CAG Left 4 Dead Steam Group

[quote name='rpnguyen']I bought L4D from Amazon.com (19.95 whoo), supposedly it's going to get to me right before Christmas. I'm pretty casual, but I do have a mic.[/quote]

Same here, and I have a mic that I know works in Steam games and GFW games. I have a lot of other Steam games including TF2 but haven't gotten into it much yet.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/turls/

I will be getting this soon.

I'm a little short on money right now though so i'm waiting for it to go on sale at $40 again. If 3 other people want to go in on the steam deal i'd be very interested as well.

I have a mic as well.

Okay, I finally got my copy installed, looking forward to trying this out. I'm in the CAG L4D group, hopefully I can make it home from work when people are playing.

Any chance we can get an event added for this maybe a couple ones soon? I think many of us have gotten our BF copies now.

[quote name='turls']Any chance we can get an event added for this maybe a couple ones soon? I think many of us have gotten our BF copies now.[/quote]
I think we should have schedule times. But that is all up to BHK. I don't want to overstep my authority. :lol: Oh gawd, I really don't know how to use a hunter properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah sure scheduling events would be good.

Not sure if we should schedule just one or perhaps more than one to accommodate people's different schedules?

and Hero, both you and Doctorfaustus have my permission to schedule any events you like without consulting me first. lol :)

I could help you out on 6pm EST. I still didn't beat death toll on advanced/expert. Last time I was knocked out near the helicopter. :roll:

[quote name='bhk']Yeah sure scheduling events would be good.

Not sure if we should schedule just one or perhaps more than one to accommodate people's different schedules?

and Hero, both you and Doctorfaustus have my permission to schedule any events you like without consulting me first. lol :)[/quote]

I think you are going to have a ton of noobs now so multiple times would be good to get some of us up to speed.

I'm going to try to play over the weekend (probably at least Friday and/or Saturday late evening/night), if there are any takers (preferably other noobs so us new owners can get up to speed), post here. Not even sure how you go about getting a party together at this point since I've only played the single player demo, but I'll figure it out if I can find out when other people are going to be playing.

[quote name='turls']I'm going to try to play over the weekend (probably at least Friday and/or Saturday late evening/night), if there are any takers (preferably other noobs so us new owners can get up to speed), post here. Not even sure how you go about getting a party together at this point since I've only played the single player demo, but I'll figure it out if I can find out when other people are going to be playing.[/QUOTE]

I definitely want to try the game out this weekend, but my schedule is pretty busy. Probably after 11pm PST tonight or late Saturday.

It's official: either my l4d character has a target painted on his forehead, or I might be the worst L4D player on the face of the earth. I seemingly die alot. In my own defense, I've never been big into FPS's, especially PC FPS's. =\

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']It's official: either my l4d character has a target painted on his forehead, or I might be the worst L4D player on the face of the earth. I seemingly die alot. In my own defense, I've never been big into FPS's, especially PC FPS's. =\[/QUOTE]

Well, it depends. Who are you playing with? The AI bots are generally useless, and even if you play with human players a lot of the time you'll get people that insist on running off and doing their own thing.

The game requires strong communication and teamwork. I've noticed my teams succeed the most when we stay in a tight knit group that provides cover fire for each other instead of all of us running off in separate directions and getting killed. lol.

Add me to the group if interested...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/live_wire

I primarily play in campaign mode as I'm not a big fan of the sprint to the end style that versus is played...
I typically get the most special infected kills as well as the fewest FF incidents each game I play (unless I get stuck with players that love to run in front of me while I am firing crouched and stationary...) I'm content not to lead since it works out better for the team if I try to cover so that my teammates can concentrate on making forward progress without worrying if somebody's got their back.
Typically play 11PM - 1AM EST after wife and babies are asleep.

[quote name='turls']Ok, everybody should have it now that got it on BF. Here's another request for a few scheduled events.[/QUOTE]

Just set up two events on Steam.

Monday, December 22nd at 9:00 PM ET

Monday, December 22nd 8:00 PM PT if you can't make the first one.

Don't worry as Monday nights will definitely not be a permanent night. I was just picking a day to get a game night in before Christmas. :p

Also, where are you guys located? I set up two times because I wasn't sure if we needed it or not. If we only end up needing the ET event then I won't schedule two in the future.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']If I am not mistaken you have the option to join people only in your group or your friend's list.[/quote]

Correcting myself. It looks like you can join friend only games but not group games unless the group is running a server which I don't think we are.

I had fun playing last night with some of my fellow cags. That was my first experience with Expert difficulty though :hot:. I am just now really starting to play L4D, I have been busy finishing Fallout 3 and LBP single player. I'm hoping to beat all of the campaigns by myself this next week and then play some more multiplayer in the coming weeks.

Yesterday I finished the Death Toll campaign but I didn't get the achievement for completing it. Do you have to beat a campaign all in one sitting to get the achievement?

[quote name='Baron O Hell']Correcting myself. It looks like you can join friend only games but not group games unless the group is running a server which I don't think we are.[/QUOTE]

Right. (I'd love to have a couple of our own servers, but those cost money and I'm currently broke, lol :) ) I already have a bunch of you on my friends list so I won't have a problem with this. Some of you might want to look in the group and start friending people, though, if you plan on play on Monday.

Of course you could also just friend the person on Monday night when they're online.

Well, I only saw 3 CAGs on at about 9pm central and only 2 of them were in games and they were full. It looks like you can join a game if it isn't full whether you have them setup as friends or not, does that sound right?

I couldn't play last night with my Bears playing a pivotal game against the hated Packers. I should be down for playing next week though.

[quote name='turls']Well, I only saw 3 CAGs on at about 9pm central and only 2 of them were in games and they were full. It looks like you can join a game if it isn't full whether you have them setup as friends or not, does that sound right?[/quote]
Correct. Provided you can see that person(s) whether by friends, recent players, group you can join games that way.

bread's done
Back