CAG MLB 10: The Show League Original Teams Finish 1 game by June 13th

I'm available to play today if anyone wants to get a game in. I have Killsbury, Dahk, Destro, Droogs, and Matt Young on my schedule.

I thought we already played? Maybe this is round 2 or that was in the other league.

I can't play tonight unless it's really late. Otherwise, tomorrow. But I really can't play before 9 Eastern most days this week.

Played a decent game with Supreme. I only got 3 hits, and actually had more men reach base by other means- 3 walks, 1 dropped 3rd strike, and 1 error- than I did by hits.

But now, after not experiencing any of the issues other people have mentioned with the game, online or off, I've gone through 2 in the same night.

1) The game I just played with Supreme did not count in the standings.

2) In Nate's league, my team- the Dodgers- DOES NOT EVEN SHOW UP IN THE STANDINGS. Supreme confirmed that it wasn't just me seeing things. What the hell?

i might be available tonight after 1030est as well . my game has been acting up tho taking up to 5 minutes to load after the epilepsy warning and then graphics are bonked , i feel like buying another used copy swapping and returning .

also i just started a fresh league 6 guys and the games played havent been showing up either in standings or anything I think online leagues are just fucked to hell ill keep u guys posted

Josh, not going to make excuses but the league is looking to fold. I have played 3 games, 1 with Destro doesn't show up in the standings but on my schedule as a loss. 2-3 of my opponents that I can play with never go on or haven't even played a game yet according tot he standings. ISQ and Dahk. I have tried playing N8 3 different times and we can never get into a game. I want to stay in the league but I do not think I am going to have an official 5 games completed by tomorrow.

[quote name='m_d_amore']also i just started a fresh league 6 guys and the games played havent been showing up either in standings or anything I think online leagues are just fucked to hell ill keep u guys posted[/QUOTE]

Wow, this is interesting. So, you're saying that us replacing guys didn't have anything to do with it? And that leagues just found a new way to break themselves? That would really make it sound like a server issue (similar to when wins weren't counting in online games before). It's just crazy that it would do that out of nowhere. I love how Sony won't even address the issue though. For all the nuthugging the guys at OS do about the "great support team" and how they "listen to the community", they've sure been doing a great ostrich impression for the past month and a half. Bury that head in the sand. Problems? I don't see any problems.

a game showed up in the standings just took a while i swear 2 games were played tho Ill keep ya posted. but the dropping player breaks the league is confirmed in a few posts in the mlbcommunity forums. and by me as well i have another 6 man league that i replaced a guy before any games were played and the games we played show on the side but not in the standings but all autoresolved games show in standings so the standing are unbalanced due to the games in limbo

Md, what kind of connection are you playing on? First game didn't even start and the second game had traffic/delay after 1 batter. I have never had this problem in 60 games online now.

my connention is mint. its my disc . first game loaded. but i had a black field every time im gonna go to gamestop and get another disc and see if thats the problem . we can try again later .

Supreme...that game was just terrible. I'd love to replay it. The lag at the end was some of the worst i've seen.

The only way i could pitch strikes at the end was just to throw fastballs down the middle.

It's definitely the worst I've ever witnessed. I picked the wrong time to use Hanson. I have a hard time getting his release point vs. the CPU, let alone during a laggy online game. Don't know what was up, I had just finished playing a game against some asshole who only threw sliders down and away with razor sharp precision (I REALLY fucking hate players like that who seem to only play for stats and not fun).

Anyway, funny thing is that I was thinking about offering you a friendly quit in the 7th... don't know why I didn't.

Droogs, I just got your message on XBL. You said you weren't sure whether I was on, but doesn't the profile say that? Legitimate question, because I always have a tab open in Firefox to Xbox.com, so I didn't know if it would say I was on because of that.

Matt, idk. I just saw that you were on pen. So I went to xbox.com and just went to send a message. I didn't really check to see if it gave the status.

Sorry guys I have a lot that has gone on lately with my production company and needed to get a lot of things taken care of, I am back now though. I will try to get the majority of games caught up this week for those who are available and have the Mets on their schedule.

According to cgarb

ATTENTION: DO NOT DOWNLOAD PATCH #3!!!!!!!!!

I just downloaded it and then saw on Operation Sports that there is a pretty huge bug in patch #3. Apparently if there is a man on 3rd with 2 outs and a ground ball is hit resulting in an out the run scores from 3rd and counts. This is an atrociously stupid glitch that almost breaks the game. This has happened to people in every game mode since updating their game, Franchise, RTTS, exhibition, ect. I'm pretty pissed at myself for downloading this patch soon after it came out, I should've known there would be some giant new glitch after the patch. ARGH!!!!!!!!!

Just read the last couple pages of the thread on OS, and Russell posted this:

Because of this bugs severity we will be doing another patch ASAP. I'll update when I have more info.

So, basically, leagues should be on hold until this issue is fixed. In fact, I probably won't play The Show at all until it's fixed.

[quote name='FrankySox']did they fix the Tropicana Field glitch yet?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's supposed to be fixed with the 3rd patch, though I wouldn't even bother with it until the patch to fix the patch is released...hopefully tomorrow (not sure how long the approval process with Sony takes though).

Details on what the 3rd patch fixes can be found here:

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...ow-game-update-3-details-major-bug-found.html

Online Leagues
-Games that diverge (drop, disconnect etc..) will now be thrown away.

yeah that's a cool fix and all, but there seems to be a ton of dropped games and that's going to make games much longer.

[quote name='DestroVega']Online Leagues
-Games that diverge (drop, disconnect etc..) will now be thrown away.

yeah that's a cool fix and all, but there seems to be a ton of dropped games and that's going to make games much longer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know how I feel about that. I guess it's better than nothing. The problem is, people can now pull their cords when they're losing and claim it's a disconnect. I think we should handle this by continuing games from the last completed inning, until 9 innings are played, and then just report who got the win.

Or hell, even use the "rain shortened" system where if a game drops after 5 innings have been completed, whoever was ahead gets the win. At least that would be realistic. I do think it's hilarious that SCEA is just now realizing that giving commissioner's the ability to reset games is a good idea. Only took them 3 years.

Looks like this last patch is safe for everyone to download. A few people have had some freezing issues with it, but these seem to be isolated incidents. I know Josh hasn't posted much in here lately, but I'd advise both leagues to resume.

HOLY fuck! I just got confirmation from Russell himself that our leagues are essentially broken. I posted this on OS a few hours ago:

I still haven't downloaded the patch yet, but since the freezing seems to be fairly isolated, I gave my league the ok to download it, and I'll do so myself later today. What I have noticed however is that theshowcommunity webpage for my league still shows the wrong standings. Not a single game has been recorded since we had to replace one guy in the league.

I'm not sure what SCEA thinks they fixed with online leagues, but they gave a big list of things as though leagues were taken care of, but yet I'm still seeing this. Games that were played 3 weeks ago are not being reflected in the standings. We can only hope that the games are actually registering since the game isn't asking me to resolve them. But it feels like quite a big leap of faith. If we get to the end of the season and can't advance to the playoffs, heads will roll. I love my offline play as much as the next guy, but online play is still a HUGE selling point for this game. If they can't do it right, I'd rather have it taken out of MLB 11 completely and have them charge $10 less. Online play has always been a miserable experience with this series. They need to learn to cut their losses.
Surprisingly, he actually responded to my post...but with this:

The league fixes are not retroactive you have to start over to take advantage of them.
To which, I responded with this:

Wow...my guys aren't going to be happy about that one. Glad we wasted 2 months. No offense to you Russell, but that portion of the game was completely botched this year (for something that was supposed to be "the focus"). That kind of stuff makes the game not worth $60. "Much Cooler This Year" it was not...
I won't be surprised if this gets me banned from OS. I confronted "the savior" directly. But I'm sorry, that's complete garbage. So, we should have waited until May 22nd to start our online league for a game that came out March 3rd. fuck off SCEA! Anybody who pre-orders this game or buys it at launch in the future is a tool. Unless you don't care about online play at all, there's really no point.

[quote name='Matt Young']Josh... any chance of a restart?[/QUOTE]

Actually I was about to post something. LOL

Thanks to the "wonderful" MLB 10: THe Show developer team, the league is completely broken. All of the games we played don't count anymore. So know we are literally back to square one. If you want to start again I'm all for that. I'm looking to downsize a little bit. To say maybe 10-12 teams. This way we can move a little faster. I'm gonna hold the spots until Thursday night for current members. After that I'll open to others if necessary. Like I said, I want to try and stay around 10 but I have no plans of going higher than 12. 16 is just too many. Just post below or PM me if you want in. No response will be assumed as an exit from the league. No hard feelings if you want out. I'll understand.

Also, F.Y.I about the teams. You are currently entitled to your own team. If you want to switch to an OPEN team I'm all for that. If you want a team that is currently taken, you have to wait until Thursday night to see if it becomes available. My only thing is that I want to keep N.L and A.L teams even. But if no one wants to switch and there is an inbalence then I'll randomly choose teams to be transported to the other division.

Also, there will be no Free Agent signings allowed. This should keep things in order.

Yup, we're probably going to have two leagues with carbon copy members at this point, lol. But I guess that's fine. In my curiosity to see if leagues will ever work this year, I'll try it again. Keeping the Phillies as well, just so it's known.

I'm down for it again. I'd like to be the braves, but I'm fine with sticking with the blue jays if that's not possible.

Ok here is the temporary roster...

1. Josh5890/Cubs
2. wildpac/Yankees
3. DestroVega/Texas Rangers
4. madbst/Angels
5. n8rockerasu/Phillies
6. Droogs/Blue Jays
7. Supreme/Braves
8. yukine/Cardinals

That is 4 N.L and 4 A.L teams. I haven't gotten official word from Matt Young but I'm sure he is in. I also haven't heard from Steggy or spidamatrix. I want the rosters set by saturday night so that we can start playing again by next week. Like I said 12 teams is the max now. There are 4 open spots that anyone can take.

[quote name='Josh5890']Ok here is the temporary roster...

1. Josh5890/Cubs
2. wildpac/Yankees
4. madbst/Angels
5. n8rockerasu/Phillies
6. Droogs/Blue Jays
7. Supreme/Braves
8. yukine/Cardinals

That is 4 N.L and 4 A.L teams. I haven't gotten official word from Matt Young but I'm sure he is in. I also haven't heard from Steggy or spidamatrix. I want the rosters set by saturday night so that we can start playing again by next week. Like I said 12 teams is the max now. There are 4 open spots that anyone can take.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to join as the Twins if thats cool.

[quote name='madbst']I was the Dodgers in the original league.[/QUOTE]

My bad...
N.L-6 A.L-4

1. Josh5890/Cubs
2. wildpac/Yankees
4. madbst/Dodgers
5. n8rockerasu/Phillies
6. Droogs/Blue Jays
7. Supreme/Braves
8. yukine/Cardinals
9. Jetman07/Twins