CAG MLB 10: The Show League Fantasy Teams! MIL/PHI/SD open! Series 6 Games Due 9/6!

Possible draft times will be as follows: Sunday 5/30 at 9PM EST, Monday 5/31 at 9PM EST, Tuesday 6/1 at 9PM EST, Wednesday 6/2 at 9PM EST, Thursday 6/3 at 9PM EST. When you sign up, please list ALL times when you are available.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Possible draft times will be as follows: Sunday 5/30 at 9PM EST, Monday 5/31 at 9PM EST, Tuesday 6/1 at 9PM EST, Wednesday 6/2 at 9PM EST, Thursday 6/3 at 9PM EST. When you sign up, please list ALL times when you are available.[/QUOTE]

I'm down for another try at this and I'll be available for any of those draft times.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Possible draft times will be as follows: Sunday 5/30 at 9PM EST, Monday 5/31 at 9PM EST, Tuesday 6/1 at 9PM EST, Wednesday 6/2 at 9PM EST, Thursday 6/3 at 9PM EST. When you sign up, please list ALL times when you are available.[/QUOTE]

I'll play, and I'll just be any team that you need to fill up for the leagues to be even. All of those draft times are ok, lets just hope we get lucky with the Stanley Cup not being on the night we choose.:lol:

ill try but mlb hasnt been loading past the seizure warning for me. i ordered a laser for my fat since my slim is dying on me. hopefully it will work enough to sign up

I'll give it a go. I'd definitely be down for playing at least 2 games a week.
If the stuff is still messed up though, I'll probably trade the sucker in.

[quote name='Josh5890']I'll play, and I'll just be any team that you need to fill up for the leagues to be even. All of those draft times are ok, lets just hope we get lucky with the Stanley Cup not being on the night we choose.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I forgot you were a Chicago boy. It would be great it there were a couple days where basically everyone was available. Wishful thinking I'm sure. But having something go smoothly for this league would be a wonderful change of pace. Also, not sure what your plans for your league are, but you realize it's broken too right?

[quote name='m_d_amore']ill try but mlb hasnt been loading past the seizure warning for me. i ordered a laser for my fat since my slim is dying on me. hopefully it will work enough to sign up[/QUOTE]

Did you ever swap your disc out? I know you were talking about that before. Or did you just figure out for sure that your PS3 was the problem? That sucks either way, man. Having a fat and a slim die. Jesus. You could probably sell your story to Microsoft and get a free Xbox, lol. I'm sure they'd love to know they're not the only ones with hardware problems.

[quote name='melokeith']I'll give it a go. I'd definitely be down for playing at least 2 games a week.
If the stuff is still messed up though, I'll probably trade the sucker in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I figure. It's like how many "one more time"s can we have? If we have any problems with the draft time, or "server starting draft" being stuck for hours, or anything, I'm done. I'll then be taking a crap on this game and mailing it to the SCEA San Diego office. I started to get into an argument with a couple people on OS because they tried telling me that online didn't matter and the game was worth $60 regardless, and it made me want to set myself on fire. Some people just don't get it.

Oh, also, when are you available to draft?

The Lakers will play at 9 Eastern on 5/31 if the series goes 7, which I do not expect. I would not miss that, were it to happen. Same for any NBA Finals games if the Lakers make it. I will also be watching the Stanley Cup Final, but if we draft one the night of one of those games, I'd be fine with pausing my DVR and resuming the game after we finish our draft.

So basically, as long as the Lakers are not playing, I'm pretty sure I can make whichever date you choose.

[quote name='Matt Young']The Lakers will play at 9 Eastern on 5/31 if the series goes 7, which I do not expect. I would not miss that, were it to happen. Same for any NBA Finals games if the Lakers make it. I will also be watching the Stanley Cup Final, but if we draft one the night of one of those games, I'd be fine with pausing my DVR and resuming the game after we finish our draft.

So basically, as long as the Lakers are not playing, I'm pretty sure I can make whichever date you choose.[/QUOTE]

Ok. That's the longest way of saying "any" I've ever seen, lol. I think that MagicKing impression is getting a little too good, haha, j/k.

Well, not any, necessarily. The NBA Finals could start by then if both Conference Finals series end in sweeps. Boston's up 3-0, and LA is up 2-0, so that could very well happen.

[quote name='Matt Young']Well, not any, necessarily. The NBA Finals could start by then if both Conference Finals series end in sweeps. Boston's up 3-0, and LA is up 2-0, so that could very well happen.[/QUOTE]

So, if you're not telling me "any", what are you telling me? Basically, all you've done is update me on the status of the NBA and NHL playoffs, lol. I know how playoff schedules are. Just wait till Tuesday to post your availability so maybe you'll have a better idea.

i did swap discs worked for a bit . i overuse my ps3 oh well unemployment will do that lol . i think on a cold start i can get it to read mlb long enough to play i hope

i'm good any day but Wednesday
Thanks for keeping things moving N8, I just can't believe that they don't acknowledge the issues. The game is constantly lauded as being so awesome when it's so obviously broken. I'd take a less pretty game that works well over a polished pos any day. Don't they test the online before shipping?

yeah Weds is no good for me either, Tuesday would actually be the better day but sunday might work best because of monday being a holiday.

[quote name='DestroVega']yeah Weds is no good for me either, Tuesday would actually be the better day but sunday might work best because of monday being a holiday.[/QUOTE]

Are you telling me only Sunday and Tuesday then? There were like 5 possible days/times, lol. Some of you guys read like Chinese stereo instructions on here.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Are you telling me only Sunday and Tuesday then? There were like 5 possible days/times, lol. Some of you guys read like Chinese stereo instructions on here.[/QUOTE]

well i thought sunday might work best for everyone... the best days for me though are Mon and Tues, Weds is definitely out for me.

Sunday is going to be tough for me but I would make it happen if I had to.

[quote name='DestroVega']well i thought sunday might work best for everyone... the best days for me though are Mon and Tues, Weds is definitely out for me.

Sunday is going to be tough for me but I would make it happen if I had to.[/QUOTE]

That's the point of asking everybody to list all the days when they are available...so it makes it easy for me to see what the common day is. If we're just guessing and listing days that "might be best" for everybody, it doesn't tell me anything. That's why it's called a "preference". I'll put you down for Monday and Tuesday then.

Also, people only putting one day, realize you're making things harder. I understand if that's really the only day you can make it, but you're giving me no flexibility here. And if you have to miss the draft because of it, I can't do anything to help you.

I'll take the padres this time around because I remember we had an issue with snore

im available monday, tuesday(10 pm est) thursday(10 pm est) and sunday

[quote name='wildcpac']I'll take the Giants if they are open.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but this is the most useless post ever. 1. The Giants are currently taken. It would have taken 5 seconds to look at the OP and figure that out. 2. You didn't tell me when you're available to draft. Think you could help me out a little bit here? Like...at all?

Also, I'm going to open it up to the rest of the league to switch teams now if they'd like to do so. And honestly, we need two people to switch to AL teams (unless wildcpac picks an AL team...in which case we'd only need one more to switch).

As for a draft time, right now, it's looking like it's going to either be Sunday or Monday. The only conflict with those days was DestroVega stating he'd have a hard time making it on Sunday, and Supreme really not giving an availability at all beyond Sunday. Since DestroVega was the odd man out with the last draft time, I'd feel pretty shitty making him miss the draft again. So, it would be nice to know Supreme's availability for Monday.

I hope we can get all of this taken care of and wrapped up within the next day or so, so I can get the league set up and people will have plenty of time to join.

I thought it was a complete reboot, my bad. Put me down for the Marlins.

Either day works for the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wildcpac']I thought it was a complete reboot, my bad. Put me down for the Marlins.[/QUOTE]

Well, it is. But the person who wanted the Giants rejoined. Not sure if he's interested in switching teams, but I'll keep you in mind should he choose to do so. Also, you still didn't give me your draft availability. I'll even simplify it for you. It's most likely going to be Sunday 5/30 at 9 PM EST or Monday 5/31 at 9 PM EST. Are those days good for you?

And yeah, we've got 8 NL teams and 4 AL teams. Either 2 people need to switch to AL teams, or 2 NL teams are just going to get stuck there.

[quote name='madbst']I'll switch to the Twins. Their new park looks pretty.[/QUOTE]

All right, thanks man. That really helps. Now worst comes to worst, if no one else wants to switch, I'll throw the Brewers back into the AL just like the old days, haha.

wildcpac, that means you get the Giants.

Either day for the draft works for me. I'll stick with the Marlins though. I want to play in Pro Player, Joe Robbie whatever it's called now with the teal uniforms.

[quote name='yukine']I didn't know the league was restarting, is there any room left or are you just keeping it to a 12 team league?[/QUOTE]

I've been posting about it for 3 days. Where you been? I'm not opposed to having more than 12, but if we had 13...we'd need 14. And it kinda seems like the interest has died down. I'll give it till the end of today though.

Well like I said, Sunday would be best and I know that for a fact. I don't really know if I'll be busy or not a week from now, it's kind of hard for me to say for sure and then possibly end up being busy, ya know? I can get the hint that you'd like a Monday draft, so I'll just say it's good and hope for the best.

[quote name='Supreme']Well like I said, Sunday would be best and I know that for a fact. I don't really know if I'll be busy or not a week from now, it's kind of hard for me to say for sure and then possibly end up being busy, ya know? I can get the hint that you'd like a Monday draft, so I'll just say it's good and hope for the best.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ok...sure, lol. The main objective here was just to post days when people have some free time. If you're a "go out to the bar' kind of person, then yeah, there's no telling when you might want to do that. But most people know their work schedules a week in advance, and that was the point. We could all just choose to do something else. Monday is Memorial Day if that helps any. I don't know if people like to go out and get drunk to celebrate the soldiers defending our country.

Thanks for switching teams though. At least we're balanced now.

[quote name='m_d_amore']are the invites out yet?[/QUOTE]

No, not yet.

C'mon n8, but you know I'm good for getting games played. I have no commitment problems with the leagues here. I was going to say what other days were good for me later this week, but I was just putting in a word for a Sunday draft, that's all. Didn't think that it would be a big deal since the other options were later on in the week.

[quote name='Supreme']C'mon n8, but you know I'm good for getting games played. I have no commitment problems with the leagues here. I was going to say what other days were good for me later this week, but I was just putting in a word for a Sunday draft, that's all. Didn't think that it would be a big deal since the other options were later on in the week.[/QUOTE]

Monday is one day later, lol. It's fine man. Obviously, it's not going to be easy to find a day that works for everybody anyway. I was just trying to make a distinction between "I absolutely cannot do it that day" (ie. work/family obligations/etc.) vs. "I might be playing Call of Duty". That's all I'm saying.

I know, my point is that I wasn't deliberately trying to make your job harder and I have my reasons for not being 100% sure on availability. It's not something stupid like "should I show up to this draft or should I do something that I can do any other day that isn't important?".

[quote name='Supreme']I know, my point is that I wasn't deliberately trying to make your job harder and I have my reasons for not being 100% sure on availability. It's not something stupid like "should I show up to this draft or should I do something that I can do any other day that isn't important?".[/QUOTE]

Understood. I'll make the final decision on when the draft will be when I set up the league sometime tonight. It really doesn't matter to me which day we have it on. But like I said, I don't think it would really be fair to schedule it for a second time on the one day DestroVega is NOT available. But hopefully everything will work out and you'll be able to make it either way.

[quote name='Supreme']I'll do you a favor too and switch to the White Sox.[/QUOTE]

Damn you for doing exactly what I was going to do. But maybe Josh's league will restart, too, and I can use the real White Sox.

Also, Nate... Has the deal been worked out where you schedule a draft for one day and it occurs on another?

[quote name='Matt Young']Damn you for doing exactly what I was going to do. But maybe Josh's league will restart, too, and I can use the real White Sox.

Also, Nate... Has the deal been worked out where you schedule a draft for one day and it occurs on another?[/QUOTE]

It depends on if you believe SCEA or not. I haven't tested it yet, so who knows. I won't know for sure what day the draft is on until everyone joins and the league is activated. That's another reason I'd like to get things set up early. So, in case there's a problem and we need to do it twice, we'll have time before Monday.

I've been playing UFC, but I guess I'll take a break and go ahead and set the league up now. I guess we'll be going with 12 guys, so sorry to yukine. It's just getting exhausting trying to salvage anything from this damn game.

All right, the new league has been created and invites have been sent out. I chose Monday for the draft, and lo and behold, the game actually put the draft on Monday. I did take a calculated gamble with the time though. Every time I've scheduled one of these drafts, the time has been off by one hour. So, I set it for 10:00 PM. That's actually the thing that doesn't show up properly until the league is activated though.

So, worst case scenario, the game FINALLY works correctly and our draft ends up being at 10PM EST instead of 9PM EST. But I figure since last time we had 16 teams drafting and the draft only took 90 minutes, having 12 teams should make up some time if we do end up with a later start. But we will know the time for sure once everybody accepts their invitation. I'm just glad it's actually on the correct day for once.

The only bad thing about having less than 16 teams is that it kills the playoff spots. With 16 teams, you could have 8 teams reach the playoffs. With 14 or less, the most you can have is 4. But I guess that doesn't matter if the 16 team league can't complete a season anyway. I just think it's kinda crappy that 2/3 of the league won't make the playoffs. But anyway...here we go again, lol.

[quote name='Matt Young']Damn you for doing exactly what I was going to do. But maybe Josh's league will restart, too, and I can use the real White Sox.

Also, Nate... Has the deal been worked out where you schedule a draft for one day and it occurs on another?[/QUOTE]

You can take the White Sox then. I assumed you didn't want them since you had the Dodgers. I'll stick with the Pirates.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I've been posting about it for 3 days. Where you been? I'm not opposed to having more than 12, but if we had 13...we'd need 14. And it kinda seems like the interest has died down. I'll give it till the end of today though.[/QUOTE]
Has the thread title been changed this whole time? I was waiting until they released a patch that worked since last I heard the latest one was still bugged.

I guess one league is enough for me to play through anyway.

[quote name='yukine']Has the thread title been changed this whole time? I was waiting until they released a patch that worked since last I heard the latest one was still bugged.

I guess one league is enough for me to play through anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was changed to "Restart! Sign up & Draft Time By 5/25!" when I made this post on 5/22.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']All right, well that's four people so far. I think what I'm going to do is just have sign ups like we're starting fresh. I'll give people already in the league first priority, and people will be keeping their teams. Once everyone is signed up, if somebody wants to switch to an open team that would be fine. I do want to keep the AL and NL even though. I think I'll give everyone until Tuesday to sign up...and we'll see how many teams we end up with. Honestly, anybody still around to sign up for a 3rd time is probably committed enough to participate.[/QUOTE]

I even kept wildcpac on a waiting list for two days to make sure people who were in the league before had time to see it. Sorry man. Like I said, I wouldn't mind having more, but we'd still need one more after you. At least Josh's league is restarting too. If either of these works at all, I'll consider it a huge accomplishment.

Is no problem! I just didn't notice it I guess.

Do you know if the leagues will fall apart again if someone drops? If not, I'll gladly be a backup man again.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']If either of these works at all, I'll consider it a huge accomplishment.[/QUOTE]

If either of these work, SCEA should give each of us a certificate for half off a future game purchase for our dedication with their online services.

bread's done
Back