CAG Hot Shots Golf: OoB Night [ Who Knows ]

Hi Guys

sorry i missed my tee time thur, was not watching this thread close enough:cry:

i'll be there next week.

MadDog1061

Hey guys I'm totally up for playing. Is it possible someone could PM me any details that come by? I'm starting to lose track of everything ><

PSN: Keosuke

I started to update my PS3 to the newest firmware and went down to get some icecream. Of course the wife grabbed me and made me do dishes and I started to watch TV and by the time I got back up it was well past the starting point.

I'll make it next week.

PSN: Landshrk83
CAG: landshrk83
Time Zone: EST
Available: Mon-Thurs after 6pm, some weekends
Keyboard: possible

I'm definitely in for some east coast gaming this week. However, due to my work schedule, I might have to join up with the west coast gamers for a few weeks or skip a week here or there if I go to midnight shift (I work swing shifts). I'll add everyone here to my friends list when I get the time, do the same with my PSN ID if you have the room.

This schedule is not final, but this will give everyone a good idea what I might do. I might move the PST game to Tuesday.

Schedule:
Date: 4/2
Time: 9pm EST (6pm PST)
Type: Groups
Date: 4/3
Time: 9pm PST (12am EST)
Type: Groups
Date: 4/5
Time: 6pm EST (3pm PST)
Type: Tournament
I'm thinking two group games per week (one early and one late), and one Tournament. I might move a tournament to Sunday, but I'll still figure out a perfect day. It's something I'd like to do on a weekend afternoon IMO.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I will let everyone know what server we will meet up at:
Clubhouse -> Floor 7 -> Lobby 12 (outdoors)[/quote]

Should we make this the default meeting place for all events?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Reserved for teaming up people and groups.

Wed (9pm EST)
Amicusu
buddah8640
DeskLaser
BigMesy
HockeyGoalie3737
Jest311
StrandedBrit

Thurs (9pm EST)
Amicusu
blackjaw
DeskLaser
BigMesy
HockeyGoalie3737
Jest311
MadDog1061

Wed (9pm PST)
CrashSpyro
DesertEagleXIX
ElWeaselo
notorious_pip
rooster32

Thurs (9pm PST)
DesertEagleXIX
buddah8640
ElWeaselo
notorious_pip
rooster32[/quote]

You have me playing on Wed(EST) and Thu(PST). I am guessing that I am supposed to be on Wed(EST). Or am I supposed to play both days????

[quote name='buddah8640']You have me playing on Wed(EST) and Thu(PST). I am guessing that I am supposed to be on Wed(EST). Or am I supposed to play both days????[/QUOTE]The list is outdated. All the list indicated was when people should be available, based on their schedules. Basically, the schedule was made and it suited your schedule, so show up whenever you want.

I'm thinking of just making groups as people file in online. I'll be surprised if more than 8 show up, to be honest, for the first time.

I hope it's not too late for me to join, and that it is in fact ok for me to join, given that I don't post here often (I do lurk a fair bit). Having a ton of fun with this game, but I know once I become a G1 the online fun will dry up until they open up more tournaments. Here's my info:

Adman_and_Jezzy "AdmanCS" (the name shows up as Adman_and_J... in game)
Time Zone: EST
Available: Everyday, usually in the afternoon through late evening
Keyboard: No

Well everyone, just get together in the lobby and someone can decide to start the game. Very slim chance I'll be attending since I'm swamped with work again. :whistle2:( I will continue updating this thread and stick around it.

Whoever starts the game, can you please remember to make the game speed 'slow'. Even at normal speed you can get timed out pretty easily if you screw some shots up and then you're out of the game until it's over .... which sucks.

Great games everyone and thanks for showing up. I apologize for being late due to my excessive workload, but hopefully in the future (especially if I finish college), I'll have much more time to dedicate to this.

Anyway, I will probably change the room every week to give everyone different scenery (but we will probably stay flood 7, since that is my lucky number). Also, Wednesday will probably be the EST night, but there's no denying I'm debating between Monday and Wednesday (Tuesday or Thursday for Pacific or late night), as the main HSG group night. I'm going to try Tournament on Saturday, and we'll see how things work out.

Thanks for taking the time to organize all this stuff ManaKnight. Very few people I know have PS3 so CAG is my only source of community online gaming. Thanks again.

Oh yeah. You will get better ;) Try to play with advanced shot. I didn't even try traditional, but I thought advanced was very easy to get the hang of, more fun, and easier to use overall (compared to traditional in the older games.)

I usually do fine offline, but I haven't played in a while and my timing was very off.

Yeah, my goal at CAG is to bring people together who lack friends with a PS3. ;)

So from last nights experiment I gather that if you host a course that other people do not have, then they cannot join the game? I think that's what adnan was telling me.

Maybe we should make a list of courses unlocked so people don't get excluded.

Hmm, that was not the case in Hot Shots Golf Fore on PS2. Well, there are downloadable game saves on GameFAQs though. I only have two courses right now and will get the third soon.

Yeah, I'm pretty certain that you can't join games that are using courses you don't have unlocked. Presumably the same thing would happen if you limited a game to a character that people didn't have unlocked also.

That was good fun though, set myself a couple of personal bests. Was nice to play with people online and get to use the character of my choice instead of being limited to the same 3 over and over!

If people are playing tonight I may be there, my wife (jezebelseven) might be there instead.

If there is a match tonight I am going to try to make it. I think I have the first three courses unlocked. I'll check when I get home.

I tried last night, but I didn't see anything going on. What am I missing? Do I not have the correct courses opened yet?

I know we had at least 4 people in a game on the 3rd course last night, and at least 3 of us have the 4th one. Shouldn't be too hard to unlock at least the third.

i'm not sure if there are any games set up for tonight, i will be there at 9pm EST to play any one that wants to. :D

MadDog1061

Yeah, I'm pretty certain that you can't join games that are using courses you don't have unlocked. Presumably the same thing would happen if you limited a game to a character that people didn't have unlocked also.

That was good fun though, set myself a couple of personal bests. Was nice to play with people online and get to use the character of my choice instead of being limited to the same 3 over and over!

If people are playing tonight I may be there, my wife (jezebelseven) might be there instead.

If there is a match tonight I am going to try to make it. I think I have the first three courses unlocked. I'll check when I get home.

I tried last night, but I didn't see anything going on. What am I missing? Do I not have the correct courses opened yet?

I know we had at least 4 people in a game on the 3rd course last night, and at least 3 of us have the 4th one. Shouldn't be too hard to unlock at least the third.

i'm not sure if there are any games set up for tonight, i will be there at 9pm EST to play any one that wants to. :D

MadDog1061

Sorry I missed the games last night guys, but it wasn't for lack of trying. I was trying to get online last night multiple times from 10:30 to 12:30 EST, but i kept getting connection errors, or I'd get in and get booted from the network, or I'd get into the Lobby and then not be able to enter any of the rooms. It was completely frustrating! This was the first time I ever had trouble with HSG or any game that wasn't made by EA Sports. Oh well, hope to see you all online next week or sooner for a game.

[quote name='Plinko']D'oh, missed the EST 9 pm one last night. I'd love to be in the next one.

PSN: RedWingLion[/QUOTE]No worries.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']I didn't notice the switcharoo for West Coast CAG's; I'll try to be on tonight.[/QUOTE]I'll try to get the west coast straightened out next week, by asking everyone when they'd like to play and figure out what days work the best.

[quote name='rooster32']Sorry I missed the games last night guys, but it wasn't for lack of trying. I was trying to get online last night multiple times from 10:30 to 12:30 EST, but i kept getting connection errors, or I'd get in and get booted from the network, or I'd get into the Lobby and then not be able to enter any of the rooms. It was completely frustrating! This was the first time I ever had trouble with HSG or any game that wasn't made by EA Sports. Oh well, hope to see you all online next week or sooner for a game.[/QUOTE]I had online problems last night so no worries, I wasn't there.

Anyway, I hope to have a tournament this Saturday at 6pm EST. If it doesn't work out, we'll just do two group games of 9 holes. If we do a Tournament, it will be the first course, since I want everyone to get in. We will slowly add more courses.

Sorry I missed the games last night guys, but it wasn't for lack of trying. I was trying to get online last night multiple times from 10:30 to 12:30 EST, but i kept getting connection errors, or I'd get in and get booted from the network, or I'd get into the Lobby and then not be able to enter any of the rooms. It was completely frustrating! This was the first time I ever had trouble with HSG or any game that wasn't made by EA Sports. Oh well, hope to see you all online next week or sooner for a game.

[quote name='Plinko']D'oh, missed the EST 9 pm one last night. I'd love to be in the next one.

PSN: RedWingLion[/QUOTE]No worries.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']I didn't notice the switcharoo for West Coast CAG's; I'll try to be on tonight.[/QUOTE]I'll try to get the west coast straightened out next week, by asking everyone when they'd like to play and figure out what days work the best.

[quote name='rooster32']Sorry I missed the games last night guys, but it wasn't for lack of trying. I was trying to get online last night multiple times from 10:30 to 12:30 EST, but i kept getting connection errors, or I'd get in and get booted from the network, or I'd get into the Lobby and then not be able to enter any of the rooms. It was completely frustrating! This was the first time I ever had trouble with HSG or any game that wasn't made by EA Sports. Oh well, hope to see you all online next week or sooner for a game.[/QUOTE]I had online problems last night so no worries, I wasn't there.

Anyway, I hope to have a tournament this Saturday at 6pm EST. If it doesn't work out, we'll just do two group games of 9 holes. If we do a Tournament, it will be the first course, since I want everyone to get in. We will slowly add more courses.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']

Anyway, I hope to have a tournament this Saturday at 6pm EST. If it doesn't work out, we'll just do two group games of 9 holes. If we do a Tournament, it will be the first course, since I want everyone to get in. We will slowly add more courses.[/quote]

Saturday afternoons/evenings aren't the best for me, perhaps they aren't the best for other people as well. I know I'll be out tomorrow all day with the wife, I'd imagine other people have their Saturdays pretty booked. Maybe late Sunday afternoons/early evenings would be better or, barring that, a weekday.

Though based on my play last night, I shouldn't worry about the time. It is amazing how much getting used to pitching on the Show messes up your hitting in Hot Shots...

[quote name='CheapBastardToo']Saturday afternoons/evenings aren't the best for me, perhaps they aren't the best for other people as well. I know I'll be out tomorrow all day with the wife, I'd imagine other people have their Saturdays pretty booked. Maybe late Sunday afternoons/early evenings would be better or, barring that, a weekday.

Though based on my play last night, I shouldn't worry about the time. It is amazing how much getting used to pitching on the Show messes up your hitting in Hot Shots...[/QUOTE]-Weekdays are tough because EST and PST have issues getting together.

-Warhawk and CoD4 are on weekend nights and are the PSN Gaming groups two most successful online games for certain (and when holding them on weekdays, it doesn't work out as well). That's why I made Saturday before CoD4 the Tournament for now. It's not permanent because I'm trying to shuffle around the date.

As for me, I'm very booked on weekdays and very open on the weekends. That's why I'm doing Hot Shots Golf: OoB on a weekday and weekend. The Tournament is more of a test, if anything.

bread's done
Back