CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

Wait. What? Did I miss something? I've had a long day of cheating at Madden, starting with you in the Denver-KC game, and I'm worn out. My brain is functioning at an even lower level than usual.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Wait. What? Did I miss something? I've had a long day of cheating at Madden, starting with you in the Denver-KC game, and I'm worn out. My brain is functioning at an even lower level than usual.[/QUOTE]

That's right! You disconnected on me after the coin toss! I had that game in the bag! You bastard.

images

Did anyone accuse you of cheating or have I misread? The only thing I accuse you of is being a douche for pouring it on after archie already stopped arguing a long time ago. But that seems to also be praised by the head of the league. Promoting instigation should be a great way to get new members right? You guys are kind of a joke tbh. And the reigning champ shouldn't have such a problem against the seahawks with no kicker in the first place, so what are all of your excuses for losing to him? I also don't recall him making excuses except that you needed 8 quarters to figure him out, and by hearing how the scoring went down, it seems like you did. I don't know him personally, but I do know him well enough to know he probably had the best chance of winning this league considering the competition.

No one is going to take anything you say seriously because you've proven yourself to be a certified buffoon in this league and especially in the other league.

Ooooh, no kicker. Stop acting like he was playing with no quarterback and only two offensive linemen.

[quote name='dptang0']Did anyone accuse you of cheating or have I misread? The only thing I accuse you of is being a douche for pouring it on after archie already stopped arguing a long time ago. But that seems to also be praised by the head of the league. Promoting instigation should be a great way to get new members right? You guys are kind of a joke tbh. And the reigning champ shouldn't have such a problem against the seahawks with no kicker in the first place, so what are all of your excuses for losing to him? I also don't recall him making excuses except that you needed 8 quarters to figure him out, and by hearing how the scoring went down, it seems like you did. I don't know him personally, but I do know him well enough to know he probably had the best chance of winning this league considering the competition.[/QUOTE]

All right. That's enough. You were already shitcanned in the official league for being nothing but trouble, and you continue to demonstrate that here. Your arguments don't even make any sense. Oh, he was beating pitfall without a kicker. That's nice. All that proves is that archie didn't pay attention when he was told he could sign a kicker after the wild card round.

Why was pitfall losing? Gee, I don't know...because it's a game, and sometimes things don't go your way. Regardless, it was a 6 point game with an entire quarter left to play. That IS NOT a guaranteed win by any means...especially considering archie was outscored 21-6 over the last two quarters. Could he have turned it around and held on to win? Absolutely. But he also could have blown the lead entirely, allowing pitfall to score again. That's why it needed to be replayed.

Your inclination for sticking up for archie's behavior proves that you either do know him...or you're an even bigger idiot than anybody thought possible. Either way, you're done here. If archie wants to follow you out the door, that's his business. But creating this much drama and speculation over one dropped game is ridiculous. That's why we kept going on about it...because it's a joke. But continue bad mouthing the league and its members and you'll be reported.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']This is an interesting question this time. I'd almost be inclined to say, yes, CPU teams should be left alone. If we're all staying away from teams that are not our own, it would seem kinda lame to all of a sudden want one in the playoffs. If a CPU team makes the playoffs over one of us, that would just be the way it goes. If everybody would rather give out CPU teams for the playoffs, I guess we can consider it. I just think it would be lame.[/QUOTE]

I think there's a compliment in there somewhere. ;) Though regarding the one about secondary teams, you pretty much got to my point in your response. It's going to be hard to chase opponents down especially if they're inactive so with my schedule it is easier to keep playing if they're not around. For this question, I just wanted to make sure if we make the playoffs, we make the playoffs. Not that I expect the league to care about my concerns, but if both these things are taking place I can likely commit to coming back. I just don't want to start and then not be able to last and my schedule has changed a lot so I'm trying to ask the questions now.

[quote name='staticz']Did we advance? Pitfall when can you play?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we're advanced now. Proceed with the Super Bowl whenever you guys get a chance. Most likely, the draft will be next weekend anyway...as it's kinda hard for me to do it during the week (unless people are down with an early evening draft...like 7 PM EST).

how about we do friday night or thursday night? that would work best for me im gone tuesday and wednesday so i have no chance at all to make thoughs dates

[quote name='DVO21']how about we do friday night or thursday night? that would work best for me im gone tuesday and wednesday so i have no chance at all to make thoughs dates[/QUOTE]

I couldn't do it Thursday...as my wife will be working early Friday, so I'll be on baby duty. Friday night would work fine for me though. How's everybody else look for Friday night?

[quote name='archie971']Looks like it takes 3 quarters to find out how to get passed my defense and 8 quarters to beat me. I was winning the game in the 4th quarter and some how we get disconnected the game asks if I would like to quit and win the game. Which at this point I guess i should have.But the love this league has for Pitfall I would probably would be kick from this league if i did not play him again.
I have to say I am done with this league because of the people in this league. They are the rudest bunch I have ever played with and that is sad because we are all part of CAG and not just some random xbox live players.
Example the week I played lyric's Rams week 13 my wife got in a car accident so needless to say I did not get on that week to play. Then I messaged him to play next weeks game (his 2nd team is the Bengals) he sends me a message that I missed the game 3days ago I need to keep up with the schedule. thats 1 strike against me.
That fine but if you want people to play in this league maybe try being a little more kind. It seems that you have group of people here that can tell no lies. (see Pitfall's last post) I have play 1000's of online madden games and if you are losing and if you get disconected you never get the win!!![/QUOTE]

Your ability to omit parts of the the truth is amazing. Will you be working on a campaign for one of the presidential candidates this year?

Here's how our exchange went:

Me: Hey man, When do you want to do our game for the JV league?
You: how bout 12:30pm pacific
Me: I really can only do later in the evening. What about 11 p.m. EST?
You: Ok I will have to set up something later going out tonight
(The next day) Me: Can you do tonight?

Then ... nothing! Absolutely nothing. Deadline day came up, no word from you at all. I ended up trying to play the CPU but kept getting disconnected. I actually was sick with the stomach flu that day, so I ended up asking to just sim it.

Then, FIVE days later, with no mention that you missed our PRIMARY VS. PRIMARY MATCH, you send me this message from you: can you play tonight

And because, up until that point, you showed absolutely no knowledge of the league's rules, timeline or schedule, I assumed you were still talking about Rams vs. Seahawks. I didn't know you were matched up with the Bengals (my secondary team) that week. Why should I? Secondary owners aren't required to keep up with those schedules.

You never said anything about your wife being in an accident. Never acknowledged that we never connected for that Rams/Seahawks game. And I wasn't being rude to you: Your failure to get that game done deserved a strike against you.

No one in here is opposed to new folks. Heck, we all would LOVE to have 32 active members. But every time someone wants to join, Nate or someone else reminds said person to read the OP and all the rules. They are all spelled out there for you.

And as far as scheduling. Yes, everyone has more important things in their lives. But when you join a league like this, you're making a commitment to play your games. You're making a commitment to all the other guys that you're going to hold up your end. And when you don't, that's when it becomes frustrating.

OK, off my soapbox for now.

Not to get back into this again, but the truth of the matter is, it's extremely EASY to become "part of the group". Not just in this league...but on CAG in general. A lot of the people in this league have played multiple games together and have known each other for several years. That is not to say that we're all best buddies. There have been plenty of disagreements in here, and I've gotten into it with several people at one time or another. But we all communicate and eventually, issues are resolved.

We also developed a respect for each other because we know who can be counted on. It's been stated a million times, but the only way these kinds of leagues works is for everybody to pitch in and do their part. The ones who tend to have the most trouble are those who don't take the time to learn the rules or don't communicate well. With active participation, good communication, and fair gameplay, almost anybody would be welcomed here.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I couldn't do it Thursday...as my wife will be working early Friday, so I'll be on baby duty. Friday night would work fine for me though. How's everybody else look for Friday night?[/QUOTE]

I should be ok with Friday!

Green Bay wins their second straight Super Bowl, 21-19 over Kansas City.

After going up 21-3, Kansas City fought back on a hard battle in the red zone and scored with 5 seconds left in the 4th to make it a 2 point game. The Packers were able to swat down the two point conversion attempt, handle the onside kick, and run the last few seconds off.

This Super Bowl was just as great as, if not better than, last season's.

Great game, staticz. I thought we were headed for OT.

[quote name='Docb9110']Kas I'd invite you to play FIFA but I just saw your record....SO NOOOPE LOL[/QUOTE]

That's deceptive. I only have one friend who plays and he's kinda really awful, but it's all in good fun. But yeah, I definitely wouldn't mind a FIFA game ;)

[quote name='KasterDB']That's deceptive. I only have one friend who plays and he's kinda really awful, but it's all in good fun. But yeah, I definitely wouldn't mind a FIFA game ;)[/QUOTE]

Who do you play with? What team I mean?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Green Bay wins their second straight Super Bowl, 21-19 over Kansas City.

After going up 21-3, Kansas City fought back on a hard battle in the red zone and scored with 5 seconds left in the 4th to make it a 2 point game. The Packers were able to swat down the two point conversion attempt, handle the onside kick, and run the last few seconds off.

This Super Bowl was just as great as, if not better than, last season's.

Great game, staticz. I thought we were headed for OT.[/QUOTE]

I feel like I lost because of things I couldn't control. Probably just a bit salty but my offensive line didn't show up and Baldwin's fumble was a joke.

Either way, the last few minutes were fun. I knew the slant wasn't the right call once I saw you defense, but I didn't have any confidence in my o-line at that point.

GG and congrats on the back to back titles.

Wow, congrats to pitfallharry, who played a lot of the season without Aaron Rodgers and strongly considered quitting after losing 4 straight games to drop him to 5-5 in Week 11. I bet he's glad I talked him out of it, haha. ;)

[quote name='Docb9110']Who do you play with? What team I mean?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the other team. I root for Newcastle, so usually I play with them. I play as Real Madrid if the other person selects Barcelona, and as Chelsea if they pick Man City or Man U. How about you?

All right, time to prep for the draft for season 3! There was some brief discussion already, and it looks like Friday night had an inside edge, but I'll still post a few options so we're sure everyone is one the same page. Also, we'll be down two more members, since dptang0 went out of his way to get himself kicked out, and archie never seemed to change his stance on things.

Possible Draft Times (please mention all times that would work for you)

Thursday, 5/10 @ 7 PM EST
Friday, 5/11 @ 8 PM EST
Saturday, 5/12 @ 8 PM EST
Sunday, 5/13 @ 6 PM EST

If any of these times are close (within 30 minutes) of a time that would work for somebody, just speak up, and we might be able to fine tune them a bit. Thanks, guys!

I can do Friday or Saturday, but not both. Thursday will work, Sunday will not.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow, congrats to pitfallharry, who played a lot of the season without Aaron Rodgers and strongly considered quitting after losing 4 straight games to drop him to 5-5 in Week 11. I bet he's glad I talked him out of it, haha. ;)[/QUOTE]

:lol: I was thinking about that last night. I was just about done with Madden for this year. I still can't believe I won a title with my defense being so banged up. I'm surprised I even made the playoffs with Rodgers missing so many games.

I don't remember seeing the scene at the White House with Obama or the victory parade in Green Bay last season. I must've skipped over it.

[quote name='KasterDB']Depends on the other team. I root for Newcastle, so usually I play with them. I play as Real Madrid if the other person selects Barcelona, and as Chelsea if they pick Man City or Man U. How about you?[/QUOTE]

Same pretty much. I havent played in the the main Spain league (don't even know what it's called! Lol) so its mostly international in which I usually go with England and in Barclays I go with Man U usually or Chelsea. I try and match what they offer just like you.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Friday, 5/11 @ 8 PM EST (Best for me)

But I can do weekends too, I'll miss the first round if we do thursday.[/QUOTE]

I'd say Friday or Sunday for me with Sunday being the best option!

[quote name='billymcdugal']i would say sunday late would be better, sisters graduation this weekend[/QUOTE]

Sunday late isn't an option...because I won't be available to run the draft then. So far, it looks like it's going to be Friday.

All right, just wanted to officially state that the draft will be tomorrow night (Friday) at 8 PM EST! If you are unable to make it, I encourage you to set up a draft board (in game...doing it on the website doesn't work). Also, last I checked, both billymcdugal and campbell were still not back in the franchise. You both have invites back, so you can get back in whenever you want. Other than that, I look forward to seeing what picks everybody makes and seeing how things progress in season 3!

[quote name='LVPatriots']Whats the official count on members going into the draft?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure this is our list for who's coming back. If this is accurate, we'd have 11 guys (counting you). Had it not been for the antics of dptang0 and archie last week, we would have had 13.

billymcdugal
n8rockerasu
Superstar
campbellbj1
lyric706
Ultimate Matt X
pitfallharry219
docb9110
KasterDB
LVPatriots
DVO21

Someone posted a website before our first draft that helped with the draft class. I am at work and wanted to print out that list. Anyone know what I am talking about?

BTW, none of us will be getting good pics, well except for KAS as he ahs the number 4 pick but then it goes to pick freakin 17 or 18 before the another one of us picks. That means that like 75% of the first 20 picks will be CPU selected. They select highest overall right?

I am going to throw something out there, we all take secondary TRADE teams. Same rules as before where we cant trade with ourselves but this way we can trade with people in the league without having to play the actuall secondary teams and not totally being screwed by the draft. With only like 10-11 of us returning there isnt much trading we can do that we havent already done really. All the BA players are either already traded or frozen on a CPU team. Thought maybe until we get 16 teams again we could try this? Just a thought to spice it up a little, aside from n8 rocking some lingerie! LOL

The only problem here is that people wouldn't have incentives to keep any good players on the secondary teams. It'd be a weird dynamic

[quote name='Docb9110']BTW, none of us will be getting good pics, well except for KAS as he ahs the number 4 pick but then it goes to pick freakin 17 or 18 before the another one of us picks. That means that like 75% of the first 20 picks will be CPU selected. They select highest overall right?

I am going to throw something out there, we all take secondary TRADE teams. Same rules as before where we cant trade with ourselves but this way we can trade with people in the league without having to play the actuall secondary teams and not totally being screwed by the draft. With only like 10-11 of us returning there isnt much trading we can do that we havent already done really. All the BA players are either already traded or frozen on a CPU team. Thought maybe until we get 16 teams again we could try this? Just a thought to spice it up a little, aside from n8 rocking some lingerie! LOL[/QUOTE]

I get what you're saying, I just don't know how much can realistically be done. As Kaster said, people wouldn't have any incentive to not just give players away from their "trade team". As fun as it might be to pluck star players off vacant teams, I don't want us assembling all star teams and then beating up on thinned out CPU teams. That just doesn't sound fun at all.

I do agree that with only 10-11 members coming back, trading will be limited. But with this being the last season, I kinda see that happening anyway (even trading in the official league cooled off a bit because there's no sense in trading draft picks, rookies, etc). I'm open to the idea of doing trades involving CPU teams...but it would need a very strong, detailed proposal on how it would work, and how we could get around obvious problems.

I don't think any of us are "screwed by the draft" though. It wouldn't be any different if we had 32 human owners. Most of us made the playoffs, so we all have low picks...and won't have access to the top players. That's the way it always goes. There are still good players available...even in the 2nd round. The issue is that knowing this is the last season...people are going to be wanting guys who will make an impact right away. I understand that. I just don't really know what we can do about it. Just the way it is.

[quote name='KasterDB']The only problem here is that people wouldn't have incentives to keep any good players on the secondary teams. It'd be a weird dynamic[/QUOTE]

Damnit I didn't think about that! Haha like I said it was a spitball between me running quotes and chatting with customers lol.

Is the lingerie still on the table then? Hahaha

[quote name='n8rockerasu']All right, well, that ran smoother than the first one. I'll move Bolton to your team if you've got the room for him, Kaster.[/QUOTE]

Just swap him with Brooks.

Hey guys sorry I missed the draft. Best friend dropped the bomb today that he's being deployed Monday so we had dinner and drinks with friends kind of last minute. I just tried to play against the Titans and it says that I am short on players in certain positions. I'm assuming it is ok to pick up FA to fill the positions because I can play if not.

Haha let the comp draft for me and they do this! Lol I'll wait for reply to pick up what I need. I believe it said I was short on defense
Mostly. Like DT, cb and one more.

bread's done
Back