CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I've lost only 2 pounds since I started eating healthier, counting calories, and exercising a month ago.  Last year, I did the same thing and was dropping around 2 pounds per week.  I can't seem to break down below 199.  Maybe I should have taken some measurements when I started to see if I lost any inches, but my pants don't really feel any looser.

I would recommend ANYTHING else besides surgery, I only see it as being acceptable in EXTREME cases. And in many cases those who did it eventually reverted to old habits and gained weight back, my ex went to work with someone who had it twice because she gained the weight back. I have only known ONE person who kept her weight off after the surgery, but she has had other vitamin deficiencies and problems because of it. Its not the easy fix many people get it for, when you do it for those reasons, you will ultimately fail

Doing it the correct way is going to be slower, but that extra dedication will stick with you and make you less likely to revert to bad habits when you know how had it was to get to where you are at. I have never been obese, and am thankful for that, but I also work out and am conscious of what I eat and how much I eat. I slipped up for a couple years when I was having knee and heel issues, but still was only around 185, I just had a little bit of a gut. I slowly cut out things in my life that led me to that point, such as less sodas and much more water... over a year lost 30 lbs. When I was in my early 20's I had the metabolism to be able to eat anything and not gain weight, it eventually catches up with everyone

Don't rely on the needing someone to work out with you gimmick either, odds are when you do that someone will flake out sooner than later. My jogs and workouts have become MY time, those occasions where I do get to actually enjoy a jog or workout with someone else are treats for me, but not expected. Lord knows I ask people to go jogging with me ALL the time

The hardest thing for me so far to get used to is going by the recommended servings or at least trying to. Like I never considered myself someone who ate a lot but I also know I'm someone (until now) who ate whatever he wanted. Most of which wasn't the healthiest things but I figured since I only eat about 3 times a day can't be that bad. Yeah, good mentality. Anyway, I've tried changing my eating habits before but have crashed and burned as I was trying to make too drastic changes too quick in my life and ended up quitting so I've been starting slow. Really slow as in I'm not eating nothing but healthy stuff right off the bat but just trying to pay more attention to what I'm eating and how much. Some of this stuff it just kills me haha, 200+ calories and it's like 6 little things. I hear so many great things about peanut butter, which I love, and many say it's a great snack if you eat a spoonful but maybe I'm just saying this because I'm not use to more control yet but who the hell just eats a spoonful of that!? It's like chips to me, you can't just have one (or in my case since no one else here likes it I use a knife)

Water adapting is pretty easy. I'll still drink a soda if I'm out somewhere (but that's not often as I don't eat out much) but it's never in the house anymore and that's a big deal to me since I literally would only drink here.

Lost 2 pounds this past week.  I tried eating a bit more than usual but still keeping under my TDEE.  It seems that might have helped kick start my metabolism.  We'll see what happens next week.

I think I may need some help here. About 8 years ago I was lucky enough to go from 220 lbs down to 155 and was able to maintain 155 until recently when I weighed myself and the damn scale showed 175. My schedule is pretty harsh these days with school in the morning and a full time job. It's hard to eat healthy around here, salads are super expensive and I think I've had enough Subway to last 2 lifetimes. 

Any good tips on time management? I used to be able to get in about 2 hours of cardio a day but now the only day I get any real workout is on sundays. I still carry my fitbit everywhere I go and try to accomplish my 10,000 steps but with winter creeping up, I'm worried that I'm going to be stuck in this slope. 

^^ I think if you're doing 10,000 steps a day, you're doing great.  A lot of the weight loss happens in the kitchen too.  Are you eating out or buying stuff at the supermarket?  You can get bags of salad for $1 a pop and chicken breast should be pretty cheap too.  

I gained a pound this past week.  I expected it though since it was my wife's birthday and I didn't keep track of what I was eating.  I've noticed I can fit into pants I haven't tried on in a long time though, so that's a good sign.  Hopefully the scale will keep moving in the right direction.

Been stagnant for a while. Sitting at 176 (5'11) right now. Was discussing with another friend and we might incentivize our weight loss.

If i hit 170lb i think plan is to buy a PS4. If i hit 165lb will buy a Mercedes. (actually, just Xbox One)

Weighed in this morning and looks like I'm finally shedding weight.  I'm down 9.4 pounds since starting two months ago.  I hurt my ankle somehow though so I haven't really been able to do the T25 anymore.  I took last week off to rest it and got back on it yesterday.  Unfortunately, it started to hurt again 5 minutes into working out so I did the modified low impact version for the rest of it.  I'm going to move on to more weight lifting oriented stuff so we'll see how that goes.

I'm down 9.4 pounds since starting two months ago.
You lost a giant baby :D/

I hurt my ankle somehow though so I haven't really been able to do the T25 anymore. I took last week off to rest it and got back on it yesterday. Unfortunately, it started to hurt again 5 minutes into working out so I did the modified low impact version for the rest of it. I'm going to move on to more weight lifting oriented stuff so we'll see how that goes.
hope your ankle feels better bro :grouphug:

You lost a giant baby :D/

hope your ankle feels better bro :grouphug:
Lol, that's true.

Thanks man, I did Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer yesterday and that was a lot better since there's no jumping around or running. I don't really like Tony's quips though so I may just mute it and put music on or something.

nice stuff guys, i was using my fitness pal. it is free and works great with fit bit. I am embarrassed by my weight, I outweight you guys vastly. Il post my weight once I lost more pounds.

Weighed in this morning and looks like I'm finally shedding weight. I'm down 9.4 pounds since starting two months ago. I hurt my ankle somehow though so I haven't really been able to do the T25 anymore. I took last week off to rest it and got back on it yesterday. Unfortunately, it started to hurt again 5 minutes into working out so I did the modified low impact version for the rest of it. I'm going to move on to more weight lifting oriented stuff so we'll see how that goes.
It's about a month since this last post and I just did my final weigh-in for the biggest loser competition at work. I'm down 24 pounds since I started! I am now at 180 and about 10 pounds left to my goal weight. After my ankle healed up, I started on T25 again and then Insanity to step it up. It seems the jump in activity helped kick-start the weight loss again.

I've never noticed this thread before, but I figured I'd chime in. I just started dieting on Monday after stepping on the scale. I'm 6'2" and 200 pounds, which puts me just barely in the overweight category. My goal is to get down between 170 and 180 (we'll see how I feel when I get there). My current diet is 1,960 calories a day, and I'm trying to put in a few miles of walking a day. (I have a desk job and work from home, so exercise is rare for me nowadays.)

I do have a question though. What kind of exercises should I be pairing with my diet? A lot of people tell me to run, but I fucking HATE running. Would cycling be a good alternative to running? (Maybe a stationary bike in the house?) Should I be doing any strength exercises too?

I've never noticed this thread before, but I figured I'd chime in. I just started dieting on Monday after stepping on the scale. I'm 6'2" and 200 pounds, which puts me just barely in the overweight category. My goal is to get down between 170 and 180 (we'll see how I feel when I get there). My current diet is 1,960 calories a day, and I'm trying to put in a few miles of walking a day. (I have a desk job and work from home, so exercise is rare for me nowadays.)

I do have a question though. What kind of exercises should I be pairing with my diet? A lot of people tell me to run, but I fucking HATE running. Would cycling be a good alternative to running? (Maybe a stationary bike in the house?) Should I be doing any strength exercises too?
Personally, I love rowing machines.

Question for you guys. Recently I decided to change my diet and start working out. I'm 5'11 and about 175 lbs. I cut out all fast food, candy, soda and bread. I've been going to the gym for the past 6 days and running / walking on the treadmill for 45+ minutes each day. All I eat now are bananas, vegetables, chicken and drink water and a Gatorade here and there.

Before starting my diet I would estimate I ate fast food 6 days a week and drank soda regularly. I've essentially cut my calories down by two thirds and have exercised everyday for 6 days. I know it's foolish to think I would see a difference in the mirror in only a few days, but I figured I'd notice something by now after the drastic cut in calories and large increase in exercise.

How long would you estimate it would take before I start to see in a difference in the mirror if I stay on my current track? My real goal is to fit back into my size 30 pants (wearing 34 waist currently).

Question for you guys. Recently I decided to change my diet and start working out. I'm 5'11 and about 175 lbs. I cut out all fast food, candy, soda and bread. I've been going to the gym for the past 6 days and running / walking on the treadmill for 45+ minutes each day. All I eat now are bananas, vegetables, chicken and drink water and a Gatorade here and there.

Before starting my diet I would estimate I ate fast food 6 days a week and drank soda regularly. I've essentially cut my calories down by two thirds and have exercised everyday for 6 days. I know it's foolish to think I would see a difference in the mirror in only a few days, but I figured I'd notice something by now after the drastic cut in calories and large increase in exercise.

How long would you estimate it would take before I start to see in a difference in the mirror if I stay on my current track? My real goal is to fit back into my size 30 pants (wearing 34 waist currently).
I don't think you're going to see results in just 6 days. Keep track of your measurements to see results though. Even though you might not be losing weight, you will probably be losing inches. Taking pictures is also a good way to keep track of the changes being made. When I look in the mirror now, I don't really see a difference from when I started since I see myself every day even though I've lost 20 pounds. Does that make sense? I actually didn't start losing any weight until about a month and a half of working out and eating right.

I have a question for you pros too, how do I go about losing fat %? I started at about 32% and am down to 29.5% according to my scale. I figured after losing 20 pounds, I would see a major change, but 2.5% doesn't seem like much.

Weight training is the biggest factor in decreasing bodyfat.  Cardio will help decrease it some, but with cardio, you're likely not putting on much muscle.  (Too much cardio can burn some muscle, too.) 

If you're strength training (weights), you're building muscle.  That is working to replace the fat.  As a bonus, muscle burns more calories than fat will, so putting more muscle on is also helping you to burn more calories while doing nothing. 

I've gained and lost weight the last three or so years almost exclusively without cardio.  (I run races sometimes, but that's about it.)

Thanks Rig, I'll give that a shot.  I'm still working towards finishing the Beta cycle of T25 and there is some weight training in there, but it's mostly cardio.  I don't want to pay for a gym membership so I'll have to see if I can find an exercise video more focused on weight training.

Thanks Rig, I'll give that a shot. I'm still working towards finishing the Beta cycle of T25 and there is some weight training in there, but it's mostly cardio. I don't want to pay for a gym membership so I'll have to see if I can find an exercise video more focused on weight training.
I don't know what you'd want to spend (if anything) on home gym equipment...but when I first started out, I bought these:

http://www.ironmaster.com/Package-3.html#.VIdfOIceDzc

Definitely pricey...but the quality is top notch. (I eventually needed more weights/powerrack, etc., so I had to eventually join a gym.)

I definitely need to buy some 20# and maybe 25# weights to start.  That setup looks really good, but it is pricey.  I could use my Biggest Loser winnings to buy it, but I was thinking of using that to buy a new TV :lol:

I'm edging closer and closer to 190 pounds.  A goal of mine has always been to get to 200 pounds.  (But then, I'll definitely have to lean out and go on a cut...so I'd be dropping back away from it.) 

To get me this far, I've had to eat somewhat bad.  I just can't eat clean and put on weight like I'd want to.  I can't/don't want to eat that much.  So I sub in a pizza or burger from time to time.  Much more enjoyable. 

Also, I'm loving the increases in strength that I've had while putting it on.  Even moving up from 180, I'm seeing new PR's in bench and squat.

Just started dieting last week. I use the my fitness pal app because it has an amazing search function that' has tons of foods, including restaurants

6'4"
270 starting weight
After a week I have lost around 6 pounds without a work out

This year my goal is to lose 20-25 lbs.

Been looking at exercise routines and I wanna find something I can do at home for like 20-25 minutes a day for 5 days a week.  Cutting back on food wont be a huge problem, it's just telling my brain to stop eating when something good is on the table.

Been looking at exercise routines and I wanna find something I can do at home for like 20-25 minutes a day for 5 days a week. Cutting back on food wont be a huge problem, it's just telling my brain to stop eating when something good is on the table.
I had fun and got in great shape with EA Sports Active 2. You can pick it up cheap if you shop around a little. It's basically a circuit workout that you can customize to your preferences. I stopped using it when I had an unrelated injury but might break it back out to jumpstart my cardio health.

Just started dieting last week. I use the my fitness pal app because it has an amazing search function that' has tons of foods, including restaurants

6'4"
270 starting weight
After a week I have lost around 6 pounds without a work out
No cheese, no fried foods, portion control and exercise. These four things are what helped me drop weight. Cheese has so much fat and cholesterol. You can still enjoy these foods without cheese, hamburger, tacos, burritos, eggs and everything else. Avoiding all fried foods is tough. Everyone knows fried everything is delicious.

My biggest problem is eating late at night. If I stay up late gaming or watching movies I want to snack constantly. They say sleep matters in weight loss/ maintenance and I think it's true.

Dieting tip: use salsa as a zero fat, zero calorie dressing on salad instead of Ranch and other fatty dressings. Great on baked potato too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Been looking at exercise routines and I wanna find something I can do at home for like 20-25 minutes a day for 5 days a week. Cutting back on food wont be a huge problem, it's just telling my brain to stop eating when something good is on the table.
I had really good results with T25. It's expensive, but it's so convenient to do at home and you don't need any kind of equipment until the second phase.

The Stairmaster...I find it's the only exercise where I sweat just as much (somedays even more) than running. On days I dont feel like running, I put in 35 minutes on Hard.

This thread has been inactive for nearly a year!  :(

I have stayed active, lifting four nights a week.  My main goal right now is to (clean-ish) bulk.  I was 180 pounds at 5'10" when these pictures were taken.  (About two weeks ago.)

I hope people stop back in and say how they're doing/what they're succeeding with!

Nice job man!  That's quite a change from your original picture.  I totally slacked last year, so I gained 20 pounds and I'm back up to around 200 pounds.  After I won the competition, I took a break from exercising and didn't go back to it.  I'll get started again one of these days.

Anybody do that website where they bet against you losing weight but if you meet your goal you win a lot of money?
My wife just did that. It's DietBet.
She had to lose 4% of her bodyfat in four weeks. They have different games. Hers cost $30 to enter.

She succeeded and lost about a pound more than the 4%. She won $38.XX. It seems everyone that won in hers got the same $8 and change.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife just did that. It's DietBet.
She had to lose 4% of her bodyfat in four weeks. They have different games. Hers cost $30 to enter.

She succeeded and lost about a pound more than the 4%. She won $38.XX. It seems everyone that won in hers got the same $8 and change.
There's another one I saw on Slick Deals where it is over 6 months and you have to put in $20 a month and if you meet your goal at the end of the 6 months you get a pretty decent pay out.

There's another one I saw on Slick Deals where it is over 6 months and you have to put in $20 a month and if you meet your goal at the end of the 6 months you get a pretty decent pay out.
She said there were a lot of different configurations. In her group, 74% or so succeeded.

Good motivation for some people.

Can we just rewind the clock and pretend its 4 years ago still? I'm back up to over 300lbs and went to the doctor for the first time in 15 years. They have asked me to go on a strict 1500 calorie Mediterranean diet plus 30-60 minutes of fitness 5 days a week. I'm not intimidated by having to start over but it was a major blow to realize I squandered away a huge chance to live healthy when I lost 100lbs the first time. Does anyone here have any meal plans or resources for eating 1500 calories a day?

Also is anyone actually still using LoseIt! or is there something else better these days?

Basically, if you want to be able to eat a lot on 1,500 calories, it's going to come down to veggies.  You can have HUGE salads for very little calories, assuming dressing is minimal.  (Definitely have it on the side!)

If it needs to be a strict (tracking all calories) diet, get a food scale.  Portions on the box (grams) can be highly inaccurate.

I don't really know much about the Mediterranean Diet...so some of this may not be applicable.

If it allows dairy, definitely give almond milk a shot.  You can find some that only has 30 calories a glass, and it tastes very good.  (We don't drink milk in our house anymore.)

We pick up big bags of salmon and tilapia.  Throw them on the grill or skillet.  Both are pretty tasty (and low calorie) if you like fish.

Are you allowed red meat?  I'm guessing not...but if you are, your best bet to keep calories down is to pickup super lean beef.  We usually get a 93/7.  Some stores even have a 97/3.  It takes some getting used to if you come from an 80/20 household.

Breads and grains are going to be mostly high calorie.  Healthy Life has a bread that's very low calorie per two slices.  If you have Aldi, I know they stock a bread that's 70 calories for two slices.

The bread thins are not bad. I bought those from Aldi in the past. Red Meat is supposed to be once a month, Chicken and fish are only twice a week, and no more than 4 eggs a week. Mediterranean also uses olive oil in all the cooking apparently. Its going to be a lot of veggies for sure, but its either this or diabetes.

bread's done
Back