CAG MLB 10: The Show League Original Teams Finish 1 game by June 13th

[quote name='Josh5890']Ok guys help me out. I just logged on and there are 2 unresolved games...

ratzombie vs. thegloomyavenger
dahkx vs. killsbury

Anyone want to tell me who won here so I can rule towards that person.[/QUOTE]

I beat Killsbury 1-0. Not sure why thats unresolved...

I had a game that was resolved for a win that I don't think I ever played. Are you able to take back a resolved game?

[quote name='Supreme']What happened?[/QUOTE]

Sorry man. I lost power at my house for a while. Really aggrivating. I apoligize for that completely. I don't understand how it happened.

[quote name='wildcpac']Anybody up for a game now?[/QUOTE]

I would be, but I'm not sure if I'm one of your available opponents. It's too bad you can't actually see the league schedule on the website. I guess I need to write the damn thing down.

Is anyone available tonight? I'm the White Sox, in case you want to check if I'm on your schedule.

There is a Dodgers game on at 4 and the White Sox play at 5, but I can always pause the DVR.

[quote name='Matt Young']Is anyone available tonight? I'm the White Sox, in case you want to check if I'm on your schedule.

There is a Dodgers game on at 4 and the White Sox play at 5, but I can always pause the DVR.[/QUOTE]

I think you are on my schedule. I'll be down for a game after 11 eastern, 8 western.

so I'm looking to play tonight (Thursday) anyone have me in their schedule who can get a game in, probably around 9 PM EST?

I can probably do that, Destro.

I got on tonight, but BigAT wasn't on. I wanted to challenge Yukine to a game, but I couldn't even log in to Sports Connect.

[quote name='Matt Young']
I got on tonight, but BigAT wasn't on. I wanted to challenge Yukine to a game, but I couldn't even log in to Sports Connect.[/QUOTE]
Sorry about that, but I'm east coast and midnight is too late for me to be starting up a game.

Seems like the server was being shut down for 12 hours today for major maintenance, maybe things will be all settled for games tomorrow!

The server maintenance is supposed to be done in an hour. I need to get at least one game in. Who wants to play the White Sox tonight?

I'm sure i'll be on later to play anyone that wants to. Also, I played a game last night that was grayed out and it counted. So, I believe we can play any of our games.

[quote name='Matt Young']The server maintenance is supposed to be done in an hour. I need to get at least one game in. Who wants to play the White Sox tonight?[/QUOTE]

Matt are we able to play each other tonight?... I haven't looked at the schedule. I'm the Rangers.

Need to get a game in and these are the teams on my schedule

Angels - Cubs - Phillies - Diamondbacks - Brewers - White Sox - Giants - Mets

Anybody available ?

Also cant play the Blue Jays. On my schedule in the box it tells me it was resolved ??? and I got the loss , have no clue what happened.

Destro, you are on my schedule. Still want to play at 9 eastern?

Notorious, I can play around midnight Eastern or shortly after (not sure which time zone you're in) depending on when the White Sox game ends. I should only miss a few innings while playing Destro.

[quote name='notoriousxbox']Need to get a game in and these are the teams on my schedule

Angels - Cubs - Phillies - Diamondbacks - Brewers - White Sox - Giants - Mets

Anybody available ?

Also cant play the Blue Jays. On my schedule in the box it tells me it was resolved ??? and I got the loss , have no clue what happened.[/QUOTE]
Do you want to play now? Give me a PM.

Okay, if you're on, we can play. If not, maybe tomorrow at an earlier time?

Josh-w hat are we doing about free agents? We have to each play one game to access FA's, but some guys are already signing them, such as Toronto acquiring Jermaine Dye.

[quote name='Matt Young']Okay, if you're on, we can play. If not, maybe tomorrow at an earlier time?

Josh-w hat are we doing about free agents? We have to each play one game to access FA's, but some guys are already signing them, such as Toronto acquiring Jermaine Dye.[/QUOTE]
I'll be on in about 5 minutes.

Edit: I lied, I got caught up in questing on Giantbomb.com :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, looks like I'm going to have a hard time getting a game in. I don't know if it's my timing or what, but my available opponents keep signing off right after I message them about playing. From what I remember, these are the people I can play.

BigAT, ivanctorres, steggy, DestroVega, notoriousxbox, wildcpac, madbst, iSuperfly

I'll probably be on my 360 later, but if anybody wants to set up a time to play, let me know.

Like I pmed Josh, I was away on vacation. Just got back to the states, and ended up in the hospital with pneumonia. I am looking to get a game in this weekend.

[quote name='yukine']I'll play you after then, Matt.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I was talking to Nate. We can play later on if you want (that goes for anyone) but for now, I'm going to watch the erst of the White Sox/Indians game.

Anyway, I played Destro (my first online game ever) and it was the greatest. I went up 3-0 on a home run, then he later tied it at 3. I went up 5-3 on another homer; again, he tied it at 5. Bobby Jenks blew the save in the 9th, but got the win when I homered with Carlos Quentin in the top of the 10th and closed it out with Jenks.

White Sox 6, Rangers 5

Awesome game, Destro.

you went up 5-3 on back to back singles I thought? but in any case, epic game.

I would love to stay up playing more games, but I too am getting very sick and I leave for Cancun in 36 hours. (great)

I'll be gone until 4.18. gonna miss the draft in the draft league, but fingers are crossed.

see ya'll when I get back.

[quote name='DestroVega']you went up 5-3 on back to back singles I thought? but in any case, epic game.

I would love to stay up playing more games, but I too am getting very sick and I leave for Cancun in 36 hours. (great)

I'll be gone until 4.18. gonna miss the draft in the draft league, but fingers are crossed.

see ya'll when I get back.[/QUOTE]

SFN isn't going to be the same without you. Have fun in Cancun.

I think you're right, Destro. I just thought I got all my offense on home runs.

I was planning on catching the erst of the White Sox/Indians game and then play another league game, but the game is still going on in the 11th inning. Looks like it might be just about over, though.

Why am I still 0-0? I beat Killsbury 1-0.

You can even check my stats to see James Shields pitched a CG Shut. Why did the game not count?

It shows that I beat him on my schedule and that I lose a game to ratzombie that I never even played. What the fuck is going on? LOL

[quote name='Dahk']Why am I still 0-0? I beat Killsbury 1-0.

You can even check my stats to see James Shields pitched a CG Shut. Why did the game not count?

It shows that I beat him on my schedule and that I lose a game to ratzombie that I never even played. What the fuck is going on? LOL[/QUOTE]

It's SCEA programming. I don't know how they spent 12 hours yesterday working on the server and STILL weren't able to fix these issues. To add to it, I played a quick game with somebody yesterday, was beating him 2-0 in the 7th inning, and was putting another rally together. After hitting a gapper to the wall, I got the "traffic delay" message until the game disconnected (obviously, he pulled the cord). After the game, the results were reported instantly...and it showed me with a 2-0 win, but gave me a loss on my record and said my streak was at -1.

I thought this problem had been fixed with the 2nd patch? It started to make me wonder if the server work they did somehow "undid" what the patch fixed. Sadly, this has become what I expect from SCEA. Fix one problem, break something else. It's pretty apparent that a 3rd patch is needed, but who knows if/when it will come or if it will even fix these remaining issues. And even when it does come, who knows if it will apply to existing leagues. At this rate, the baseball season will be over by the time they fix all the bugs in this game. All we can really do is suck it up, play through it, and reconsider giving SCEA our money next year.

EDIT - Actually, looking back through the thread, I know there were some games that were coming up for Josh to resolve (basically any game from series 1 that hadn't been played, I believe). He didn't HAVE to resolve them, but I don't know whether he just chose to do so, or didn't see my message in time. As I've said before, the flex scheduling in this game is retarded. I don't understand how "flex scheduling", "available games", and "expired games" belong together. It's extremely contradictory.

[quote name='wildcpac']Sounds like Matt is dropping out (Sorry about your PS3). Are we going to have fill in players?[/QUOTE]

I don't know what I'm doing yet. I just came in here to post about that.

Long story short, guys: as many of you know, I sent in my PS3 to be repaired last month. That's why it took me so long to join the league. I sent it in because it wouldn't read or play Blu-rays. They said they completely fixed it and tested it. I got my first Blu-ray from Netflix since the repair, this past Wednesday. I put the disc in... nothing. Wouldn't fucking recognize it.

I called Sony, and they said the only thing I could do was send it in again (which takes 2-3 weeks) and that they "promised" it would get fixed this time. They would not send me a new console in exchange for the broken one. So there's a good chance that I'll send it in and still have the same fucking problem when I get it back.

So for now, I'd like to play. I really enjoy this game. I just don't know what I can do if I'll be without a system for 2-3 weeks.

[quote name='Steggy']hey all, i wanna play a game.... any chance someone can play now b4 jamie oliver food revolution starts? lol[/QUOTE]

I would play you if you were on my schedule...but if anyone on my schedule does want to play a game, I'm on right now.

I'm available to play after the Yankees game is over. Twins here, if you're on my schedule.

Oh, something I forgot: in my game with Destro, about 35-40% of the time, the pitching meter would disappear and my pitchers would just throw without a meter. What's up with that?

[quote name='Matt Young']Oh, something I forgot: in my game with Destro, about 35-40% of the time, the pitching meter would disappear and my pitchers would just throw without a meter. What's up with that?[/QUOTE]

He guessed the right pitch and location.

I don't think that's it. It reverted to the style you use when you turn the pitching meter off in the options- I would hold down the pitch button, and the pitch would go exactly where I wanted it to. He barely ever hit those balls, which he likely would have if he had guessed properly.

Tried to get a league game in tonight, but wildcpac and I couldn't connect. When he challenged me, I'd accept, and it would say "accepting challenge", and then I'd get a "challenge failed" screen. Then I tried challenging him, but he never told me what happened. It was acting like he never even viewed it. Also sent a message to BigAT about playing, but got no response.

N8, we'll have to try again another time. I played 2 games online and had a 4-0 and a 5-1 lead in the 5th and both times the opponent concede. It's an easy win but I would love to get a 9 inning game.

Would anyone who has the White Sox on their schedule like to play tomorrow night after the Dodgers game? That should end around 10 P.M. Eastern, though you never know with baseball. I can't play before then since I'll be in LA for a Kings game and likely won't get home till the Dodgers game is already 3 innings or so in.

bread's done
Back