CAG MLB Season Discussion

Not too often you see an opposing player get a standing ovation and curtain call in Philly, much less twice each in the same game.

Jose Fernandez, the bright young Marlins pitcher and former Rookie of the Year, was killed this morning in a boating accident.

EDIT: And t make things even sadder, his wife is pregnant. Poor kid. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
That really sucks so much. He's one of the few individual players whose games I'd turn on just to specifically watch play. He had so much fun playing the game, and not in a douchey way like Bryce Harper. 

Tragedy aside, losing him might set the Marlins as a franchise back a couple years.

Just don't let Cubs fans become as unsufferable as Red Sox and Giants fans became after they broke their championship droughts.

So now that catchers and pitchers have reported for spring training. Any news on Matt Wieters ?

I was kinda hoping that the O's would resign him and so far no teams have.  At least they did get to resign Mark Trumbo, so that's a plus. 

I hope you all are not haters for Thames hitting all those HRs. He is not on any PED as all his piss tests in Korea passed.

I hope you all are not haters for Thames hitting all those HRs. He is not on any PED as all his piss tests in Korea passed.
The way that was worded at first glance was sounding like there was a previous conversation about it. So do you think he will make it to the home run derby?

Any thoughts on barnes punishment or lack there of?
I can't be the only to think it should've been at least 8 games at the bare min.

I have a pair of bleacher tickets to tonight's Cubs Philies game at Wrigley Field. 7pm start.

First PM can have them for free.

You must have the MLB Ballpark App to receive the tickets.

PM if interested.

I have a pair of bleacher tickets to tonight's Cubs Philies game at Wrigley Field. 7pm start.

First PM can have them for free.

You must have the MLB Ballpark App to receive the tickets.

PM if interested.
Wish I live in Chicago to get free tickets. Never been to Wrigley Field. It's on my bucket list to visit.

Any thoughts on the Matt Harvey suspension?
I don't know a whole lot about the Mets players, but I have heard that this is not an isolated incident.

#DildoGate - It's funny but not funny to be suspended.

They're saying it's because he was out till 4 in the morning the night before and then didn't show up to practice because of a "migraine". That picture was pretty funny though. I wonder if the Twitter account manager really didn't see it.

The whole site has undergone marked decline in activity over the last five years. Forum boards just aren't the most popular way to communicate with people over the internet, anymore.
It is pretty crazy. What are people moving on to? Reddit? It just doesn't have the same community feel to me as a forum since there are so many sub-threads going on. As an example, I logged in to watch the Mets WS games while chatting with them, but it wasn't really a discussion. It was more a bunch of people saying Yes when something good happened or No when something bad happened.

They're saying it's because he was out till 4 in the morning the night before and then didn't show up to practice because of a "migraine". That picture was pretty funny though. I wonder if the Twitter account manager really didn't see it.

It is pretty crazy. What are people moving on to? Reddit? It just doesn't have the same community feel to me as a forum since there are so many sub-threads going on. As an example, I logged in to watch the Mets WS games while chatting with them, but it wasn't really a discussion. It was more a bunch of people saying Yes when something good happened or No when something bad happened.
I heard bits and pieces from MLB whiparound and MLB radio about Harvey. They were saying certain ball clubs would be as forgiving or tolerant os these situations since it isn't the first time he has done something like this.
I guess they were referring to the yankees?

I kinda agree with you on the whole reddit thing. So many sub threads when i can just log in here while checking out all the gaming threads.

Who all got to see the O's and nats play last night? Did you see that double right before the game ended?
The third base coach just stood there lol

Anyone catch what was going down with KC and TB . Looks like Archer is possibly starting some trouble.

The beltway series is getting real interesting. I need to check and see if it's finished.

I'm going to the Orioles @ Nats game tonight (and it might happen in spite of all the rain - precip percent will only be 25% at game time). I was at the game last night. A real heartbreaker for us Oriole fans. O's need their closer back....

I'm going to the Orioles @ Nats game tonight (and it might happen in spite of all the rain - precip percent will only be 25% at game time). I was at the game last night. A real heartbreaker for us Oriole fans. O's need their closer back....
I hope he gets healed up asap!

Game was rained out last night, but it had changed to just a light mist at game time and then before long it stopped completely. Lame.

Did you see what happened Ianneta last night against the Pirates?
I haven't heard of any new updates other than a busted lip and nose from the est. 93 mph pitch to the face.
What's wrong with some of these pitchers keep hitting the other players.
I'm sure there will more than likely be some retalation for that given the two teams past history.

Did you see what happened Ianneta last night against the Pirates?
I haven't heard of any new updates other than a busted lip and nose from the est. 93 mph pitch to the face.
What's wrong with some of these pitchers keep hitting the other players.
I'm sure there will more than likely be some retalation for that given the two teams past history.
I don't think that this was intentional. Sometimes a pitch just gets away from a pitcher, but most pitchers wouldn't aim for a guys head/face, even if they were going to intentionally hit someone.

I don't think that this was intentional. Sometimes a pitch just gets away from a pitcher, but most pitchers wouldn't aim for a guys head/face, even if they were going to intentionally hit someone.
That's what i used to think until I watched the O's face off against Boston last month with the Machado incident.
Depending on the circumstance i wouldnsay it's an accident.

The people on the Thames train must have jumped the tracks. I havent heard a peep out of any of them since he stopped the long ball parade. Lol

For anyone that cares, a yearly subscription to mlb.tv is 50% off through Memorial Day, and the follow a team yearly subscription is only $10. If you don't have it yet, for $10 for the year that is a pretty decent bargain.

For anyone that cares, a yearly subscription to mlb.tv is 50% off through Memorial Day, and the follow a team yearly subscription is only $10. If you don't have it yet, for $10 for the year that is a pretty decent bargain.
So I have been wondering about the follow a team thing. So for example , can I pick the Orioles and watch their home and away feed games for just $10?
My mlb.tv expired and i havent renewed yet.
I mainly just wast the Os play anyway.

So I have been wondering about the follow a team thing. So for example , can I pick the Orioles and watch their home and away feed games for just $10?
My mlb.tv expired and i havent renewed yet.
I mainly just wast the Os play anyway.
It sounds like you just need the single team subscription, which is on sale for $44 through tomorrow.

The follow your team thing is a subscription add-on so that you can watch your favorite out of market team's home broadcast even when they're playing a team that is normally blacked out for you. It also requires that you be a subscriber to whatever pay TV service carries that in market team's broadcasts.

It sounds like you just need the single team subscription, which is on sale for $44 through tomorrow.

The follow your team thing is a subscription add-on so that you can watch your favorite out of market team's home broadcast even when they're playing a team that is normally blacked out for you. It also requires that you be a subscriber to whatever pay TV service carries that in market team's broadcasts.
Oooh ok thanks for clearing that up for me. I think I will just stick with what standard premium mlb.tv I usually get ....eventually lol
I was able to watch all the games i wanted last year without any blackouts even while traveling. Next time i'm in the Baltimore area, I can just watch masn.

I was dead wrong on not liking the Freeman extension in 2014. Barring serious injuries, he'll add plenty of surplus in value to the deal. I thought the Braves would break about even, and thus thought it unnecessary to extend him, but he may even double the total dollar amount of the deal in production, easily making paying him over his early arb years worth it.

I was dead wrong on not liking the Freeman extension in 2014. Barring serious injuries, he'll add plenty of surplus in value to the deal. I thought the Braves would break about even, and thus thought it unnecessary to extend him, but he may even double the total dollar amount of the deal in production, easily making paying him over his early arb years worth it.
Just wait til Albies and Acuna arrive. Those two, Freeman, and Inciarte are going to be a great lineup to watch.

bread's done
Back