CAG GTAIV Night: Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel[ 9/2 @ 10pm EST ]

[quote name='TruthinessFC']*deletes Cheapest from friends list*[/quote]

Cheapest was on your friends list? :shock:

*Deletes TruthinessFC from my friends list*

[quote name='metaly']GET READY. GTA Night: The Next Generation kicks off tomorrow and looks like it will be even more awesome than before.[/quote]

Seeing as how I've been too busy the last couple of days to do all of the steps that Sony requires before I send in my PS3, I may be able to make it for ONE LAST GTA night for now tomorrow.

Oh and I was kidding bout PSN friends meaning nothing. I love you guys, though not in the gay sense of the word, so get that thought outta your heads.

So it's been a whole week without a randy_wrecked joke. I think I'm finally getting over my problem.

And cheapest - I could never stay mad at you, at least until you change that avatar. How could I hate on someone representing Thrill Kill? That engine gave birth the the greatest fighting game of all time - Wu Tang Shaolin Style.

So snipers only tonight?

[quote name='bornrunnin31']So it's been a whole week without a randy_wrecked joke. I think I'm finally getting over my problem.

And cheapest - I could never stay mad at you, at least until you change that avatar. How could I hate on someone representing Thrill Kill? That engine gave birth the the greatest fighting game of all time - Wu Tang Shaolin Style.

So snipers only tonight?[/quote]

The cancellation of Thrill Kill was what started my hatred towards EA. It's been 11 years now and they haven't seen a dime of my money since then. Whenever I've bought a game of theirs, it's been a USED copy, even if it means Gamestop is getting all the money.

Snipers only is good, except if you play against Swavage. That is like a f'n robot when it comes to lining up a shot and popping ya in sniper only matches.

I have a question about the friends liking you trophy:

If I choose Deal at the end of the game and Roman dies, will I be unable to get his friendship at 90% in Free Mode. therefore not allowing me to get that trophy? Does he come back or something? How does that work out?

[quote name='Blackout']I have a question about the friends liking you trophy:

If I choose Deal at the end of the game and Roman dies, will I be unable to get his friendship at 90% in Free Mode. therefore not allowing me to get that trophy? Does he come back or something? How does that work out?
[/quote]

I think you only need 90% for the ones that are still alive.

[quote name='metaly']
I think you only need 90% for the ones that are still alive.
[/quote]

Thanks. Time to kill that sumbitch. :D

[quote name='metaly']
gta_anniversary.png
[/quote]

I like how you took the pic when i was looking the other way

is there a reason we are going so late tonight? not that i mind, just curious. Anyone on now and wanna do some level grinding on hangman's noose just invite me

[quote name='Jeff...']I like how you took the pic when i was looking the other way[/quote]

Me too.

[quote name='Wlogan31']is there a reason we are going so late tonight? not that i mind, just curious. Anyone on now and wanna do some level grinding on hangman's noose just invite me[/quote]

I'm home a little early so I might start up the game a little early as well if I see people on. Usually everyone rolls in around 7-7:15 though.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']It's always been 10pm on Wednesdays. Don't know what GTA night you've been at WO.[/quote]

don't mind me - i must be on crack tonight. for some reason i had it it my head that it was 8-10 p.m. i miss 2 weeks in a row and i totally lose my mind...

Was the lag really bad outside of the rocket TDM? That seemed to be the worst, and I figured it was just the PS3 straining to render all them 'splosions.

I finally got my wish of a C&C boat chase! Although I didn't realize that the other team thought they were the only ones left. I wonder what's with the ghost players lately.

Oh and post your code if you've got Chinatown Wars and we'll deal some drugs. I'm 1591 1180 4988.

Sorry, had to jump out of the Cannonball but everything else was mucho fun.

Decided to play some SingStar late and when I pop in the 90s disc, what do I find?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgqY5F67ja0

Ha, at first that's what I read ColorMeEvil's name as. Guess I wasn't the only one? [Beavis voice] Oooooooh, ooooooh ooh-ooooh! [/Beavis voice]
skip to 8:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtG6pCHBT4c
Shame they can't put the music videos on the B&B dvds.

I only had lag for the shotgun dm, but I showed up late.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I only noticed lag during the rocket and shotgun T/DMs.

:lol:
I guess the impromptu Singstar Queen session got you jonesing, huh XXX?

And yeah, the first night ColorMeEvil showed up XXX called him ColorMeBad most of the night, even after being corrected. :lol:

[quote name='metaly']Oh and post your code if you've got Chinatown Wars and we'll deal some drugs. I'm 1591 1180 4988.[/quote]

Here's mine:
2664-7914-2798

If you haven't already, you should sync your stats with the Rockstar Social before midnight tonight and get the discounted Bulletproof Hellenbach.

[quote name='iggywiggum']
Shame they can't put the music videos on the B&B dvds.
[/quote]

They Actually do on the Mike Judge collection box sets. There's a few on disc 3 in each one.

[quote name='bmachine']Here's mine:
2664-7914-2798

If you haven't already, you should sync your stats with the Rockstar Social before midnight tonight and get the discounted Bulletproof Hellenbach.[/quote]

Nice, I'll definitely do that. I didn't even know that was going on.

I swear, not having work today plus staying up to play GTA night with you guys last night really took a toll on what I was SUPPOSED to be doing today(getting my PS3 ready to ship out).

Oh well, there's always Friday.....

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']
gtaivmap001.jpg

Just found 2 wicked apartments (in the red circle) connected by the rooftops with a crack-house in one of them.[/quote]

You'd be surprised how many things there are to see and do in LC. I went block by block walking through Bohan the one night and there were quite a few buildings(besides your safehouse) that you can go into. Just within 2-4 blocks in any direction from it, you can go in about 4-6 buildings.

There's also glitches to try out(like the one at the airport terminal)and just so much other stuff to do, but some of it you have to really look for.

I guess Rockstar decided to add all of the little nuances in there after they took out the stuff that made the last 2-3 games interesting and worth replaying.

gtaivmap001.jpg

Just found 2 wicked apartments (in the red circle) connected by the rooftops with a crack-house in one of them.[/quote]

I just wanted this picture posted three times in a row.

Crack-house you say?

gtaivmap001.jpg

[quote name='bornrunnin31']I just wanted this picture posted three times in a row.

Crack-house you say?[/quote]
:cool:

gtaivmap001.jpg

I saw the ShamWow guy was beating up another hooker in that crack-house... o_O

OK, it's official. I shipped out my PS3 today or rather dropped it off at a UPS store after packing it up. :sad face: I guess unless I go up my one buddies' house I'm not going to be playing against you guys for at least 2 weeks.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK, it's official. I shipped out my PS3 today or rather dropped it off at a UPS store after packing it up. :sad face: I guess unless I go up my one buddies' house I'm not going to be playing against you guys for at least 2 weeks.[/quote]
A preventative "We'll miss you." :cool:

LOL It's ok, since I was probably getting ready to stop showing up anyway since Saint's Row 2 just has so much more to do when you get bored of doing missions.

Between that, Rise Of The Argonauts, all of the progress I'm going to have to redo on Mercs 2 and I might even try to actually finish Little Big Planet once the PS3 comes back, I'm gonna be busy for a while.

I'm guessing I can't get the Driving Mr. Bellic trophy because
I did a speed run to beat the game in under 30 hours and didn't do any friend stuff. I picked the path where Roman dies. Am I screwed?

Does that count towards 100%? I might go for it. I'm still debating.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL It's ok, since I was probably getting ready to stop showing up anyway since Saint's Row 2 just has so much more to do when you get bored of doing missions.

Between that, Rise Of The Argonauts, all of the progress I'm going to have to redo on Mercs 2 and I might even try to actually finish Little Big Planet once the PS3 comes back, I'm gonna be busy for a while.[/quote]
I recently got Saints Row 2 as well and have to agree with you. SR2 is just more genuinely fun than the grayish GTAIV. Though I'll have to give GTAIV the multiplayer aspect, SR2 seems to be riddled with glitches and it's hard to get a multiplayer game going these days.

[quote name='Blackout']I'm guessing I can't get the Driving Mr. Bellic trophy because
I did a speed run to beat the game in under 30 hours and didn't do any friend stuff. I picked the path where Roman dies. Am I screwed?

Does that count towards 100%? I might go for it. I'm still debating.[/quote]

It's not required for 100%. You'll need to start a new game to get the trophy, though.

[quote name='metaly']It's not required for 100%. You'll need to start a new game to get the trophy, though.[/quote]

Oh ok. I think I'll just forget about that one. :)

[quote name='option.iv']I recently got Saints Row 2 as well and have to agree with you. SR2 is just more genuinely fun than the grayish GTAIV. Though I'll have to give GTAIV the multiplayer aspect, SR2 seems to be riddled with glitches and it's hard to get a multiplayer game going these days.[/quote]

I was trying to find a fellow CAG with Mercs 2 for the longest time to do some co-op time in the game with. Some of the missions in that game just ramp up the difficulty to an insane level, plus the glitches don't help either.

For example, the one really hard mission where you have to defend a church against an onslaught by tanks and troops from every direction, I was defending a smoldering ruin for 60-80% of the mission the one time and waiting for the mission to end because of the destruction of the church.

My progress only ended once a tank hit me with a shell while I was skulking around inside of the destroyed church.

About the only thing I really wish R* would've added to GTAIV via a patch was the ability to base jump from buildings in the game. I mean, why have things like the Rotterdam Tower when all you can do is walk around the top of it and go 'look at the view'.

Admittedly, it's a hell of a place to have a final standoff for a Cops & Crooks game, assuming the cops could get attack choppers from the helitours on souther Algonquin and come flying up Apocalypse Now style in formation and take out the crooks perched atop the building.

[quote name='metaly']You're not allowed to post here while you don't have a PS3. Site policy.[/quote]

:razz: Who's gonna stop me? :D

This is killing me though, the waiting for Sony to get my PS3, fix it and then ship it back(or send me back a shitty refurb, which is at their bs discretion).

[quote name='bmachine']I'm off to Montreal for the Kinetik Industrial Music Fest. Four days of oontz oontz oontz.

No GTA for me this week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah yeah, you said that multiple times and ya still showed up.:razz: Now me on the other hand, unless Sony repaired my PS3 already n are shipping it back overnight I'm stuck for another week or two.

Should be able to roll out tonight. Missed the last couple weeks due to having to move. Stupid real life interrupting my virtual life of crime!

bread's done
Back