CAG GTAIV Night: Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel[ 9/2 @ 10pm EST ]

[quote name='mguiddy']No BF 2142 for me... punkbuster sucks ass.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was fine playing on one server, I upped my video settings and joined a different server and got kicked by punkbuster after about 5 minutes.

If by 'tweaks' you mean glitches, then play some Deathmatch down by the boat docks in Algonquin and I'll shoot up from underground at you.

That's what we did last week, messing with some glitches, it was quite fun imo.

I'm still trying to figure out wtf is wrong with this dreamGear Shadow PS3 controller, since it worked fine up till it fully charged and then it just went all weird on me.

Are there still people on the demo servers? Let me know if you want to try playing a few rounds. It's way better as a squad.

And yeah, Punkbuster does suck. Were you guys running any weird programs in the background?

[quote name='metaly']Are there still people on the demo servers? Let me know if you want to try playing a few rounds. It's way better as a squad.

And yeah, Punkbuster does suck. Were you guys running any weird programs in the background?[/QUOTE]

There were about 4 servers to choose from, each with between 5-10 people in them. Nothing weird programs unless it doesn't like avg anti virus.

[quote name='metaly']Are there still people on the demo servers? Let me know if you want to try playing a few rounds. It's way better as a squad.

And yeah, Punkbuster does suck. Were you guys running any weird programs in the background?[/QUOTE]
I don't think Punkbuster likes WINE.:roll:

Why don't you just buy Quake Wars?:cool:

[quote name='mguiddy']... Yeah... Same here.[/QUOTE]

borat_high_five.jpg

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Quake Wars, eh? Saw that for $6 at Big Lots the other day. . . .[/QUOTE]
I know... and to think I got the import version for $20 from that one site not long after it came out... I gotta learn that I don't game on the PC much.:roll::lol: It, well the demo, is hella fun though.

Pretty fun GTA4 night. Red Faction was the best game for me for about 2 weeks, but the use of P2P connections instead of actual servers kind of annoyed the hell out of me

I just played 2142 for about an hour without getting kicked, so I guess it was that one server. The real question is 2142 at $20 or TF2 for $10 at best buy.

Yep, there's no way I'll be there tomorrow. I'll be lucky to be around this weekend. I idiotically bought a power supply from someone in China... :roll: I checked their feedback and determined it'd probably take around a month to get here. :bomb:
Though I bought another yesterday from someone in New York so hopefully that'll get here before the weekend. And hopefully that fixes it... if it doesn't I'll cry. :cry:

And... as a reminder to everyone... back yo shit up. :lol:
Months ago (actually, I think it's when my original hard drive failed and I upgraded to a 320 gig) I bought a PATA/SATA to usb adapter mainly so I could back up my ps3, but you know I never did.:bomb::dunce::censored:

How did you determine that your's was the power supply? I just got the blinking light while playing so I'm thinking the fans didn't kick on and it overheated.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']How did you determine that your's was the power supply? I just got the blinking light while playing so I'm thinking the fans didn't kick on and it overheated.[/QUOTE]
It acts like it's not plugged in. :lol: No light, no nothing.

Oh well. I guess I'll be the only one messing with glitches or playing tomorrow night, unless Metaly and a few others show up like last week.

But uhhh, could we maybe not take so long on a 'vote' whether or not to play the game this week, since that vote too like half an hour last week.:roll:

Oh and I should be getting a copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla again. I'm trading someone the 120gbHDD for 360 I found @ Kmart for it, though I really shoulda held out for 2 games.:lol:

Plus, my connection seems to have stabilized since I switched to the different modem, so maybe I can try to join CAG RF:G night on Thurs. :D

I just gotta ask....are there any gas stations on Mars? :D

I saw this one video that someone linked on Gamefaqs from YouTube. If you thought that glitch to walk under the water was interesting, you should see this one.

The person in the video was riding a dirt bike UNDERWATER by the end of the video.

For a second there, I thought you meant the planes at the airport, but now I realize you meant that dropoff. I haven't tried the glitch myself as of yet, but I have a damn good idea where it's at.

It's by where you get the heli in the Bomb Da Base multiplayer game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

I just gotta ask....are there any gas stations on Mars? :D[/QUOTE]

Why, yes there is... :D
Just not online, I'm afraid. :(

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Why, yes there is... :D
Just not online, I'm afraid. :([/QUOTE]

Damn. Well, I know there's a ton of bottomless pits on Mars though. :D I wonder if I can jump out before sending my teammates to their doom? :lol:

Nah. I'm kidding actually,I'm done doing that(unless someone comes into my free mode game and proceeds to try and kill me for 10 minutes). Then, it's WAR!!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Damn. Well, I know there's a ton of bottomless pits on Mars though. :D I wonder if I can jump out before sending my teammates to their doom? :lol:

Nah. I'm kidding actually,I'm done doing that(unless someone comes into my free mode game and proceeds to try and kill me for 10 minutes). Then, it's WAR!![/QUOTE]
There are no vehicles in multiplayer.

[quote name='mguiddy']There are no vehicles in multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Well shit. How the fuck am I supposed to get kills in deathmatch then? There is a deathmatch mode, right?

I can't host tonight, I'm getting ready to go out of town for a couple weeks and have a big project to finish. I think kube is next in the line of hosting succession.

Cheapest, you'll get a kick out of this:

I just bought a new Sony Bravia HDTV and the first thing it told me to do when I set it up was to update the firmware. ;)

[quote name='bmachine']Cheapest, you'll get a kick out of this:

I just bought a new Sony Bravia HDTV and the first thing it told me to do when I set it up was to update the firmware. ;)[/QUOTE]

I happen to have a picture of Cheapest when he heard about the firmware too!

UsedWiimote.jpg

Well, seeing as how I don't have and don't want an HDtv, I don't think I'll have a problem with random FW updates just showing up that I HAVE to download.

But I know that Sept. 1st is the next scheduled one and I read somewhere that the whiny bitches who wanted 'zomg cross game chat' will be getting their wish come true with it.

And yet again, totally fuckin' useless for me. Gotta love this shit.

Anyway, besides Truthiness, who else is definitely going to try and make it?

Cheapest talking about whiny bitches... That would make you the pot then? ;)

Seriously, you complained about the text chat and you used that. You might like cross game voice chat.

Haven't people been suspecting it would be in every firmware update since like 2.0? Why would this one be any different... I'm still waiting on my carrier hawks.

Check this shit out.

From the guy that leaked/predicted the ps3 slim (like it's exact details). Oh and if you can't be bothered to go through the whole thing, the company he's referring to is comprised of two initials. Both in the first 5 letters of the alphabet.

Sorry, bored while eating dinner. The internetz is a great place.

EDIT: No cross game chat btw. :cool:

[quote name='mguiddy']I'm still waiting on my carrier hawks.[/QUOTE]
^- i believe this to be the superior option

and damn SB thats some crazy info in that post D:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='StrandedBrit']Check this shit out.

From the guy that leaked/predicted the ps3 slim (like it's exact details). Oh and if you can't be bothered to go through the whole thing, the company he's referring to is comprised of two initials. Both in the first 5 letters of the alphabet.

Sorry, bored while eating dinner. The internetz is a great place.

EDIT: No cross game chat btw. :cool:[/QUOTE]
fuck EA in the ass with a rusty fireplace poker.

[quote name='mguiddy']Cheapest talking about whiny bitches... That would make you the pot then? ;)

Seriously, you complained about the text chat and you used that. You might like cross game voice chat.[/QUOTE]

Only because text chat is wayyyy faster than sending PM after PM after PM.

So I guess Kube isn't even gonna show up tonight to play host? Oh well, I made a Free Mode that Swavage, Truthiness and I are in...with only rockets for weapons and cops ON. :razz:

Somebody give this game night it's last rites cuz I think this game has seen it's final days. Even when I play against my other PSN friends(Swavage, for one), we all noticed that not many people are coming into the games anymore.

It takes a good 10-20 minutes to even get 1-3 people to join a DM/TDM game and even when I make a Free Mode, unless I invite my friends there's no one really joining anymore.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']In other words next week? Well then, let's get this started. By the way, how's your PS3 working since you got it back from Sony, Randy.[/QUOTE]

Operating flawlessly. No issues at all.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']In other words next week? Well then, let's get this started. By the way, how's your PS3 working since you got it back from Sony, Randy.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what he means. GTA4 night is EVERY week!

In other news, I'm in the middle of repairing mine so I'll no in about an hour whether or not it was successful. Regardless, I'll eventually be buying a new system to replace it since I no longer trust the 60gb model hardware.

In other news, Arkham Asylum is a lot of fun.

Oh, and you bitches need to buy Uncharted 2 and Borderlands in October.

The internet has spoken!

I have no problem finding big gta games. The problem is people still haven't learned how to play. There are lots of crybabies and quitters out there without a clue. Just because people in this thread talk about other games and penis, doesn't mean this game has seen its final days.

bread's done
Back