CAG Grifball Team's Child's Play Charity Drive! $1612.50 raised to date!

Through great effort I have compiled the stats from every single CAG league Grifball game.

If you find any mistakes (lolwhat?) feel free to tell me so I can correct them.

Edit: Click on picture for GoogleDoc

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, my batting percent is actually like 20% or so since I mostly use a sword. Not to mention my K/D spread is furthered because I can't connect to HotShots host what so ever and get horrible stats. ~_~

Nice work compiling the stats Kazink. Come to think of it, I still need to work out some form of highlight reel, don't I? Get in touch with me online, I need someone who can record the clips.

~HotShotX

Latest CAG News (4/4/09):

The CAG Grifball Franchise is back kids! In the off-season following Winter League 09, Cheap Ass Gamer and Rockys12 of the Cheap Ass Giraffes were invited into the Halo 3 Planet Elite League, a Grifball League consisting of what are recognized to be the best 16 teams in the sport.

Now in its 5th and final week, Cheap Ass Gamer is holding a record of 6-6 with 2 games to go, and have also been accepted into the Pro League in the American Grifball League of America, a recreation of Halo 3 Planet's Elite League, which begins Monday, April 6th.

Cheap Ass Giraffes are returning for a second season, and will play in the AGLA's merging of the Rookie & Legacy Leagues, now known as the Amateur League. The Giraffes add Project Tanked and Blind to their roster, and Captain Dastly and Rockys12 return, with SynGamer returning to Cheap Ass Gamer.

Stay tuned to this thread kids, the upcoming season's going to be a fun ride.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Nice work Kaz, nice work.

~HotShotX[/quote]

And look who had the most betrayals for the team. Also look at how syn had eight in one game.

[quote name='rockys12']And look who had the most betrayals for the team. Also look at how syn had eight in one game.[/quote]

That one game my host dominated though. :p

[quote name='Draekon']That one game my host dominated though. :p[/quote]
And that one game was my first game with you guys in AGES. But yes, that was a very nice host, hardly a hint of lag, it was nice.

[quote name='SynGamer']And that one game was my first game with you guys in AGES. But yes, that was a very nice host, hardly a hint of lag, it was nice.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm guessing the Draekon / SynGamer combination is CAG's access to host.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Yeah, I'm guessing the Draekon / SynGamer combination is CAG's access to host.

~HotShotX[/quote]
I was thinking Draekon/Rockys...

I have been setting up the GBSL09 Stat Sheet for next season so I was wondering if anybody has any stats that they would like to see?

[quote name='Kazink']I have been setting up the GBSL09 Stat Sheet for next season so I was wondering if anybody has any stats that they would like to see?[/quote]

Number of intentional cursing / betrayals on Crymeth per game. :)

~HotShotX

[quote name='Kazink']I have been setting up the GBSL09 Stat Sheet for next season so I was wondering if anybody has any stats that they would like to see?[/quote]

How many squares every lunge is.

Latest CAG News (4/11/09):

With the Spring 2009 League kicking off last Monday and H3P coming to a conclusion, Cheap Ass Gamer comes out swinging with an absurd 5 league games in a row (Draekon says "never again"), losing the final two H3P games, ending the season with a 6-8 record, but picking up 2 wins and a loss in the AGLA Pro League!

Cheap Ass Gamer conquers both Anonymous (6-3) and Put It On The Pad (7-2), but loses to Winter League 09 Runner-Ups Separate Intelligence (4-5) in an epic 40 minute game.

Cheap Ass Giraffes will be playing their matches this sunday, so good luck to them in their matchups. I'll update this post when the news comes in.

~HotShotX

[quote name='KingBroly']We really need an old timey announcer to put that in audio form.[/quote]

Think we could get Wombat to do it in a British accent?

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Latest CAG News (4/11/09):

With the Spring 2009 League kicking off last Monday and H3P coming to a conclusion, Cheap Ass Gamer comes out swinging with an absurd 5 league games in a row (Draekon says "never again"), losing the final two H3P games, ending the season with a 6-8 record, but picking up 2 wins and a loss in the AGLA Pro League!

Cheap Ass Gamer conquers both Anonymous (6-3) and Put It On The Pad (7-2), but loses to Winter League 09 Runner-Ups Separate Intelligence (4-5) in an epic 40 minute game.

Cheap Ass Giraffes will be playing their matches this sunday, so good luck to them in their matchups. I'll update this post when the news comes in.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

Expect the H3P Stats to be finished and up by Sunday or Monday.

I also might put up the GBSL09 Stats up but there are too many DIV/0! for my preference

[quote name='HotShotX']Think we could get Wombat to do it in a British accent?

~HotShotX[/quote]

It doesn't hurt to ask.

What happened to the game/warmups today? I played a whole lot of the Grifball Double XP playlist today and was hoping some of you would hop on.

My internet was down for most of today and some people had Easter things to do with their families so the games will be postponed. There may be a game or two on Thursday night.

Latest CAG News (4/26/09):

Now entering the 4th week of play, both CAG Grifball Teams are sitting nicely with a 4-1 record. The Giraffes themselves earned 3 wins and a single loss today alone, while Gamer gears up for potentially 4 matches this week, to make up for scheduling conflicts.

Cheap Ass Giraffes are almost guaranteed a minimum of 2nd place in Amateur Sword Division 9, given today's performance, and will need to beat WalMart Connection intheir 2nd meeting in order to take first.

Cheap Ass Gamer is slated to play both the Winter League 09 Champion and Runner-up in the coming days, and if they can defeat both teams and remain successful in the remainder of the regular season, will maintain 1st place in their division and hold a better record the the previous league champions.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Latest CAG News (4/26/09):

The Giraffes themselves earned 3 wins and a single loss today alone

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

Crap, sound like I need to get going on stats

[quote name='HotShotX']Cheap Ass Gamer topples Who's The Noobs Now? (7-2) and GBWL09 Champions Qu09 (7-2).

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

If we are able to win at least one more game we'll take a playoff spot.

We still have to play USA (they blew up and should be easy to beat) WTNN (beat them already 7-2) and SI (lost 5-4 in an epic 40 minute game)

Latest CAG News (5/4/09):

Recently, I gave an interview with GrifballHUB.com, the leading Grifball fansite. The interview gives a lot of CAG's history in the league as well as highlights of our current season in the Pro League.

http://grifballhub.com/get-to-know-cheap-ass-gamer/

Our final two games will be played this week, which will determine whether or not we enter playoffs (4 Division Winners + 2 Wild Cards advance). Currently, we are winning our division, and only need to win 1 of our remaining 2 games to advance. If we lose both games, and Separate Intelligence wins all 3 of their remaining games, they will take 1st place from us, and we will need to fight for a wild card spot.

~HotShotX

Latest CAG News (5/8/09):

Yesterday wraps up the regular season for Cheap Ass Gamer, and with a loss to SI 4-5 and a win over WTNN 7-2, Cheap Ass Gamer has officially won Division 3 and has secured a spot in playoffs!

Based on the current standings, +1 Beer will clinch the #1 seed, and currently, CAG holds the #2 seed. Both of these seeds merit a 1st round bye in playoffs, while seeds #3 & 4 face off against wild cards #5 and 6 in a single round elimination, whereas the semifinals and finals are a best of 3 matchup.

Competing for this #2 seed is Strictly Business, who holds the following record in comparison to CAG:

CAG: 8W - 2L - 62 GF - 28 GA
SB: 7W - 2L - 53 GF - 28 GA

In order for SB to take the #2 seed from CAG, they must (at a minimum) defeat their next opponent, American Dream 9-0 (which they have earlier in the season). The choice for #2 seed will then go to a tie-breaking statistic.

The remaining days of the Pro League are certainly heating up, but CAG will be one of 6 teams of the original 16 who will be moving on to Playoffs.

~HotShotX

[quote name='Kazink']I've taken a look at the numbers and as long as SB beats AD at all they take the #2 spot[/quote]

Buh?

They have 7 wins and 2 losses with 53 goals for and 28 against.
We have 8 wins and 2 losses with 62 goals for and 28 against.

If they get a 9-0 game in their favor, then they'll take the #2 spot. Since goals for/against is the #1 stat if the win/loss record is the same. If they do get 9 goals, then we're fucked for the #2 seed because our other stats suck due to how we play.

That's how I'm aware it works. Could be wrong of course, but I wouldn't think I would be since goals are more important than stats. Which CAG has shown over the past couple seasons.

[quote name='crymeth']no they wont we still have more goals then they do goals come before who they beat[/quote]

...English? Do we need to deport you?

Tie Breakers go as follows
Head to head regular season record (if any). This includes goals for and against in head to head matches.

Win/Loss record against common opponents.

Avg Team Goals Scored against common opponents.

Avg Team Goals Scored Per Game

Avg Team Batting Average Per Game

A one game playoff scheduled by the League (except for seeding)

Coin toss (for playoff seeding)

We haven't played them so the first one is out

we are 3-1 against common opponents while they are 4-0 meaning they win the tie breaker

If for some reason they ignore that we have identical average goals against common opponents

After that they would have to beat AD 9-0 to tie us in average goals per game

Then it goes to Batting average which I guarantee won't go in our favor

Meh, we're screwwed for #2 seeding if that's the case, 'cause I very much doubt they're going to lose their last game. If only we went 6-3 (which may of averaged out in their favor) or 7-2 against SI.

Actually it looks like they are changing the playoff structure to conferences. We are the #1 Team in our conference which means we would get a bye anyway

[quote name='Draekon']We better win our first game then. Which will take us to the finals I guess since there's only six teams in the playoffs.[/quote]

Yes, but remember that the Semi-Finals and Finals are a Best of 3 series. We have to win twice against each opponent to advance.

~HotShotX

[quote name='Draekon']I knew finals were, but semi-finals too? Son of a bitch.[/quote]

Yeah, all Pro League playoff matches aside from Wild Cards are Best of 3.

Oh, and on a side note, CAG had it's 40th AGLA League match last week. We're old. :)

~HotShotX

After a whole season of waiting, the Cheap Ass Gamer GBWL09 Season Highlight Reel is now up and running! The reel is a little over 6 minutes, 30 seconds long (no 20 minute reel this time), and was recorded in glorious HD by Adam Pasani / LBCountry. It features the best moments of Cheap Ass Gamer's GBWL09 season, and a bitchin' soundtrack.

Be sure to click the link and watch the video in HD on YouTube.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Liwf2bZqcuc

I'm a little surprised to see the total amount of goals so even between all of us.

I also propose that Syn is added in and his position is "Waterboy" with all stats in the negative for kicks but of course leave it out of the averaging formula. :p

[quote name='Draekon']I'm a little surprised to see the total amount of goals so even between all of us.

I also propose that Syn is added in and his position is "Waterboy" with all stats in the negative for kicks but of course leave it out of the averaging formula. :p[/QUOTE]
I'm still working on getting a better job/shift. I'm currently working 7PM - 4AM, so yeah, definitely looking for a new job. I'm actually missing Grifball/Halo 3.

I guess the Giraffes are also 8-2 now, however looking at their goals for and goals against there were quite a few forfeits.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Draekon']I guess the Giraffes are also 8-2 now, however looking at their goals for and goals against there were quite a few forfeits.[/QUOTE]

They got 4 forfeits. The GBSL09 Sheet is updated for their last games

bread's done
Back