CAG Madden 09 League #2 - CLOSED

[quote name='Derwood43']I bought a stand in until they get it fixed.[/quote]

What are you going to do with it when you get your other one back?

Always buy from Costco or Sams. They both have "satisfaction guaranteed" or your money back on most of their items. Costco limits tv's, computers, mp3 players, and a few other electronics but not video game systems. I have had 3 360's with the RRoD. Each one I took back to either Sams/Costco for a new one or my money back and went and bought a new one at the "other" place. My old Elite crapped out about2 months ago and I just took it back to Sams and they gave me a new one, no problem.

Sorry for the rant. TTT anyways, we need 3 more players. Oh and is it possible to actually finish a Madden game online without the loosing person not quiting the game or disconnecting their internet access. 3 games played, 3 people quit.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Sorry for the rant. TTT anyways, we need 3 more players. Oh and is it possible to actually finish a Madden game online without the loosing person not quiting the game or disconnecting their internet access. 3 games played, 3 people quit.[/quote]

I've noticed this too. Games will be finished in this league though, thats for sure.

[quote name='Jagged Toaster']I've noticed this too. Games will be finished in this league though, thats for sure.[/quote]

yeah, why quit a game in the league even if you are getting pounded? you need as much online experience practice as possible.

I mean, I'll take my ass-whoomping like a man and play till the end trying to figure out how to stop them but everyone I play either quit after they turn the ball over, quit once they loose the lead, or quit if I score a TD 1st.

[quote name='Wanderlai']I mean, I'll take my ass-whoomping like a man and play till the end trying to figure out how to stop them but everyone I play either quit after they turn the ball over, quit once they loose the lead, or quit if I score a TD 1st.[/quote]

that is weak

I don't care when we start. I'd honestly want to wait till the accelerated clock patch/DLC, but that's not until mid-Sept. Um, All-Pro settings seem fair, 0 rewinds. Preseason? Eh, no point in doing so.

We will start as soon as we fill the final two spots. I'm thinking the first game will need to be played by next Sunday. Is that alright?

For now, all of you can go ahead and play your first game. Just set it up with the other person and go from there.

no texans or seahawks fans? those teams aren't actually bad

i have to also laugh at brett favre being a 94 overall in the game... a player who's arm was basically dead after 3 days of camp.

[quote name='DestroVega']no texans or seahawks fans? those teams aren't actually bad

i have to also laugh at brett favre being a 94 overall in the game... a player who's arm was basically dead after 3 days of camp.[/quote]

The guy put up his best numbers in years last year though. With a good o-line, he's as solid as anyone in the league.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The guy put up his best numbers in years last year though. With a good o-line, he's as solid as anyone in the league.[/quote]

I hear ya, but I think a 91 is more suitable...

we play twice in this league man!... hopefully I can avenge my MLB loss to you!

[quote name='DestroVega']I hear ya, but I think a 91 is more suitable...

we play twice in this league man!... hopefully I can avenge my MLB loss to you![/quote]

Haha, oh you'll spank me in this man. I love Madden, but I suck on defense. Unless I can restore the Rams to "The Greatest Show on Turf", I'm in serious trouble.

Ill take the Texans..Im a Giant fan and I am in the other league but I will take one for the good of CAG and take the Texans...Now all we need is one more.

Heck at least the Texans have Mario Williams, Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson :)

Correction: I guess we are ready to start. The gamertag for the Seahawks has spaces in between the words. All of you should be glad I'm so smart and logical. Ha.

Read the first post for a note from me.

Like the new banner? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Derwood and I just played our game. It was close, but I got a few lucky breaks. And Derwood's a cool dude to talk to, for future reference.

Final score: New Orleans Saints (Matt Young) 17, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Derwood) 7

[quote name='Matt Young']Final score: New Orleans Saints (Matt Young) 17, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Derwood) 7[/quote]

OP updated. One question though: are there any other settings we need to create a default for? I can't think of anything other than the difficulty and rewinds. I haven't messed around with it yet though, so just wondering..

No problem. But just to clarify, since you put "keep default settings"- you can't change settings in a ranked game. When you choose ranked, it greys out the other options and you're forced to play 5 minute quarters on All-Pro, no rewinds.

Also, for the home/away deal, the person who challenges is the home team. So make sure whoever is supposed to be at home sends out the challenge, guys.

[quote name='The Chop Suey']lets get it on! yea lets go panthers, so to set up the match we go to the lobbies or what? im a lil confused how to set it up[/QUOTE]

I'm ready whenever. I worked last night so I'll sleep in some today but I'm good all week long. Just let me know TCS

I'm going to send halo_pwner a PM, but I don't think he has Madden 09 yet...
His xbox.com profile is messed up, it says the last game he played was Madden 08 in January...

[quote name='Matt Young']No problem. But just to clarify, since you put "keep default settings"- you can't change settings in a ranked game. When you choose ranked, it greys out the other options and you're forced to play 5 minute quarters on All-Pro, no rewinds.

Also, for the home/away deal, the person who challenges is the home team. So make sure whoever is supposed to be at home sends out the challenge, guys.[/quote]

There is a way to do ranked matches with a specific person? How do you do that? If you create a session it defaults to any opponent but if you do unranked it allows you to the match by invitation only.

[quote name='Azumangaman']I'm going to send halo_pwner a PM, but I don't think he has Madden 09 yet...
His xbox.com profile is messed up, it says the last game he played was Madden 08 in January...[/quote]

This will probably end up being a problem throughout this next week, with people forgetting they signed up, not having the game, ditching the league, etc. I'm hoping it's minimal, and I'm not too sure what I'll do about it yet.

I just played a game against my brother, and I won 97-0. No, I'm not that good, he's only 10 and doesn't really understand the game. I wouldn't normally run up the score, but I needed to practice, so I tried many different things. He seemed to enjoy it though.

[quote name='Jagged Toaster']This will probably end up being a problem throughout this next week, with people forgetting they signed up, not having the game, ditching the league, etc. I'm hoping it's minimal, and I'm not too sure what I'll do about it yet.

I just played a game against my brother, and I won 97-0. No, I'm not that good, he's only 10 and doesn't really understand the game. I wouldn't normally run up the score, but I needed to practice, so I tried many different things. He seemed to enjoy it though.[/quote]

LMAO! And your the Pats.

The funniest part is that seven of the TD's were returned interceptions. He kept throwing the ball right into the middle of where everyone was, and I ended up catching it and running it back. He thought it was hilarious.

[quote name='ivanctorres']There is a way to do ranked matches with a specific person? How do you do that? If you create a session it defaults to any opponent but if you do unranked it allows you to the match by invitation only.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... It's the same as past Maddens (and this year's NCAA). All you have to do is meet up in the same lobby and then challenge the opponent. Perhaps that needs to go in the OP as well?

hey guys,
i have madden and been online with many games for a couple years. weird that on xbox.com none of them registered recently. im ready to play so send me a message.
thanks

Awesome. Send me a friend request halo. I made room on my friends list for you.
I'm going to try to get my other league match going right now, but if I can't I can play you!

'No response, BTW, from the league.'

I felt like quoting the most awesomest movie ever for this post, since neither of the two opponents I'll be facing in the two leagues for Week 1 have responded yet. Oh well. I'm going to go start a franchise, even though its way too late here at the moment. I need sleep. Madden > sleep though.

Can anyone place that quote?

[quote name='GenghisJohn']Hey guys, I know the spots are all filled but i'd be willing to be an alternate when someone drops out.[/quote]

Sounds good. I'm sure there will be a few open spots after this first week. There will be a weeding out process. I have a feeling not everyone is going to be participating like they should..

[quote name='Matt Young']Yeah... It's the same as past Maddens (and this year's NCAA). All you have to do is meet up in the same lobby and then challenge the opponent. Perhaps that needs to go in the OP as well?[/quote]

thx I won like 6 unranked matches...none of which counted towards my record :bomb:

OP updated. Only 6 days left to play. I'm hoping this works. Most likely though, this league will flop after the first week. We'll see..

Way to stay optimistic, lol.

I'm trying sort things out with my opponent. He won't get Madden till tomorrow, but I'm sure we'll get our game done =]

[quote name='Wanderlai']I lost to The Chop Suey. Chargers 10 Panthers 0[/quote]

I just realized I messed up your name in the OP. I had it at 'lei' instead of 'lai'. Sorry about that.

bread's done
Back