CAG GTAIV Night: Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel[ 9/2 @ 10pm EST ]

[quote name='bmachine']Operating flawlessly. No issues at all.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's good to hear. My system was starting to get video problems(line scrolling up the screen while playing a game, slipping in and out of the XMB screen and back into the game while at the XMB screen), so I dumped it on Gamestop as well as a bunch of my games(including my open copy of GTA IV). Of course, I still have the two copies of GTA IV from the Special Editions I picked up on clearance from Blockbuster, so I can just crack one of those open if I want to play.

[quote name='KILLER1212']I have no problem finding big gta games. The problem is people still haven't learned how to play. There are lots of crybabies and quitters out there without a clue. Just because people in this thread talk about other games and penis, doesn't mean this game has seen its final days.[/QUOTE]

Thing is, are those 'big gta games' auto-aim on? Those seem to attract quite a few players to them still, but I refuse to play auto-aim on since it takes no skill whatsoever(not that I have any to begin with lol).

I mean, the auto-aim games are a good way to rack up shitloads of $$$ to try and level up, but what gets me are all the idiots playing it who act like they're SO skilled.

Even a chimp could press the left trigger to lock on and the right trigged to fire.

I invited a few people I used to play auto-aim matches against every so often into a game with a buddy of mine who only plays auto aim off matches and they got scores that measured up to their real skill level(1-2 kills, dozens of deaths).

I traded in my open launch day copy of GTAIV to Gamestop last week in order to facilitate getting the slim, but I still have the two copies from the two special editions of GTAIV I kept from the Blockbuster clearance.

But if I wanna be able to play tomorrow night, I gotta decide TONIGHT, since I gotta redownload all the friggin' firmware patches for GTAIV before tomorrow night.

What to do, what to do? Of course, I also have a lil spare cash, so I might just go to Blockbuster and buy a used copy of GTAIV and leave my copies sealed still.

Of course, I also traded the 120gb hdd for the 360 I found @ Kmart for a copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla, which I'm also trying to play through right now.

Oh and btw, I can actually get connected and stay connected on RF:G, so I may be joining in Thursday night's game too. :razz:

[quote name='kube00']so Wednesday?[/QUOTE]

I'll host tomorrow night. 10pm start. Let's do this!

[quote name='kube00']I'm getting Batman soon. I'll get Borderlands and Uncharted 2 in Oct[/QUOTE]

Batman is so freakin' good. I'm playing it slowly because I don't want it to end. Need to savor every little moment.

And, good news about those other two. I definitely want to get something started for the multiplayer/co-op on both of those games.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Oh and btw, I can actually get connected and stay connected on RF:G, so I may be joining in Thursday night's game too. :razz:[/QUOTE]

Excellent news. It's a ton of fun.

[quote name='bmachine']Excellent news. It's a ton of fun.[/QUOTE]

If by 'ton of fun' you mean people camping spawn points for stealth and other items to give themselves an unfair advantage, then yes it's great fun.

Hopefully, my opinion of the online will change once I play against fellow CAG's.

[quote name='bmachine']I'll host tomorrow night. 10pm start. Let's do this!

Batman is so freakin' good. I'm playing it slowly because I don't want it to end. Need to savor every little moment.

And, good news about those other two. I definitely want to get something started for the multiplayer/co-op on both of those games.

Excellent news. It's a ton of fun.[/QUOTE]

I am quite happy that Batman is looking like an early GOTY contender. :bouncy:

I might give GTA4 a shot next week, but not sure, hopefully you guys can keep it going and have a great turnout tomorrow!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If by 'ton of fun' you mean people camping spawn points for stealth and other items to give themselves an unfair advantage, then yes it's great fun.

Hopefully, my opinion of the online will change once I play against fellow CAG's.[/QUOTE]

Nope, that's not what I meant. ;)

so how come microsoft is getting another dlc set ( Ballad of Gay Tony) and the ps3 gta4 set still dont have anything? are we ever getting any dlc for gta4 on ps3?

[quote name='lokizz']so how come microsoft is getting another dlc set ( Ballad of Gay Tony) and the ps3 gta4 set still dont have anything? are we ever getting any dlc for gta4 on ps3?[/QUOTE]

:roll::roll: Personally, I'd prefer a second disc like the 'GTA London 1969' that they had for the PS1 version of GTA, since at least then I have something I can resell if I get bored with it.

But for anything over $5 an episode, downloadable content is overrated.

So I guess the usual crew of 3-4 people will show up tonight? That's been the standard as of late, it seems.

Now I'm wondering if I really should've opened the sealed copy of GTAIV from one of the Special Editions I have lying around the house, since it seems like the online portion of this game is dying off now.

Even when I play against Swavage and a couple other friends on PSN, it's tough to get more than 2-4 other people to join a game anymore.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:roll::roll: Personally, I'd prefer a second disc like the 'GTA London 1969' that they had for the PS1 version of GTA, since at least then I have something I can resell if I get bored with it.

But for anything over $5 an episode, downloadable content is overrated.[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt mind that either as long as we could get something. the gay tony dlc looks to have alot of cool stuff in it and parachutes.

Parachutes in the Gay Tony DLC? Oh man, now I'm really wondering why I chose the PS3 over the 360, since I could live without the destructible enviros(which I also wanted in an update/dlc), but I wanted to be able to base jump in GTA IV.

I guess no one else is showing up though, huh? Randy and I are both on, DD is on too(but on Life w/ Playstation), so I guess tonight is another dead night for GTA?

Just me and Cheapest on tonight. This night died harder than Bruce Willis.

R0000159.jpg

That's quite alright, Kube. The way it's looking, I should've kept that sealed copy I opened to keep playing GTA IV sealed. Though about 10 minutes after Randy left, a couple other friends invited me into a game and I just got done playing about 20 minutes ago.

We mainly played Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch, but it was still a fun night since some of them hadn't played GTA online in forever.

When it's only 2-4 of us on CAG night, we should definitely try playing some Hangman's NOOSE or Deal Breaker. Those are fun games for a small group to go through and they take as long as some of the Cops & Crooks games we've played on CAG night.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's quite alright, Kube. The way it's looking, I should've kept that sealed copy I opened to keep playing GTA IV sealed. Though about 10 minutes after Randy left, a couple other friends invited me into a game and I just got done playing about 20 minutes ago.

[/QUOTE]

Ah, you should have PM'd me! I would've hopped back in. I was just messing around with some of the beat 'em up challenges in Batman.

We ended up playing Deal Breaker for about an hour or two after most of our other friends left this morning. Deal Breaker and Hangman's NOOSE are great modes if you're trying to level up to the next rank in the game, since you get $100 for every enemy you kill in those modes and in HN the NOOSE guys keep coming eternally I think.

If we have another pretty dead night for CAG GTA night next week and there's only 2-4 of us, we could even try Bomb Da Base or some of the other smaller modes besides DB and HN.

I guess since no one bumped this thread, that means that CAG night is officially DEAD for this week and possibly for good? I should be around again tonight, though if we only have 1-3 people show up again, I could always invite a few PSN friends to bump up the total of people playing. Though if I invite my friend LUDE, you guys are gonna freak if we play TDM or DM, since he can pick you off from 2-3 blocks away with an assault rifle.

I wouldn't pay over $5 for DLC for any game though, so I'd be waiting till they release a physical disc version and it hits clearance at some store. But that's just me, I guess.

If they released a patch for parachutes at least, I'd be happy, since I can cause enough mayhem with just the normal weapons without needing the flamethrower and other weapons they eliminated.

Well, once again it's looking like there's a total no show. Oh well.....least one of my PSN friends is on to play this, though I may just say to hell with it tonight myself.

Anyone know if the GTA4 episodes disc (for 360) requires the full game? I heard they put rockets back onto the helicopters so I might pick it up.

Also if we're really retiring GTA Night, we should at least do one last C&C marathon/F@ggio race once xxx fixes his PS3. It'll be just like old times
, Snake!!!!!
!

[quote name='metaly']Anyone know if the GTA4 episodes disc (for 360) requires the full game? I heard they put rockets back onto the helicopters so I might pick it up.

Also if we're really retiring GTA Night, we should at least do one last C&C marathon/F@ggio race once xxx fixes his PS3. It'll be just like old times
, Snake!!!!!
![/QUOTE]

The twin pack of DLC for the xbox doesn't require the full game to play.

I'll give it one more shot once xxx comes back.

Who knows mabe I'll trade the game away after that. For the longest time it was the only game I had , after I beat Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank which I sold to my roommate for $40 a piece.

Ahh, i recall hunting the pidgeons down...then I got MGS 4, and I quit doing that.

[quote name='Dasflikko']The twin pack of DLC for the xbox doesn't require the full game to play.[/QUOTE]

Good news. I'll probably pick it up at some point down the line. (By then, maybe the famous PS3-Owners-with-360s Club will be there for some multiplayer.)

[quote name='metaly']Good news. I'll probably pick it up at some point down the line. (By then, maybe the famous PS3-Owners-with-360s Club will be there for some multiplayer.)[/QUOTE]

Dude wtf, do not mention the sekret society of PS3 owners w/ three suxties. Now someone is going to have to be assassinated...

[quote name='kube00']I'll give it one more shot once xxx comes back.

Who knows mabe I'll trade the game away after that. For the longest time it was the only game I had , after I beat Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank which I sold to my roommate for $40 a piece.

Ahh, i recall hunting the pidgeons down...then I got MGS 4, and I quit doing that.[/QUOTE]

I never really bothered even trying to hunt down the pigeons, since the reward was that gimpidy gimp gimped sore ass excuse for an attack helicopter.

Now the one in Vice City on the other hand, if THAT were the reward for doing the pigeon hunting in this game, I would've gladly done it.

I remember flying around humming the Air Wolf theme while playing the "Brown Thunder"(what they called the vigilante missions in VC when you took a chopper to do them) missions. You could use the two analog sticks to fly it(unlike the controls in THIS game)with the left stick moving you forward and back and side to side and the right stick was solely for elevation.

Best place to do the vigilante missions at was over the airport, since the criminals would usually spawn right inside the airport and you could just annihilate them with rockets, then wait for the next batch to spawn for the next level.

I actually did 200-300 levels of the Vigilante missions with the chopper, which took over SIX HOURS to do. By the time I was too sleepy to continue(level 300) I had amassed about $175 MILLION dollars in the game.:lol::roll:

After level 100, I think they started giving $1 million + for each level. Now if Rockstar were to release a GTA triple pack for the PS3 with all three real GTA games from last gen(not those silly fuckin' 'Stories' games that were ports of the PSP version), I would gladly buy it(as long as it was like $20 or so).

As for GTA night being 'retired', if XXX comes back and feels the same, then I'll make a new thread for GTA night, since the game has been getting a bit more traffic as of late on the PS3 servers.

I just wish that Rockstar would at least introduce a patch to include parachutes. That might well add some life to the possibilities for this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we can get some sort of word from xxx(who runs THIS thread) that he's done with the game as well, then I'll gladly start a new one up. However, I think everybody who used to play from this thread was waiting till he had his PS3 fixed to see if they wanted to do one last CAG GTA IV night with some of the old players.

As for me, I'm always up for messing around with glitches in Free Mode or trying to level up with some Deal Breaker or Hangman's NOOSE. So, even if some from the old crew wanted to try and level up before officially finishing with this game, I'd be down for that for a couple hours.

As of now I'm free most nights and I usually pop on around 7-8pm EST.

Oh, thought I told you you could start your own one?

I still don't have a timetable on when I'll be back, got plenty of schoolwork to keep me busy this week so don't know if I'll be able to patch it up enough to get into GS.

So go ahead if you want a new "Official" thread.

OK. I just wanted to make sure I got your permission first before making a new thread.

Anyone who has played on CAG GTA night prior is more than welcome if they want to come back sporadically for a night or two.

Anyone still jump on this? I thought I would be timely and grabbed this post Xmas. Will prolly start playing soonish. Is online worth playing?

I usually mess around with glitches in a Free Mode game online or join a Team Deathmatch/Deathmatch game with friends(when they invite me anymore, that is). As for the rest of the modes, the Hangman's Noose/Deal Breaker/Bomb Da Base modes are pretty fun and kind of hectic at times, but outside of those 4-6 modes I don't really play that much of this game anymore.

The most fun to be had is just getting 10-16 people into a Free Mode with friendly fire off but cops on and just having fun causing as much havoc as possible, if you ask me. I used to do that for HOURS on the last gen GTA games.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Anyone still jump on this? I thought I would be timely and grabbed this post Xmas. Will prolly start playing soonish. Is online worth playing?[/QUOTE]

imo the only thing still fun in that game is the racing.

Hey guys, fantastic games tonight!

That crazy ass stunt that Randy pulled when his flaming car flew through the air and landed on DD and then exploded was INSANE.

See you next game night!!!

Wait a second. So Dasflikko, Randy and DD are still playing this? Since when? I thought you guys all sold your copies. Or was that XXX and Kube who did?

If you guys play again one of these nights, lemme know, as I'm always playing this at night(instead of one of my umpteen games I should be trying to get through).

Matter of fact, I just finished playing around in a Free Mode just now.

Ha! That was great!

First I was like this:
moby-gun.jpg
Then there was some of this:
moped1.jpg
Then Metaly and I were like this:
xprs-i-spy.jpg
And DD was like this:
19-ohnoes.jpg
And at the end I was like this:
a_winner_is_you_1024.jpg

[quote name='bmachine']Now I'm like this:
4087549537.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Don't believe Ondore's Randy's lies!!! That's a photoshopped screenshot.

XXX plz keep the thread alive, we need it to coordinate our of tha hook battlez.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dasflikko']Bump for game night! :twoguns::twoguns::twoguns::twoguns::twoguns:[/QUOTE]

Since when did you all start playing this again? I figured after you all took off for RF:G that this game(and thread) was relegated to collect dust on your shelves.

I take it you all play the usual C&C, TDM, rinse, repeat ad nauseam, followed by a Cannonball Run to finish off the night format like before, huh?

And I'm guessing I'm excluded from this game night nowadays, right?:razz:

bread's done
Back