CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

[quote name='LVPatriots']Has he not had the Seahawks all year long?[/QUOTE]

Pitfall is exactly right. He joined on 3/31...which was in the middle of Week 11. I think he had communication issues in two of his games (one in Week 13, when lyric never heard from him and had to play the CPU...and won) and the other when he played he played the 49ers, and didn't know/remember that primary teams need to be the one contacting secondary teams (I think this one got simmed...but Seattle won 8-7 with 2 FGs and 1 safety). He said he's coming back for season 3, so I'm hoping communication issues won't be a problem.

He's definitely good though. When I played him, he had a nice running game, but the key was his usering ability on defense. I think he had 6 user picks in that game. A few of them were ones where he switched to the player at the last second, but several were him ballhawking and cutting across in front of the receiver. Didn't drop a single one.

Ok, as we wrap up this season, just doing some housekeeping. There are two games left in the divisional round (due by Saturday). With only 3 games left after that, I'm hoping we can have season 2 wrapped up by Wednesday. That way, we can do the draft either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. I'll get some potential times posted soon, and we can just take stock of what day most people would be able to do it.

As for who will even be coming back for season 3, I went back to update the list, but there's still a couple I don't think we've heard from...and a couple that need clarification. If I missed you, just let me know.

billymcdugal
n8rockerasu (coming back)
Superstar (coming back)
dptang0 (coming back)
campbellbj1 (coming back)
lyric706
Ultimate Matt X (said he was...now isn't sure...???)
pitfallharry219 (coming back)
docb9110 (coming back)
KasterDB (coming back)
staticz (not coming back)
LVPatriots (not coming back)
DVO21 (coming back)
N3XTLVL (not coming back)
Tanabeo (not coming back)
archie971 (coming back)

And finally, the myleaguemanager site is up to date, and here are the last couple PotW's that never got posted. Sorry for that guys. But if some of you are getting burnt out just playing the game, imagine trying to keep up with all this stuff too, haha.

Week 16 Summary

Offensive Player of the Week
Torry Sanders, NE - 8 rec, 192 yds, 3 TDs

Defensive Player of the Week
Earl Thomas, SEA - 6 tackles, 2 INTs

Week 17 Summary

Offensive Player of the Week
Reggie Bush, MIA - 11 att, 130 yds, 2 TDs

Defensive Player of the Week
Jamar Chaney, PHI - 12 tackles, 2 sacks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the Seahawks info N8. Definately good to know the Seahawks are not the same team I beat 24-0 earlier this season.

I'll stay in the league next season if we have atleast 15+ players, but less than that I doubt I will stick around.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Thanks for the Seahawks info N8. Definately good to know the Seahawks are not the same team I beat 24-0 earlier this season. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, damailman had the Seahawks before him.

[quote name='LVPatriots']I'll stay in the league next season if we have atleast 15+ players, but less than that I doubt I will stick around.[/QUOTE]

That's a definite no then. There's not even 15 people in the league right now.

Also, just kinda want to throw this out there...not to be a downer, but for those who have said they are coming back, please make sure you're committed to it. It's only going to work if we're all in it for the season. If anybody is having second thoughts, don't be afraid to speak up. The last thing I want is for any of us to be wasting our time.

im definitely down for another season regardless. if there's only a few people interested but would still like to play we could pick a division and only play the divisional games against each other. Just an idea i figured I'd throw out there.

[quote name='billymcdugal']im definitely down for another season regardless. if there's only a few people interested but would still like to play we could pick a division and only play the divisional games against each other. Just an idea i figured I'd throw out there.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess if you're not at all attached to your team, and you WANT to switch, that would work. I think the main reason FOR a third season was so people could stick with the team they've been building and see how they've progressed. I know some divisions are only going to have one team (it looks like mine is one of them with tanabeo leaving as well), so if people aren't on board with the possibility of playing a fair number of CPU games (obviously, you can still request a sub)...then they probably shouldn't come back.

If anybody does want to switch teams though, we need to sort that out before the draft.

I can commit if we're playing primary teams or the CPU primarily. I think if a lot of us are taking secondary teams I probably can't do it as I know those games are always more difficult to schedule.

How many of us are taking secondary teams at this point?

That's a definite no then. There's not even 15 people in the league right now.[/QUOTE]

Ehh, I'll play next season.

Just hope simming CPU games won't be a big deal, like give strikes when someone goes AWOL scheduling against another player, but if people want to let there CPU games get simmed, I say let em.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I can commit if we're playing primary teams or the CPU primarily. I think if a lot of us are taking secondary teams I probably can't do it as I know those games are always more difficult to schedule.

How many of us are taking secondary teams at this point?[/QUOTE]

I don't really understand why it's any more difficult than playing a primary team...other than maybe people caring less about their secondary teams. But if people are doing that, they shouldn't have a secondary team to begin with. Would anybody be emotionally distraught if we just said no secondary teams then? Just play your primary team's games and don't worry about the rest?

[quote name='LVPatriots']Ehh, I'll play next season.

Just hope simming CPU games won't be a big deal, like give strikes when someone goes AWOL scheduling against another player, but if people want to let there CPU games get simmed, I say let em.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't really thought about that. But for me, the problem would be people getting into the playoffs just because they happen to have a "good team". If Team A sims half their games and is gifted wins, and Team B plays all of theirs, it's not really fair for Team A to make the playoffs. LV, you seem really half committed on this, man. If you're not on board with the CPU games, just back out. Nobody will think less of you.

I think it's just going to be easier if we say no secondary teams. They'll just end up slowing us down, especially if we want to be on a faster advancement schedule.

Packers over Giants 7-3. This game was light on the offense. Giants only had 53 total yards. Green Bay had 153, but most of those were negated by Rodgers throwing 3 interceptions.

Chargers 42
Patriots 28

A snowstorm on New England's home turf proved to be the difference in this AFC shootout as San Diego steals one from the Pats. New England had four turnovers, compared to two for San Diego, which game the Chargers just enough time to beat Tom Brady and Co.

After allowing the Pats to surgically pick apart the defense to score 21 in the first quarter, the Chargers altered their scheme and were able to hold New England to just one touchdown for the rest of the game. The Chargers' run defense was impeccable, giving New England a rushing total of -1 yards for the game.

On the other side of the ball, the Chargers ran a balanced offense, anchored by Ryan Mathews' 148 yards on the ground and 118 receiving.

GG susperstar. Like I said, I didn't think I had a chance at winning this one.

[quote name='Superstar']It was an awesome game. I am a bit bummed out - but I enjoyed every moment of the game.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! Lots of big plays in this one, which is completely different than how I normally play. I guess that's what's possible when I actually am using a good team!

I hate to say that I refuse to play someone but I am not playing dptang0 anymore. He was constantly running with 4 or 5 wide with Drew Brees up the middle in the first half. Then constantly messages me about how he could beat me in a rematch, and that game was a fluke cause of his 6 turnovers. It's not my fault he was throwing picks and fumbling with Brees. You can sim the game or he can find a sub for me but I will no longer participate in a game with him.

GG staticz. I just couldn't get any offense going in this one. (Although, I was amused with the back-to-back screen plays for TDs!)

[quote name='lyric706']GG staticz. I just couldn't get any offense going in this one. (Although, I was amused with the back-to-back screen plays for TDs!)[/QUOTE]

I was as well. I was almost certain it was coming but picked a similar blitz as you did and that was all she wrote!

[quote name='staticz']I was as well. I was almost certain it was coming but picked a similar blitz as you did and that was all she wrote![/QUOTE]

Reminds me of this ridiculous game Doc and I had in season one. He was filling in for the Vikings, and he scored a touchdown on a screen with like 16 seconds left in the first half, and then I ran one of my own and scored on the last play, lol.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Will CPU teams make the playoffs in the next season or will someone fill in if they make it?[/QUOTE]

This is an interesting question this time. I'd almost be inclined to say, yes, CPU teams should be left alone. If we're all staying away from teams that are not our own, it would seem kinda lame to all of a sudden want one in the playoffs. If a CPU team makes the playoffs over one of us, that would just be the way it goes. If everybody would rather give out CPU teams for the playoffs, I guess we can consider it. I just think it would be lame.

I was going to suggest that if you guys are looking for people you should check and see if anyone in the other league wants to take on another team, but then I looked at the team list and realized most of you are already over here. Carry on. ;)

[quote name='KasterDB']Reminds me of this ridiculous game Doc and I had in season one. He was filling in for the Vikings, and he scored a touchdown on a screen with like 16 seconds left in the first half, and then I ran one of my own and scored on the last play, lol.[/QUOTE]

Haha yea I totally remember that! I think it was a WR screen on the right to Harvin. I totally remember thinking that if I were you my remote would have been busted after slamming into the wall from being thrown lol. Good times! Always fun playing you Kas. You playing again next season?

[quote name='Docb9110']Haha yea I totally remember that! I think it was a WR screen on the right to Harvin. I totally remember thinking that if I were you my remote would have been busted after slamming into the wall from being thrown lol. Good times! Always fun playing you Kas. You playing again next season?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was a wild game. I think I won, lol. I'll be back for next season, yep.

[quote name='KasterDB']Yeah, that was a wild game. I think I won, lol. I'll be back for next season, yep.[/QUOTE]

Dude there wasn't a question of you won! Lpl you ALWAYS beat me!

[quote name='Docb9110']Dude there wasn't a question of you won! Lpl you ALWAYS beat me![/QUOTE]

Not in that playoff game ;)

Packers are headed back to the Super Bowl with a 20-7 win over Seattle in a blizzard at Lambeau Field. This game, while a good one, was odd for a number of reasons.

First of all, it was in Green Bay, which shouldn't have happened considering I'm the #6 seed. Actually, I should've played Tanabeo in the last round since he was #1 and I was the lowest remaining seed.

The first try, I was horrible. Rodgers threw at least 7 interceptions and I was down 21-0 in the first quarter. He was throwing to the left side of the field when I was pushing the button to pass the right side, and throws were way behind and way in front of the receivers. It was turrible. But my defense buckled down and I scored right before the end of the third quarter to pull within 6 at 27-21.

We got disconnected after the extra point. My screen said he quit and asked me to count it or not. Of course, I said no since the game was nowhere near over. He said his screen said the same thing. So we tried again.

The second game was a lot more defensive. We were tied at 7 for a while before I kicked two field goals to go up 13-6. He then threw an INT, which I ran in for a TD to make it 20-7 late in the 4th.

He sends me a message that says "i deserve a rematch if u get one". Now I don't know if this was a joke or dude was just salty about losing. If it's the first one, then fine. If you really were pissed, that's a little bit of bullshit.

Either way, good game.

Looks like it takes 3 quarters to find out how to get passed my defense and 8 quarters to beat me. I was winning the game in the 4th quarter and some how we get disconnected the game asks if I would like to quit and win the game. Which at this point I guess i should have.But the love this league has for Pitfall I would probably would be kick from this league if i did not play him again.
I have to say I am done with this league because of the people in this league. They are the rudest bunch I have ever played with and that is sad because we are all part of CAG and not just some random xbox live players.
Example the week I played lyric's Rams week 13 my wife got in a car accident so needless to say I did not get on that week to play. Then I messaged him to play next weeks game (his 2nd team is the Bengals) he sends me a message that I missed the game 3days ago I need to keep up with the schedule. thats 1 strike against me.
That fine but if you want people to play in this league maybe try being a little more kind. It seems that you have group of people here that can tell no lies. (see Pitfall's last post) I have play 1000's of online madden games and if you are losing and if you get disconected you never get the win!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='archie971']Looks like it takes 3 quarters to find out how to get passed my defense and 8 quarters to beat me. I was winning the game in the 4th quarter and some how we get disconnected the game asks if I would like to quit and win the game. Which at this point I guess i should have.[/QUOTE]

Disconnects happen. If you're insinuating that he pulled his cord after scoring to pull to within 6, that's pretty crazy. Why wouldn't he just disconnect when he was down 21-0? He has no history of dropping out of games, and there's no reason to believe he'd start now.

[quote name='archie971']But the love this league has for Pitfall I would probably would be kick from this league if i did not play him again.
I have to say I am done with this league because of the people in this league. They are the rudest bunch I have ever played with and that is sad because we are all part of CAG and not just some random xbox live players.[/QUOTE]

Where is this coming from??? You've been pretty quiet since you came into the league, and I don't really even remember anyone having a single issue with you (aside from one communication problem...which you address below). Who has been rude to you?

[quote name='archie971']Example the week I played lyric's Rams week 13 my wife got in a car accident so needless to say I did not get on that week to play. Then I messaged him to play next weeks game (his 2nd team is the Bengals) he sends me a message that I missed the game 3days ago I need to keep up with the schedule. thats 1 strike against me. that fine but if you want people to play in this league maybe try being a little more kind.[/QUOTE]

Soooo...the people here are supposed to be mind readers? Obviously, if we had known about the situation with your wife, nobody would expect you to be playing a game. Most of us here are family men. It's not even like we'd expect you to post on your phone from the hospital to tell us you couldn't play. But when you get back, let us know what's going on. Of course your personal life is more important than a video game football league. But if you never tell us, how are we supposed to know?

[quote name='archie971']It seems that if you have group of people here that can tell no lies see Pitfall's last post I have play 1000's of online madden games and if you are losing and if you get disconected you never get the win!!![/QUOTE]

This is just ridiculous. As stated, disconnects happen. Fault cannot be determined, and the game was close. I don't care what league you're in, they're going to tell you to replay the game. But if this is how you react to a loss, then yeah, you don't need to be back next season.

Okay, first of all, the only rude post I can even remember in this thread in MONTHS is yours just now. If the game is 27-21 in the third quarter during a disconnect, you were not guaranteed to get the win. It's madden, shit happens. Second of all, the "love" we have for pitfall is not because he secretly gives us money or some shit so we can fawn all over him. It's because he's a vital member of this league and is in general a good guy. Thirdly, I'm very sorry for your wife, and it sucks that it happened to her. But it would have taken literally three minutes to come in here and say, "hey guys, I've had a personal crisis come up, I'll be unavailable for a few days."

It's easy to say we're being rude but if you don't give any kind of effort and we don't hear anything in the thread, we kind of assume you're blowing it off. By the way, this post may come off as rude to you. Which is fine. I fucking intended it that way.

I'm going to run down a list here.
N8 - yeah he's the commissioner. He also runs the CAG NHL team, the CAG UFC team, has a baby daughter who occupies a bunch of his time, and he is in the official league. Does the guy even sleep? I mean, he's a little busy, and so are we, to hold your hand.

Lyric - it really bums me out that you felt the need to call lyric out. He's one of the first guys to offer if someone needs a sub. He has two young children as well. It's not his responsibility to keep up with the Bengals. Again, easily avoidable with a simple post about temporary unavailability.

I could make similar points about everyone else here, except for you. You come in here out of nowhere saying that we're rude? If anything, PM the commissioner and let him know your concerns and he'll be happy to address them. Instead, you bash everyone here, especially pitfall, who is really not bash worthy at all. So if you're going to do some calling out, you better be prepared to get called out.

As the de facto deputy commissioner, I'd like to point out that we all have personal stuff happen from time to time. I missed the first two weeks because of a stupidly long moving process. But did you expect us to be clairvoyant and know what you were dealing with? And even if you told lyric (which I suspect you didn't) he's not your errand boy.

I hope you realize that this is what "rude" is. The passive-aggressive bullshit about us all being CAG and the insinuation that we're no better than random Xbox douchebags is ridiculous. I have no idea how you got the impression you did. I can assure you, this is much different than anything you previously thought was rude from this league.

Have a very pleasant evening :)

I am not reacting to a loss. I lost the 2nd game I am reacting to Pitfall's comment. Like I said I have played 1000's of madden games and lost probably 600 of them. I just feel like this league does not welcome newcomers!

[quote name='archie971']I am not reacting to a loss. I lost the 2nd game I am reacting to Pitfall's comment. Like I said I have played 1000's of madden games and lost probably 600 of them. I just feel like this league does not welcome newcomers![/QUOTE]

....everyone's a newcomer at some point. I'm sorry you don't feel welcomed, but I'd guess your opinion on this is going to be very much in the minority.

[quote name='archie971']I am not reacting to a loss. I lost the 2nd game I am reacting to Pitfall's comment. Like I said I have played 1000's of madden games and lost probably 600 of them. I just feel like this league does not welcome newcomers![/QUOTE]

Based on what? And what Pitfall comment? It seems that you engaged him by feeling the need to send him a message saying that if he gets a "rematch", you should get one too. I doubt he would have said anything had you not thrown the first log on the fire.

[quote name='KasterDB']As the de facto deputy commissioner, I'd like to point out that we all have personal stuff happen from time to time. I missed the first two weeks because of a stupidly long moving process. But did you expect us to be clairvoyant and know what you were dealing with? And even if you told lyric (which I suspect you didn't) he's not your errand boy. [/QUOTE]

Woooo! Kaster! Turn up the heat! lol...you're starting to sound like me in the other thread, hahaha. Makes me proud. Nice use of clairvoyant, by the way. I only went with "mind reader". I feel so pedestrian now, haha.

Also, I've been wanting to post this all day. It really has no relevance to what's going on in this thread right now, but maybe it'll provide a bit of levity. I almost posted it in the official league thread when BV and I were going back and forth earlier, but I didn't think he would appreciate it as much, lol. But it cracked me up.
images

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Woooo! Kaster! Turn up the heat! lol...you're starting to sound like me in the other thread, hahaha. Makes me proud. Nice use of clairvoyant, by the way. I only went with "mind reader". I feel so pedestrian now, haha.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty sure it's my longest post in either thread, hahaha. I may have learned a bit from reading you ;)

I like using fancy words. I made this joke on my podcast, but it's easy to be a wordsmith when I'm sitting here at my wordforge :lol:

[quote name='KasterDB']Yeah, pretty sure it's my longest post in either thread, hahaha. I may have learned a bit from reading you ;) [/QUOTE]

People actually read what I post? Get the heck out of town! lol

[quote name='KasterDB']I like using fancy words. I made this joke on my podcast, but it's easy to be a wordsmith when I'm sitting here at my wordforge :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well, you had to get into that big boy college somehow. ;)

[quote name='archie971']My kicker is out for 8 weeks and I missed a easy kick in the playoff's can I pick up a free agent kicker[/QUOTE]

I saw this post a while back when the playoffs for this league started.... has he been beating your "vital members" with no kicker and the Seahawks throughout the playoffs?

The only ridiculous thing I see is getting on here and seeing everyone gang up on a new guy for speaking his mind without even trying to sympathize or show an ounce of respect. In my opinion, he earned it from what he has done the last couple weeks alone, being a better player overall than everyone I have played.

And what kind of league maturity seems presentable when the "commish" cheers on another user for being randomly coming up in an argument between other people and being a complete ass while acting like he needs to present his possee? It looks embarrassing and I would be too of myself if I was trying to show a good example as the head of a league.

You all act like there is a higher level of intelligence amongst you and a level of importance for being "family men" but seriously, grow up and treat people equal, it's just a videogame

[quote name='dptang0']I saw this post a while back when the playoffs for this league started.... has he been beating your "vital members" with no kicker and the Seahawks throughout the playoffs?[/QUOTE]

If you saw that post, you should have also seen this one 9 posts down from it...

[quote name='n8rockerasu']If he's your only kicker, then yeah, you can sign a free agent.[/QUOTE]

And I'm just going to come out and ask it, archie and dptang0, you two joined right around the same time. Do you know each other?

He started it!

But for real, it wasn't about him beating people, it was about saying we're rude, which is mostly false (except for tonight) and claiming that pitfall did something underhanded.

Although, if I had no business getting involved and am seeming too braggadocio about my verbosity (that seems somewhat hypocritical coming from mr "possee"), it does beg the question of why you, dptang0, also felt the need to get involved.

Could I have been a little more tactful with my response? Sure. But it bothers me when someone comes in here that accusatory towards a good guy and fair madden player, and I let him know why.

And I'll have you know that de facto deputy commissioner elevates me to more than mere "another user"! But I appreciate the criticism. Thanks :D

[quote name='dptang0']In my opinion, he earned it from what he has done the last couple weeks alone, being a better player overall than everyone I have played.[/QUOTE]

It's not about being the best player. If anyone would know, it's the winner of last season's championship, who Archie accused of intentionally disconnecting.. Pitfall didn't get there by disconnecting from six point games that can go either way. Or from any games, for that matter. If he did, he would not be here.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']People actually read what I post? Get the heck out of town! lol[/QUOTE]

That doesn't mean I necessarily agree with you, but yeah I read it. Can't speak for anyone else ;).
And I know to stay out of the way until more mirthful moments can be had :)

[quote name='pitfallharry219']These guys must not know I'm the defending champion. I'm kind of a big deal.[/QUOTE]

Fixed ;)

bread's done
Back