CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

[quote name='Invin']If only you guys had it a few months ago when me and Darknyss were sitting around, waiting in empty clan games. Hopefully there will be some interest in KZ3![/QUOTE]
+1

I'm waiting for KZ3 too. The current KZ3 thread hasn't gotten a lot of attention but I am still hopeful we can at least match the popularity of KZ2 when it launched. I'm also hoping they increase the size of clans so we won't have to deal with multiple CAG clans.

Are they still going to keep the same leveling system for KZ3? I like it a lot. I know I'm late when it comes to playing this game....but I actually feel like I'm doing something, not just the same ol shit every single game.

I'm almost thinking about getting MW2 for that very same reason (leveling up to unlock more goods).

How come everyone is playing Bodycount and not the other game types? I got online this afternoon and there were hundreds of people playing Bodycount but no one in the other modes at all.

Also, are the map packs worth getting at this point or has that ship sailed?

@GTMaster39

I'm on the east coast...I kind of play the game on random nights but we could set up a regular schedule if you're interested. Are you? Tuesdays and Thursdays aren't good but the other nights would work...

I also jumped on KZ2 late. Just got the game a few days ago and starting to play MP now. My PSN ID is Bored_Doc. I'm on the east coast and am on most nights

@tcatsninfan
I believe the reason most people are playing Bodycount is because you get points quickly, since the only focus is on killing other players. I'm also thinking about getting the mappack, although it'll probably be only worth it if we gameshare it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tcatsninfan']@GTMaster39

I'm on the east coast...I kind of play the game on random nights but we could set up a regular schedule if you're interested. Are you? Tuesdays and Thursdays aren't good but the other nights would work...[/QUOTE]

im in arizona, thursday and mondays are bad for me, but id love to play with you guys, just pm me here.

[quote name='tcatsninfan']How come everyone is playing Bodycount and not the other game types? I got online this afternoon and there were hundreds of people playing Bodycount but no one in the other modes at all.

Also, are the map packs worth getting at this point or has that ship sailed?

@GTMaster39

I'm on the east coast...I kind of play the game on random nights but we could set up a regular schedule if you're interested. Are you? Tuesdays and Thursdays aren't good but the other nights would work...[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. If we setup a private match and password protect it we could possibly collect the other ribbons.

Just let me know a time. I can play any day of the week. I can play anytime after 2:00pm M-F (and anytime during the weekend). Just add me on PSN.

[quote name='GTmaster39']Are they still going to keep the same leveling system for KZ3? I like it a lot. I know I'm late when it comes to playing this game....but I actually feel like I'm doing something, not just the same ol shit every single game.

I'm almost thinking about getting MW2 for that very same reason (leveling up to unlock more goods).[/QUOTE]
Yes, there will be a ranking system in KZ3. They're adding more levels so you won't unlock everything as quickly either (sounds like you can choose the order too).

Gamespot KZ3 MP Interview and Hands-On

What's up with the controls... I was able to endure that horrible control scheme for KZ2, but I don't know if I can do it again. I hope that they will let people create the control scheme of their choice and not force terrible schemes down our throat again.

Usually people play the dlc but last time i went on nobody was. I only play the game about once a month but am looking to start playing more. PM me if your interested in playing with me, i just got all the powerups except i still dont have the more powerful pistol cause every pistol game i go into has other bastards with the good gun sniping me, but im halfway there, just don't try much cause i h8 getting sniped by that thing

I tried to get some people together to try to level in password protected matches, getting ribbons and such. So if anyone wants to plan a get together for that, count me in. Tuesday/Thursday nights are good for me. The more people that get together the faster it will be.

From the looks of it no one has objected to a Wednesday/Friday meet up. Can we work with those days and then we'll work on a time to get everything rolling?

[quote name='GTmaster39']From the looks of it no one has objected to a Wednesday/Friday meet up. Can we work with those days and then we'll work on a time to get everything rolling?[/QUOTE]

im good for those, wednesday would be best

[quote name='GTmaster39']From the looks of it no one has objected to a Wednesday/Friday meet up. Can we work with those days and then we'll work on a time to get everything rolling?[/QUOTE]

I'm good for Wed/Fri as well, although I could really do any weeknight, as long as it's after 6pm eastern & before 10pm eastern.

So how about Wed (tomorrow) @ lets say....6:30pm. We have to figure out what to play as well....

oh snap, i forgot about everyones time zone. I'm in AZ so my time never changes. I'm sure you guys can figure out what time to play based off my time zone.

Ex:
Pacific Standard Time (PST) Tue 05:01 PM
Mountain Standard Time (MST) Tue 06:01 PM
Central Standard Time (CST) Tue 07:01 PM
Eastern Standard Time (EST) Tue 08:01 PM

Whoever wants in on this little get together add me on PSN. I'll post the room and password of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I've got friend requests from the following people so far.

firex1
tcatsninfan

I just need requests from other people. Paz9x, I'm still showing pending on my friends list.
Mr. 420, if you wanna join tomorrow night send me a request. nakanenui, you too if you guys are still interested.

I hope I didn't forget to mention anyone that was interested.

GTmaster39, I will send you a friend request as soon as I get back online. As for tomorrow, I wont be available until after 630pm PST, but when I log on I will jump right in.

@Everyone

Yeah, Wednesday (tomorrow) night sounds good. Is it gonna be 8:00pm EST? I'll send Friend Requests to everyone else tomorrow night, but feel free to send one to me and I'll accept it when I get on tomorrow.

[quote name='GTmaster39']So far I've got friend requests from the following people so far.

firex1
tcatsninfan

I just need requests from other people. Paz9x, I'm still showing pending on my friends list.
Mr. 420, if you wanna join tomorrow night send me a request. nakanenui, you too if you guys are still interested.

I hope I didn't forget to mention anyone that was interested.[/QUOTE]

accepted the request.

Would it be better to have like 1 or 2 people on one team vs everyone else, so that we can chain kills and try to level/get medals or ribbons faster?

these maps are too big for making faster kills.

Lets try it again next time. I think I just need to plan this out better next time. With like, one kind of match at a time.....instead of randomizing it with all the maps too.

I still had a good time even though it was a little awkward.

Even the small maps in KZ2 are still quite big. Maybe next time we can make it a public lobby to see how it goes... although I still agree that private games are still better for getting specific ribbons.

[quote name='GTmaster39']I need a mic so bad. I felt like crap because I couldn't communicate with you guys. :([/QUOTE]

my good headsets were downstairs, my old socom headset wasnt working right...shit i just realized why, haha. anyway, id liek to get in an open room and squad up together. those maps are huge, it took me half the match to get my bearings on every map.

bread's done
Back