CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

[quote name='Javery']
How old are your shoes? If you are active (running 3+ times per week) you should be getting new shoes every 6 months. If I were you I'd make an interim goal of about 225lbs. If you break your long term goal up you will feel like you are getting results without getting down about it. That's my thinking at least...

As for the eating when stressed, I think that's normal - everyone I know does that (myself included). You just need to exert some willpower. I'm stressed pretty much all the time but whenever I'm hungry I drink a glass of water and then wait 10 minutes and the feeling usually goes away.

Keep it up![/QUOTE]

I had these new balances for a year now. I don't use it for running but use them when I work out which includes running (no more than 1 mile). Perhaps I do need some new shoes. Luckilly I have a Kohls card along with a 30% off card and I'll use that towards some new New Balances.

You're right about a interim goal/phase 1 goal. I'll kinda up it a bit and say 220 lbs. I hope I get there by the end of April...when I go back to Califronia for vacation.

I don't usually cheat myself but only if I know that I'm going out for lunch/dinner. As an alternate, I usually drink GNC Total Lean shake as an meal replacement so I don't go over my calorie intake...which on the scale says no more than 2800.

2800 seems to be pretty high but when I'm on my nutrisystem diet, I take no more than 1500-1600 daily.

2 a days are really putting a toll on me but I have never felt so energized since I took today off as a rest day.

Thanks for the support!

Rough couple of weeks weight-wise. Grandpa went south fast, and I threw any semblence of a diet/weight loss right out the window for a little while, just didn't have a lot of time, and couple that with the normal stress (and added stress) of life and it just didn't work out. Went back up to 209 on 2/24, but got it back down to 206 on 3/2 (thank god). Hopefully with life getting back to normal the weight loss will continue. My original goal was to get down to 200lbs, but I think I'll revise that to get down to 190. I know that'll be tough though, I haven't been that since high school.

vlv: Definitely go with interim goals like Javery said. Knowing your goal is really far away is tough on days that you're having trouble with motivation. Not to mention meeting the interim goals gives you more and more confidence every time you meet one.

troy: You can get down to 190, just keep at it. It's ok to have a rough patch every now and then, just as long as you get back on track.

Sunday the first time in months that I ran outside. I think the treadmills at the gym must be inaccurate when it comes to speed because I ran what felt like a 9:30 to 10 min pace based on running on the treadmills and it turned out to be a 7:30 pace according to my Garmin training assistant. Makes me excited for it to warm up so to see how fast I am now when I can run without full sweats and actually putting in a full effort, not just a comfortable speed.

blindinglights - I'd be more inclined to believe the Garmin. 7:30 is a good pace but a 10 minute mile seems slow for someone in your condition. See if you can find an outdoor track and time it yourself if you want to be sure.

troy - you can definitely get down to 190. I am now at a weight I haven't been at since college basically which was almost 15 years ago. I never thought I'd get here but I did somehow.

troy: You can get down to 190, just keep at it. It's ok to have a rough patch every now and then, just as long as you get back on track.
I'm not going to lie, I was scared it would be hard to get back on a lifting/cardio/eating better schedule after that week. My family loves to cook, so get 30-40 together nightly and it just killed my diet lol.
troy - you can definitely get down to 190. I am now at a weight I haven't been at since college basically which was almost 15 years ago. I never thought I'd get here but I did somehow.
I sure hope so. I almost think the 200 mark is mental for me now, high school soccer kept me at about 185. After that I hit the weights heavy and haven't been under 200 since then, so here's to my new goal. It's going to be hard to do, but reading what you guys have done gives me hope that I can hit 190. It's nice to have a support group that doesn't consist of your wife lol.

[quote name='perdition(troy']It's nice to have a support group that doesn't consist of your wife lol.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure my wife would be happy if I stopped working out forever. She doesn't want to hear me talk about it so it is tough to keep it going sometimes.

:) , my wife is happy I'm finally listening to her about eating healthier, and she loves the fact that I like to cook (and now I'm cooking things that aren't completely awful for you haha). She's enjoying the fact that she doesn't have to nag me about "you have to eat fruits and veggies again at some point in your life troy".

That's good - my wife definitely wants me to eat healthy and stuff and when we cook we try cooking healthy meals. It's just that I think she resents the fact that I can pull myself out of bed at 5:00 A.M. to go to the gym for 2 hours while she is sleeping (plus the kids are in the house). I've offered to alternate mornings with her but in the past she hasn't been able to keep a workout schedule for more than a few weeks. She is very pregnant right now too which probably makes it worse. She did tell me that she wants to do Insanity with me this summer once the baby is born and she starts getting back to normal. I'm going to hold her to it!

[quote name='Chase']
Good luck with your goals, Milkshake. :) P90X is a solid program.
[/QUOTE]

I just weighed myself again (the 145 lbs was from memory) and it turns out I am up to 149 lbs. Eeek! Time to cut out snacking and drink more water! Maybe cut down on the booze too (typically just 1 beer a day or 2 shots of vodka or Southern Comfort).

My day job is pretty sedentary (copy-editing for a medical review company), but I do get a whole hour lunch. Need to spend more of it going on a jog! :)

This past weekend I put on my running shoes and decided to alternate between jogging and walking every few blocks and managed to pull a muscle in my thigh. I'll have to work my way back up to where I used to be.

I missed my 6am bootcamp class this morning. That's what I get for oversleeping. :lol:

That's ok though, I can make it up by showing up at the 9am class. However, I'm going to reverse my routines of my 2 a days. Going to the gym first then to bootcamp.

Off I go to become the biggest loser!

[quote name='Javery']That's good - my wife definitely wants me to eat healthy and stuff and when we cook we try cooking healthy meals. It's just that I think she resents the fact that I can pull myself out of bed at 5:00 A.M. to go to the gym for 2 hours while she is sleeping (plus the kids are in the house). I've offered to alternate mornings with her but in the past she hasn't been able to keep a workout schedule for more than a few weeks. She is very pregnant right now too which probably makes it worse. She did tell me that she wants to do Insanity with me this summer once the baby is born and she starts getting back to normal. I'm going to hold her to it![/QUOTE]

Another mouth to feed? Congrats! ;)

Having my fiancé eat similar things to me makes life (and food shopping) so much easier.

Tuesday Weigh-In

Height: 6'0
Starting Weight (1/1): 250.6 lbs
Last week's Weigh-in: 206.2 lbs
This week's Weigh-in: 203.6 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost this week: -2.6 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost total: -47.0 lbs
Goal weight (200 lbs): 3.6 lbs to go

Probably my toughest week yet. It's like my body said 'Thats it, I'm done!" and is starting to reject my diet and exercise. I was exausted and starving every day, which is not normal. I barely got through my cardio each day and I found myself more crabby than ususal...to the point where my wife went out and bought me a pizza. ( I didn't eat it :cry:)

On the positive, this is the first week I'ven noticed a definite drop in my dimensions. I swim in my 38's and have put them away for good (until I'll need them again :D), my 36's are loose, and I can get into my 34's snuggly. And my 2XL shirts are now 1 XL.

As far as adjusting my goal, I'm still not there mentally. I had planned on 200 lbs, but would like to get to 190...but after the week I had, I just dont want to do this anymore. What I might do is not set a weight goal, and just do this until 4/2 and call it. Where I end up, I end up.

[quote name='seanr1221']Another mouth to feed? Congrats! ;)

Having my fiancé eat similar things to me makes life (and food shopping) so much easier.[/QUOTE]

yeah - things are about to get completely crazy at my house in about 2 months. It will be a good crazy though. I'm not sure how it will affect my gym routine though. Since the weather should be nicer if I can't make it to the gym I should hopefully be able to do the Insanity workout outside in the morning. I'm sure I'll look like a tool in front of my neighbors but whatever.

I'm hoping that by the end of June my wife will want to start the program with me. I saw the infomercial this morning and I'm totally pumped up again which is good because it's been getting a little harder to motivate - I don't skip workouts or anything but I haven't been looking forward to them like I was a few weeks ago.

83 - DO NOT STOP. Keep at it and you will break through and get down to 190 eventually. If you slip and gain a few pounds you are going to be mad at yourself and it will be harder to start back up again.

Are there any decent interactive games for the Kinect to play? I have seen a lot of people claim _____ game is great on review websites but wanted to know if anyone in here has played any good ones.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Are there any decent interactive games for the Kinect to play? I have seen a lot of people claim _____ game is great on review websites but wanted to know if anyone in here has played any good ones.[/QUOTE]

Fruit Ninja is good as is Dance Central. My kids love Kinect Sports. I bought my wife Kinect Zumba, but she knows I only bought it for her so I can watch. So she has yet to play it.

Alright... I'm in.
Height 5' 5 1/2" ;)
Starting Weight: 200
Goal Weight: 175

I'm not into anything to intense right now. I'll be using wii fit, kinect, and walking as my primary work outs.

So pissed off right now. 9am bootcamp class was cancelled. Usually happens when 20 winds down to 2 since the other 18 can't handle it.

Best Buy was close by so I picked up ME3. Then right when I was about to go to the gym, 4 calls went off and been back at home trying to get these calls resolved.

The pros and cons of working from home. Hopefully after this conference call, I can get 2 hours and go to the gym.

Between all that, my willpower is pretty strong. That stress wanted me to go to eat fast or sit down somewhere but decided that nutrisystem is gonna take me to that interim.

[quote name='jbrun85']Alright... I'm in.
Height 5' 5 1/2" ;)
Starting Weight: 200
Goal Weight: 175

I'm not into anything to intense right now. I'll be using wii fit, kinect, and walking as my primary work outs.[/QUOTE]

Calorie counting and just walking for 30 minutes on my lunch break got me down 20 lbs. I thought I was going to be a 300lb fatty forever. Start light with wii and kinect and walking, and by the time you get down more the garage sale season will be starting. You can probably score someone else's broken beach body dreams for pretty cheap to exercise with.

Added you on loseit.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Are there any decent interactive games for the Kinect to play? I have seen a lot of people claim _____ game is great on review websites but wanted to know if anyone in here has played any good ones.[/QUOTE]

My friends and I have had a few good nights of Kinect Sports; we like the original better than the second one. Kinect Adventures was also fun in bouts (some games are much better than others). Those are the only games we've played and they can get active.

Still hovering around 163-165. Feeling great.
Also got a call from the casting company for American Ninja Warrior...just waiting on the final "yes or no" call after they pitch me to NBC...here's hoping!

I'll need to weight myself tomorrow morning. I've gotten back into the habit of taking long walks on my 1 hour lunch break at work, but the problem is I keep passing by McDonald's, Subway, etc. and want to pop in for a snack. Must resist the snackage! :)

Yeah, a tardy congrats to the impending baby, Javery. :)

Troy, Dance Central is surprisingly engaging. The game definitely promotes activity.

Good luck, Rig! I'll have to give the show a view if they cast you.

Keep up the good work, everyone. And good luck with your goals, Jbrun.

Thanks, Chase!

Got my call yesterday; I made the prelims for ANW! I'll be competing next week in Texas. Hopefully time to put some of this training to use!

I'm joining also!
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 200
Goal: 175

I have a pretty active job (lifting heavy crap multiple times a day) so I'm going to focus on small cardio like running on my days off and jump roping to get started.

[quote name='Rig']Thanks, Chase!

Got my call yesterday; I made the prelims for ANW! I'll be competing next week in Texas. Hopefully time to put some of this training to use![/QUOTE]

Gratz, Rig!

Time to up my game. I've been working out three days a week (up from two) for the past few weeks, and I just ordered a barbell and some squat stands.

As the dumbbells get heavier it's getting harder and harder to get into the bench press position, so I'm looking forward to switching to barbell presses. Also, dem squats and deads. :cool:

[quote name='Chase']Yeah, a tardy congrats to the impending baby, Javery. :) [/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm super excited.

[quote name='Rig']Got my call yesterday; I made the prelims for ANW! I'll be competing next week in Texas. Hopefully time to put some of this training to use![/QUOTE]

Awesome Rig! Congrats.

So I weighed myself this morning and I finally broke through. I'm at 178.2 lbs. which is amazing. It has to be freshman year of college since I weighed this little. Insanity is definitely working and anyone who is on the fence about it should just go for it (but know that it is very hard and takes commitment).

I didn't really change anything over the last 2 weeks (I skipped weigh-in last week) but something must have made the difference. I did start doubling up on the workouts a couple of days - the Insanity routine has you doing a 20-25 minutes additional ab workout after the crazy cardio program but I find it hard to believe that little bit pushed me over the edge. Anyway, I'm pretty pumped. 175lbs. is my ultimate goal and it is within reach. Once I get there I can focus on getting a bit more cut.

Congrats on the baby, Javery!

Habbler, Thanks for adding me. I find it helps motivating to have friends on lose it!

Rig, Awesome on ANW. You have to tell us when it airs!

Collectorguy00 - are you going to sign up with lose it? You're a bit taller and younger than me, but we have the same weight goals and starting point. If you're signing up add me, its jbrun85 on lose it!

Anyone else still actively on lose it!? I love the stat tracking. I find it absolutly fascinating.

[quote name='Javery']Thanks! I'm super excited.

Awesome Rig! Congrats.

So I weighed myself this morning and I finally broke through. I'm at 178.2 lbs. which is amazing. It has to be freshman year of college since I weighed this little. Insanity is definitely working and anyone who is on the fence about it should just go for it (but know that it is very hard and takes commitment).

I didn't really change anything over the last 2 weeks (I skipped weigh-in last week) but something must have made the difference. I did start doubling up on the workouts a couple of days - the Insanity routine has you doing a 20-25 minutes additional ab workout after the crazy cardio program but I find it hard to believe that little bit pushed me over the edge. Anyway, I'm pretty pumped. 175lbs. is my ultimate goal and it is within reach. Once I get there I can focus on getting a bit more cut.[/QUOTE]

Nice work, Jav!!! That's great! Sounds like you're past the plateau.

[quote name='jbrun85']Congrats on the baby, Javery!

Habbler, Thanks for adding me. I find it helps motivating to have friends on lose it!

Rig, Awesome on ANW. You have to tell us when it airs!

Collectorguy00 - are you going to sign up with lose it? You're a bit taller and younger than me, but we have the same weight goals and starting point. If you're signing up add me, its jbrun85 on lose it!

Anyone else still actively on lose it!? I love the stat tracking. I find it absolutly fascinating.[/QUOTE]

Yea, started using it this morning. It's pretty awesome, the scanner is really handy. I'm [email protected]

I haven't used Lose It but it's good to hear that you guys found something to help keep you focused. :)

Congrats, Javery! Must feel real good to pass that plateau. Your hard work has paid off, sir.

And keep us updated, Rig. A big celebratory applause to you too. Hooray!

I spent most of last week cutting down to 170—to familiarize myself with how it feels to cut weight. I must say: I look chiseled at 170—though it's pretty easy to look sculpted without food and fluids. Hahaha... This is the second time I've done it. Spending today reconstituting myself back up to 185. Not too difficult, even with work and stuff.

Managed to pick up a cold last week and I've been under the weather all weekend. Not going to the gym today, and I already feel bad about it. Especially since I've done what I usually do when I'm sick... eat everything in sight all weekend long.

Weighed in at 189 even this morning. Only down a little over half a pound in the last two weeks, but the mirror is showing better progress than that. I'm starting to get to the point where I'm going to have to get full blown psychotic about my diet if I want to get a six pack by summer. My current diet
strict 80% of the time, cheat like a motherfucker 20% of the time
has been fine with my hard work in the gym, but I know being super strict for 4-6 weeks could get me there faster and easier.

Chase: How much weight did you cut in one week? Was it for a fight weigh-in or something?

Fluctuating between 205 and 206 during my weigh-ins for the past week, not really too worried about it. I can feel the weight-loss, the muscles forming, and my legs getting bigger (from lifting, not weight gain lol). As long as I continue with the lifestyle change, and don't just do a random diet here and there I'll continue down the path that's healthy. Thanks for the game tips too guys, I'll be picking some of those up this week.

Tuesday Weigh-In

Height:
6'0
Last week's Weigh-in: 203.6 lbs
This week's Weigh-in: 200.2 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost this week: -3.4 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost total: -50.4 lbs
Goal weight (200 lbs): 0.2 lbs to go

NEW Goal weight (190 lbs): 10.2 lbs to go

So close, but yet so far...LOL. Yeah, that about sums it up.

I really thought I could do it this week but, all in all, it was another decent week. I crossed the 50 lbs lost mark, added 5 more minutes to my cardio routine (50 minutes total now), and can run longer, faster and not feel utterly decimated after a run.

The dieting isn't going so well, and it might have to do with the increased workout. I'm hungry all the time, but I'm sticking to the WW points. It's so hard now, and my wife is ready to throw me out of the house because I am terribly moody. I do have a confession...I broke out the deep frier because my kids wanted home made French Fries, so I did partake in some. Made some cheese fries, pizza fries, garlic and herb fries, you name it. And they loved it...I guess it's a compliment when they said "They were better than McDonalds" :lol:

And since I'm close enough to my goal, I did decide to make a new goal of 190...depending on how well I'm doing, I might just make my final goal 184.3 lbs, which is normal BMI. Now I know BMI is crap, but I like seeing Normal Weight.

Keep up the good work, peeps!

Because I like your format, Number83, I am going to use it to keep track of my weigh-in progress too.

Weigh-In
Height: 5'5"
Starting Weight (3/5/12): 149 lbs
Last week's Weigh-in: n/a
This week's Weigh-in: 147 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost this week: -2 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost total: -2 lbs
Goal weight (135 lbs): 12 lbs to go

I still need to integrate some weight lifting into my program, so far it's just been cardio of walking the dog and going on a walk on my 1 hour lunch break at work. I also try and throw in at least one extra 1 hour walk over the weekend. I'll use the Run Keeper app to keep track of how much I walk when I take the dog out several times a day - kind of curious to see how much it adds up!

As far as food goes, the biggest change has been switching out breakfast from a sugar loaded "Carnation Instant Breakfast" mix mixed with skim milk to Post Shredded Wheat Spoon Size Wheat'n Bran with no milk. Lots of carbs, but also lots of whole grains and fiber.

The habit I am trying very hard to break, and am about 50/50 on so far, is not stopping into a place for a snack when I go for my walk on my lunch break in downtown Portland. There are food carts and stores everywhere and I had a habit of getting a protein bar or something every time I went for a big walk, which is counterproductive as far as weight losing goes.

Keep up the good works, dudes and dudettes!

I lost another notch on my belt - I'm down to the last one. I think I pushed through a plateau over the last couple of weeks because more people have started commenting on how thin I look. I'm so close to the Machinist!!

[quote name='Number83']Tuesday Weigh-In

Height:
6'0
Last week's Weigh-in: 203.6 lbs
This week's Weigh-in: 200.2 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost this week: -3.4 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost total: -50.4 lbs
Goal weight (200 lbs): 0.2 lbs to go

NEW Goal weight (190 lbs): 10.2 lbs to go

So close, but yet so far...LOL. Yeah, that about sums it up.

I really thought I could do it this week but, all in all, it was another decent week. I crossed the 50 lbs lost mark, added 5 more minutes to my cardio routine (50 minutes total now), and can run longer, faster and not feel utterly decimated after a run.

The dieting isn't going so well, and it might have to do with the increased workout. I'm hungry all the time, but I'm sticking to the WW points. It's so hard now, and my wife is ready to throw me out of the house because I am terribly moody. I do have a confession...I broke out the deep frier because my kids wanted home made French Fries, so I did partake in some. Made some cheese fries, pizza fries, garlic and herb fries, you name it. And they loved it...I guess it's a compliment when they said "They were better than McDonalds" :lol:

And since I'm close enough to my goal, I did decide to make a new goal of 190...depending on how well I'm doing, I might just make my final goal 184.3 lbs, which is normal BMI. Now I know BMI is crap, but I like seeing Normal Weight.

Keep up the good work, peeps![/QUOTE]

This is amazing! Good on you!

Out of curiosity, did you start this January 1 of this year?

[quote name='daphatty']This is amazing! Good on you!

Out of curiosity, did you start this January 1 of this year?[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Yup...1/1/2012.

Weight Watchers Points system (the old version), Basketball 2 days a week and 3 days a week on the treadmill, increasing the time spent running as I get more endurance.

The American Ninja Warrior event was yesterday. Had a lot of fun, and, was glad to finally get to try the course. (Bigger in person!)

NINJA EDIT...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Javery']That is insane. 50lbs. in 2.5 months! I can't even wrap my head around it. Amazing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='perdition(troy']ya, 2/3 a pound a day in relation to weightloss is nuts.[/QUOTE]

I was probably taking in 4,000+ calories on some days, and only playing basketball twice a week for exercise pre-diet. I assume that when I shifted to the points, I'm now between 1,750 - 1,900 calories, not cheating, and exercising like a mad man. My body is probably in shock...I fully expect a rebound of massive proportions :lol:

[quote name='Rig']The American Ninja Warrior event was yesterday. Had a lot of fun, and, was glad to finally get to try the course. (Bigger in person!)

Sadly, I didn't move on...jump hang got me. But, I'll be better prepared next year![/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that, but at least you got to experience it and had fun.

I was probably taking in 4,000+ calories on some days, and only playing basketball twice a week for exercise pre-diet. I assume that when I shifted to the points, I'm now between 1,750 - 1,900 calories, not cheating, and exercising like a mad man. My body is probably in shock...I fully expect a rebound of massive proportions
As long as it is a lifestyle type change the rebound shouldn't be too bad. You've lost more than enough weight, so any gain wouldn't be as bad, imo. The amount of weight you lost is phenomenal regardless.

Yeah, just phenomenal work, 83. Incredibly impressive. :)

Any stories about running the course, Rig? Or did they have you sign a vow of silence? ;)

yeah, unbelievable 83. As long as you keep exercising and do stray from healthy food you should be able to maintain your weight. I can barely stomach big portions or junk food anymore and I used to have 2 helpings of everything!

Rig - I'm curious to hear about your experience unless like Chase said you are under an NDA or something.

I am technically under an NDA...though I imagine it's fairly loose as long as no results ate spoiled.

Still, I'll keep my mouth shut for a bit. Definitely will post about the experience though.

I got measured at the gym today, 186.5 pounds, 9.2% body fat. Abs before summer are looking like a real possibility.

I also ate an entire pepperoni pizza for lunch yesterday. Don't regret it at all. :whee:

bread's done
Back