SR...thanks.

OP has been updated with a condensed listing of what people said they are interested in and a format that might work for organizing games.

[quote name='terribledeli']I'll be on after I pick my wife up from work (about 10:15 CST). I'll be up for whatever.[/QUOTE]

Shadowrun foo'!

Ha, very smooth.

We had a game of Catan going and I'm not sure if anyone else on this list actually hooked up with people, but the Catan was fun.

Suggestions are welcome on how to organize this better in the future.

Yeah I didn't do friend requests in advance so I really didn't find anyone to play since everything was pending.

S'all good, I'll be set up for next time. Really would like to get 4-player TMNT & Aegis.

[quote name='seanr1221']Smoooooth, I fell asleep on the couch playing lumines :lol:[/QUOTE]

I came on and was waiting, but hopped on for some Catan games after I realized you weren't there.

We will be doing another XBLA Tuesday tomorrow night, so post here with what you're looking to play this week. I think getting a co-op game of Aegis Wing going might be a good way to go this week as it's a very widely played game.

Of course, I'm always up for Catan too and I'm sure there are plenty of Bomberman folks that can use this as an opportunity to blow up some CAGs.

Edit: Also, OP updated to handle a new week of interest.

Aegis wing or Bomberman, I'm good with both. Both games need to be coordinated very well, however, since you can't jump in during the game.

Almost forgot about this thread after I missed it last week. I'd love to find some folks to play Carcassonne against, and I'd like to play Bomberman, Catan and Aegis Wing as well.

Aegis Wing supports 4 people right? I'd definitely be up for doing that at some point tonight if there's a time people can agree on.

I have Catan, Aegis Wing, Smash TV and I think I might buy Bomberman tonight. So, if I'm not in an Aegis Wing group, just invite me. I'll be on tonight starting at 9 EDT hopefully.

Any particular times good for Aegis people?

I'm up for Aegis Wing or Catan tonight. Though for Catan I need to fix some of my connection issues, my damn router keeps disconnecting me in Multiplayer games. 9pm EDT/EST sounds fine.

~HotShotX

I'll be on late, like after 11:00. I guess I'll be looking for Bomberman tonight, but I've still got the usual Carcassonne, Catan, Uno, Worms, and TMNT.

The Live camera is live.

Count me in for some Worms, TMNT, Street Fighter HF, & Mortal Kombat. And I know it's not an XBLA game but I got Phantasy Star Universe also.

bread's done
Back