CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

[quote name='Mogambi']What do I need to do to get my Clan invite?? It says I am on the waiting list?[/QUOTE]Well, you actually got an invite, but since you didn't accept it after a period of time, it was revoked. I've done this to a bunch because the current situation is the clan has more applications than spots. If people don't accept an invite within 5-7 days, it will most likely be revoked (because a pending invite takes up clan space). However, what I can do is send you the very next invite that comes available. The waiting list is for those who don't have the game yet, barely played, or have to wait to get an invite when spots open up.

[quote name='kurokubushi']Quick question, When I get my clan invite I'm assuming it will show up in my "Clan Meaages" spot in my profile right?[/QUOTE]Check the messages online, when you get one. Right now you haven't gotten one, if I'm correct here.

Thanks Mana...bummer I missed out. My television has been in the shop the last week, and I just got it back today. I am playing a CAG game right now (CAGs on my friends list) I will keep an eye out for my invite. Thanks!

We should turn off the auto team thing so we can un-stack the teams... actually, can you even change teams in the middle of a battle?

and I pwn.

Question ManaKnight, you suggested this headset in the OP:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2742332

Will the game sound go through the headphones too, or only the voice? I have a bluetooth headset but it interferes with the wireless connection going to the PS3, so I'm thinking of buying a USB headset. I'd want a headset to use for both the PC and PS3 but I've heard if you plug in a USB headset only the voice goes through headphones, not the game audio. =/ I might buy the Logitech one if I find some money around. =d

[quote name='shinryuu']Question ManaKnight, you suggested this headset in the OP:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2742332

Will the game sound go through the headphones too, or only the voice? I have a bluetooth headset but it interferes with the wireless connection going to the PS3, so I'm thinking of buying a USB headset. I'd want a headset to use for both the PC and PS3 but I've heard if you plug in a USB headset only the voice goes through headphones, not the game audio. =/ I might buy the Logitech one if I find some money around. =d[/QUOTE]With any PS3 headset, the voices go through the headset, while the game sound goes through the TV. You can set it up where the voices goes through the TV also instead of the headset. Game Audio doesn't go through bluetooth headsets either (only voice). That's what I know.

Anyway, I could only play for a short time since I got back home later (went to visit a friend) and about to have dinner. Thanks for hosting tenchi and for some of you for showing up. I took a picture of the rankings during the match I finished first. :D
KZ2ranking1.jpg

Listen, I don't know who decided it was a good idea to spawn camp, but you can knock it off. Otherwise, enjoy playing Killzone 2 with bots, because people aren't going to tolerate that bullshit.

Oh, and that one match was so unfair. For 10 minutes, ISA had a 3 man advantage, and then the next match started with a 2 man advantage for ISA. What kind of crap is that?

Hey guys fun times today, sorry about cutting out early I got one of those damn sever errors, and when I tryied to rejoin, I got it again 5 mins latter.

Speaking of tv audio through peoples headsets, people need to keep their Tv's turned down, I spent 1/2 the games with my headset off because I was tired of hearing peoles tv's through their headsets.

[quote name='KingBroly']Listen, I don't know who decided it was a good idea to spawn camp, but you can knock it off. Otherwise, enjoy playing Killzone 2 with bots, because people aren't going to tolerate that bullshit.

Oh, and that one match was so unfair. For 10 minutes, ISA had a 3 man advantage, and then the next match started with a 2 man advantage for ISA. What kind of crap is that?[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not like we can force ourselves to the other team. Everyone chooses autoselect, we can't do anything about it.

As for the spawn camping in the last map, I thought it was clean. There's another way out of spawn but you guys kept going the same way. I wasn't picking you guys off like some of my teammates, but I did put the spawn nade nearby. =p

kurokubshi, I think you were lagging? You would kill me, then after I respawn, it said I headshotted you.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']With any PS3 headset, the voices go through the headset, while the game sound goes through the TV. You can set it up where the voices goes through the TV also instead of the headset. Game Audio doesn't go through bluetooth headsets either (only voice). That's what I know.

Anyway, I could only play for a short time since I got back home later (went to visit a friend) and about to have dinner. Thanks for hosting tenchi and for some of you for showing up. I took a picture of the rankings during the match I finished first. :D
KZ2ranking1.jpg
[/quote]

Lol, the only time at the top wasnt it Mana? :p
I have my fame :), second on the Helghast side. I ranked up twice tonight which im quite happy about. Last game i got 1 point above what i needed. So ive just unlocked engineer badge :)

[quote name='kurokubushi']Speaking of tv audio through peoples headsets, people need to keep their Tv's turned down, I spent 1/2 the games with my headset off because I was tired of hearing peoles tv's through their headsets.[/quote]

Yeh i second the turning down the TV thing. So annoying! The only person that sticks out in my mind was Thomaticus (i think thats his PSN)

Fun times tonight though guys :). Also, thanks Mana for sorting out a time when i can play. Hope it stays around because it is highly likely i will be on every Saturday afternoon. Play a few games before i go out.

The guy with the grenade launcher in the last few games...so annoying haha :p

Oyeh, could anyone actually hear me? Because i was talking and it didnt seem like people could hear me. Even when i was in a squad.

[quote name='KingBroly']Listen, I don't know who decided it was a good idea to spawn camp, but you can knock it off. Otherwise, enjoy playing Killzone 2 with bots, because people aren't going to tolerate that bullshit.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I don't mind getting killed when I spawn out in the map but to get hosed right outside my home base just gets frustrating

Oh, and that one match was so unfair. For 10 minutes, ISA had a 3 man advantage, and then the next match started with a 2 man advantage for ISA. What kind of crap is that?

My guess is the game does the team balances according to rank. That's why the last matches were lopsided. We could try turning balance off if everyone agrees to select random team selection after each match. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

[quote name='tenchi']I agree. I don't mind getting killed when I spawn out in the map but to get hosed right outside my home base just gets frustrating

My guess is the game does the team balances according to rank. That's why the last matches were lopsided. We could try turning balance off if everyone agrees to select random team selection after each match. Does anyone else have any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I always use random select. But if others have to do the same in order to make hte teams balanced, then I think its a good idea.

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']
Oyeh, could anyone actually hear me? Because i was talking and it didnt seem like people could hear me. Even when i was in a squad.[/QUOTE]I could hear you come through. Not completely clear, but I could hear you.

[quote name='KingBroly']Listen, I don't know who decided it was a good idea to spawn camp, but you can knock it off. Otherwise, enjoy playing Killzone 2 with bots, because people aren't going to tolerate that bullshit.

Oh, and that one match was so unfair. For 10 minutes, ISA had a 3 man advantage, and then the next match started with a 2 man advantage for ISA. What kind of crap is that?[/quote]

Yeah I switched to using a pistol only that round until you guys evened things up. There is always at least 2 ways to go on every map but you're team seemed to be coming out the place over and over.

And it has auto-team but when someone joins then leaves it doesn't seem to swap people over so it stays unbalanced. I'd like to know the reasoning behind us using random teams.

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']Lol, the only time at the top wasnt it Mana? :p
I have my fame :), second on the Helghast side. I ranked up twice tonight which im quite happy about. Last game i got 1 point above what i needed. So ive just unlocked engineer badge :)

Yeh i second the turning down the TV thing. So annoying! The only person that sticks out in my mind was Thomaticus (i think thats his PSN)
[/QUOTE]

my bad, I was using my Camera Mic

Oh, and that one match was so unfair. For 10 minutes, ISA had a 3 man advantage, and then the next match started with a 2 man advantage for ISA. What kind of crap is that?[/quote]

That's what the Tactician is for. Change to him and get a different spawn.

Autoselect picks the teams. I don't know how it could have given ISA three more people unless people from your team quit during the match.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I could hear you come through. Not completely clear, but I could hear you.[/quote]

Fair enough...when i do go in a squad though the quality drops alot for me. I was in a squad with one of my friends and it was quite bad, worse than xbox live to be honest.

Dont know if it is the same with anyone else?

And yeh i always use autoselect :)

[quote name='Trakan']
Autoselect picks the teams. I don't know how it could have given ISA three more people unless people from your team quit during the match.[/QUOTE]I am going to bet that's what happened, because teams were even at first, but then some people quit the game. Nothing you can do really (people quit in R2, Warhawk, CoD4, etc. which lead to unbalanced teams).

[quote name='Trakan']That's what the Tactician is for. Change to him and get a different spawn.

Autoselect picks the teams. I don't know how it could have given ISA three more people unless people from your team quit during the match.[/quote]

But of course you fail to realize that all the Tacticians were on the other team.

[quote name='Thomas96']my bad, I was using my Camera Mic[/quote]

Its all good mate, dont worry about it. Just have a check next time :)

The teams have enough people high enough where somebody can switch to Tactican so that is no excuse, also there are two ways out. But I agree, if one team is spawncamping, it's impossible to get out since there will probably be a few guys wandering around and also near the second exit.

I had some fun this afternoon. I almost have my Engineer badge. But I really need a headset.... there were a few times where it would have been a great help.

[quote name='KingBroly']But of course you fail to realize that all the Tacticians were on the other team.[/quote]

Believe me, I know that. I ain't new.

What you fail to realize is that If there are no Tacticians on your team and you're getting your ass kicked, then you have to switch yourself.

[quote name='KingBroly']But of course you fail to realize that all the Tacticians were on the other team.[/QUOTE]

I was the only Tactician on the last two maps.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I could hear you come through. Not completely clear, but I could hear you.[/quote]

Same here.

I was happy to see a good turnout for Saturday afternoon. I'd be happy to keep hosting Saturday afternoons as long as people will show up to play.

It's not too hard to rank up to general in killzone 2 so I think in a week or two, everyone will be high enough rank to make games fairly even. We can even do some 'boosting' nights to get the impossible ribbons like flying sentry kills.

JMEPO: sorry dude. Just getting my licks in before ya'll rank you and I'm the one collecting rockets with my face. :)

[quote name='lounges']How do you switch classes mid match?[/QUOTE]

After you die, at the spawn spot selection screen, hit R1 to get to the class selection screen. After you chose what you want to change to, use L1 to get back to the spawn spot selection screen and get back in the fight.

[quote name='tenchi']I was happy to see a good turnout for Saturday afternoon. I'd be happy to keep hosting Saturday afternoons as long as people will show up to play.

It's not too hard to rank up to general in killzone 2 so I think in a week or two, everyone will be high enough rank to make games fairly even. We can even do some 'boosting' nights to get the impossible ribbons like flying sentry kills.

JMEPO: sorry dude. Just getting my licks in before ya'll rank you and I'm the one collecting rockets with my face. :)[/quote]
I'd be up for some boosting for some hard to get ribbons...

It's so easy to counter a technician like myself; just run around and put a spawn point outside your base. Don't complain it's unfair, that's just your team sucking for not picking us off when we throw spawn points.

I'll be on in twenty minutes though to further rile tactician frustrations ;)

I'd like to pop in tonight, about how long are you guys on? I won't be there till 11 CST though. Probably try to get in sunday too.

[quote name='GaryZero']I'd like to pop in tonight, about how long are you guys on? I won't be there till 11 CST though. Probably try to get in sunday too.[/quote]

I joined in at about 10:15PM CST on the last KZ2 night and got to play about the last 15 mins of the last game and almost everyone got off but then I believe BostonCollegeFan started a new server with a much smaller crowd of us playing. So, there should still be a few around at least but maybe more since it's the weekend I hope.

Had fun guys but had to go because I was getting annoyed. My new headset I bought two days ago snapped in half literally five minutes before we started playing. From there on out I was extremely agitated.

Meh, atleast I got to General.

Please add me. Thanks

PSN-ID: TruStrike
Headset: Yes
Clan Choice: Casual
Time Zone: EST
Availability: Anytime

Great game guys. I don't think any game I've played has been as intense as a CAG game. My dualshock was going crazy.

bread's done
Back