CAG Gran Turismo 5 [CAG Race Night - Now Sundays at 6PM PST!]

How about trial mountain for the touring cars... Or did we do that last time? Might be a bit long, but the twists and canyons would be a blast with the TCs.

Also was thinking it might be time for a single lap high-speed car on the 'ring. The Mazda Furai would be perfect and all the regulars should have one. I know it's a bit longer than our regular race, but we can skip the warm up and jump straight in. One lap, boost on high. Thoughts?

[quote name='smthng']How about trial mountain for the touring cars... Or did we do that last time? Might be a bit long, but the twists and canyons would be a blast with the TCs.

Also was thinking it might be time for a single lap high-speed car on the 'ring. The Mazda Furai would be perfect and all the regulars should have one. I know it's a bit longer than our regular race, but we can skip the warm up and jump straight in. One lap, boost on high. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

The 'ring sounds like a great idea, especially with boost on high. That'll be race #2 :D I was actually thinking TC's on Laguna Seca perhaps? I hate the sand traps but with boost on high it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Laguna is ok with me, but others are welcome to chime in.

I'll check the points on my Furais later tonight and post up a resonable point value for them... It'll probably be on the higher end. If anyone can't bring a Furai, plz post up so we can come up with an alternative! It's a reward car, so hopefully everyone has it.

The Furai is 660 PP stock. Mine is beefed out at 678. A good middle ground would be 670. That'll give a little room for modification and aero changes and guarantee that they're not all exactly the same. A lap on the ring took 7:30 with five or six good spin outs, so it's not as long as I thought. The Furai hates the 'ring... It'll be a riot!

BTW... Theres a Furai in the online dealer right now for 750,000. That car is a bargain at twice the price... You should get a spare! ;)

As for the busses... 5 laps on Autumn Ring Mini, some other time. ;)

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Not gonna lie , I tried it but I couldnt get it to work. Its too bad because Suzuka is the last part of the Vettel challenge I need.[/QUOTE]

It's not really all that hard. You have to tap the Accelerate button (I used R2) and just kind of slowly wedge yourself into the geometry. After that, you just have to follow the path the video takes for an Easy Gold. I hope some exploits like that are found on other tracks.

Who is hosting and what are the races going to be? If a race list isn't somewhat put together by the time I'm back from a service call I'm likely just to not deal with the Boost enabled aggressive driving. It's not an ultimatum, I just think the boost really promotes poor driving.

I'll host, and the race lineup is as follows, though as always, suggestions are more than welcomed.

425PP Mini Marcos on Eiger Short - 5 laps
500PP American Muscle on Laguna Seca - 4 laps
670PP Furai on The 'Ring - 1 lap
475PP any RX-7 on Côte d’Azur - 4 laps
Bugatti Veyron's on Circuit de la Sarthe - 3 laps

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, maybe I'll show up. No promises, but I haven't played in a while. Got to about 65% completion a week after release and it stopped being fun. Maybe time to revisit

Show up! More racers=More passings!

If you guys are strapped on cash, there is a World Compact Car racing in the seasonal races. Just use the MOTUL Civic and you'll net 400k in less than 5 minutes.

Fuari on the Ring will be and interesting race. We doing the full ring with the GP track connected or just the "ring?"

[quote name='bearhawk72']Boo you can't paint the Furai[/QUOTE]
The damned thing comes in so many funky colors. There is a green one sitting in my OCD, last one I saw was red, I have a "stealth" matte one, smthng has a black one and somebody else has a white one.

That's a lot of races, but I'm cool with that. Cn we keep practice to a minimum so we can rip through Hem without taking 20 minutes a track? Two laps on most should be enough to figure out what you need.

I'm also fine with running boost on low for the first two tracks and high on the last ones. The length of track and severity of crashes pretty much means you're done if you make a mistake unless boost is on. That's only fun for Mad and Nat. :p

Yeah, I'm looking at 5 minutes practice starting with race #2 (assuming everyone is there for race #2).
I'll look into setting up the timer, see how that works :)

My guess would be racing soft for everything, except possibly the Marcos... That'll prolly be whatever we ran last time, but it's Syn's call when we get in.

They have announced a "special" NASCAR seasonal event to start on the 29th. Special Reward will be Jeff Gordon's helmet and firesuit.

There is some speculation this might be a different type of seasonal since it was announced ~a week before it goes live, when other seasonals are never announced beforehand

Good to hear. In regards to our usual CAG night...how many people have power and can't make it? I know a lot of our friends are on the East Coast and many are without power right now.

East Coast has a storm, Mad is most liking mix a new cocktail and I have a Fantasy Football draft @ 8pm PST.

I'll be on if there is a room up.

[quote name='j-cart']East Coast has a storm, Mad is most liking mix a new cocktail and I have a Fantasy Football draft @ 8pm PST.

I'll be on if there is a room up.[/QUOTE]

Overall pretty accurate. Murdered a margarita attempt yesterday, made a tasty pina colada today. Gonna attempt another margarita with yesterday's experience in mind.

Margarita of the night for two lite-ish
Cuervo Gold - 6oz
Lemon liquor - 1oz
Triple Sec - splash
On The Border margarita mix - 12oz
Ice cubes - enough to float your boat
blend and serve

I'm in. We gonna try out those Touring Cars?

Mad: For a Margarita, don't buy those pre-made mix juice things. Use Grand Marnier with a lime juice assist. Triple Sec can replace Marnier, but it may come on too sweet. If you got a store that has it, Agave Nectar syrup really adds to it. Rule I use is 2:1:1:0.5

2 parts Tequlia
1 part Triple Sec/ Grand Marnier
1 part Lime juice (fresher the better!)
0.5 part Agave Nectar

All this in a shaker and serve over ice. Salt the class if needed (but lightly, most places go ape shit on that stuff). Also Jose Cuervo is NOT tequila. In basic terms it is colored vodka, shit is barely made with agave fruit.

j-cart's tequila tiers:

A Tier:
-Cazadores (Can't beat the taste vs price on this one. It's high class stuff with a solid price tag)
-Cabo Wabo (Made by your favorite rocker Sammy Hagar. By far the best tasting, but the price makes it a rare occasion tequila.)

B Tier:
-Patron (Pricey Pricey stuff. Good but very pricey)
-Avion (Yes the one that has been on Entourage is a real tequila. It's good, leave it at that)
-Milagro (Quality stuff, bottle looks nice too)

Shit Tier:
-Jose Cuervo (JUST NEVER EVER BUY THIS SHIT)
-1800 (Just as bad as Jose, shit is more tequila than Jose, but just terrible stuff)
-Sauza (Terrible, but better of the shit 3)

There are different types of tequila's but they all get you drunk. The thing you need to find out is what kind of drunk you want to get at the taste you like.

/edit: Just saw your post Mad.

[quote name='SynGamer']If someone wants to come up with a list of 3-5 races, that would be great. I need to get some laundry done and pick up some groceries :)[/QUOTE]

Trophy Clios on Madrid. All I got.

490PP Touring Cars on...random track
635PP cars on High Speed Ring (been itching to do that for a few weeks now)

I can think of more I'm sure :)

Oh, and no Sarthe this week. Too many sharp turns to kill speed. Might still do the Special Stage though.

I'm gonna have to post some pics of my latest acquisition. I *may* be on later, but no promises. If I am and am using what I acquired today, I may be even more reckless than before. ;)

I've been crazily painting & fixing up the house. I'd still like to go back and punch the person who did not put an access panel for the jacuzzi. Trying to figure out if I am going to tackle that now or not.

I'm prolly out tonight, had a funxtgiction at the parents that ran over... doiubt I'll be home before 10. Will jump on if y'all are still playing whenever I get home.

[quote name='jmbreci']I'm gonna have to post some pics of my latest acquisition. I *may* be on later, but no promises. If I am and am using what I acquired today, I may be even more reckless than before. ;)

I've been crazily painting & fixing up the house. I'd still like to go back and punch the person who did not put an access panel for the jacuzzi. Trying to figure out if I am going to tackle that now or not.[/QUOTE]

Come play with us...

:bouncy:

[quote name='j-cart']Syn: BodyCount was a terrible demo. Why would you recommend it?[/QUOTE]

Because I happened to like it...:roll:

Also, being a Moderator for Codemasters, I generally get some inside looks and such before their games come out and I've been following this for awhile. But yeah, I actually found it entertaining :)

Just got the below hooked up and there is a child who is dying to play it and I need to get him to bed anyway. Plus I need to hookup the PS3 where it can be utilized with this. In white...fairly cheap off of CL today.

http://46.4.20.208/shop/eu/pl?q=shop/playseats-evolution/playseats-evolution-playseat-white.htmlhttp://www.amazon.com/Playseat-Evolution-Gaming-Seat/dp/B000O00JE8
Z

[quote name='jmbreci']Just got the below hooked up and there is a child who is dying to play it and I need to get him to bed anyway. Plus I need to hookup the PS3 where it can be utilized with this. In white...fairly cheap off of CL today. [/QUOTE]

Better be a pro now bro.

Good races! I'll try to get some pictures up sometime soon.

New Seasonal and patch up

Seasonals are NASCAR. You do not get to pick your car or alter it in any way

1)Trial Mountain, 5 laps. 1.5 million cr, 400k exp, Classic Muscle car ticket
2)Indy Road, 5 laps. 1.5 million cr, 400k exp, Modern Muscle Car Ticket
3)Rome, 5 laps. 1.5 million cr, 400k exp, NASCAR ticket
4)Suzuka, 7 laps. 1.5 million cr, 400k exp, Jeff Gordon suit and helmet

Completed the Jeff Gordon seasonal, won his car (?) and his suit. Not bad :D Might consider the others as I wouldn't mind hitting level 30 in A-spec.

Thought this is the best place to ask, have a lot of the issues people had with gt5 fixed from all the updates? Thinking of finally getting this but curious before I order. Thanks!

[quote name='Brimah']Thought this is the best place to ask, have a lot of the issues people had with gt5 fixed from all the updates? Thinking of finally getting this but curious before I order. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Depends on what issues you are talking about.

Which specifically are you worried about?

From what I read, was mostly menu issues, where trying to find what you want would have to go though 5 or so menus. To be honest, just from what I read... already ordered it now, but was just curious :D

bread's done
Back