CAG MLB 10: The Show League Original Teams Finish 1 game by June 13th

Josh5890

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
mlb.gif

Thanks to the "wonderful" MLB 10: THe Show developer team, the league is completely broken. All of the games we played don't count anymore. So know we are literally back to square one. If you want to start again I'm all for that. I'm looking to downsize a little bit. To say maybe 10-12 teams. This way we can move a little faster. I'm gonna hold the spots until Thursday night for current members. After that I'll open to others if necessary. Like I said, I want to try and stay around 10 but I have no plans of going higher than 12. 16 is just too many. Just post below or PM me if you want in. No response will be assumed as an exit from the league. No hard feelings if you want out. I'll understand.

Ok folks after some delay, we are now running!!! Like I predicted, MLB opens it up so that you can play 9 different games at the moment. When everyone has played 9 games, we move on to the next set. So now you have 9 different people to play against.

Since there is a holiday this weekend, I'll be a little light with the games. Right now everyone has until next Friday (April 9th) to play at least one game. If you don't play a game you will be dropped unless you PM me ahead of time and have a problem.

Also, please understand, although there has been improvements with the game's online features, lag among other things, there are still flaws. Game records will probably not show up for 1-2 days, but they will be recorded eventually. Hopefully everything will go smoothly during the season. If anything comes up, please let me know A.S.A.P. Other than that...

Play Ball

Standings: http://www.theshowcommunity.com/leagues/81100
Ok the draft order is set... (National League-8, American League-8)
  1. iSuperfly/Grievey/X/Los Angeles Angels of Anehiem
  2. spidamatrix/TheGloomyAvenger/X/New York Metropolitans
  3. yukine/ratzombie/X/Arizona Diamondbacks
  4. wildcpac/Cpac2008/X/New York Yankees
  5. Dahk/DahkX/X/Tampa Bay Rays
  6. madbst/madnena/X/Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles
  7. n8rockerasu/n8rocker82/X/Philadelphia Phillies
  8. Steggy/Killsbury/X/Milwakee Brewers
  9. Josh5890/Josh5890/X/Chicago Cubs
  10. notoriousxbox/ONE_LOVE_1997/X/Boston Red Sox
  11. DestroVega/DestroVega/X/Texas Rangers
  12. MattYoung/MattYoung730/X/Chicago White Sox
  13. BigAT/BigggAT/X/Minnesota Twins
  14. Supreme/CaptainBackslap/X/Atlanta Braves
  15. ivanctorres/ICT_Esqgamer/X/San Fransisco Giants
  16. Droogs/DroogsDontRun/X/Toronto Blue Jays
We now have our field of 16 set and ready get going! Before we set up and start playing we need to get the team draft lottery done. Here is how it will go...
1. You have 72 hours to respond to my PM via another Pm or post on this thread saying that you agree to the draft rules. If you don't post within 72 hours you will be droped from the league. This is to insure that we have 16 comitted players.

2. When everyone has agreed to the draft rules, then I will complete the draft via a list randomizer on www.random.org. I will immediately post the draft on this thread.

3. From that point on we will start picking teams. You will have 24 hours after the person before you picked to pick your team. For those towards the back remember that we will have 8 National League teams and 8 American League teams.

4. I promise to update the draft as often as possible. Please pick your team as soon as possible so that we can start playing.

THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO DROP OUT WITHOUT HARM. AFTER WE START PICKING TEAMS, YOU ARE DEDICATED TO THIS LEAGUE UNLESS YOU WISH TO FEEL THE WRATH OF KRATOS!

One more thing, please deposit $1,000,000 into my Swiss Bank Account so that we may gift the winner of the league a full $16,000,000. Here is my account number
5376-6987-0573-9674

NO FREE AGENTS!!!

We had some problems in the last league with this so as of right now, please don't sign any free agents. If everything runs smoothly in the league, maybe we can experiment with F.A's laters on.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) B - Fantasy Draft
2)C - 16 teams & 22 Games
3)Top 8 teams in best of 3 playoff series.

Fantasy Draft-3 Original Teams-0
16 & 22 teams-3 12 & 15-0 16 & 15-0

I figured that 16 teams would probably get the most votes anyway. Also, if we do stick to a fantasy draft, I probably would let everyone just pick their teams and not have a lottery to decide their teams. Teams would be available on a first come first serve. However, remember that there must be an even number of NL and AL teams so someone may be forced to pick from a group of teams.

And the chaos begins...lol. Also, just curious, when you're saying 16 teams would be best, are you counting on having 16 people interested in being in the league, or are you thinking you can round out with CPU teams? I'm asking because considering SCEA is supposedly revamping the whole online league structure, it could be possible to have CPU teams in the league (again...ala Madden). I guess it just depends on if it's more like a league...or more like a franchise.

I thought the idea of fantasy teams was fun last year, so I'll go with them again. As for the number of teams, shouldn't we just see how many people are interested first?

Fantasy teams, I'm fine with whatever schedule, but if it's 22 games, we have to play 2 games a week, really.

[quote name='DestroVega']Fantasy teams, I'm fine with whatever schedule, but if it's 22 games, we have to play 2 games a week, really.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Doing a 22 week season could be strenuous. At least in year's past, it's been that way. Who knows. If SCEA has actually gotten online to work properly, it might be enjoyable to have a season that runs parallel to the real MLB season. Although if online does actually work properly this year, people would probably have an easier time playing 2 games a week as well. To me, so much hinges on what they did or did not fix.

Fantasy Draft-4 Original Teams-2
16 & 22 teams-4 12 & 15-1 16 & 15-0

Only one day until the game comes out :)

[quote name='Josh5890']Fantasy Draft-7 Original Teams-2
16 & 22 teams-4 12 & 15-1 16 & 15-0

Only one day until the game comes out :)[/QUOTE]

Only one day? Isn't this being released on March 2?

[quote name='Brownjohn']Only one day? Isn't this being released on March 2?[/QUOTE]

Oops, one week. I'm just too excited man:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

To answer a few things; 1. If 16 teams is what we go with, which is in first place right now, then I really hope that we get 16 human players. If some are kicked off and we have to switch them to CPU teams, that is fine I guess but hopefully that won't be an issue. 2. I have no problem with doing 2 games a week, but everyone must be willing to stick with that commitment. Hopefully if Sony has fixed all the bugs then we should be good going into the league.

@Josh do you think there's ro
for me in the league? I only want to buy the game to be in this league. I was in a league in 08 with N8rocker. I played my games, but I sucke at times, mostly due to lag.

[quote name='ivanctorres']@Josh do you think there's ro
for me in the league? I only want to buy the game to be in this league. I was in a league in 08 with N8rocker. I played my games, but I sucke at times, mostly due to lag.[/QUOTE]

Hey man there is plenty of room. :) If you are worried by the lag, Sony made alot of improvments so there should be little to worry there. Just remember that the sign up will be shortly after the voting ends.

AA or AB if CPU teams can be used as well like in Madden.

As far as playoffs... I say we reconvene mid league and vote, since chances are we wont have the same number of players we initially start with.

[quote name='Steggy']AA or AB if CPU teams can be used as well like in Madden.

As far as playoffs... I say we reconvene mid league and vote, since chances are we wont have the same number of players we initially start with.[/QUOTE]

Waiting until midway through the season to figure out how the playoffs will happen would a good idea. I'm sure by then we will know how this league is shaping up with participants.

[quote name='Josh5890']Waiting until midway through the season to figure out how the playoffs will happen would a good idea. I'm sure by then we will know how this league is shaping up with participants.[/QUOTE]

Well, that might not work how you're wanting it to. Most decisions for any league in any sports game have to be made when you create the league. In year's past, the only thing you could even dictate for playoffs was length of the series, and MAYBE how many teams made it...but that was directly tied to how many teams you had in the league to begin with. Although, with as many supposed changes as they're making to online this year, who knows how it will work.

I just wanted to say I'm interested in a CAG league. My vote would probably be:

1) A
2) B

[quote name='MSUHitman']Well I guess another year of not being in a CAG league going by the votes. Have fun everyone.[/QUOTE]

hahaha, thanks. your input is appreciated.

Is there any chance we can form a tentative list of participants/team selections at all? Seems like many people have voted already.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Well I guess another year of not being in a CAG league going by the votes. Have fun everyone.[/QUOTE]

I would throw in the towel quite yet. Fantasy Draft is only up 5-4 and voting goes through next Tuesday so there is plenty of time for anything to happen. Plus my vote hasn't been casted yet ;)

Remember...
A=Original Teams
B=Fantasy Draft

[quote name='Steggy']
Is there any chance we can form a tentative list of participants/team selections at all? Seems like many people have voted already.[/QUOTE]

You know that sounds like a good idea....

If you are interested in playing in the 2010 CAG MLB 10:The Show league, please PM me with 1. PSN Name and 2. Prefered team if we have a fantasy draft. You aren't officially committed now but at least your spot is reserved. You are free to drop out anytime before we set a Draft time or have a Team lottery.

***YOU MUST PM ME!!! Please don't post saying please put me down.***

First 15 PM's get the spots, fill-ins will be posted as well.

[quote name='Matt Young']So, when does the OFFICIAL league run by n8rockerasu start? You can't just sign up here and take over something that isn't yours.[/QUOTE]

I hate to burst your bubble here but this is the OFFICIAL league. n8rockerasu let me take over since he has said himself that he isn't sure if he is getting the game or not. Do you want to join or not?

[quote name='Matt Young']So, when does the OFFICIAL league run by n8rockerasu start? You can't just sign up here and take over something that isn't yours.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Matt. I'm not sure when I'm going to get the game, or if it will even be worth getting (though the demo should shine a little bit of light on that tomorrow). If Sony had any balls at all, they would make an online game part of the demo, to show everybody that the lag is fixed once and for all. After last year, I'm just not comfortable putting blind faith into The Show, and I didn't want to hold up all the people who pre-ordered it. Besides, I'm looking more forward to CAGFC this year anyway.

HOWEVER, if I do get the game, I might consider doing an alternate to whatever this league decides on (fantasy or real teams). Josh had been talking about having two leagues anyway, but not being able to run both. And surprisingly, the votes seem to be fairly split between the two choices. But as others have said, just making one league work is hard enough. I would only do it if online was fully functional and this league was running smoothly. I don't want to do anything to detract from what Josh is trying to put together. I know first hand what a pain in the ass it can be, lol. :)

[quote name='Josh5890']I hate to burst your bubble here but this is the OFFICIAL league. n8rockerasu let me take over since he has said himself that he isn't sure if he is getting the game or not. Do you want to join or not?[/QUOTE]

Well, that was never stated. How was I supposed to know?

I'll join. My PS3 tag is MattYoung730. I'd like to play with original teams, because fantasy drafts take the soul out of the game.

[quote name='Matt Young']Well, that was never stated. How was I supposed to know?

I'll join. My PS3 tag is MattYoung730. I'd like to play with original teams, because fantasy drafts take the soul out of the game.[/QUOTE]

It's all good, I added you to the list.

Updated Totals....

A. Original Teams-7 B. Fantasy-5
A. 12&15-2 B. 16&15-2 C. 16&22-5

I'm a little suprised that Original Teams is winning right now considering that in the other thread, it seemed like Fantasy was the favorite. Either way I'm happy. Just remember that in order to keep it fair for everyone, my plan is to have a lottery to decide who picks their team first. If a majority of the players want something different, please let me know, I'm alway open to discussion. Don't forget to vote. We still have 6 full days of voting.

[quote name='Josh5890']It's all good, I added you to the list.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Sorry for being rude earlier, but I was in a bad mood anyway and felt the need to back Nate up when I thought someone was trying to steal his concept.

Hey, just a random question, but is Mokena in the Chicago area? I just don't see a lot fo Illinois folks around here. I lived most of my life in Springfield. I'm a die-hard White Sox fan in a family full of Cubs fans, heh.

[quote name='Matt Young']Thanks. Sorry for being rude earlier, but I was in a bad mood anyway and felt the need to back Nate up when I thought someone was trying to steal his concept.

Hey, just a random question, but is Mokena in the Chicago area? I just don't see a lot fo Illinois folks around here. I lived most of my life in Springfield. I'm a die-hard White Sox fan in a family full of Cubs fans, heh.[/QUOTE]

It's cool, Matt. Down boy! ;)

Like I said, I'd give it a 90% chance that I have some kind of league at some point. It might be a month after the game is out, but whatever Josh doesn't want to do, I'll probably pick up just for anybody who's interested (assuming the game works).

I am also surprised that original teams are leading the votes right now. Honestly, Josh, I'd just say do whatever YOU want to do. It seems like either way, some people are going to be disappointed (I believe that's called "life", haha). Ultimately, it's your league, man. Make it what you want it to be.

[quote name='Matt Young']Thanks. Sorry for being rude earlier, but I was in a bad mood anyway and felt the need to back Nate up when I thought someone was trying to steal his concept.

Hey, just a random question, but is Mokena in the Chicago area? I just don't see a lot fo Illinois folks around here. I lived most of my life in Springfield. I'm a die-hard White Sox fan in a family full of Cubs fans, heh.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it. There wasn't profanity or anything so I'm not offended. I'm happy to have you in the league.

Mokena is in the far south Chicago area. Just south of I-80. Yes I am a die-hard Cubs fan who lives on the south side of Chicago :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']It's cool, Matt. Down boy! ;)

Like I said, I'd give it a 90% chance that I have some kind of league at some point. It might be a month after the game is out, but whatever Josh doesn't want to do, I'll probably pick up just for anybody who's interested (assuming the game works).

I am also surprised that original teams are leading the votes right now. Honestly, Josh, I'd just say do whatever YOU want to do. It seems like either way, some people are going to be disappointed (I believe that's called "life", haha). Ultimately, it's your league, man. Make it what you want it to be.[/QUOTE]

Nate, you are more than welcome to make your own league. I'll probably join that too if there is room. :)

Also, although I am a little partial to Original Teams, I am also open to democracy to a degree. Right now it looks like there won't be a fantasy draft which I am fine with since it would be almost impossible to get 16 people together across the country at one time to have a draft and that is a big disadvantage to whomever is let out.

[quote name='Josh5890']Don't worry about it. There wasn't profanity or anything so I'm not offended. I'm happy to have you in the league.

Mokena is in the far south Chicago area. Just south of I-80. Yes I am a die-hard Cubs fan who lives on the south side of Chicago :)[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm a Packers fan from Illinois, so that's probably considered "worse".

And as I said, original teams are the way to go.

Evening bump and updated totals....

A. Original Teams-7 B. Fantasy-5

Remember that if we play original teams that we will have a lottery to decide what order we pick our teams unless everyone wants to just go first come first serve. I'm all about democracy. :)

Roster has been updated and a couple PM's sent. A couple people voted in their PM's so here are new totals...
A. Original Teams-7 B. Fantasy-7

There is one spot left in the league. However keep in mind that we need 8 teams from both the National League and the American League and the NL already has 7 so I can only accept 1 more NL team.

Well....I guess going out of town a few days for work means I missed out....

Edited to add:
OHHHHHH!!! I see whats going on here Josh...Cubbies fan! Trying to screw over CAGers BIGGEST Cardinals fan. Here's a joke for ya then:

Q: Whats the difference between a Wrigley Field Hot dog and a Busch Stadium Hot Dog?

A: You can buy a Busch Stadium Hot Dog in October ;)

bread's done
Back