CAG GTAIV Night: Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel[ 9/2 @ 10pm EST ]

Now I kinda wish I had kept that 'spare' GTA IV I bought during the $5 HWV sale, since I'd have gladly shipped that out to kube for cost + shipping. But I was greedy and decided to trade it in during the last decent GS promo.:roll:

Mind ya, with the Episodes coming out at the end of March, I have a feeling I may abandon playing GTAIV's online soon after, depending on if I can memorize where the SWAT tank spawns in the game or not.

Of course, I still want Rockstar to make a Mercenaries-esque game enviro, so I can annihilate Liberty City in Free Mode. I don't see that happening, but you never know.

Sorry to hear that you don't play games anymore, xxx. What made you come to that decision?

[quote name='Filler2001']Are nights still going on? Id love taking part in one, as I play GTA more frequently than MW2[/QUOTE]

Most of the folks who used to play this either don't play it anymore or don't really 'advertise' that they do(in here). I started a new thread here for the game.

Although I have a feeling this thread will be resurrected once the Episodes disc comes out for PS3(March 30th).

I need to play this online, saw IATCG playing the expansions (which I didnt bother getting) more. I will try to add you guys and see when you are on and what you are playing.

[quote name='nakanenui']I need to play this online, saw IATCG playing the expansions (which I didnt bother getting) more. I will try to add you guys and see when you are on and what you are playing.[/QUOTE]
I still have the original for PS3 as well, but the online for it is dead compared to the episodes.

I should've picked up the GTA Complete last week from Best Buy via pricematch of Kmart's $20 price, since that's 50% off MSRP and then I could truly sell both standalone versions I have. Although if it's anything like prior collected versions from Rockstar they've changed the games just slight enough to make old saves incompatible.

is hangman's noose in the OG GTA 4 or is it part of the expansion? I wonder if Rockstar initiated bots yet? I remember playing BFBC and getting owned by other players who knew exactly where I was at all times (had to be bots, or hacks?)!

[quote name='nakanenui']is hangman's noose in the OG GTA 4 or is it part of the expansion? I wonder if Rockstar initiated bots yet? I remember playing BFBC and getting owned by other players who knew exactly where I was at all times (had to be bots, or hacks?)![/QUOTE]
Hangman's NOOSE is part of the OG GTA IV, but getting Petrovic to get his ass out of the plane at times is quite the pain in the ass.

Usually when I was playing this with friends, one of us would run and get a chopper from the other end of the airport and bring it back to take everyone out of the hot zone in a hurry.

Only problem is as I said above, if Petrovic doesn't come out of the plane before Doomsday you're shot up and dead.

IATCG, sent you a friends request last night. Got together with a couple guys from another forum and did Hangmans Noose under 2:30 and then tried to do some of the others for the time challenge, but didnt do too well. There are lots of videos out there on strategy and stuff.

Always looking to do stuff for leveling or challenges or whatever that leads to online trophies just to get them out of the way. This game has not held up too well graphically compared to the new games, and there are tons of little glitches like stupid NPC getting stuck due to shit waypoint system. Oh well. Still going to give this game more of my time.

[quote name='nakanenui']IATCG, sent you a friends request last night. Got together with a couple guys from another forum and did Hangmans Noose under 2:30 and then tried to do some of the others for the time challenge, but didnt do too well. There are lots of videos out there on strategy and stuff.

Always looking to do stuff for leveling or challenges or whatever that leads to online trophies just to get them out of the way. This game has not held up too well graphically compared to the new games, and there are tons of little glitches like stupid NPC getting stuck due to shit waypoint system. Oh well. Still going to give this game more of my time.[/QUOTE]
I've been going to bed around 11pm the last 2-3 nights, so I didn't even bother turning on my PS3 last night, but I'll accept the friend request tonight. I might be picking back up RDR today once UPS gets their ass here with my returned game from NorAm.:bomb:

Hangman's Noose is fun if you have competent people who take their time. Thing is if you don't mind hanging around by Petrovic's plane you used to be able to up your own cash you end the game with by shooting NOOSE members and grabbing up whatever money they drop.

So if you wanted to, you could park the getaway vehicle right outside of the waypoint to trigger him coming outta the plane and just keep farming cash for as long as you want. But I'm not sure if that even works anymore.

As for glitches, I still have tons of fun with the swingset glitch. I've been doing it in the episodes free roam now and it's just too much fun having a parachute and trying to bail outta the car midair and open the chute before you go splat against a wall.;)

There's also a glitch of sorts where if you jump outta a car from high up and the car lands anywhere but on it's wheels it'll blow up in a huge fireball. I used that to my advantage a couple of times in TDM/DM, though it does require basically having your avatar commit suicide to use it.:cry:

I still have both GTA IV and Episodes, Saint Noir. Add me on PSN(CheapestGamer). It's been ages since I've played anything but Free Mode though.:whistle2:#

The most fun shit to do in the game though imo is glitching under the map in a chopper. You can 'hide' inside buildings and wait for random players to come looking for you....then blast them with an RPG.;)

[quote name='bmachine']That was my first time playing the Gay Tony multiplayer. Holy crap those weapons are amazing.[/QUOTE]
Best one is the sticky bombs. If you can pick those up during a GTA Race you can essentially eliminate all other cars by blowing them up while just driving by them(on the right of course) if you time it right.;)

OR

You could plant one on your front bumper, essentially making your car a rolling torpedo.;)

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']If I were to trade in GTA IV and upgrade to the Complete Edition, my GTA IV save would transfer over, right?[/QUOTE]
Not sure. I know with the GTA games last gen when I 'upgraded' to the double pack of GTA 3 n Vice City I had to replay the whole damn game over as my saves were incompatible.:cry:

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']If I were to trade in GTA IV and upgrade to the Complete Edition, my GTA IV save would transfer over, right?[/QUOTE]

it might not i recently did that any my gta4 save didnt show up but my episodes from liberty city saves did.

[quote name='lokizz']it might not i recently did that any my gta4 save didnt show up but my episodes from liberty city saves did.[/QUOTE]
That's because unfortunately they use the same block of save files for both GTA IV and BOTH episodes and you're not supposed to save your Episodes saves in certain slots. They usually have them clearly marked as GTA IV SAVE ONLY or something similar.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']I'll play if a few CAG want to play some vanilla GTA4 MP. I'm not all that great, but I should be amusing in my mediocrity.[/QUOTE]
Add me on PSN. I still have the vanilla GTA 4 disc around here someplace(in my stacks of backlogged games:cry:).

If anything, we could just make a private friendly fire on free mode at first if you wanted to practice a bit before we play.

Otherwise, be forewarned that I may use a chopper during TDM/DM.;)

I'm playing a lil bit of the GTA IV vanilla free mode right now to get re-adjusted to the weapons from that game. I'm currently seeing if any of the glitches I mess around with in the Episodes free roams are still viable on the old game or not. Right now I'm hiding inside a building in southern Algonquin that has a glitched doorway to it.;)

Cheapest, maybe you can give all of us a tour of the glitch sites on GTA4 heh. Some of the Youtube videos are hilarious.

[quote name='inanim8']Cheapest, maybe you can give all of us a tour of the glitch sites on GTA4 heh. Some of the Youtube videos are hilarious.[/QUOTE]
I'd be glad to. Two of the best I've seen and exploited are the swingset glitch(the one that sends your car flying multiple blocks;)) and the helicopter under the map glitch.

There's also a set of holes in the map near the Algonquin helipad where if you do it right you can push a motorcycle through the larger hole and then go through the smaller one yourself and drive the bike UNDERWATER.;)

I've never been able to do that one myself, but a friend of mine did it the one night we were playing.

There's also at least one building whose doorway you can glitch through and end up inside a building.

But yeah, we'll definitely have to set this up sometime.

FYI: All of the glitches I've just talked about can also be done in single player, but with the swingset glitch you have a really high chance of being ejected from your vehicle in single player.

bread's done
Back