ajh2298 - ajh2298 - Pittsburgh Penguins
Monsta Mack - Jagr69 - New York Rangers
dcv2002 - Achtung Baby - New York Islanders
Lyric706 - Lyric706 - Tampa Bay Lightning
sighlintbob - Shadowcat - Atlanta Thrashers
Pyro82 - Pyro82 - San Jose Sharks
dafoomie - dafoomie - Boston Bruins
billyG - Tdk721 - Philadelphia Flyers

See below. I'll be getting the game tomorrow. On sale at Best Buy for $49.99. Is there any place cheaper than that??

[quote name='TJordan522']There seems to be a reasonable amount of interest in an Xbox 360 NHL 2K6 league, so I am going to be starting one later today. Please post in this thread your Gamertag, NHL team, and any setting you might prefer for the league.

Teams so far (CAG name - Gamertag - NHL team):

TJordan522 - NJDevilsFan - New Jersey Devils
scp89 - PrineTime 360 -
Tha Xecutioner - XThaXecutionerx - Nashville Predators
jm2u - - Dallas Stars
doubledown - DJ Doubledown - Detroit Red Wings
jaa1311 - JAA1311 - Washington Capitals
ajh2298 - ajh2298
Monsta Mack - Jagr69 -
dcv2002 - Achtung Baby - New York Islanders

Please post and add your missing information or if you would like to join![/QUOTE]

I just ordered a used copy from EB online for $35.XX, so I'll be good to go later this week:

Lyric706 — Lyric706 —$Tampa Bay Lightning

Gamertag - Magarnagal

Id like Real time periods so you can actually gauge how much time is left. Like 4 min periods.

sure. you can count me in. haven't been playing this much on the 360 so this should be interesting.

sighlintbob - shadowcat - atlanta thrashers

Alright, I updated the original post to list our current members (11).

I still need to know what teams scp89 and Monsta Mack will be playing with.

Just a note...it is imperative that everyone finds the time to play their game for the week. Having a league where people don't play their games isn't much fun.

Also, I'm fine with the idea of having real time period displays, although I think 4:00 is too short. I was thinking more like 5:00 or 6:00. Any comments?

How many games a week are we looking at?

[quote name='TJordan522']Just a note...it is imperative that everyone finds the time to play their game for the week. Having a league where people don't play their games isn't much fun.

Also, I'm fine with the idea of having real time period displays, although I think 4:00 is too short. I was thinking more like 5:00 or 6:00. Any comments?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dcv2002']How many games a week are we looking at?[/QUOTE]

One game a week.

I haven't decided how many weeks/games long the season is going to be yet. Any suggestions?

[quote name='doubledown']well, my 360 died....so, they will send me a new one in a week, damn update[/QUOTE]

Uh oh...what happened?

It shouldn't be a problem though...it will be about a week before we finalize the players and everyone signs into the league anyway.

[quote name='TJordan522']Uh oh...what happened?

It shouldn't be a problem though...it will be about a week before we finalize the players and everyone signs into the league anyway.[/QUOTE]

The LIVE update crashed my console...I'm SO pissed.

5 or 6 minutes per period is fine with me and it doesn't matter how long the season lasts..til the end of the NHL regular season would be cool with me.

[quote name='TJordan522']Now I'm afraid to get the update...[/QUOTE]

I appear to be the only one affected....who knows. Just shitty luck today. My TV I ordered was not delivered, I got fake coupons I bid on EBAY for and then my 360 died. Then I watched The Fog remake...what crap that was too.

man you guys suck...all playing with good teams...oh red wings, oh lightning, oh devils....or with guys in the game who can score at will like that kid from the Pens and the other kid from the Caps.... btw I'm just venting b/c my team Sux and I know I will get killed...

I'll take the Columbus BlueJackets (and yeah I know...I'll be last in the league)

o btw I'm not bashing you guys for taking those teams :) just take it easy on the old BJax k? :)

I'm goin with the home team if that makes you feel any better. If you really want a "good team" then go with the Senators, they aren't taken yet. And hockey is so fast that your all star players will only see about 2 minutes in each of our periods per game, so it won't make a big difference at all if you have the 1st ranked team or the 15th.

[quote name='jm2u']I'm new to this so bear with me, but how do we know who we are going to play?[/QUOTE]

Once I create the league, everyone wil have to sign in through their Xbox 360s. When everybody has signed in, it will auto-generate a schedule. The schedule will be posted on the 2K Sports website as well as in the first post of this thread.

Then, it's up to you and your opponent to work out a convenient time to play.

I'm going to go ahead and add all the potential players in our league to my friends list, so it will be easier to find a time to play and so I don't have to do it later.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I'm going to go ahead and add all the potential players in our league to my friends list, so it will be easier to find a time to play and so I don't have to do it later.[/QUOTE]
Good idea.

Anyone else interested before we get this thing going?

I see that you can do live draft's in online leagues. Anyone interested in that. Since we have lot less teams than 30 we should all be able to draft good players.....

[quote name='starmask2k3']I"M in

starmask2k3-VampireHunter R-dallas stars[/QUOTE]

Check first post Stars are taken I think.

[quote name='starmask2k3']I"M in

starmask2k3-VampireHunter R-dallas stars[/QUOTE]

Yeah...you're welcome to join the league, but you need to pick another team. Dallas has been chosen.

Ok, I'm shipping my 360 out today, so hopefully they ship it back pretty quick.... I hope to have it by midweek. If that's too long, let me know.

Sign me up for the Bruins... But I'm just ordering the game today, so it'll be a few days before I can sign in.

What are the settings going to be? Are injuries going to be on?

Thanks for joining dafoomie.

What settings do you want? So far the only recommendation is 5 or 6 minute real time periods. And a live online draft.

Anyone want to add to these?

A live online draft might be cool. You get to play as your favorite team and draft all of your favorite players.
And 6 minute real time periods sound good as well.

Once I get some more suggestions, I'll start the league up.

Then, we can all sign in. The sign-in stage might take awhile since we have broken Xboxes and people without the game, but no big deal.

I'm not a big fan of the draft, unless you get the players that are normally on your team, and you draft players from teams that nobody took. But, if its what everyone wants to do, I'll just have to make sure I draft my guys first.

I'd think about turning injuries on this time around, it adds variety to the roster. And I don't know if fatigue was turned down last time, but it should be a little higher, you rarely ever had to use anyone beyond your top 2 lines.

But I'm pretty flexible about everything, whatever you guys decide to do is fine.

Ok, here is my $0.02 on the settings.

I think the goaltending sliders should be maxed to at least make it a little harder to score(maybe adjust the defense up too). Also 7 minute periods would be finebut keep the faster clock. I also agree with dafoomie the fatigue should be tweak up a little so we have to roll all four lines, or at least three. Playing with injuries would be cool with me too.

Alright, so here's what we have so far:

-Goalie sliders maxed
-Defensive sliders increased
-Injuries
-Relatively high fatigue to force use of 3rd and 4th lines
-6 minute real time periods

Anyone want to add to the list?
I am OK with everything listed so far.
What skill level should we play on?

Alright, let's take a vote regarding the live online draft. Post yes or no for the online draft as well as your setting suggestions.

Current Results:
YES: 2 (TJordan522, dcv2002)
NO: 1 (dafoomie)

The draft does seem interesting, the more I think about it. The Bruins suck, so there shouldn't be a problem drafting any of them. Then again, everyone would have all star teams, so I'm not too sure about it. Put me down as a definite maybe.

I dunno about maxing out the goalie slider, higher would be fine, as long as its not insane. If maxing it out doesn't make them insane, thats fine.

And it wouldn't necessarily have to be high fatigue, just higher than usual. Have to find a balance between needing to use more than 2 lines, and having to change your lines every 10 seconds. I don't have the game yet, so I can't try it.

As long as somebody is trying all of these out and making sure they're going to work OK, it should be fine.

[quote name='TJordan522']Alright, let's take a vote regarding the live online draft. Post yes or no for the online draft as well as your setting suggestions.

Current Results:
YES: 2 (TJordan522, dcv2002)
NO: 1 (dafoomie)[/QUOTE]

No for me...and, a setting I like to do whenever I play is turn off control for the goalie because I hate playing as him. It shouldn't be a rule for the league, I was just going to go ahead and say that now because I'll do it for myself before each game. The goalie thing is fine..it doesn't make them impossible to score on, in fact, I think I always play with it maxed and I average 6 or 7 goals with it. The fatigue thing is an awesome idea because I manually rotate in my 3rd and 4th lines a lot because they rarely play. I'm not a fan of injuries, but I'll definitely go along with it if others want to. Also, defense slider I don't care about but DEFINITELY keep real-time 6 minute periods.

[quote name='TJordan522']Alright, so here's what we have so far:

-Goalie sliders maxed
-Defensive sliders increased
-Injuries
-Relatively high fatigue to force use of 3rd and 4th lines
-6 minute real time periods

Anyone want to add to the list?
I am OK with everything listed so far.
What skill level should we play on?[/QUOTE]

All-Star or Hall of Famer

And I vote no on the on-line draft.

Fro the LVIE draft, does eveyone have to be on at the same time? That could be tough....or, how does it work? put me for maybe....more NO I guess, since I like the Red Wings :)

Not sure if Goalie slider should be maxxed....maybe up. I thin All-Star would be a good level to play on also.

I know for computer leagues you can make it where everyone must be present at the same time and pick, but I think on consoles it's always randomly done. But, I chose my team for a reason (not just for a cool logo), so I'd rather keep the people I picked to play as rather than hope for a lucky pick in the draft.

no draft(I don't like that idea, it would take way to much time)...as for the other settings I don't care except for I like the game speed up'd a little (not time) but game speed...

bread's done
Back