CAG MLB Season Discussion

I can't believe Ubaldo is looking like the Orioles' best starting pitcher so far, and by a fairly wide margin. His performance was especially impressive on Saturday given how horrendous the pitching was in the other two games with the Blue Jays.

I'll be at the game tonight. I'm super excited and having a hard time focusing on work today!

I can't believe Ubaldo is looking like the Orioles' best starting pitcher so far, and by a fairly wide margin. His performance was especially impressive on Saturday given how horrendous the pitching was in the other two games with the Blue Jays.

I'll be at the game tonight. I'm super excited and having a hard time focusing on work today!
Lucky, I hope to go to at least one game this summer.

It was perfect weather last night, but sure wasn't perfect pitching. Orioles pitching sure is rough. I hope they can turn it around soon.

Anybody using MLB.tv on PS4? I just signed up and at first it was working great, but now every 30 seconds it puts up an error message saying there is a streaming error. It's worded sort of like it thinks I don't have a sub. This error is overlayed on top of the feed and the feed is playing fine behind it. I can press O to close the dialogue and the game continues, but 30 seconds later or so it pops up again. I'm now watching on 360 and am not getting this problem, but on there the feed is a bit herky jerky. Still, that's better. Just wondering if anybody else has seen this issue.

Anybody using MLB.tv on PS4? I just signed up and at first it was working great, but now every 30 seconds it puts up an error message saying there is a streaming error. It's worded sort of like it thinks I don't have a sub. This error is overlayed on top of the feed and the feed is playing fine behind it. I can press O to close the dialogue and the game continues, but 30 seconds later or so it pops up again. I'm now watching on 360 and am not getting this problem, but on there the feed is a bit herky jerky. Still, that's better. Just wondering if anybody else has seen this issue.
Did you try deleting and redownloading the app?

I just installed on the PS3 too and I get the same problem. :(

Back to 360, but the playback is so stuttery. Frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the problem was unblock-us. I set up a trial at unlocator and now I'm not getting these problems. So, happy ending. Playing perfectly on PS4 now. At least so far.

So, they had the MLB Extra Innings free preview last week and it was nice. Did not sign up for the program, but channel GAME1 is still active for me. o_O

I have not heard of umpire Jordan Baker before today, but he has made himself an enemy of Baltimore, especially if the Orioles lose this game.

Mike Trout joined the 100 HR/100 SB club tonight, becoming the youngest ever to do it. He beat ARod by 56 days.

Speaking of ARod, he wrecked the Rays tonight: 3-4, 2 HR, 4 RBI in a 5-4 win. The rest of the Yankees combined for 2 hits.

Mike Trout joined the 100 HR/100 SB club tonight, becoming the youngest ever to do it. He beat ARod by 56 days.

Speaking of ARod, he wrecked the Rays tonight: 3-4, 2 HR, 4 RBI in a 5-4 win. The rest of the Yankees combined for 2 hits.
I love that A-Rod has been a beast. I can't wait to start seeing all those Yankee players who were hating on him hard start cheering for him. I don't think he will sustain what he is doing, but its enjoyable to see the Yankees have to squirm at the idea that they are actually going to get some value from him going forward.

It's a long season. Annointing A-Rod the "Comeback Player of the Year" in April is a bit like boasting about leading the division in the first month. There's a lot of baseball left to play.

Speaking of the Yankees...for anybody not watching the game right now...it is snowing in Detroit...a lot.

(sorry for the link...I couldn't find this specific video on MLB.com/Youtube)

https://www.facebook.com/Yankees/videos/10152852499587781/?theater

TBH I don't get the Yankees fans extreme hatred of A-Rod. He wasn't the only Yankee that ever did steroids (we know Clemens did, possibly Pettite and Giambi). They and others helped the Yankees win a bunch of games I'm sure they aren't complaining about. Are they really mad that Rodriguez did steroids and lied or are they mad that he got caught while still under a contract they have to pay?

TBH I don't get the Yankees fans extreme hatred of A-Rod. He wasn't the only Yankee that ever did steroids (we know Clemens did, possibly Pettite and Giambi). They and others helped the Yankees win a bunch of games I'm sure they aren't complaining about. Are they really mad that Rodriguez did steroids and lied or are they mad that he got caught while still under a contract they have to pay?
Speaking for all Yankees fans (I can do that right? lol :lol:), for me it's how hard he fought to cover it up and lie tooth and nail about it, throwing everybody else under the bus along the way. He really couldn't have been more smug in his handling of it.

Clemens was bad too...but his career was over when everything came out.

Pettitte was an interesting case because he humbled himself and said all the right things...not to mention he was homegrown. That's almost like your kid doing something bad. You get mad about it, are disappointed, but you still forgive them. And Pettitte was nothing but a class act the rest of his career and never did anything to cause a problem.

As for Giambi...the Yankees didn't win shit while he was on the team, lol. And the only person who didn't know that Giambi was on roids was Stevie Wonder (who am I kidding? I bet Stevie knew too). Giambi was a byproduct of the "chicks dig the longball" image that MLB had no problem endorsing. That doesn't make it right...but it was all fun and games when everybody was jacking 50 homers a year.

That's not to say I'm rooting for A-Rod to fail. He's still a player on my favorite team, and if he can actually help the team and not be a cancer, then good. But he's never been able to escape the circus that he brings upon himself. In a way, it makes you wonder if he craves it. He could have learned from Jeter that the best way to stay out of the headlines is to be boring. But Alex has always wanted to be the brightest star. And so he is...for better or worse.

Man, the Yankees are on a roll right now. 3 of 4 from Detroit, and now beat up on the Mets in the first game of this series. I don't really expect it to last, but I'll enjoy it just the same, haha. :)

Went to the O's game Saturday night. Lots of fun.
Once I get a deal on tickets , and either catch a flight or the long road trip. Which ever is cheaper. I will then finally be getting to see them this year.

I'm sure all that protest stuff will be over with by then.

Yeah, those hats look strange, but they make a lot of sense.

I was at the Orioles game last Friday. They are 0-2 in games I've gone to this season.

They're giving away free tickets (and discounted to family and friends) to anyone who attended Saturday's Orioles game.

They're giving away free tickets (and discounted to family and friends) to anyone who attended Saturday's Orioles game.
Only good July 24-26, i.e., Otakon weekend, so instead of being surrounded by protesters in the Inner Harbor, you're surrounded by anime enthusiasts.

Just kidding, the Orioles are in Tampa that weekend.

Funny. :p

BTW, I am at the Yard again tonight (my partial season plan is turning out real well) and they've practically locked down the stadium.

Bummer they postponed the O's game tonight. I guess better safe than sorry.
Cmon protestors , can't we all get along and watch some baseball .

And there's a curfew from 10pm-5am. No word on how this affects future games.

The Pokémon Symphonic Orchestra is this Friday too. :(

I bought tickets at the last minute last night figuring it would get cancelled so hopefully I can change them for another game. Couldn't pass $10 for 3rd row section next to the left field foul pole.

There's talk about them moving some games to Nats stadium, I wouldn't mind going down to see the O's as the home team. 

With the curfew I don't see how they can hold any games at Camden Yards, unless they make them all day games. I think it's more likely they'll move them to Nationals Park, which I wouldn't mind as I've never been there. I have tickets for this Friday.

Wednesdays Orioles game is going to be at 2:05 PM tomorrow, but will be closed to the public. Is that a first?

I assume people with tickets will get refunds.

Wednesdays Orioles game is going to be at 2:05 PM tomorrow, but will be closed to the public. Is that a first?
Marlins games are open to the public but no one shows up, does that count?

If it's happened before, I'm sure Jayson Stark or Tim Kurkjian will find record of it.

The weekend Orioles series vs. Tampa Bay is going to take place in Tampa Bay instead of Baltimore. I had a ticket for Friday's game from my 13-game plan. Not sure what will happen with that.

Marlins games are open to the public but no one shows up, does that count?

If it's happened before, I'm sure Jayson Stark or Tim Kurkjian will find record of it.
I think attendance is down in the NL East (except for the Mets). When the Marlins played in Philadelphia, there were like 1,000 fans (if that), it was really sad. Atlanta had a bigger turnout, but it was still pretty empty.

By the way, people in Miami like baseball, and the seats will be filled once the Marlins get a new owner. A lot of Marlins fans don't buy tickets, because they don't want to give money to Jeff Loria.

I think attendance is down in the NL East (except for the Mets). When the Marlins played in Philadelphia, there were like 1,000 fans (if that), it was really sad. Atlanta had a bigger turnout, but it was still pretty empty.

By the way, people in Miami like baseball, and the seats will be filled once the Marlins get a new owner. A lot of Marlins fans don't buy tickets, because they don't want to give money to Jeff Loria.
Braves fans in Atlanta are the worst. Actually, local fans of all the Atlanta teams are pretty bad at supporting the teams.

bread's done
Back