CAG Hacked - PHPBB Destroyer - Fake Plugin

oops, I downloaded the plug, installed it, and then put it on cd's and distributed to people for them to use...was that bad?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout'][quote name='MorPhiend']How were some people posting during the hack? Are they using Firefox or Safari?[/quote]

no idea....i kept going back and forth to get a 1/2 second glimpse of some of the new posts between getting redirected :lol: some times resulting in me only being able to read one new word at a time[/quote]

Wow, that's insanity.

[quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='masha']

neah. It's not mine. Someone reminded me yesterday about this trick. Don't remember who it was, but I remenber big rounded B :bouncy: :bouncy: bs
[/quote]

It wouldn't be these would they? ;)[/quote]

Gotch ya ....them... :rofl:

I tried searching for sp2patch.exe but it couldn't find it. Does that mean i'm safe? I could find sp2patch.exe in regedit though. And i checked the system processes not in safe mode and found only 1 csrss.exe. I'm really paranoid now, can anyone tell me if i'm safe or not?

[quote name='whoknows']oops, I downloaded the plug, installed it, and then put it on cd's and distributed to people for them to use...was that bad?[/quote]

Yes, very bad. You will undoubtedly burst into flames at any moment.

[quote name='Scorch']..Why was my post deleted.. and when did it get "hacked" again?[/quote]

I don't think your post was deleted. Masha made two threads.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']http://plugin.xtupx.com/

no plug-in download, but i was getting redirected to the above link[/quote]

same here.

i blame fat wallet..... those bastards.

Sounds llike you're ok/ csrss.exe is a system process, so there should be one running. If therre are a bunch, then you're in trouble...

We fixed this fast this time. We will do our best to keep this site safe for the CAG community.

Please do NOT download anything from a popup! EVER

Okay, I thought I was safe...but I wasn't. There was something flashing on my screen for a bit, and then it stopped. And then it flashed again real quick. It did this quite a number of times before I rebooted to Safe Mode and checked to see if there was anything modified during the time I installed the plugin (when I opened it, nothing happened, but it did install). What I did was searched in my C:\Windows\system32\ folder for anything that was modified during the night I had installed it. It appears that there was a folder created on February 28, 2005 10:30pm (the time I had installed the plugin). I deleted the folder, which had csrss.exe in it (I guess it was a clone or something). And I also ran REGEDIT and deleted sp2patch.exe (I don't have Service Pack 2, so anything related to that I really don't care if I delete it or not). So ends my story. Everything is running fine...except that I get an error after I boot up telling me that C:\Windows\system32\SomeWeirdFolderName\csrss.exe is missing. So I get into the Task Manager and it shows that csrss.exe is already running.

Does anyone know how to get rid of that error message? My comp runs fine now, it's just the error message that pops up that is troubling me now.

[quote name='Zman310'][quote name='whoknows']oops, I downloaded the plug, installed it, and then put it on cd's and distributed to people for them to use...was that bad?[/quote]

Yes, very bad. You will undoubtedly burst into flames at any moment.[/quote]

Oh well, I guess I'll go stand near my neighbors house, so I dont die without doing some damage. My neighbors are morons.

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='whoknows'][quote name='Rig']Warning: main(module.Informer.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/confixx/html/fehler.inc.php on line 36

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'module.Informer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/www/confixx/html/fehler.inc.php on line 36

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: informerpresentation in /home/www/confixx/html/fehler.inc.php on line 52[/quote]

I'm getting this too, and I searched for sp2patch.exe and didn't find it...what should I do now?

Edit: The patch never got downloaded to my knowledge.[/quote]

I don't think anything happened with this one. Well, hopefully nothing was downloaded... :?[/quote]

Yeah, it looks like their host shut them down.

didn't read through this entire thread but have a few suggestions. you could always install and run SpywareBlaster - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

it will prevent most of this garbage from insalling. it works for both IE and Firefox. they release updates for new stuff every other week or so too.

or you could also use SpywareGuard - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html which is a realtime spyware scanner. its basically like A/V software for spyware.

the best part - both of these programs are completely free.

also, I would also use AdAware and Spybot to scan for already existing stuff on your pc.

AdAware - http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/

Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

or you can also use MS own spyware software which offers realtime protection as well as anytime scanning.

MS Antispyware - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

the MS software is in beta form at this time however but seems to work very well.

hope this helps.

[quote name='chrishicks']didn't read through this entire thread but have a few suggestions. you could always install and run SpywareBlaster - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

it will prevent most of this garbage from insalling. it works for both IE and Firefox. they release updates for new stuff every other week or so too.

or you could also use SpywareGuard - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html which is a realtime spyware scanner. its basically like A/V software for spyware.

the best part - both of these programs are completely free.

also, I would also use AdAware and Spybot to scan for already existing stuff on your pc.

AdAware - http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/

Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

or you can also use MS own spyware software which offers realtime protection as well as anytime scanning.

MS Antispyware - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

the MS software is in beta form at this time however but seems to work very well.

hope this helps.[/quote]

Antispyware and antivirus programs don't seem to be catching this thing for people who clicked to install it.

13. If you reboot and do not get any errors then you may have been successful. If you ctr-alt-del you can see the system processes. If you see only 1 csrss.exe then you have it.

I see one csrss.exe, does that means i have a virus?
I hope not. :roll:

[quote name='greendj27']

Antispyware and antivirus programs don't seem to be catching this thing for people who clicked to install it.[/quote]

NOD32 cought it last night with no problem. I STOPped using other AVs a few years ago.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='greendj27']

Antispyware and antivirus programs don't seem to be catching this thing for people who clicked to install it.[/quote]

NOD32 cought it last night with no problem.[/quote]

I just heard people talking about it last night and saying that Norton and some others weren't catching it. I guess some can though.

[quote name='CheapyD']
Yeah, it looks like their host shut them down.[/quote]

They'll move it to another server and ....try again.

[quote name='CappyCobra']THose punks at eaxposed are all giddy with the script kiddie tool that got release for phpbb.

*Disclaimer*
Linking to the 'hacker' forum. Mods, nuke it if you wish. Just wanted to show people here those punks agendas.

Hacker Punks and thier script kiddie tools[/quote]

What fuckers. I just read the entire topic. Their just playing around it seems and going after random sites. I hope they all burn for putting good honest sites down like this. Stupid idiots. And I here that CAG was attacked again, when? Also, what happened to my thread in the CAG news, feedback, and site assistance forum?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Mods or whoever, I say use their stupid shaq-fuing program against them. Nuke their site.[/quote]

I wise man once said:

Kill'em all and let God sort'em out!
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I'm all outta gum!

- Duke Nukem
_1544813_game150.jpg

[quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Mods or whoever, I say use their stupid shaq-fuing program against them. Nuke their site.[/quote]

I wise man once said:

- Duke Nukem
_1544813_game150.jpg
[/quote]

Truly a wise man indeed. Now where is our Duke Nukem Forever.

[quote name='Scorch']holy shit, these guys don't even deserve to be called hackers.. just some script kiddies.[/quote]

I read through that. I had no idea what was going on... :?

[quote name='Scorch']holy shit, these guys don't even deserve to be called hackers.. just some script kiddies.[/quote]

You're right about that. One thing I don't get is what do they have against CAG? What is their vendetta? Did they miss out on a deal/sale and now are disgruntled or something. What's the point of going after a site like this is where I"m getting at.

[quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Mods or whoever, I say use their stupid shaq-fuing program against them. Nuke their site.[/quote]

I wise man once said:

- Duke Nukem
_1544813_game150.jpg
[/quote]

Actually Rowdy Roddy Piper said that in "They Live". I feel old.

[quote name='Randomthts'][quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Mods or whoever, I say use their stupid shaq-fuing program against them. Nuke their site.[/quote]

I wise man once said:

- Duke Nukem
_1544813_game150.jpg
[/quote]

Actually Rowdy Roddy Piper said that in "They Live". I feel old.[/quote]

You've actually seen that before??? Whenever TNT or TBS would air that after WCW, I would quickly change the channel.

[quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='Randomthts'][quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Mods or whoever, I say use their stupid shaq-fuing program against them. Nuke their site.[/quote]

I wise man once said:

- Duke Nukem
_1544813_game150.jpg
[/quote]

Actually Rowdy Roddy Piper said that in "They Live". I feel old.[/quote]

You've actually seen that before??? Whenever TNT or TBS would air that after WCW, I would quickly change the channel.[/quote]

Actually I saw at a theater when it came out. Ah, good times.

What was up with the recent php errors that just happened a moment ago? I was trying to get in to any thread but it kept saying php:critical error or something similiar.

[quote name='CheapyD']I saw "They Live" in the theater too. :oops:

FYI, I'm hiring a Server Security guy to work on the CAG server.[/quote]

Maybe you could hire this dude. I'm sure he'll keep your server safe ;)
bruiser.jpg

[quote name='CheapyD']I saw "They Live" in the theater too. :oops:

Does that mean you'll be raising the CAG monthly subscription fee?

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='CheapyD']I saw "They Live" in the theater too. :oops:

Does that mean you'll be raising the CAG monthly subscription fee?[/quote]

Yep, it's now two beatings, three BJ's, and a happy ending.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='CheapyD']I saw "They Live" in the theater too. :oops:

Does that mean you'll be raising the CAG monthly subscription fee?[/quote]

Yep, it's now two beatings, three BJ's, and a happy ending.[/quote]

All I have left is a BJ.

The word is "crackers" - which more often than not have not done any actual hacking.

[quote name='Socheata']I deleted the folder, which had csrss.exe in it (I guess it was a clone or something). And I also ran REGEDIT and deleted sp2patch.exe (I don't have Service Pack 2, so anything related to that I really don't care if I delete it or not). So ends my story. Everything is running fine...except that I get an error after I boot up telling me that C:\Windows\system32\SomeWeirdFolderName\csrss.exe is missing. So I get into the Task Manager and it shows that csrss.exe is already running.

Does anyone know how to get rid of that error message? My comp runs fine now, it's just the error message that pops up that is troubling me now.[/quote]

Same problem here.

hey, i know absolutely nothing about all this redirect stuff, etc...but i have a question...is this "program" everyone is saying not to download something that was installed automatically onto a user's machine when logged into CAG or is it something along the lines of actually "agreeing" (if that is the right word?) to d/l something (ie. my knowingly d/ling a program like spybot from download.com)?

i haven't d/led anything from CAG but was redirected to some page with programming code on it like most others, and just want to know if i need to go through all the steps that cheapyd and defender outlined

this is me reading this whole thread :?:

thanks to one & all in advance :D

If you saw something like this...

Code:
Warning: main(module.Informer.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/confixx/html/fehler.inc.php on line 36 

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'module.Informer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/www/confixx/html/fehler.inc.php on line 36 

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: informerpresentation in /home/www/confixx/html/fehler.inc.php on line 52

then I think you are ok. Looks like the "hackers" site was taken down by the host or something.

thats exactly what it was

thx cheapy :D

[quote name='CheapyD']If you saw something like this...

Code:
Warning: main(module.Informer.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/confixx/html/fehler.inc.php on line 36 

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: informerpresentation in /home/www/confixx/html/fehler.inc.php on line 52

then I think you are ok. Looks like the "hackers" site was taken down by the host or something.[/quote]

Did anyone else notice something while surfing the site yesterday that seemed like another hacker attack? I noticed it around the time I signed off.

Huh, weird. I had that plugin and forgot to remove. So when I ran lavasoft's adware detection program today(which had to be updated), apparently it was deleted after it was completed. Cause the folder isn't there anymore. Just something that I'd thought I'd pass along for those that haven't removed it yet.

bread's done
Back