CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

I cannot believe that we were actually 7-0'd in one game (Vasari Hammer, I think). I literally had to switch to Tactician everytime our spawn points went down, because I think I was the only one with Tactician unlocked on our team. :/

Good games though, as usual. DarkNessBear was actually on my team for a couple games! Although, he still got blown up a couple times by me, when we were on opposite sides, but it happened less frequently.

See you all in the Casual v. Hardcore game on Monday?

[quote name='dabebop']How could your headset snap in half since it is hard to imagine that?[/QUOTE]

Well in half is a little bit of a dramatization. The left hand side of the headset snapped off, with no force at all (I dropped the headset; that was it). So it's impossible to wear the headset now without it feeling awkward and falling off :/.

801603b.jpg

the side opposite the microphone.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Well in half is a little bit of a dramatization. The left hand side of the headset snapped off, with no force at all (I dropped the headset; that was it). So it's impossible to wear the headset now without it feeling awkward and falling off :/.

801603b.jpg

the side opposite the microphone.[/quote]

Ok I got it the wired usb headset, and here in my mind I'm thinking bluetooth headset breaking or something lol. Well hopefully it isn't to much to buy/replace it with another one vesus say I crushed or broke up a official ps3 headset.

I just got the game and I am hungry to play
PSN:kube00
Headset yes
clan choice either or...where ever I am needed
Time PST after 8pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun times tonight...

Man i gotta pickup the official bluetooth headset... the only thing i could scrounge up was a cheap one that came free with some cell phone i bought years ago... and it survived (bearly?) a trip through the wash machine in a pair of pants.

So what are the rules for voice chat in this game? I know there is some proximity involved but does it work if you are mortally wounded? I rattled off a couple nice shots when i was down and wondered if anyone even heard it.

I don't know the rules for voice, but I know I've heard people on the other team when they are dead. Also, I can't hear my own teammates when they are dead...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Fun game tonight! It's enjoyable with a smaller group... and not worrying about RYAends crazy grenades.[/quote]

At least you were on my team for a couple games. ;)

Seriously, you're the only person who has master the grenade launcher. It's like you design the thing just for yourself. Combine with your armour and it's damn impossible to take you down. I even unloaded a whole magazine of my SMG in your face and you still survived that.

[quote name='mguiddy']I don't know the rules for voice, but I know I've heard people on the other team when they are dead. Also, I can't hear my own teammates when they are dead...[/quote]
Same here, I have no idea how voice works. I heard KingBroly when he was dead once. He was telling me to watch my back.

I'm pretty sure all chat is proximity based. So when you are near the other team they can hear you. I think the only dedicated chat is when you're in a squad.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Well in half is a little bit of a dramatization. The left hand side of the headset snapped off, with no force at all (I dropped the headset; that was it). So it's impossible to wear the headset now without it feeling awkward and falling off :/.

801603b.jpg

the side opposite the microphone.[/QUOTE]Yeah, that's the headset I have. Works great for me, but I'm a little too careful with my stuff to let it break. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
PSN ID: tagout
Headset: Yes
Clan Choice: Hardcore
Time Zone: EST
Availability 6:00 - 9:00 PM (weekdays), 11:00 AM - till I get tired (weekend)

That headset looks nice, and I can always hear you clear and loud Mana. Hopefully I can make it for the CAGcast night tonight, but I believe for me it starts at 5 pm, and I got work by 11 am my time so mmm.

[quote name='KingBroly']I need someone to check where I am in the weekly standings and report back.[/quote]

From the killzone.com site, which might not be on-the-fly updated and is slow as fuck:

Weekly Name Score Ratio KPH Kills Deaths Suicides TK

#4744 KingBroly 4906 0.99 80 1336 1353 5 2

As a reference, your all-time ranking is #12474 and your current 24-hour ranking is Number ONE!!!11

what did you do yestersday, broly? sit in front of your tv with monsters/red bulls and pee in the empty ones?

[quote name='enufs8d']what did you do yestersday, broly? sit in front of your tv with monsters/red bulls and pee in the empty ones?[/quote]

No...and for starters, I've never drank a Red Bull. Although I have peed in a cup outside of a doctor's office/hospital before. My current online ranking is like 1908th for the week, and 2nd for the day. Although I've been #1 for most of the day (I've checked whenever I could). It also doesn't count the 600+ points I lost thing morning while playing when the damn host's (I.E. me) PS3 froze.

But...4 points per kill definitely helps the cause.
Headshot + BC = 4 points if you have the correct Badges

I'm hoping we'll have a few rounds of just pistols, so everyone can get the badge necessary to unlock the Magnum. Here's hoping!

Just picked up the official headset at Fry's as part of the SOCOM bundle (which is $10 off right now). Hoping its charged before the games tonight.

[quote name='KingBroly']No...and for starters, I've never drank a Red Bull. Although I have peed in a cup outside of a doctor's office/hospital before. My current online ranking is like 1908th for the week, and 2nd for the day. Although I've been #1 for most of the day (I've checked whenever I could). It also doesn't count the 600+ points I lost thing morning while playing when the damn host's (I.E. me) PS3 froze.

But...4 points per kill definitely helps the cause.
Headshot + BC = 4 points if you have the correct Badges
.[/quote]

Ya, it's such a bummer when you freeze. On our CAG Night I was doing pretty well I think we were winning, than all the sudden I freeze. Such a waste...

Ok,looking to get in on the action tonight.I know the event is scheduled,but have yet to see a password i would need to enter the room...

[quote name='TimDJ84']Ok,looking to get in on the action tonight.I know the event is scheduled,but have yet to see a password i would need to enter the room...[/quote]

info found HERE:

[quote name='Wombat']Tonight March 8 8PM EST, Play Kilzone 2 with Cheapy and me. When we get closer I will update with the room name and password. Hope to see you all there.[/quote]

I hope Wombat sets it up well (like CAG nights would be fine, but maybe a little different, as long as Teamkilling was off).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']All right, I have the OP updated with the CAGCast Night info.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for all your help setting this up

[quote name='scargums']i keep getting error messages and can't connect to the network[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness -- it's not just me. I'm getting Network Error Code 931 and 8004. Hopefully it'll be fixed before too long; otherwise, I'll need to wait another whole week until I can play with everyone again. BAH!

Edit: Yea, I just got error code 988. Looks like the servers are messed up for now. Sux0r.

Edit 2: Just got in -- thank goodness

I think I played too much KZ today. I'll either join late for the CAGcast gamenight or not show up at all. I might just take a break from this game actually. Distracting me from writing two papers due tomorrow. x_x

I had fun in the 2 games I played tonight, and I would've played more but I've been playing the game all weekend and I'm sort of sick of it.. I think I've found my favorite class in the game and that's the Tactician. He causes so much chaos it's awesome. Also, that triple kill with the grenade on the guys disarming the bomb = priceless. I heard their reactions damning my name!

bread's done
Back