CAG ModNation Racers Night [Wednesdays @ 10pm EST]

Hows about some ModNation tonight? We've been slacking off the past couple of weeks. Figured I might try and get some more playtime in before everyone runs off and plays Man Furismo Jive. ;)

I'll probably be on for a bit. I've seen some featured tracks go by on the blog that I thought looked cool. And I probably won't be getting GT5, for what it's worth. :)

Also since you mentioned GT5 and I just want an excuse to rant about this, I saw this on the PSBlog and thought... I can't even imagine the absolute maelstrom of poor decision making and delays would lead to somebody releasing a racing game the week before GT5 comes out. Really now.

Modnation Wednesdays still happening? I haven't been able to play with you gents in a while, but I should be available tonight 10pm CDT ish.

It's just as well. I tried to play one final time the other night. Wouldn't connect; then I went into split screen, came back out, and was in a ModSpot with others. Tried to race... endless waiting screen. I backed out of that and was "offline". Same shit as before, with me being able to download stuff but not play.

I was hoping to have reason to reconsider my decision to trade the game in since I hate getting rid of games, but the new game price has dropped to $39.99 and Amazon's giving me $27 in credit that can go toward Rock Band 3. That's a pretty damn good deal. I will re-buy the game at $20 for the single player, most likely, down the line. I will break my tradition of only buying new, however, since UFG doesn't deserve my support after they repeatedly ignored all e-mails and phone calls and never got the online working for anyone with Verizon internet.

I wonder if I can get anything for my Sackboy DLC code? Probably not.

[quote name='Matt Young']That's a pretty damn good deal. I will re-buy the game at $20 for the single player, most likely, down the line.[/QUOTE]

Probably not too bad of an idea, especially for you. Apparently ModNation hasn't sold very well so I would imagine you could snag a copy early next year for $20~.

Kind of a shame too, since it's really fun to play even with some of the glitches and what not.

I'm not a Killzone fan by any means, but this miniature Helghast guy (and his kart with miniature rocket launchers) is adorable:

5258506114_c72ed448f5.jpg

omg:

5844063184_388d305104.jpg

I would love a shark kart... but I think it's just a piece of scenery.

Also there was this thing about an arctic expansion pack which looks cool (hurr). Sort of like that the snowy track we raced that one time, except not totally ghetto.

Anyway... remember this game?

I still haven't downloaded the Far East Tour. Looks like the Arctic and Big City expansions add more career races and trophies. I feel way behind...

I haven't downloaded any of the DLC yet. I got massively discouraged by some of the super annoying trophies in this game, and complete inability to get the hotlap trophy due to hackers.

bread's done
Back